PDA

View Full Version : Maroon 5 is going to one be the next BIG music "icons"...

Johnny Vegas
05-18-2007, 03:40 PM
That is if their first album didn't solidify that already IMO. These guys are just too fucking good and have a HUGE buzz surrounding them. You heard it here first got dammit. Already heard their second album, classic. Don't know if its WAY better than the first but its real close. I just think that they are one of those groups heading to the category that U2, Green Day, KISS, The Beatles, etc.

Thoughts? If you haven't even heard their damn album(s) and try to make this thread look gay then :foc: . Real talk though, listen to their music if you haven't because its that laid back, feel like a million bucks music bitches.

Silent
05-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I liked some songs on the first album, and I liked Adam Levine in the Kanye West song "Heard Em Say", but I haven't heard anything new from them.

UmbrellaCorporation
05-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I agree with this. Maroon 5 is fantastic. And that new single is catchy as shit.

Kane Knight
05-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Is their new record out? They've been advertising it for like two years now.

Anyway, as I've presumably made clear before, good shit. I dig their first record. Nice variety in terms of what a pop record provides. I don't even know how to describe them, half the time.

Plus, their covers are ass-kicking. Dug Hghway and Rocking in the Free World.

KingofOldSchool
05-18-2007, 05:10 PM
:rofl:

Silent
05-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Strong argument from KingofOldSchool.

Kane Knight
05-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Convinced me.

Downunder
05-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they a boy band

Kane Knight
05-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they a boy band

Well, they play their own instruments, write their own songs, weren't formed by an outside force, and sure as fuck don't look right...

So probably not.

St. Jimmy
05-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Too bad they're absolutely terrible.

Zen v.W.o.
05-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Plus the dude has a really shitty fucking voice.

Kane Knight
05-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Plus the dude has a really shitty fucking voice.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Zen v.W.o.
05-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Convincing KK.

Kane Knight
05-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Amusing, Zenny.

KingofOldSchool
05-18-2007, 08:24 PM
They are a generic pop band.

And yes, I've listened to Songs About Jane over and OVER again. I had an ex girlfriend who was obsessed with them and my current girlfriend likes them as well.

I give them one or two more albums before they break up because Adam wants to go solo.

Kane Knight
05-18-2007, 08:26 PM
They are a generic pop band.

Could make the same argument about the Beatles.

Skippord
05-18-2007, 09:17 PM
I agree with at least one of the posts in this thread

Guess which one

DaveWadding
05-18-2007, 09:29 PM
They're really good on record and solid, if unspectacular live.

The Naitch
05-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Anyone who hates on Maroon 5 is a true playa hata

Harder To Breathe is their best song

If Kanye endorses them then they must be good.

Skippord
05-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Post #10 is correct

thedamndest
05-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Considering that right now you have a choice between some cousin of emo or needlessly miscellaneous metal, it isn't that hard to become the next ICON.

Downunder
05-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Well, they play their own instruments, write their own songs, weren't formed by an outside force, and sure as fuck don't look right...

So probably not.

Thank you for correcting me

RP
05-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Is this a joke thread? I cant really tell.

Johnny Vegas
05-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Their latest album is pretty damn good, but i also HEARD that Adam will retire soon because he wants to spend more time with his family. WTF, but i understand.

I still can't get their new single out of my head.

St. Jimmy
05-19-2007, 06:39 PM
I will make the same argument about the Beatles.

Kane Knight
05-19-2007, 07:20 PM
I will make the same argument about the Beatles.
I honestly can't wait to see it. :y:

Zen v.W.o.
05-19-2007, 11:19 PM
How were the Beatles generic? For their time, it was completely new and innovative. All those classics and great material while only using 4 tracks their entire career my friends.

Johnny Vegas
05-20-2007, 12:37 AM
Well, i find Maroon 5 new and innovative because no one sounds like them, melody nor vocals, and their WHOLE album people can actually listen to. They pretty much have the biggest buzz as far as the summer, or a POP group for that matter, goes.

Blitz
05-20-2007, 01:50 AM
I wouldn't call them new or innovative. But they're good pop, so I'll listen to it.

