PDA

View Full Version : MGS4: Guns of the Patriots going to 360 in 08 w/ Extra Content (Update:Possible Hoax)

Xero
05-28-2007, 04:41 PM
I have been waiting for many months to finally say this, and today is the day. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots will not be a PS3 exclusive after all. It has been confirmed that it will make its way to the Xbox 360 in 2008.

There is no true date set for the release at this point, but November of 2008 has been mentioned. This is not set in stone as Konami is working with Microsoft to bring the date forward as much as possible. MGS4 for the 360 will also come with exclusive content and gameplay that will not be in the PS3 version of the game. Some of this content is VR missions, as well as "Snake Tales" or "Snake in the Valley" (depending on where you live), which will let you go on objective based missions, some of which are very lengthy. These are the first two bonuses to emerge so far, but be ready to expect even more.

Full story: http://www.destructoid.com/mgs4-is-coming-to-the-xbox-360--31775.phtml

Now I'm 100% glad I passed on the PS3.

Disturbed316
05-28-2007, 04:53 PM
:cool:

St. Jimmy
05-28-2007, 04:55 PM
360 still sucks a big one.

Disturbed316
05-28-2007, 05:05 PM
How so St. Jimmy?

Xero
05-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Looks like Microsoft is trying to destroy Sony with not only taking 1-2+ year exclusives (MGS, GTA) but also adding content onto the games.

If Microsoft gets FF13 Sony is pretty much fucked. The 360 is cheaper, has the better online service (from what I've heard), has more content for the multi-platform games among other things. Only the hardcore fanboys would be retarded enough to side with Sony from a game standpoint.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-28-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm still not believing this:

A comment from that page:

"IGN.com - March 5, 2003
At the end of 2001, one of the biggest titles to be released for any of the current generation consoles was Metal Gear Solid 2. As the follow up to the blockbuster smash hit PSX title Metal Gear Solid, it went on to sell extremely well and be played by many PS2 fans. However, sole owners of GameCube and Xbox would have to do without it. Fortunately, Konami wasn't completely blind to the fact that more gamers deserved to play the epic title, and it released Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for the Xbox a year later in November 2002. This came with new content additions including VR missions and other bonus gameplay like Snake Tales, which lets you go on more objective-based missions -- some quite lengthy. So, there's no question that Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance comes packed with more content than the original MGS2 on PS2.

This Topic - May 27, 2007
At the end of 2007, one of the biggest titles to be released for any of the current generation consoles is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. As the follow up to the blockbuster smash hit PS2 title Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, it will problably sell extremely well and be played by many PS3 fans. However, sole owners of Wii and Xbox 360 would have to do without it. Fortunately, Konami isn?t completely blind to the fact that more gamers deserve to play this epic title, and it is now confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Xbox 360 will launch a year later in November 2008. It will come with new content additions including VR missions and other bonus gameplay like Snake Tales, which lets you go on more objective-based missions -- some quite lengthy. So, there's no question that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Xbox 360 comes packed with more content than the original PS3-version.

Make your own conclusion."

Using the same wording as an IGN article on MGS2? Seems fishy. Still, I REALLY hope it does go 360 though.

Xero
05-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah, just reread the article and some of the comments.

Either way, I still fully expect it anyway.

ClockShot
05-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Heh heh heh.

Wonder how long I should wait till I tell my brother this bit of bad news.

G
05-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Most of us knew this a looooong time ago.

Splaya
05-28-2007, 05:52 PM
HAHA, So lets see.

Final Fantasy is going to other systems.

It's rumored Kingdom Hearts will not just be solely for the PS3

And now Metal Gear Solid is not exclusive to the PS3.

Sony is FUCKED

#BROKEN Hasney
05-28-2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah, just reread the article and some of the comments.

Either way, I still fully expect it anyway.

Same here, eventually. I just think this sites current post is BS.

alvarado52
05-28-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm still not believing this:

A comment from that page:

"IGN.com - March 5, 2003
At the end of 2001, one of the biggest titles to be released for any of the current generation consoles was Metal Gear Solid 2. As the follow up to the blockbuster smash hit PSX title Metal Gear Solid, it went on to sell extremely well and be played by many PS2 fans. However, sole owners of GameCube and Xbox would have to do without it. Fortunately, Konami wasn't completely blind to the fact that more gamers deserved to play the epic title, and it released Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance for the Xbox a year later in November 2002. This came with new content additions including VR missions and other bonus gameplay like Snake Tales, which lets you go on more objective-based missions -- some quite lengthy. So, there's no question that Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance comes packed with more content than the original MGS2 on PS2.

