PDA

View Full Version : Steiners vs Team 3D

D Mac
06-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I know it's TNA but this could be a great feud between 2 legend teams.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2007, 01:59 PM
It'd be cool if it were like '93 Steiners vs. '98 Dudleyz, but I dunno if TNA has that kind of power.

BigDaddyCool
06-01-2007, 02:00 PM
How are the Dudley's a legend of a tag team. Now Steiners v LoD, now that is a match.

D Mac
06-01-2007, 02:02 PM
How are the Dudley's a legend of a tag team. Now Steiners v LoD, now that is a match.

from wikipedia

Championship and accomplishments

* All Japan Pro Wrestling
o AJPW World's Strongest Tag Team League (2005)
* Extreme Championship Wrestling
o ECW Tag Team Championship (8 times)
* World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment
o WCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time)- Won during the WCW Invasion storyline.
o WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)
o World Tag Team Championship (8 times)
* HUSTLE
o HUSTLE Super Tag Team Championship (1 time, current)
* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
o PWI Match of the Year award in 2000 – vs. Edge and Christian and The Hardy Boyz (Triangle ladder match, WrestleMania 2000)
o PWI Tag Team of the Year award in 2001
o PWI Match of the Year award in 2001 – vs. Edge and Christian and The Hardy Boyz (TLC II, WrestleMania X-Seven)
* Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
o NWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)
o TNA World Tag Team Championship (1 time, current)
o TNA Tag Team of the Year award in 2005

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2007, 02:04 PM
*yawn*

D Mac
06-01-2007, 02:05 PM
They just rule ok! :mad:

"Oh my brother, TESTIFY!"

Ok so that has gotten a little old. :shifty:

chrisat928
06-01-2007, 02:36 PM
92-94 Steiners vs 97-99 Dudley Boyz would be awesome.
2007 Steiners vs 2007 Team 3D: the very definition of craptacular.

Rammsteinmad
06-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Can Rick Steiner still wrestle?

KayfabeMan
06-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I still want to see the teams work against each other.

Hopefully they step it up a notch and we get some good bouts.

Also, would be nice to see any combo of these teams and the NAO and The Bashams. Being someone who loves tag team wrestling, I support any chance to see some tag wrestling. Also, The Dudleys should be considered modern day legend material.

IC Champion
06-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Alls I know is its gonna be a battle of of two Stiff working teams, should be brutal physically and to watch.

Shaggy
06-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I loved the promo they did on TNA a week or two ago...where it was the Steiners and Team 3D in the ring.....

Where the Steiners were telling the Dudleys they werent legends and then went on to name all the legendary tag teams they have defeated.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Who did they name?

D Mac
06-01-2007, 03:46 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CRvu82TMnBw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CRvu82TMnBw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The One
06-01-2007, 03:49 PM
The Dudleyz aren't a legendary tag team. That's like saying Shane Douglas is a legendary singles wrestler or Jeff Jarrett is an industry Icon. Are they good? Yeah. Have they done a lot? Yeah. But there is nothing, and I mean NOTHING legendary about them. No legends are born in the Impact Zone, and no legends are born in a Bingo Hall. Fact.

D Mac
06-01-2007, 03:50 PM
AHEM

World Tag Team Championship (8 times)

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Scott Steiner is dumb as shit.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2007, 03:54 PM
That list thing was pretty funny though.

IC Champion
06-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Legends in their own minds.

The One
06-01-2007, 03:58 PM
AHEM

World Tag Team Championship (8 times)

In ECW they made a name by talking shit...ohhhhhh!

In WWE they made a name by mooching off of Edge & Christian and the Hardys chemistry and success...wow!

In TNA they made a name by assuming that having a history of trash talking and mooching off of more talented people was something special.

The Dudleys are one of, if not the single most over rated Tag Teams of all time. Bubba is decent at best on the stick, Devon sucks. Their chemistry together is good, but they in ring ability is horrific. They aren't qualified to lace up the Steiner's boots...and this is coming from someone who thinks the Steiners are one of the most artificially made "legends" in history.

