PDA

View Full Version : WWE Judgement Day Play-By-Play

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Well, Play-By-Play may be stretching it. I'm not going all out with this one, I'm just going to post key moments and results.

Not bothering with a big intro, tough!

Match one. Ric Flair beats Carlito with a figure four leglock, much to the crowds delight. Carlito's finisher is now called the "Back Stabber"... that's an improvement anyway. Okay match, about the best you can expect from Flair nowadays. Not sure I like the fact Carlito has been buried against the near 60yr old Flair (who the WWE has no plans for, anyway, so therefore he did not need to go over). The punishment continues. No sign of Torrie.

Interview segment, and Shawn Michaels addresses the fact that rumours are saying he won't compete tonight. Randy Orton then attacks him backstage... didn't see THAT coming! :shifty:

So either it's a way of getting 'HBK' out of his match with Orton, or it's the storyline excuse for Michaels being injured in the match tonight.

A video package for the 'Lashley/Umaga/McMahons' saga. Presumably that match is up next.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Yes, it is the 3-on-1 rematch/rehash next. Umaga, ECW World Champion Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon vs Bobby Lashley....

Still no Armando Estrada too (I assume "Allejandro" has gone the way of "Phatu" "Kane The..." and all of the Divas surnames in the mysterious disappearing names file).

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Lashley pins Shane McMahon in fucking seconds to win the ECW title back. Vince and Umaga were barely involved. The video package beforehand lasted longer.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh okay... after the match, Umaga attacks Lashley, and Vince announces that because Lashley didn't pin Vince, then Vince is still the ECW champ... apparently, in order to win the title, he has to beat Vince.

Still your ECW World champion, Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 08:32 PM
LMAO at the WWE heeling Carlito up. Apparently he had some new black attire, being evil now and all. I kind of had a feeling Ric Flair would go over, as the WWE seems to give him wins at all the inappropriate times, but I went with Carlito because it would be the smart thing to do. Flair could have won some matches in between, but Carlito really should have gotten the big win to start off, and the big win to close.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Well he must still have his "nuclear heat", stemming from his attitude about his WrestleMania bumping.

Giving him the loss to decrepit old Ric (legend that he is) is burying him without even building him up first.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Backstage, a doctor tells Shawn Michaels that he is refusing him permission to wrestle tonight.

Who figured?

Mr. Nerfect
Oh okay... after the match, Umaga attacks Lashley, and Vince announces that because Lashley didn't pin Vince, then Vince is still the ECW champ... apparently, in order to win the title, he has to beat Vince.

Still your ECW World champion, Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

I guess this is the best direction to go under the circumstances, as they want to milk Lashley winning the Title back, but they need to keep him looking stronger. I'm not liking Vince as Champion, though. I still maintain that it should have been Umaga or Shane.

Xero
Yeah, ignore the "official" thread. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Well he must still have his "nuclear heat", stemming from his attitude about his WrestleMania bumping.

Giving him the loss to decrepit old Ric (legend that he is) is burying him without even building him up first.

It's kind of funny that Ric was just as unhappy about being left off the card.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:35 PM
ECW's only other offering tonight is up next, as C.M. Punk (complete with classic wrestling rib-injury taped guts) is taking on Elijah Burke.

I don't really bother with ECW much, but I'm surprised at the lack of reaction for Punk. Is this a regular thing now? He was getting great reactions a few months back. Did joining the New Breed kill his heat?

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm glad HBK is being left off the card. Now all they need to do is replace the Michaels vs. Orton match with London & Kendrick challenging for and winning back their WWE Tag Team Championship. Two years in a row at Judgment Day, baby!

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:36 PM

I didn't see an "official" thread.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 08:40 PM
ECW's only other offering tonight is up next, as C.M. Punk (complete with classic wrestling rib-injury taped guts) is taking on Elijah Burke.

I don't really bother with ECW much, but I'm surprised at the lack of reaction for Punk. Is this a regular thing now? He was getting great reactions a few months back. Did joining the New Breed kill his heat?

Probably. I mean, the kiddies probably think he's a bad guy because he showed humanity, and smarks stopped caring when the WWE fucked up with him. And before anyone says "zOMG! Punk is overrated! Let's put him in the main event of WrestleMania and unify the World Titles! I'm funny," he didn't need a main event push, what he needed was decent development of character. The WWE has fucked that up pretty good.

