D Mac
06-01-2007, 01:17 AM
God I miss football. :(

James Steele
06-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Amen

Kris P Lettus
06-01-2007, 12:09 PM
MMA is just as entertaining as NFL.. Don't get me wrong, I am a die hard Saints fan, as you know, but MMA goes all year round.. I can watch MMA fights on tv or the internet anytime I want.. Can't say that for football..

Also, with the "mainstream" coverage that UFC is getting lately from places like ESPN and SI, I wouldn't start getting your panties in a bunch right when this "explotion" is on the ground floor.. Maybe, since you're obviously a wrestling fan (lol) you should watch some UFC and see what all the hype is about.. That is, if you like fighting that is, you know, not staged..

D Mac
06-01-2007, 12:21 PM
I have no interest in the NBA anymore.

Kris P Lettus
06-01-2007, 12:25 PM
I watch during the playoffs and that's it..

I've been trying to get into baseball but it just really not my thing..

MMA is the best alternative to watching any other sport during the football offseason..

Kris P Lettus
06-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Golf is ok to lay around on the couch and watch on Sunday afternoon..

Stickman
06-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Golf is ok to lay around on the couch and watch on Sunday afternoon..

Did I just read the word "golf"?

Stickman
06-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Watch the Stanley Cup finals....oh wait, you're American so you probably don't get that channel.

Stickman
06-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Back on topic. MMA is awesome, that's why there's a lot of threads on it.

D Mac
06-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Watch the Stanley Cup finals....oh wait, you're American so you probably don't get that channel.

Wake me up when it's over.

Stickman
06-01-2007, 02:31 PM
Wake up, Aneheim pretty much has it in the bag.

D Mac
06-01-2007, 02:36 PM
That's cool for our side, i guess.

Kris P Lettus
06-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Did I just read the word "golf"?

Yes, it is prolly the most played "sport" by average people of all ages..

Stickman
06-01-2007, 03:18 PM
that's soccer.

James Steele
06-01-2007, 05:43 PM
I watch MMA and I just don't think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Its all opinion though.

James Steele
06-01-2007, 05:46 PM
that's soccer.

How many 60+ year old guys play soccor?

Stickman
06-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Touche.

I just know golf is probably the worst sport to watch.

James Steele
06-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Touche.

I just know golf is probably the worst sport to watch.

It is a toss-up between golf and baseball.

Stickman
06-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Playoff baseball can be good sometimes.

Honestly, i'd prefer to watch baseball over NBA...and I hate baseball.

Jordan
06-01-2007, 07:02 PM
UFC is SPORT

Crimson
06-01-2007, 07:14 PM
My new revised top sports for me
Football
UFC
a distant 3rd..basketball
and only watch when it's playoffs..baseball

Crimson
06-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Wonder who ESPN's UFC 'expert' will be? you know the insider, and guy who's at the events. Trigg anyone?

McLegend
06-01-2007, 08:11 PM
They will probably just use Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan for the analysts stuff or whoever would be calling the PPVs at the time.

Rob
06-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Aside from Man United obviously, I'd watch UFC before any club match. Scotland is another story.

Kris P Lettus
06-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Fuck a Twinkletoes..

Get Bas Rutten..

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-02-2007, 12:48 AM
MMA is cool but I'm not that into like a lot of other people. I like checking out the big fights, kinda the sameway I was with boxing before that started to suck balls.

I am more interested to see how the sport is going to evolve and how different media outlets are going to cover it (ESPN mostly) I mean with boxing, every so often there is a huge bout that gets a lot of coverage on SportsCenter, PTI, Around the Horn etc but then outside of a few random bouts on "Friday Night Fights" nothing else is ever really mentioned about the sport. For MMA, I see the samething happening with the big bouts with all the extra coverage and everything but I wonder how other stuff is going to be handled. Like are they ever going to show random MMA matches on ESPN? I don't even know how they would do it though since for the boxing matches its just from some random hall somewhere (they used to have it at some nightclub my brother worked at all the time) I can't see that happening with MMA tho since it seems most are only interested in the UFC.

Another thing I just thought about was how ESPN could possibly be interested in shelling out the dough for UFC if it continues to gain more and more interest. One issue I could see arising from that though would be that ESPN would probably want to put UFC on during a primetime spot and that might upset some potential sposnors since they might not want to be associated with the violence. Now you could argue its the same amount of violence as boxing, which is true, but boxing on ESPN isn't shown during prime hours (Where as I would think UFC would have to be so ESPN could make a return on their investment. I don't know for sure but I highly doubt ESPN pays much for a random light heavyweight boxing match taking place from the Roxy Night Club)

For some reason the whole UFC thing really interests me. As far as I know, for boxing there isn't like a "league" or anything like that, I mean I know there is different belts out there (think I heard there is something like 4 different heavyweight champions right now?) but pretty much boxing is an individual thing. With MMA it seems like you are apart of league with its own belts and its own style (some having rings, cages etc) and I wonder if it'll stay that way or maybe become more unverisal down the line.

Sorry for writing an essay but I felt like touching on a few things that I haven't seen mentioned before on here

Super V
06-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Hopefully it doesn't get too popular though tbh. I see it turning into boxing if it does with the fixed fights, people taking dives for money, etc.

The Naitch
06-05-2007, 12:27 AM
UFC is to us today what WWF was to us back in 1997-2000 (when the Attitude Era made wrestling cool again)

Rob
06-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Nah it's more than that.

James Steele
06-06-2007, 05:06 PM
MMA IS LIKE FINE ART!!1