G
05-20-2007, 10:12 AM
to me, they are about annoying as nickleback and i also hope they die.

Kane Knight
05-20-2007, 10:21 AM
How were the Beatles generic? For their time, it was completely new and innovative. All those classics and great material while only using 4 tracks their entire career my friends.

:lol:

Is this going to turn into another one of those things where you retardedly defend blindly, while I bring in evidence and reality into things?

Because I could probably use one or two of those.

BCWWF
05-20-2007, 02:21 PM
I had never even considered Maroon 5 to be anything like this thread is making them out to be. I remembered their hits a few years ago, "This Love" "Harder to Breathe" and "She Will Be Loved," and liked them all, but never knew that they were considered more than a kind of one album band. So when I first opened this thread and saw the first post, I was kind of expecting the poster to get torn on. It's interesting to hear all of this because I never knew that people thought this highly of them. I'm interested to hear the new album now.

Kane Knight
05-20-2007, 05:29 PM
A friend of mine played me their record when it first came out. I was fairly impressed. I then noticed that they were getting praise from rather unusual sources. That alone is enough to make me think they could go somewhere.

There are a lot of nuances to the music, that actually make them a fair parallel to the Beatles, by the way. Are they as good at songwriting as Lennon/McCartney? Doubtful. But there are some parallels in terms of style.

But that's from a strictly artistic perspective.

Kane Knight
05-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Well, and a mechanical standpoint.

And a production standpoint.

Johnny Vegas
05-23-2007, 11:07 AM
To sell 10 Million albums on your first public try isn't too bad either. I mean not everyone is going to like their music, but i'm telling people that this group is going to be the music sensation of the decade/new millenium. Just like Beatles of the 60's, KISS of the 70's, U2 of the 80's and Guns n Roses/Nirvana of the 90's. There is too much buzz surrounding this group and it isn't like MORE of their tracks on Songs About Jane couldn't have been on the airwaves.

I believe it is the same for Chris Brown as far as R&B idol goes. His last album has TOO many singles that have either been #1 on the radio, tv, or ringtones lol

Requiem
05-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Pretty big fan of this new CD. :cool:

Kane Knight
05-24-2007, 06:36 PM
To sell 10 Million albums on your first public try isn't too bad either.

Ummm...Are we still talking M5? They only sold around 4 Million according to the RIAA.

I downloaded it, so I could listen while I waited for it to come in. I'm not as impressed with it as the first, though I might pick up on it more with repeated listenings.

It's not bad, it's just that Songs About Jane was waaaaay better.

Johnny Vegas
05-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Songs About Jane was really good. I think that once you listen to it, you'll get into the mode of the CD. I didn't think it was AS good until i listened the second time around. What i like about M5 is how you HAVE to listen to the whole song to incorporate the whole tune/melody. i.e. "The best part" of a song may be further along in it.

But i still give M5 props for this album. :y:

I got the 10 million off of some commercial for worldwide sales.

Kane Knight
05-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Oh. Worldwide sales.

Thaty's far less imprssive than you make it sound.

Bad Company
05-28-2007, 01:25 AM
rofl, compare them to the beatles why don't ya.

Kane Knight
05-29-2007, 11:25 AM
What is it ith stupid people and linear thinking?

Zen v.W.o.
05-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Tell us KK.

Kane Knight
05-31-2007, 12:37 AM
Tell us what it is about stupid people and linear thinking?

Kane Knight
05-31-2007, 01:09 AM
Go on. someone out and say they were so fucking stupid, they thought a statement that the same argument could be used meant that Maroon 5 was someone on the same scale as the Beatles, either in terms of success or popularity.

Someone fucking make my day and tell me that someone that stupid was able to find their way onto TPWW, or even log on to the internet without the help of an adult or supervisor, and managed to string those words together.

Because I could really use that laugh right about now.

There are people out there who aren't allowed to play with regular scissors who are smarter than that. But not Bad Company. Not Zen. Not Stickman, not Alienoid, not Requiem. This board seems loaded with people who are so devoid of intellect that if they had a thought, it would likely die of boredom.

