PDA

View Full Version : Hassan'd in the Old Days

Theo Dious
05-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Back in the days when most promos were done backstage in front of nice backdrops, and rarely in the ring, and before the sound guys were used by rude wrestlers to interrupt in-ring promos, there were still a lot of good theme songs that could have become trademarks for stopping a ranting wrestler dead in his tracks. I don't really remember a lot of this happening back then; I know that the Ultimate Warrior's WM8 run-in was heralded by his music, but not really much else.

For example, could you imagine Hulk Hogan in the midst of an in-ring rant, suddenly cut in on by the biting laughter of Ted DiBiase's theme? And, Christ, Tatanka's theme song opening wasn't terribly different from Hassan's, it could easily have gotten the same reputation back when.

So, yeah, name a few old-days theme songs that could have had us interrupting each other's posts if the internet had been around.

Crossrine
05-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Taz in ECW theme song always interrupted promos. But I dont know how we would type that out..

Theo Dious
05-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Yeah, the "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" of DiBiase's or the "AI-YI-YI-YI-YI-YI YI YI YI!" of Tatanka's is easily translated.

Arnold HamNegger
05-25-2007, 01:05 PM
OH, YOU DIDN'T KNOW? YOUR ASS BETTER CALL SOMEBODY!!!!

Hanso Amore
05-25-2007, 01:24 PM
AMMMMMMEEEEEEERRRRRIIIICCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN DRRRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAMMMMMMM!

Savio
05-25-2007, 01:52 PM
STAY IN THE BACK!

Kane Knight
05-25-2007, 02:42 PM
I know this is a tangent, but now I'm picturing Hassan backstage, singing his own promo because there's no Titantron.

John Cena: The Champ is...

ALLLLEYAAAAAA

Cena: Damn, man, pick a key or something.

Crossrine
05-25-2007, 09:46 PM
You know the beginning of his song means "The Night" but the music just elongates the word. It's a well known song across middle east

Batsu
05-26-2007, 02:50 AM
I know this is a tangent, but now I'm picturing Hassan backstage, singing his own promo because there's no Titantron.

John Cena: The Champ is...

ALLLLEYAAAAAA

Cena: Damn, man, pick a key or something.

Ah ha ha ha ha @ singing his own theme music.
That would be hilarious. Or if Daivari did it for him.

Drakul
05-26-2007, 02:56 AM
You know the beginning of his song means "The Night" but the music just elongates the word. It's a well known song across middle east
Hassans theme always sounded like "Alien! Alien! Aliiiiieeeeen Aliiieeenn!!" as in Illegal Alien maybe subliminally telling the crowd that he wasn't American and should be booed. Even though he was American.

Kane Knight
05-26-2007, 08:21 AM
No, no, he's clearly saying "Allah," but stretching out the words. By doing so, he's reenforcing that he's no Christian, and thus, unlike us.

Crossrine
05-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Your kidding right?

Kane Knight
05-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Your kidding right?If you have to ask, the odds are good on "yes."