This Topic - May 27, 2007
At the end of 2007, one of the biggest titles to be released for any of the current generation consoles is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. As the follow up to the blockbuster smash hit PS2 title Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, it will problably sell extremely well and be played by many PS3 fans. However, sole owners of Wii and Xbox 360 would have to do without it. Fortunately, Konami isn?t completely blind to the fact that more gamers deserve to play this epic title, and it is now confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Xbox 360 will launch a year later in November 2008. It will come with new content additions including VR missions and other bonus gameplay like Snake Tales, which lets you go on more objective-based missions -- some quite lengthy. So, there's no question that Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the Xbox 360 comes packed with more content than the original PS3-version.

Make your own conclusion."

Using the same wording as an IGN article on MGS2? Seems fishy. Still, I REALLY hope it does go 360 though.

AND I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT TO IF IT WERENT FOR YOU MEDDLING KIDS!

*good detective work*

UmbrellaCorporation
05-28-2007, 06:51 PM
I have to admit, the 360 would be the best console I have ever owned, if not for the fucking awful hardware.

darkpower
05-28-2007, 10:07 PM
HAHA, So lets see.

Final Fantasy is going to other systems.

It's rumored Kingdom Hearts will not just be solely for the PS3

And now Metal Gear Solid is not exclusive to the PS3.

Sony is FUCKED

To answer all of those in a way, though (not trying to be fanboyish or anything):

FF has BEEN going to other systems (GBA, Gamecube, PC, 360) for months/years now, so there is no surprise there.

When was KH going to be coming out with another game PERIOD, let alone on any other system yet. Plus remember Chain Of Memories on GBA, as well. But when was KH3 even announced yet (I know they were THINKING about it, but not heard anything official yet)?

To the last, it was already covered elsewhere in this topic.

Kane Knight
05-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I have to admit, the 360 would be the best console I have ever owned, if not for the fucking awful hardware.

I just about agree.

Extreme Angle
05-29-2007, 04:21 AM
thank god I didn't trade my 360 for one

Y2Ant
05-29-2007, 10:05 AM
MGS4 would probably be the only game that would make me buy a PS3 just to play that and nothing else, so if it's going to 360 then I am happy in the pants.

Jerichoholic
05-30-2007, 12:48 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=4375

Hideo Kojima saying it will remain a PS3 exclusive.

Boomer
05-30-2007, 12:52 AM
That article was posted in April...but we will see. I won't believe it until I see IGN or Gamespot run a story.

What Would Kevin Do?
05-30-2007, 01:38 AM
So much hate for the PS3. It's silly really.

G
05-30-2007, 12:21 PM
it's NOT staying exclusive. why would he want to miss out on millions, MILLIONS of more $ keeping it on PS3. :wtf:

St. Jimmy
05-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Because Kojima doesn't give a fuck about America. Kojima's bread and butter is the Japs. Konami is the only person with a possible loss over here, Kojima gets paid no matter what - and he has creative/marketing control.

St. Jimmy
05-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Also, on 360, the game would be like 2-3 DVD's. The game is supposed to Max Out a Blu-Ray.

G
05-30-2007, 12:40 PM
lol ok. this is coming to 360. quote this post in 1 year.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Because Kojima doesn't give a fuck about America. Kojima's bread and butter is the Japs. Konami is the only person with a possible loss over here, Kojima gets paid no matter what - and he has creative/marketing control.

No. Basically, MGS sells WAAAYYYY more in the US than Japan. Hell, America even got 2 and 3 before Japan did. By an entire month in the case of 3.

I think it's just that Japanese loyalty thing going on with Kojima. If he wasn't against it, it would be a same day release, just like Silent Hill 5.

It is going to come, it's just a case of when.

St. Jimmy
05-30-2007, 02:53 PM
If the game bombs, Kojima still gets paid. End of story.

G
05-30-2007, 03:00 PM
well we are not talking about Kojima's bank account. :p

St. Jimmy
05-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Although I'd love to have his bank account. That'll buy alot of FWIEDDDDDDDDD WICE.

DS
05-30-2007, 03:24 PM
well we are not talking about Kojima's bank account. :p
it's NOT staying exclusive. why would he want to miss out on millions, MILLIONS of more $ keeping it on PS3. :wtf:
:p

I am hoping it comes to the 360 only because I want to play it more than any game coming out, besides GTA IV. But if it doesn't then it will just give me a must have when I get a PS3 down the road.

G
05-30-2007, 03:28 PM
that was sooooo 3 hours ago :roll:

Kane Knight
05-30-2007, 03:28 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=4375

Hideo Kojima saying it will remain a PS3 exclusive.

I read the original Kotaku comment, and he very diplomatically ckirted actually saying that.