Elijah Burke has some good heat on him. I'm not sure if that will translate from ECW over to the Judgment Day crowd, but if it does, the fans should get more and more behind Punk, and if the match is great, the fans could begin to care about him again.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 08:42 PM

I'm pretty sure there isn't an official thread. :-\

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 08:44 PM
I dislike the ref, hes annoying. :(

Nice to see Punk slowly revert back to his ROH moveset/style.

Good match so far, although its starting drag. I think Burke may win it though.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:48 PM
To be honest, I havn't really been concentrating on this match so far, been a bit distracted, but what I have caught has looked pretty smooth and the crowd are into it. That's a good sign.

As far as pushing/not pushing Punk... my philosophy would be, if the crowd reactions are great, run with it... doesn't always work, see Hogan in 2002, but you never know until you try. RVD was cut off at the knees in 2001, after getting so over he ended up in the main event of No Mercy 2001, because WWE didn't want to stir shit with the veterans by pushing this newbie. I say fuck that. If Punk is over, push him, don't fuck with him until they decide he's finally allowed to get over.

And I'm not a fanboy, I'm not a huge fan of Punk, but I do think he's worth a risk.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Isn't this Punk's first singles match on WWE PPV?

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Yes.

Good job by both guys for getting the crowd into the match.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Unfortunately, the crowd seem to be giving up on this match rather than sticking with it. Punk and Burke are struggling to build momentum.

As soon as I write that, Punk hits a nasty sounding enziguiri that brought the crowd back to life.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Ah, I found Xero's thread. Ah well, this seems like the place to be at the moment.

I was pretty sure Punk was taking it, but a Burke win wouldn't be that surprising. I am still pulling for Punk to form a stable of his own, with Kevin Thorn as the first member. With Ariel gone, God knows he needs something to do.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Awesome Elijah Express just there.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Burke reverses a G2S into the Elijah Experience, but Punk kicks out. Punk crotched on the top rope, and Elijah hits the "Elijah Express", or a double knee to the back. Pin, but Punk's hand gets the rope to break it up.

This time the Elijah Experience is reversed into the Go 2 Sleep, and Punk takes the victory in what I believe to be his PPV singles debut.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Burkes selling, and lets be honest, the move depends on the seller, of of the Go2Sleep is shit.

Good match in my opinion.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Is it just me, or do crowds suck these days? It's rare that they actually get into things, and translate their energy through the product, these days. I mean, sure the WWE makes it difficult with a generally shitty product, but they did buy tickets.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 08:55 PM
Burke reverses a G2S into the Elijah Experience, but Punk kicks out. Punk crotched on the top rope, and Elijah hits the "Elijah Express", or a double knee to the back. Pin, but Punk's hand gets the rope to break it up.

This time the Elijah Experience is reversed into the Go 2 Sleep, and Punk takes the victory in what I believe to be his PPV singles debut.

Holy shit, that sounds like a hot finish.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:55 PM
What was wrong with Anaconda Vice, by the way? The best finishers are those you can hit on anyone. You can't put a big guy in the Go 2 Sleep.

Is Kane on this show? Who's going to replace Michaels against Orton then?

Anyone hear thinking Jericho? Highly unlikely with no pre-announcement, WWE "surprise opponents" are usually shit. We'll probably get Santino Marella or someone.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Orton is making his way to the ring. Will Michaels "gut it out", will the match be called off, will Orton have a different opponent?? Let's find out....

Rob
Holy shit! Is that Bret Hart?

Skippord
Not doing to terrible on Tipsters rn

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 08:57 PM
I doubt Jericho is truly in shape for a return. Kane does seem like the logical choice. He's on the poster, and he isn't even on the card.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 08:57 PM
Bret Hart AND Chris Jericho?!!

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Okay they were about to announce Orton as winner by forfeit, but 'Sexy Boy' hits and Michaels is stumbling toward the ring, selling his 'concussion' from earlier.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 08:58 PM
What was wrong with Anaconda Vice, by the way? The best finishers are those you can hit on anyone. You can't put a big guy in the Go 2 Sleep.