(Apologies to the 20-30 people on this board with an IQ of double digits or better, but you're 20-30 out of thousands)

Mr Regal
06-03-2007, 12:51 PM
One wonders why you post here KK.

M5 are ok as far as i am concerened. Nothing more nothing less.

I do however, think Mr Vegas here, is going WAY over the top with his predictions for the future.

If they keep making catchy tuunes they will do well for themselves. That is it.

Kane Knight
06-03-2007, 02:28 PM
One wonders why you post here KK.

Only if one is a member of said single digit IQ folk.

You seem reasonably intelligent, most of the time, so I'll assume you weren't talking for yourself. :)

Mr Regal
06-03-2007, 04:33 PM
:shifty:

Skippord
06-04-2007, 03:38 AM
KK loves me despite my foolishness

Kane Knight
06-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Only because I'm catholic, and you're a young white boy.

Mr Regal
06-04-2007, 09:38 AM
I heard that if you join the church and devote your life to it, they let you love young white boys as much as you want. And girls too. mainly boys though.

Do you think M5 were young catholic boys?

Requiem
06-05-2007, 11:56 PM
KK would be bored without us arguing with him. We are a necessary part of his board life. We've provided probably half of your posts in replies. So ha. :p

So as much as you say you don't like us, you still need us KK. :heart:

Smitty
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
This topic brings the LOLs

Bad Company
06-07-2007, 07:17 PM
rofl, I'm sorry I missed your coment above until now KK. You are so precious, I just want to pinch your cheeks.

The Naitch
06-30-2007, 02:52 AM
God damn, my best friend gave me shit for years when he found out that I owned the first album. He called me gay and all that stuff. Then recently I got another text message calling me gay.

Then the new single (catchy as shit) was on the radio, and he got into 'serious discussion mode' then he finally gave M5 props

(so does that make him a closet fag?)

Mr Regal
07-04-2007, 05:48 AM
Yes he is a closet fag!

darkpower
07-05-2007, 01:15 AM
They're a pretty good band, though I've heard that the lead singer thinks he's the second coming of Christ and that everyone should suck his dick or something. But that's from YouTube comments, so that's for what it's worth.

packt up
07-06-2007, 03:45 PM
They are above average for the current music industry. I listen to them occasionally but I doubt they will be the next Beatles. A lot.

Fox
07-06-2007, 05:59 PM
Maroon 5 would not be nearly as popular if every girl in the United States with a working vagina didn't want to fuck the shit out of Adam Levine. For the males who like this band; you've bought into media hype created by this epidemic of cock-frenzied female fans.

Don't be alarmed. There is help for you.

Maroon 5 is good, but they won't last. To compare them to the Beatles is blasphemy.

darkpower
07-09-2007, 02:19 AM
Maroon 5 would not be nearly as popular if every girl in the United States with a working vagina didn't want to fuck the shit out of Adam Levine. For the males who like this band; you've bought into media hype created by this epidemic of cock-frenzied female fans.

Hmm...liking a band being unethical?

NOW I know why I made that "Guilty pleasures of music" thread a long time ago.

Still, I think they are an awesome band (Makes Me Wonder is catchy as fuck). Only thing is, as I've heard, Adam thinks he's the second coming of Christ.

darkpower
07-09-2007, 02:25 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrF8vxLRDNE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrF8vxLRDNE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Johnny Vegas
07-09-2007, 03:19 PM

Maroon 5 is good, but they won't last. To compare them to the Beatles is blasphemy.

Probably coming from a guy who thought Hip Hop/Rap wouldn't either. J/K

Joey Slugs
07-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Forget all this Maroon 5 bullshit... that fact that he even put KISS and Green Day in the same league as the Beatles is fucking laughable.

darkpower
07-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Forget all this Maroon 5 bullshit... that fact that he even put KISS and Green Day in the same league as the Beatles is fucking laughable.

Honestly, when you think about it, they are in terms of popularity and appeal. Not saying that it's right, but that is what it basically comes down to.