In other words, it's a case of stupid people taking a comment and reading too much into it in a fashion that best suits them.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-30-2007, 05:32 PM
I read the original Kotaku comment, and he very diplomatically ckirted actually saying that.

In other words, it's a case of stupid people taking a comment and reading too much into it in a fashion that best suits them.

Yeah, the way it was worded originally had 360 fanboys running around saying it was coming and PS3 fanboys yelling that it's never going over. Clever bastard.

If it was never going to come, he would have flat out said so. My thinking is that Sony have paid the cash for a time limit exclusive, like they used to have on the GTA games, so they cannot formally announce it's coming to the 360 at this time.

You don't think BillyG isn't going to open his cheque book for this one, do you? Hell, it's been insinuated that MS paid cash to get VF5 to cover porting costs and it will be the more balanced C revision. They knew they couldn't compete with Sony head on the first time so they went for a hardcore fanbase, got a few followers and hit early with the 360. It seems to have paid off so far, but neither of them were counting on just how popular the Wii would be.

Anyways, I thing MS will beat out Sony this generation which will either make Sony pull the plug (The current chairman doesn't like the video game arm, he's even cut funding a couple of times) or come out with something spectacular and well thought out for PS4.

As for the Wii.... I think it's first or last. There will be no inbetween and it's already dividing people who have owned one. It's had a great start and I know I will enjoy Nintendos games as I always do, but will it keep your average Joe entertained for the next 5 years? That I'm still unsure on....

Kane Knight
05-30-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm hoping Sony loses only so they rethink their strategy. I don't want to see the future of gaming costing around a grand, which is the direction things are turning if we keep putting in the biggest and badest tech into our systems. If Wii and 360 are successful, it'll send a message that the hottest hardware isn't always a winner.

Which we should already know.

But then, I'm pretty sure Sony doesn't learn. If they did, there'd be no "Blu Ray" to compete with HD DVD, or jack up the prices of the PS3. Because they'd say "Hey, every time we push for a new format, it fails, and usually helps to tank everything with push with it."

There you have it: My only vested interest in who "wins" or "loses" this generation.

Kane Knight
05-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Or it could be they saw Apple do everything like this with the iPod, and thought they could, too.

Silent
05-31-2007, 12:23 AM
Bummer if this ends up happening (for PS3 only owners), but not the end of the world.

I don't really regret buying a PS3, I've had some good times on a few games, and I am excited for some titles like Warhawk, Lair, Uncharted, etc.

But I mostly use the PS3 as a movie player, and with the recent firmware update, it scales DVDs and PS2/PSX games up to 1080p, and makes them look really incredible. That's enough for me to be happy with the purchase, since I use it as a movie player 90% of the time anyway.

Xero
05-31-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm hoping Sony loses only so they rethink their strategy. I don't want to see the future of gaming costing around a grand, which is the direction things are turning if we keep putting in the biggest and badest tech into our systems. If Wii and 360 are successful, it'll send a message that the hottest hardware isn't always a winner.

Which we should already know.

But then, I'm pretty sure Sony doesn't learn. If they did, there'd be no "Blu Ray" to compete with HD DVD, or jack up the prices of the PS3. Because they'd say "Hey, every time we push for a new format, it fails, and usually helps to tank everything with push with it."

There you have it: My only vested interest in who "wins" or "loses" this generation.
I'm not disagreeing, but wasn't the PS2 the first video game system to use the DVD format?

In fact, I'm probably wrong here but weren't they the first to do a CD format? If you count when they were working with Nintendo I mean.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-31-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm not disagreeing, but wasn't the PS2 the first video game system to use the DVD format?

In fact, I'm probably wrong here but weren't they the first to do a CD format? If you count when they were working with Nintendo I mean.

PS2 was the first system released with DVD yes.

As for CD, Sega CD was out before then, but I think there was a CD-Rom console out even before then but I just can quite remember the name.

EDIT: PC-Engine CD... Back in 1988

D Mac
05-31-2007, 02:46 PM
PS3 sucks

Kane Knight
05-31-2007, 02:59 PM

Point. Missed.

These weren't new formats.

That aside, you're right on one count. But again, you're arguing something different, like if I had said "Broccoli is good for you" and you responded with "But doesn't it taste bad?"

The PS3 is pushing new, proprietary technology, not just being the first to use the discs as a drive. The PS2 and PS were both using established technology in a "new" way.

Kane Knight
05-31-2007, 03:01 PM
PS2 was the first system released with DVD yes.

As for CD, Sega CD was out before then, but I think there was a CD-Rom console out even before then but I just can quite remember the name.

EDIT: PC-Engine CD... Back in 1988

Don't forget the CD-i...That was like 1990, wasn't it?

Smitty
05-31-2007, 03:06 PM
FUCK. This was such a dick tease