The Anaconda Vise was a damn good finish. Especially when he used to break out the combo, and plant his opponent with the uranage. The Go To Sleep just doesn't seem to fit Punk.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Okay they were about to announce Orton as winner by forfeit, but 'Sexy Boy' hits and Michaels is stumbling toward the ring, selling his 'concussion' from earlier.

That sucks dick.

spunkynut
Orton's concussion selling from his Evolution/World champ days on RAW were much better than HBK's drunken man act.

Mr. Nerfect
I would have marked out for Mick Foley vs. Randy Orton in another classic Street Fight.

Rob
05-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Bret Hart AND Chris Jericho?!!

Am I glad I ordered this show now or what?

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:00 PM
You know Shawn Michaels is going over, too. Punk overcame his injury, so of course HBK can't allow himself to be upstaged.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:01 PM
So the WWE's official doctor (Ferdinand Rios?) has categorically told Michaels that he will not clear him to compete, yet this match is going ahead??

Surely the referee (who is repeating the whole Kennedy "are you sure you want to do this?" spiel) does not have any official decision that would allow Michaels to compete? And if he had any sense, he wouldn't allow a man with a 'concussion' to compete.

Michaels is full on selling the concussion, very well. Orton going to work on the head of Michaels.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm getting the feeling Orton could get himself disqualified by waffling Michaels with a steel chair and worsening HBK's condition. This would get heel heat for Orton, put Michaels out of storylines, and give HBK the win.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Orton's concussion selling from his Evolution/World champ days on RAW were much better than HBK's drunken man act.

Royal Rumble 2004. VERY convincing sell job by Orton. I truly fell for it.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:02 PM
So the WWE's official doctor (Ferdinand Rios?) has categorically told Michaels that he will not clear him to compete, yet this match is going ahead??

Surely the referee (who is repeating the whole Kennedy "are you sure you want to do this?" spiel) does not have any official decision that would allow Michaels to compete? And if he had any sense, he wouldn't allow a man with a 'concussion' to compete.

Michaels is full on selling the concussion, very well. Orton going to work on the head of Michaels.

That's a good point. The WWE clearly didn't think this through.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Ah Michaels collapses during the Sweet Chin Music, stumbles to his feet, but the referee stops the match. Orton wins by stoppage.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Anti climactic ending there.

edit : I spoke too soon.

Who the hells the chick in the ring?

Rob
05-20-2007, 09:06 PM
This is why they need more MMA style matches. This ref stoppage finish can work in the right circumstances. WWE have only ever found that instance once though - Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin. And Ken Shamrock, a UFC legend was who it was built around.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Ah Michaels collapses during the Sweet Chin Music, stumbles to his feet, but the referee stops the match. Orton wins by stoppage.

:|

The WWE is really throwing shit booking at HBK lately. There was the double pin with Orton a while back, and then he got the non-title win over Edge. This match shouldn't have even started if the referee was concerned about Shawn Michaels' health, so why end it like that? It's only going to piss off the fans. They should have just had Michaels pin Orton and that be that.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:07 PM
This was less of a match than an angle. There was no real wrestling in this bout.

Referee helps Michaels stand up, only for Randy Orton to RKO him. Michaels' wife Rebecca hits the ring crying, as officials and medics attend to Shawn.

In the realms of kayfabe, that referee should be fired for allowing Michaels to compete.

This brings back memories of the famous Michaels post-concussion collapse of 1995. They are treating this as "real as real can be", with sombre commentary and lots of "this is real" bait. Which, by the way, it isn't. And this isn't 1995, so nobody in the audience believes it. In fact, I even hear boos.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:08 PM
This is why they need more MMA style matches. This ref stoppage finish can work in the right circumstances. WWE have only ever found that instance once though - Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin. And Ken Shamrock, a UFC legend was who it was built around.

You're right. Under the right circumstances they can be awesome. This was just a non-finish because the WWE have booked themselves into a corner.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:09 PM
This was less of a match than an angle. There was no real wrestling in this bout.

Referee helps Michaels stand up, only for Randy Orton to RKO him. Michaels' wife Rebecca hits the ring crying, as officials and medics attend to Shawn.

In the realms of kayfabe, that referee should be fired for allowing Michaels to compete.