IC Champion
06-01-2007, 03:58 PM
Dudley Boyz are the skrait goods though

D Mac
06-01-2007, 04:00 PM
In ECW they made a name by talking shit...ohhhhhh!

In WWE they made a name by mooching off of Edge & Christian and the Hardys chemistry and success...wow!

In TNA they made a name by assuming that having a history of trash talking and mooching off of more talented people was something special.

The Dudleys are one of, if not the single most over rated Tag Teams of all time. Bubba is decent at best on the stick, Devon sucks. Their chemistry together is good, but they in ring ability is horrific. They aren't qualified to lace up the Steiner's boots...and this is coming from someone who thinks the Steiners are one of the most artificially made "legends" in history.

I'd make a joke saying they're better then the New Age Outlaws, but you'd take it too seriously. :p

The One
06-01-2007, 04:01 PM
IC, what the fuck?! Are you some retard from the south or something?

Not for your opinion of the Dudleyz, fine whatever, but why on God's Green Earth are you using the word Skrait?

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2007, 04:01 PM
New Age Outlaws talked a lot of shit.

IC Champion
06-01-2007, 04:02 PM
it was sarcasm, doesnt work well on messages boards:-\

IC Champion
06-01-2007, 04:03 PM
And "Skrait" is how the dark skins pronounce "Straight" in my neighborhood.

The One
06-01-2007, 04:05 PM
I'd make a joke saying they're better then the New Age Outlaws, but you'd take it too seriously. :p

I would take it serious, however I can't hold you back from your opinion. In my opinion (this is coming from the same guy who praises JBL and Nash mind you) the New Age Outlaws are the best tag team of all time. My opinion.

Also in my opinion, you could take the entire career of the Dudley Boys, put Steve Lombardi and Rodney Mack (first useless white and black guy I could think of) in place of Bubba and Devon and it would have come out just as well if not better.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2007, 04:05 PM
I knew what Instant Classic was shooting for there.

IC Champion
06-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Nash should be praised and worshiped by all

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Say what you will about Rodney Mack, but to call Steve Lombardi useless is just ridiculous. He made EVERYBODY look good.

The One
06-01-2007, 04:07 PM
New Age Outlaws talked a lot of shit.

...so has every worker in history. My point is The Dudleys, but some magically freak chance of nature, somehow got over telling people they suck dick. Gee, I wonder if the fact that Paul let them say whatever they wanted kinda helped in them getting heel heat.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2007, 04:12 PM
If the Outlaws were allowed to say that, they probably would have too. I always thought ECW was cheap in the sense that they could literally do anything, and they DID do anything, but it would never amount to shit on a national scale. They were manufactured to stay underground, it seemed. But I mean, if that's your image, it'd be foolish not to milk it.

I'm just trying to make a discussion out of this, I think The Dudleyz kinda blow.

D Mac
06-01-2007, 04:13 PM
Remember when the Dudleys were thought to have joined Right To Censor? Buh Buh said, "If putting people through tables is wrong, then I don't wanna be right!" and put Steven Richards through one. The crowd went fucking apeshit and I marked the fuck out.

Anybody Thrilla
06-01-2007, 04:28 PM
No, I don't remember that. Thank God.

BigDaddyCool
06-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Remember when the Dudleys were thought to have joined Right To Censor? Buh Buh said, "If putting people through tables is wrong, then I don't wanna be right!" and put Steven Richards through one. The crowd went fucking apeshit and I marked the fuck out.

Oh, they go over by putting people through tables? Yeah that takes talent. Most of ECW's workers did that, the Dudleys were just the first to do in on WWE.

KayfabeMan
06-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Throwing up a hand signal and using a generic finish takes talent too.

