PDA

View Full Version : Who's the next big star??

thuganomicalcrippler
02-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Ok: The last two major stars have been Austin, then the Rock. Now who's going to be the Next Big Thing?

Bad Guy
02-24-2004, 11:46 AM
a-train.weirder things have happened.

thuganomicalcrippler
02-24-2004, 11:47 AM
I'm going with Cena. He has the personality.

Bad Guy
02-24-2004, 11:50 AM
oh, you mean out of THOSE guys :roll:
I'm going with Orton. I actually think he has talent and has a bring future ahead of him. So does Cena and Benjamin but I got a feeling about Orton.

Fryza
02-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Where is Haas?
Why don't I see Haas?
How come Haas isn't on there?
:mad: :foc: :rant:

Also, where is Conway? Or London?

SuperSlim
02-24-2004, 11:51 AM
out of those three it has to be obvious... A train... I mean Cena

Fryza
02-24-2004, 11:53 AM
I don't see it fair as to listing Cena and Orton, since most people realize that they're getting pushed to main eventing soon enough...

Still...HOW COULD YOU ADD SHELTON, AND FORGOT HAAS?! :rant: :'(

thuganomicalcrippler
02-24-2004, 11:56 AM
:| Um...Haas comes under someone else

I'm really lazy right now, and I listed the first three people that came to my mind. Sorry :-\

Fryza
02-24-2004, 11:57 AM
:| Um...Haas comes under someone else

I'm really lazy right now, and I listed the first three people that came to my mind. Sorry :-\

Oh no you don't, no excuses. Bad thuganomicalcrippler. Bad.

Voted someone else, btw.

Sephiroth
02-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Well we all know that Cena and Orton will be the next big thing, but i think if Haas and Benjamin would get the right pushes they could be very big on their self.

Kane Knight
02-24-2004, 11:59 AM
Brock.

The Naitch
02-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Cena- more entertaining, still doesn't need nor does he have a title to get himself over

Orton is still too generic in my opinion, but will see how he plays out, especially when he turns face

Brock- Nah, he's done. NEXT!

Benjamin- He can make a good alliance with Cena. Rodney Mack as Red Dogg should've been with Cena instead of killing it too soon

If Cena were to turn heel, I'd like him allign with Long and Mack

SuperSlim
02-24-2004, 12:28 PM
man if Haas and Benjamin would be allowed some actual TV time they could skyrocket to the moon and really help a dying tag team division... oh yeah cause Scotty and Rikishi- forgot who the tag champs were for a moment, suck as tag champs and on Raw havin RVD and BT as tag champs... :nono:

there isn't a real tag team out there cept for the Bashams- aight, Dudley's- totally played out, and ummmm that's bout it.

John la Rock
02-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Cena and Orton tie. They are the next Rock and Austin in my opinion

Mister Sinister
02-24-2004, 12:34 PM
Hurricane....If they would ever stop jobbing him on Heat.

I mean the guy has the Wrestling Talent
He Has The Charisma and is already way over with the Crowd besides being a non-pushed Mid Carder, But of course, becauses he's a Cruiserweight, He'll never get pushed again.

Also....Sean O'Haire, if they would ever just use him

Stickman
02-24-2004, 01:30 PM
What's so great about Benjamin and Haas?

Kane Knight
02-24-2004, 01:34 PM
They're the world's greatest tag team...:shifty:

Loose Cannon
02-24-2004, 01:36 PM
man if Haas and Benjamin would be allowed some actual TV time they could skyrocket to the moon and really help a dying tag team division... oh yeah cause Scotty and Rikishi- forgot who the tag champs were for a moment, suck as tag champs and on Raw havin RVD and BT as tag champs... :nono:

there isn't a real tag team out there cept for the Bashams- aight, Dudley's- totally played out, and ummmm that's bout it.

I seriously don't know why they are not pushing Cade and Jindrack as the top heel team on Raw. I think they might be holding out for the "New Evolution" thing to start pushing them though. I see a ton of potential in those two as a heel team, but they need to get more experience on the mic if they want to make it big.

SuperSlim
02-24-2004, 01:40 PM
yeah see that's why I totally forgot about them... WWE needs to do somethin with them so people can actually rememebr them

Blue Demon
02-24-2004, 01:43 PM
I went with Cena

Rob
02-24-2004, 01:59 PM
I enjoy Cena but his ring work won't get up to a good enough standard and his gimmick won't take him to that huge level.

My bet would be Eddie Guerrero.

blake639raw
02-24-2004, 03:17 PM
Randy Orton

OssMan
02-24-2004, 03:19 PM
I''m goning with Orton....he IS a really good wrestler and definately has the stuff to do it, he's just a jackass

The Naitch
02-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I''m goning with Orton....he IS a really good wrestler and definately has the stuff to do it, he's just a jackass

lol mark

Kane Knight
02-24-2004, 03:21 PM
I enjoy Cena but his ring work won't get up to a good enough standard and his gimmick won't take him to that huge level.