This brings back memories of the famous Michaels post-concussion collapse of 1995. They are treating this as "real as real can be", with sombre commentary and lots of "this is real" bait. Which, by the way, it isn't. And this isn't 1995, so nobody in the audience believes it. In fact, I even hear boos.

Back to my belief that Vince is out of touch. Only he still believes this shit works. They might be able to save this if they do something with the referee on RAW. Who was officiating, by the way?

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Marty Elias was the ref, right?

I'm both surprised and impressed that Punk-Burke got 16 minutes!

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Interview backstage with The Great Khali, and his new interpretor. I didn't know you could get a job as interpretor in "cretin".

Khali says Cena stands no chance tonight (which means he does), he has demolished Cena many times recently (meaning he will lose) and if Cena wants some, he can come get some (which he does and he will). The least inspiring WWE Championship match since Bret Hart hit the circuits defending against Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:11 PM

I think so.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:12 PM
It's The Hardy Boyz vs The Redneck Wrecking Crew next. Everytime Cade/Murdoch's music starts, it evokes memories of The Big Boss Man's music. I keep expecting to hear "if ya ever take a trip, down to Cobb County Georgia...".

I don't know why Michael Cole and JBL are commentating on the Raw World Tag Team Championship match. Matt Hardy is the only (flimsy) link to SmackDown in this Raw match, featuring Raw wrestlers, for a Raw title.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Lance Cade reminds me of a better conditioned Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine, in his earlier years.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:15 PM

I'm both surprised and impressed that Punk-Burke got 16 minutes!

I was thinking it might have been him. He's relatively new to the WWE, so I can see someone calling him out and talking about what a cockish call it was letting Shawn Michaels compete. They could give the dressing down role to "Rebecca Michaels", John Laurinatis, Linda McMahon, Jonathan Coachman or even Triple H. It'd make an interesting angle storyline-wise, as I don't think the referees get enough love.

It obviously can't lead to a Shawn Michaels vs. Marty Elias match, or anything, but I can picture a promo where Shawn Michaels returns and give Marty some Sweet Chin Music after abusing him on the mic a bit, coked-up HBK style.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:17 PM
It's The Hardy Boyz vs The Redneck Wrecking Crew next. Everytime Cade/Murdoch's music starts, it evokes memories of The Big Boss Man's music. I keep expecting to hear "if ya ever take a trip, down to Cobb County Georgia...".

I don't know why Michael Cole and JBL are commentating on the Raw World Tag Team Championship match. Matt Hardy is the only (flimsy) link to SmackDown in this Raw match, featuring Raw wrestlers, for a Raw title.

Methinks JR and King are getting too old and shitty to call PPV. Cade and Murdoch are getting some love now, so I glad for them. I've always thought Cade can be something, and Murdoch is deceptively good.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:20 PM
I would love to see Deuce & Domino traded for Cade & Murdoch, by the way. :y:

The World Tag Team Championship should theoretically be on the same brand as the World Heavyweight Championship, and Cade & Murdoch would be able to have some fun matches as tweeners on that brand. With some battles against London & Kendrick, Regal & Taylor as well as the new redneck team coming in, they could become a pretty great tag team over there.

Deuce & Domino seem more like a RAW team, and most of the teams there are babyfaces. Eugene & Hacksaw Jim Duggan, The Highlanders and Cryme Tyme.

I think the swap would be good for all involved.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Would not surprise me to see Cade and Murdoch take the titles tonight. It seems inevitable, much like MVP's eventual US title win (again, probably tonight).

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:21 PM
I guess Vince v Lashley is a lock for One Night Stand now. *sigh*

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:22 PM
I think they will take the belts. I mean, that's the only real reason for continuing the feud.

NeanderCarl
Murdoch is the weak link here, however. Would like to see Cade team with Finlay. Could be a great learning experience for Cade, and a credible tag team.

Mr. Nerfect
I guess Vince v Lashley is a lock for One Night Stand now. *sigh*

Let's just hope he doesn't waste the Hell in a Cell stipulation on himself, again.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:23 PM
I know a lot of people are anti-teams breaking up and feuding, but assuming they lose tonight, or whenever they inevitably drop the belts, I think a Lance Cade vs. Trevor Murdoch feud would be pretty cool.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:25 PM
After MVP wins the United States Title tonight, I hope he spits on the belt and chucks it aside, and brings in a new belt to represent the Championship. That would make my day.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Solid PPV so far.