D Mac
06-01-2007, 07:17 PM
:mad:

KingofOldSchool
06-01-2007, 07:35 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CRvu82TMnBw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CRvu82TMnBw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ROFL Scott Steiner

The One
06-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I just can't help it, I never grow tired of Scott Steiner. LMAO.

McLegend
06-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Throwing up a hand signal and using a generic finish takes talent too.
LOL tremendous

6to1
06-01-2007, 09:01 PM
I just can't help it, I never grow tired of Scott Steiner. LMAO.
yea scott kicks ass on the mic, the only time i did not like him was his last wwe run, why was he not trips bodyguard he would have kicked ass.

The One
06-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Steiner as a face is just terrible. I have no idea what WWE was thinking bringing him in as a face... :-\

Dorkchop
06-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Steiner has cut some shit promos, but I loved that one.

I wouldn't say the Dudleys are legendary right now. If they actually do something in TNA, then maybe, yes, 10 years from when they're done they canbe considered legendary.

Jesus Shuttlesworth
06-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Dudley Boys where the shit in ECW but who gives a fuck about wrestling legacy?

The One
06-01-2007, 09:38 PM
They could become Gods in TNA, that don't mean shit for legends. Let's reviews...

Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, AMW. The undisputed leading men of each of their divisions, not a legend amoung them. Face it, 3D's biggest shot at actually becoming legends was in WWE, were yes they had a long run as a team and won a lot of belts, but ultimately were nothing more than third fiddle in the TLC Series, and the left overs from the years that fallowed.

Rammsteinmad
06-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Whats with all this hatred for the Dudleys? I've always liked them. Not really a "fan" but I mean I've always been entertained by their work. They've put on some pretty solid matches... they can work a crowd... they've won enough titles.

I'd consider them a legendary tag team. :y:

Rammsteinmad
06-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Also I've met them on three occasions and (even though each time Bubba rarely does much) D-Von has always been really nice and has always had that tone in his voice as though he really appreciates every fan.

Just wanted to add that.

D Mac
06-02-2007, 01:00 PM
:y:

The One
06-02-2007, 01:07 PM
He could be a nice as a box of kittens, doesn't mean he's part of a legendary tag team. And for the record, I don't hate the Dudleys, infact I've even marked out for them before, but they are in no way shape or form a legendary tag team.

I also like and have marked out for Jeff Jarrett, certainly he's won a TON of titles, not to mention being the in the top 5 men ever as far as number of World Titles reigns he's had. He got the biggest heel heat of the promotion he works for, and has worked everything from USWA to WCW to WWE to NWA to TNA. Yet are people rushing to call him a legend? Seriously, the only things I heard about why the Dudleys should be called legendary are things that could easily apply to Jeff Jarrett. So if the Dudleys are a legendary tag team, Jeff Jarrett is a legendary singles worker.

Take your pick.

The One
06-02-2007, 01:19 PM
And for the record, my favorite and in my opinion the best tag team of all time New Age Outlaws, they, like the Steiners, would BARELY qualify as legendary. Infact, there is a solid argument to be made that neither of them are legends.

Legendary teams are teams like Road Warriors, Midnight Express, Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Freebirds, and if you're looking for modern day teams; Edge & Christian, Outsiders, amoung others. A legend is someone who serves as a measuring stick of other workers. The Dudleys simply aren't legends because they've never been the top team. Like I said earlier, at their peak, they were third fiddle to E&C and the Hardys. And while they were the measuring bar of ECW, nobody cares about the king of the mountain if the mountain is crap.

KayfabeMan
06-02-2007, 04:58 PM
To further what RM said: I've dealt with D-Von several times.

Always a pro in my dealings with him.

I remember once, we were all staying at the same hotel. Someone approached him at like 2-3 in the morning while he was cleaning out his rental car, and was on the phone with his wife.

He stopped, put his own wife on hold, signed 2-3 items they brought and even asked them who he could personalize them to, wished them a good night and then carried on. Class act.

Skippord
06-02-2007, 06:10 PM
I've heard D-Von is cool but Bubba is a dick