My bet would be Eddie Guerrero.

I say the two should do an East Coast/West Coast "feud"...;)

The Naitch
02-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Except Eddie doesn't rap :sad:

Kane Knight
02-24-2004, 03:24 PM
Hurricane....If they would ever stop jobbing him on Heat.

I mean the guy has the Wrestling Talent
He Has The Charisma and is already way over with the Crowd besides being a non-pushed Mid Carder, But of course, becauses he's a Cruiserweight, He'll never get pushed again.

Also....Sean O'Haire, if they would ever just use him

Helms could be huge. I mean, he's so charismatic he's hot with the fans DESPITE his geeky superhero image and dumbass sidekick.

I'd love to see what they could do with him...If they can ever get him out of his "humour" midcard gimmick.

The Naitch
02-24-2004, 03:24 PM
and please, don't make Rey Rey do another music video. I love Rey and all, but that video made me embarassed to be a wrestling fan

Kane Knight
02-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Except Eddie doesn't rap :sad:

Neither does P Diddy, but it doesn't stop him from playing one on TV...:shifty:

Kane Knight
02-24-2004, 03:26 PM
and please, don't make Rey Rey do another music video. I love Rey and all, but that video made me embarassed to be a wrestling fan

Rey and music should only cross paths as he's entering the ring...And it should always be someone else making the music.

Savio
02-24-2004, 03:51 PM
Orton and Cena will get big around the same time. Even though Cena bigger now Foley will launch Orton. As for Shelton well he could be the next billy gunn I guess.

The Naitch
02-24-2004, 03:59 PM
I better be around to watch the greatness of a future Orton/Cena feud. I missed out on the build up for X7 between Rock/Austin, and I don't plan on screwing this up this time.

I hope they do a Cena(face) vs. Orton (heel) feud, then have them feud both as faces, then hopefully have Orton face him as the face. That way you can milk it and keep the feud different everytime.

Corkscrewed
02-24-2004, 04:06 PM
\mm/

MVP
02-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Why do so many people say that only Austin and The Rock were the big stars?

Ever since The Rock; the big stars have been:
Mick Foley
Triple H (in 2000)
Kurt Angle
Chris Jericho (though not everyone will agree)
Brock Lesnar

Fryza
02-24-2004, 04:28 PM
What's so great about Benjamin and Haas?

-They have the look.
-They have actual wrestling talent.
-Given mic time, they can be at least average.
-Their matches and sells look realistic.

I don't know, I mean, not the kind of qualities I'm not looking for in a wrestler...

blake639raw
02-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Why do so many people say that only Austin and The Rock were the big stars?

Ever since The Rock; the big stars have been:
Mick Foley
Triple H (in 2000)
Kurt Angle
Chris Jericho (though not everyone will agree)
Brock Lesnar They mean stars that actually transcend wrestling. Austin and The Rock were household names, moreso than any of the names you just mentioned. When they say "stars", I think they mean who will be on top during wrestling's next boom period.

blake639raw
02-24-2004, 04:33 PM
-They have the look.

I don't know, I mean, not the kind of qualities I'm not looking for in a wrestler... Benjamin and Haas are the best tag team in YEARS in the WWE. I honestly believe they are the best tag team to come around in the last 10 years easily. And they will only get better.

Kane Knight
02-24-2004, 04:41 PM
-They have the look.

I don't know, I mean, not the kind of qualities I'm not looking for in a wrestler...

Tell me about it.

Who wants that kinda shit in the WWE?

Fryza
02-24-2004, 04:44 PM
I think Haas and Benjamin need a face turn. Seriously, the selling that Shelton does sometimes is just gold (Remember that Stinkface? Where he was flipping out? It was funny as hell). And Haas (WITH GOATEE) could easily make one of those lovable idiots..

meh..

The Naitch
02-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Cena and Orton. Jericho could've been the man after The Rock, if only he was booked right and if Triple H died in a fatal car accident.

MVP
02-24-2004, 06:17 PM
They mean stars that actually transcend wrestling. Austin and The Rock were household names, moreso than any of the names you just mentioned. When they say "stars", I think they mean who will be on top during wrestling's next boom period.
Well if that's what he meant, then exclude everyone, but Foley.

I guarantee that his name is just as household as The Rock or Austin.

Mikey
02-24-2004, 07:09 PM
Orton

The Mackem
02-24-2004, 07:17 PM
The thing is with Cena, what happens if he ever drops the rap gimmick? I don't kno what you people think but I think it's getting a bit stale already. Maybe stale is the wrong word but I don't look forward to his raps when he comes out as I used too.

I really think Randy Orton is the next best thing. I love him.

JeremyTB29
02-26-2004, 04:26 AM
Orton is awesome on the mic and is a 3rd generation superstar.Orton will go further than Cena.

I think Cena is way overrated on the mic.All he does is make Rhymes insulting his opponents.I'm not sure he would be able to do a decent promo without the rapping.