PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think WWE is handling RVD's situation weird?

Mooияakeя™
06-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Just seems weird how it's "practically" common knowledge to most who read into wrestling that he is leaving. Yet WWE haven't buried him, have known he isn't going to sign a contract for a while now, and if he did sign he would have signed ages ago and only on a shorter schedule.

Now on their official site, yeah it's kayfabe, but still they're "rumouring" that RVD's career is over. Like giving it top news. I just find it really strange how he's like getting into the starting of a feud, people are getting into it and then he'll just disappear never to return, and unless WWE knows something we all don't, he won't be coming back at all.

I dunno, I've tried to explain what I mean, but ach. Sorry.

Anyway, for what it's worth... http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/news/rvdinjury

FourFifty
06-04-2007, 12:12 PM
I think it might be WWE trying to mess with all the internetfans. We're reading all this crap on the dirtsheets about how RVD is going to TNA, how he's not going to TNA, blah blah blah, and they're keeping RVD on tv (so far). It's just to mess with our heads.

KingofOldSchool
06-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Just way for them to write him off WWE TV.

RP
06-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Eddie Guerrero is probably coming back

Anybody Thrilla
06-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Just way for them to write him off WWE TV.

Yes. I much prefer it this way as opposed to just having him disappear into thing air (read: TNA).

Pepsi Man
06-04-2007, 01:26 PM
What's to say WWE doesn't know something we don't? Personally, I am not Rob Van Dam, nor am I Johnny Ace, Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, or anyone else on the WWE side of things.

Kane Knight
06-04-2007, 01:35 PM
I think it might be WWE trying to mess with all the internetfans. We're reading all this crap on the dirtsheets about how RVD is going to TNA, how he's not going to TNA, blah blah blah, and they're keeping RVD on tv (so far). It's just to mess with our heads.

Or maybe the dirt sheets are wrong, and the company isn't poorly booked enough to pull something that vindictive?

Oh, who am I kidding? Nobody's gonna believe that.

IC Champion
06-04-2007, 01:39 PM
lol

James Steele
06-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Maybe RVD and WWE are working the sheets!

Rammsteinmad
06-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Maybe RVD will leave, just to return as Robert Von Doom. :D

Kane Knight
06-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Even the dirt sheets have alluded to RVD being willing to work with WWE in exchanged for a reduced touring schedule. Isn't it possible, just maybe, that they don't want to write him off as a total loss?

I mean, if they run him into the ground, then he might do the TNA thing. Whether or not it'll hurt them (Doubt it), that's still not desirable.

Slow
06-04-2007, 03:33 PM
I reckon its as simple as RVD not signing a contract so he can have the time off, then will probably go back when he's had a long rest. Kinda like Kurt Angle wanted, but without the backstabbing and sodding off to the rivals

Kane Knight
06-04-2007, 03:43 PM
I reckon its as simple as RVD not signing a contract so he can have the time off, then will probably go back when he's had a long rest. Kinda like Kurt Angle wanted, but without the backstabbing, insainty, sodomy and sodding off to the rivals

Much better.

Kane Knight
06-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Spoilers, I guess.

After seeing the Flair/Orton match on Raw, it really makes sense what they did. They've got a nice pattern going with RKO, where he's just decimating people in or outside of the ring, and RVD's "exit" was a great way to help establish that in a way that might not have worked had he lost.

And since it doesn't completely bury or humiliate RVD, and it gives him a great chance to return, it's probably some of the smartest booking WWE's done in years.

mrslackalack
06-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah it seems they are hyping Orton back up as the ''Legend Killer'' again.

Kane Knight
06-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Which can only mean one thing: He's going to job to someone big and get shit on for a year...Of course, It'll be because he wiped his ass on Triple H's face towel.

mrslackalack
06-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Looking back on it I wish that in 04 after Orton won the title at Summerslam that they kept Orton as heel and turned HHH face and kicked him out of Evolution with Orton as the new leader.

chrisat928
06-06-2007, 04:33 AM
RVD is staying with WWE.
He'll show up again in September, just in time to get revenge on Orton, after Triple H is done with him, then Triple H moves on to Cena and takes the title away from him.
Then in November HBK will return and be the heel side to Triple H, after he doesn't want to reform DX.
Triple H and HBK will feud until Royal Rumble, and HBK will win the title and defend it against the Undertaker, who will win the RR for the second time, this time entering at number 15.
Leading up to WM24 Undertaker will start reforming a Ministry, members will include Kane, Santio Marrella who will drop the Itailan gimmick and go back to the Russian shoot fighter, Kevin Thorn, Marcus Cor Von who will be the ECW champ.

Wow. Kinda got on a strange tangent there.

Mr. Nerfect
06-06-2007, 05:24 AM
I think Rob Van Dam will end up re-signing with the WWE. He'll take some time off, and then come back when they offer him a sweet enough deal. The WWE is hurting for name stars, and RVD is one of the few guys on the roster the fans actually care about. He could go to TNA, or even Japan, but I don't know, I can just see RVD choosing to stick with the WWE.

They might even be thankful enough to push Van Dam upon his return, and forget his fuck-up.

Theo Dious
06-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Which can only mean one thing: He's going to job to someone big and get shit on for a year...Of course, It'll be because he wiped his ass on Triple H's face towel.

Actually, it'll be because he washed his face with HHH's ass towel.

HHH is just weird like that.

RVDmark
06-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Actually, it'll be because he washed his face with HHH's ass towel.

HHH is just weird like that.
lol