PDA

View Full Version : Lol at Wwe announcers

anandraval
05-19-2007, 02:07 PM

Gerard
05-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Im near sure jr once called that fucked up looking figure 4 he did a few times a figure 4 edge lock. :roll:

SammyG
05-19-2007, 03:17 PM
KENNEDY

CSL
05-19-2007, 04:03 PM
<font color=white>...KENE

Nah, only playing.</font>

KingofOldSchool
05-19-2007, 04:24 PM
EDGE

thedamndest
05-19-2007, 05:06 PM
The Downward Spiral was a backwards russian leg sweep, like Jarret's Stroke.

Volare
05-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Watch Summerslam 98 if you got it...the downward spiral looked diecent at the time

Jordan
05-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Gangrel called it the impaler

IC Champion
05-19-2007, 11:06 PM
KENNEDY

I'mNotOscar
05-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Didn't they call Christian's move the Impaler before it became Unprettier?

Fox
05-19-2007, 11:33 PM
I think they avoid names like "Edge-u-cation" and "Edge-o-matic" because they don't sound very devious or heelish. Kind of childish and lame, actually.

NeanderCarl
05-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Didn't they call Christian's move the Impaler before it became Unprettier?

Yep.

Funky Fly
05-20-2007, 01:53 AM
On top of that, the DDT is called the Edgecution. The submission is called the Edge-U-cator.

Also, has anyone ever jobbed to the Edge-O-Matic? It's more like a signature move than a finisher.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 02:35 AM

I thought it was more like a Flatliner?

Edge's Elevated DDT started out as "The Impaler," because that was Gangrel's name for the move. It then got the name "The Buzzkiller." This changed again into "The Edgecution." The name never officially changed again, but JR is an idiot, so he just calls it a DDT, or some shit.

The Edgecator is Edge's submission finishing move, and it was originally called the "Figure Four Edge Lock," but that changed when it became noticeable that the move was probably closer to a sharpshooter/cloverleaf/crab than a figure four. It also gave Edge some nice symmetry, as Edge was using the Edgecution at the time. Everyone was using submission moves at the time, Chavo Guerrero even had the "Low Rider" STF. Chavo apparently used a cross-legged STF in WCW, which was known as the "Deathlock STF," so they were probably the same move.

The Edge-O-Matic was used by Edge as a finishing move around the time he was phasing out the Downward Spiral, and was kind of using a Spear to end matches occasionally. He was teaming with Christian at the time, so clean wins weren't their forte. Edge has beaten people with the move, though. He hasn't used it to finish matches recently, though.

It having a joke name can't be an excuse for Jim Ross not calling it properly. Even when Edge was "kazoos and streamers rule" Edge, JR still never called it by its proper name. He'd just go "Edge driving the head to the mat right there," and for the longest time, I had no clue that was even the Edge-O-Matic websites listed as one of his finishing maneuvers.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 03:55 AM
That's one thing Edge is missing; a clearly definible finisher. I never get the sense that the match is over upon seeing the Impaler DDT. Edge is not really known as a "submission" guy, so the leglock is pretty much worthless. Too many people are using spears and tackles since Goldberg came along; they're nothing special anymore.

Even if they just stick with the DDT (which Mickie James is also using), they should push to establish it more as his "devastating finisher".

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 04:34 AM
Even if they just stick with the DDT (which Mickie James is also using), they should push to establish it more as his "devastating finisher".

I think that has a better chance of happening now that he's on SmackDown!. That's where he had most of his finisher development originally, RAW just erased it all and had him use the Spear.

Lara Emily
05-20-2007, 11:46 AM
It's not really like the stroke at all.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 01:29 PM
The Downward Spiral was the same as The Flatliner. A sort of above the shoulder DDT.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 01:31 PM
This is the Downward Spiral/Flatliner...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iCtI1sUexmI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iCtI1sUexmI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

dude extreme
05-21-2007, 10:11 AM
It was not a big time manuver anyhow.

thedamndest
05-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Yes. I had a stroke temporarily forgetting what The Stroke was.