I think MVP really needs to win tonight. He can't deserve another rematch if he loses.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm hoping we see Edge vs. Matt Hardy for the World Heavyweight Championship at One Night Stand, to be honest.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Jeff Hardy pins Cade with the swanton.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm hoping we see Edge vs. Matt Hardy for the World Heavyweight Championship at One Night Stand, to be honest.

First, the WWE need to decide weather to push Matt as a singles competitor or a tag team guy.

But having Edge-Matt at ONS would be great!

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Another handshake after the match. Interesting.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Solid PPV so far.

I think MVP really needs to win tonight. He can't deserve another rematch if he loses.

He will win tonight. Him losing at WrestleMania didn't surprise me, and I called him losing at Backlash. I can't really see him losing tonight.

Chris Benoit should win the first fall quickly, locking in the Crippler Crossface. MVP should tap to get Benoit off him, so that MVP can avoid any major damage from the move. The second fall would go to MVP via pinfall, probably with The Playmaker (sigh). Which gives us the final fall, with these guys going all out (MVP would have gone all out the previous fall as well), with a series of reversals, which leads to MVP rolling up Benoit for the pin.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:31 PM
So, One Night Stand looks like it's going to an all extreme rules PPV, least it seems that way. Interesting.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow, I was not expecting The Hardys to retain.

New plan: The Hardys vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team in a TLC Match for the World Tag Team Championship at One Night Stand. :drool:

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:33 PM
They might actually be trying to "MVP" Cade & Murdoch, by having them lose two Championship matches to The Hardys, and then going over them in the third, much like MVP probably will tonight.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Edge vs Batista is next.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:35 PM
This is stupid, the Edge-'Tista match should be the main event.

Especially as the Cena-Khali match will likely be rubbish, and is really just there to showcase Cena.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm thinking Edge retains via a Mark Henry interference, which keeps Batista busy for the next PPV and allows Edge to take on a fresh challenger.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Believe it or not, I think this match structure makes sense. Edge is going to beat Batista, which will not make the fans too happy. It's probably not a note to end the show on. John Cena vs. Khali will suck, don't get me wrong, but Cena winning has the "face" going over in the big match.

So the US Title gets priority over the World Heavyweight Title? Nice. I remember those belts used to mean something, so hopefully this is the start of a new trend.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I remember when the IC title used to be defended at PPVs.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm thinking Edge retains via a Mark Henry interference, which keeps Batista busy for the next PPV and allows Edge to take on a fresh challenger.

Potential matches for One Night Stand:

* Edge vs. Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship
* John Cena vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship
* Vince McMahon vs. Bobby Lashley for the ECW World Championship
* Batista vs. Mark Henry
* The Hardys vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team in a TLC Match for the World Tag Team Championship

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:43 PM
I remember when the IC title used to be defended at PPVs.

The title should really be strong enough to make IC Title matches in and of themselves draws for PPV. John Cena defending the WWE Championship and Santino Marella defending the Intercontinental Championship on the same night should be huge. Alas, not in today's WWE.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:43 PM
lol@Batista actually stopping and kicking the steps. :/

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Remember when Batista used to be cool, and we used to really like the guy as a collective whole? Those were the days.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:50 PM
How's the match looking?

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Edge wins with a bland old roll-up pin.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:51 PM
Edge wins via rollup.

Seems like they're going for a chicken shit pussy ass heel thing with Edge. So long as he gets a moderately long reign, I dont care.

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Why do I get the feeling they are going to prolong this feud between Edge and Batista? :(

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 09:54 PM
At least they were smart enough to give this match less time than Burke vs. Punk and The Hardys vs. Cade and Murdoch.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Diva segment. Meh.

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 09:56 PM
MVP vs Benoit next. Two out of three falls.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 09:57 PM
It'd be nice for someone to win 2-0 in a '2 out of 3 fall' match. Not that its gonna happen though.

The PPV has flown by so far.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Very good, even match so far.

KingofOldSchool
05-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Wow Edge/Batista isn't even the last Smackdown match on the card. :|

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 10:07 PM
MVP takes the first fall by pinfall.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 10:13 PM
MVP WINS...2 falls to zero!

Londoner
05-20-2007, 10:15 PM
MVP won 2-0? Strange. Also, fuck that bullshit@ the WHC not being last on the Smackdown card...they did this with WM to, are they trying to bury the title or what?

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Cena and Khali to go on for a half hour??

And only 2 weeks of build up for One Night Stand, yikes!

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Bit late, MVP won the title, 2 falls to none.

The One
05-20-2007, 10:21 PM
MVP won 2-0? Strange. Also, fuck that bullshit@ the WHC not being last on the Smackdown card...they did this with WM to, are they trying to bury the title or what?

Been saying it for some time now, the United States title could easily make claim to being the most honored championship not only on SmackDown but the entire WWE.

Londoner
05-20-2007, 10:30 PM
How's the cena/Khali match going?

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 10:31 PM
...it's plodding along.

Khali's on the offense, cutting off Cena's comebacks, until now...STFU locked on

Rammsteinmad
05-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh this is it! The perfect oppotunity to turn Cena heel etc etc.

spunkynut
05-20-2007, 10:33 PM
KHALI TAPS TO THE STFU! Wow.

As much as I dislike Cena, I would have prefered to see him FU Khali y'know.

Londoner
05-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Well that sucks. 25 mins left for the PPV, though they did have to cancel Orton/HBK.

KingofOldSchool
05-20-2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah an F-U would've been more impactful.

Skippord
05-20-2007, 10:37 PM
KHALI TAPS TO THE STFU! Wow.

As much as I dislike Cena, I would have prefered to see him FU Khali y'know.
LOL

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 10:39 PM
MVP going over Benoit 2-0 was a clever move. I mean, usually three falls is a given, so it was refreshing to see a change.

John Cena retaining against Khali was OK, I guess. Not really interested in either. And yes, the United States Championship is probably the most storied Championship the WWE has at its disposal. I'm so glad they put it above the World Heavyweight Championship for once.

They finished a bit damn early. Why they couldn't have had Deuce & Domino vs. London & Kendrick for the WWE Tag Team Championship to open the show, with London & Kendrick winning the Titles for a second straight Judgment Day, is beyond me. That would have been pretty cool.

KingofOldSchool
05-20-2007, 10:39 PM
DARKHALI taps to SUPERCENA

Mr. Nerfect
05-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm still hoping MVP busts out a swank new version of the United States Championship belt on SmackDown!.

KingofOldSchool
05-20-2007, 10:43 PM
They finished a bit damn early. Why they couldn't have had Deuce & Domino vs. London & Kendrick for the WWE Tag Team Championship to open the show, with London & Kendrick winning the Titles for a second straight Judgment Day, is beyond me. That would have been pretty cool.

You do realize that they never go a full three hours...

parkmania
05-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Was I the only one who noticed that Khali's foot was under the rope in the middle of the STFU? If WWE wants to drag out this feud, that'd be a good way to do it.

Evil Vito
05-20-2007, 11:01 PM
<font color=goldenrod>FUCK the TPWW main page says "Judgment Day results - New Champion!" only to open the link and see that they were talking about MVP, not Khali</font> :mad:

FourFifty
05-20-2007, 11:02 PM
Well, I ended up seeing Judgetement day, and I can sum up the best of it in one word..... BALLIN'!

NeanderCarl
05-20-2007, 11:14 PM
I wasn't all that impressed. Not worth the money really.

FourFifty
05-20-2007, 11:16 PM
It was at a friend's place for me, so I didn't pay for it :rofl:

Splaya
05-20-2007, 11:18 PM
FUCK the TPWW main page says "Judgment Day results - New Champion!" only to open the link and see that they were talking about MVP, not Khali :mad:

LOL

SammyG
05-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Raw tommorrow should be interesting.

Savio
05-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Khalis foot was under the rope

Mr. Nerfect
05-21-2007, 12:11 AM
You do realize that they never go a full three hours...

You do realise that they should.

Mr. Nerfect
05-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Raw tommorrow should be interesting.

Sarcasm? I get the feeling it will be a shit show. I can maybe see something good happening with Cade & Murdoch, though.

FourFifty
05-21-2007, 12:14 AM
SmackDown is gonna suuuuuck.
Well, I'll Tivo it for MVP and Edge, but aside from that I'm going to the movies.

Nark Order
05-21-2007, 12:21 AM
GREAT KHALI, FABULOUS HE. TAPPING TO CEEEEE-NA!!

Mr. Nerfect
05-21-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm only going to watch SmackDown! if the tapings make it sound good. They're building up their own programs, and since the WWE doesn't like their best show, they won't get a chance to blow them off on PPV, so you might see a few great matches taking place over there for the next few weeks.

FourFifty
05-21-2007, 12:44 AM
In honor of MVP winning the US title I'm repping people at random.

BALLIN'!

Anybody Thrilla
05-21-2007, 12:54 AM
I thought it was a pretty good show. Hardyz vs. Cade/Murdoch was quite a nice little treat.

D Mac
05-21-2007, 01:56 AM
Just got back. Pretty dissapointed. Especially because one of the ring lights was shining right in my face. Benoit/MVP, Bats/Edge and HBK/Orton matches were pretty dissapointing. Oh Well I got a few good pictures and even a couple of vids.

D Mac
05-21-2007, 02:04 AM
Plus when we were driving back, I saw Eugene and Orton right next to me and Orton waved and motioned to me asking if I would let them in. I did and Eugene gave me this Hacksaw Jim Duggan face with his tongue sticking out as they drove by. :lol:

IC Champion
05-21-2007, 02:06 AM
Ballin BABY

D Mac
05-21-2007, 02:41 AM
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7913/dscf0392so7.jpg

D Mac
05-21-2007, 02:44 AM
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/1851/dscf0441gy2.jpg

D Mac
05-21-2007, 02:46 AM
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8444/dscf0338sr9.jpg

Pretty much the view I had. Only with a ring light shining right in my face. :mad:

Skippord
05-21-2007, 03:02 AM
Edge's new pyro is ridiculous

Lara Emily
05-21-2007, 03:17 AM
Note to rest of the WWE watch Benoit to lean how to sell an injured body part.

Lara Emily
05-21-2007, 03:21 AM
BTW they so booked Cena's match wrong it's not even funny.

Anybody Thrilla
05-21-2007, 04:01 AM
What would you have done?

Maluco
05-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Well, I know that not many people like Khali, but after all the months of building him up, he was killed off, and for what? The way it was done would have been of no benefit to Cena.

A lengthy brawl, masking Khali's (and Cena's) obvious failings, using the announce table, having Khali beat Cena down outside the ring, choke him out with the cables and all of that, would have been the way to go, returning to the ring and having a few Cena flurries before Khali just powers out. Have Khali charge for the kill, use the momentum for Cena to nail an FU and it makes him look resilient, but that he has had a battle against a true giant and won, makes him look like gold, but Khali does not lose any credibility.

Having a quick match with Khali tapping out, makes Khali look like a massive pussy and an easy-ish night for Cena does nothing for him.

Also, I HATE the STFU in general.

Maluco
05-21-2007, 10:08 AM
As for the other matches, Edge gets a sneaky, but more-or-less clean win, good. MVP gets a 2-0 over Benoit, but because of the previous Benoit wins and the match injury, it benefits MVP, and Benoit does not lose that much credibility.

Micheals-Orton is more horrible booking, should have had Micheals come out and Orton beaten him clean, how was it going to hurt Micheals when everyone "knew" he was not fit to complete. Orton still looks like a joke, because he was nearly beaten by a semi-concious man, terrible.

Hardy's - Cade/Murdoch can hopefully lead to a rebuilding of the tag division, but probably not. Sadly, Hardy's will win for a while and the lazy bookers will give it the MVP treatment, with Cade/Murdoch winning the belts on the 'last' attempt, and they will probably disband the Hardy's after, having them wander aimlessly on the midcard. (not that they necessarily deserve anymore)

Lara Emily
05-22-2007, 02:45 AM
They should have had Cena rope-a-dope Khali, basically causing him to tire out, and they definitely should have gone with an FU finish not an STFU finish. It was just another Cena match where he gets his ass kicked for 15 minutes and then comes back and wins in 30 seconds.

It's retarded, they are trying to book him like a mix of Rey Mysterio Jr and Hulk Hogan.

Londoner
05-22-2007, 04:19 AM
Note to rest of the WWE watch Benoit to lean how to sell an injured body part.

*Cough*Cena*Cough*