PDA

View Full Version : So I swapped my PS3 for a wii

Bad Company
06-07-2007, 07:09 PM
So underwhelmed by the PS3. Hopefully the wii will be better. I THINK I MADE A GOOD CHOICE.

Mike the Metal Ed
06-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the hell of being a Nintendo system owner in a PAL region.

Mike the Metal Ed
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
If you have it online, you might want to set your country to United Kingdom, then you can download Turbografx games on the Virtual Console, but beware, change it back to New Zealand and you'll lose any Wii Shop points you have in your account.

Dorkchop
06-07-2007, 07:30 PM
There isn't a whole lot of great games to play, but there are still a few good ones. Nintendo doesn't seem too nice to European gamers, so hopefully you have at least a couple of the good games out there.

Bad Company
06-07-2007, 07:40 PM
I can handle it, modchip next wednesday :D

G
06-07-2007, 07:48 PM
you made the right decision.

Destor
06-07-2007, 10:08 PM
The Wii has a few good titles atm. But at this point I'm still banking on the potential of a bright future, which at this point is getting depressing.

Dorkchop
06-07-2007, 11:51 PM
It took the DS about a year and a half to get the really good games, and now look where Nintendo is. I have faith in the Wii. It's going to take a while for game developers to figure out what works, and what doesn't work for certain games. It'll get some really unique games. I just hope Nintendo learns to cater to hardcore gamers as well as the non gamers. I like some of the games that are aimed towards the casual audience though. Also I hope with all this third part support, they can actually put some time and make quality Wii games, and not half ass them. Nintendo seems to make the best games.

el fregadero
06-08-2007, 12:14 AM
I dunno, is GTA IV gonna be on Wii?

Dorkchop
06-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Nope. Which is why I want a 360.

Bad Company
06-08-2007, 12:28 AM
I have a 360, which I guess is why I was disappointed with the ps3

el fregadero
06-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Nope. Which is why I want a 360.
Then it was a poor trade.

G
06-08-2007, 03:01 AM
Then it was a poor trade.

He has a 360. Why was it a poor trade?

DS
06-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Because the Wii is pretty horrible. Gamecube had horrible 3rd party support and now that the Wii has it, it doesn't even matter. Only good games are by Nintendo. Really wish I hadn't bought mine.

G
06-08-2007, 07:22 PM
No, no sense in having both the 360 and PS3. Same games, minus a few exclusives. Wii has plenty of different games, not to mention the Wiimote. Give it a year before there are some REALLY GOOD games for the Wii.

Wii = winner as a 2nd console.

Dorkchop
06-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Because the Wii is pretty horrible. Gamecube had horrible 3rd party support and now that the Wii has it, it doesn't even matter. Only good games are by Nintendo. Really wish I hadn't bought mine.

I agree that the best games on a Nintendo console or handheld are made by Nintendo. Now that Nintendo has great third part support, I hope the developers put time in making sure the game is good and not half ass it.

If you're a hardcore gamer and just have a Wii, it's going to be a disappointment. Once I move I plan on hokking up my PS2 again, along with my Wii, and possibly 360 (if'when I buy one). There are a lot of great PS2 games I've never played.

I do hope that the Wii turns out like the DS a year from now... because the DS is my favorite console/handheld right now. Once I got mine, a year and a half ago, I pretty much stopped playing my PS2.

Dorkchop
06-08-2007, 09:34 PM
That is probably the worst post I've made here when it comes to typos.

road doggy dogg
06-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Good on ya, Wii is probably the best thing other than sex.

DS
06-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Good on ya, Wii is probably the best thing other than sex.

If the last system you played was either Atari or NES.

Just John
06-10-2007, 12:16 PM
In the long run, you may regret it. I see the wii getting very stale after a while, its great fun, but after a while devlopers are gonna run out of ways to put the wiimote to good use.

PapaGeorgio
06-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Well the problem is the Wii is different then other consoles, much like DS was. So they need to come up with good ways to play. But really, if you are a hardcore gamer you need to get a 360/PS3 along with the Wii. People diss on the Wii, but if they had a regular controller it wouldn't be selling that hot because it would just be like the other systems just with Mario games.

road doggy dogg
06-10-2007, 01:17 PM
If the last system you played was either Atari or NES.

I don't understand your vagsanding, I have been in love with my Wii since I purchased it. Gotten way more mileage out of it than my PS2 or X-Box. Only console I play more than it is my DS, if you would count that.

DS
06-10-2007, 01:50 PM
Well you are a huge Nintendo fanboy. Not meaning that as an insult in any way, but if Nintendo put out a PS2 under their name, you would eat it up instantly.

And I guess if all you're wanting is to play mini-games, then I'm sure the Wii will satisfy you. But considering the fact that 5 out of the top 10 games on Gamespot's top 10 (which I'm only using as an example) are virtual console games, I think that pretty much sums it up.

The console is not a revolutionary console, it's a gimmick console. I get that they are trying to find the best way to use the remote in different genres, but it shouldn't take this long for some quality games. Besides Zelda, which came out on GC as well, there has really been no good games with a story or without mini-games.

G
06-10-2007, 02:09 PM
^ At least Nintendo got their $250 out of your pocket. ;)

Y2Ant
06-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I have a 360, a Wii, a PS2 (only for Guitar Hero) and a DS.

do I win?

G
06-10-2007, 04:58 PM
go fuck yourself faggot

Destor
06-12-2007, 02:24 PM
^ At least Nintendo got their $250 out of your pocket. ;)I love you

Ironballs
06-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Besides Zelda, which came out on GC as well, there has really been no good games with a story or without mini-games.

Super Paper Mario was a great game. Say what you want about "teh kiddie," but it was a fun game and was pretty well written, at least from a humor standpoint.

Kris P Lettus
06-13-2007, 01:01 AM
The Wii is superb..

I've had mine like 5 monthes and I'm not dissapointed..

road doggy dogg
06-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Well you are a huge Nintendo fanboy. Not meaning that as an insult in any way, but if Nintendo put out a PS2 under their name, you would eat it up instantly.

And I guess if all you're wanting is to play mini-games, then I'm sure the Wii will satisfy you. But considering the fact that 5 out of the top 10 games on Gamespot's top 10 (which I'm only using as an example) are virtual console games, I think that pretty much sums it up.

The console is not a revolutionary console, it's a gimmick console. I get that they are trying to find the best way to use the remote in different genres, but it shouldn't take this long for some quality games. Besides Zelda, which came out on GC as well, there has really been no good games with a story or without mini-games.

You're right, I probably would. Probably because I still love my PS2, I just like my Wii and DS a whole lot more.

And yes, I love games that basically consist of just mini-games. I went through that whole "rar I must have elaborate developed storyline and deep intuitive gameplay in my console games" phase, and honestly I would much rather just play Wii Sports or Warioware with my girlfriend than try to unlock a hidden character in some game nowadays. So yes, Wii fits my lifestyle much more swimmingly now.

Kris P Lettus
06-13-2007, 12:11 PM
the console is not a revolutionary console, it's a gimmick console

That statement is utter bullshit..

Kris P Lettus
06-13-2007, 12:12 PM
utter bullshit..

In cow talk that would be "titty man poo"..

Bad Company
06-13-2007, 10:02 PM
I got dragonball Z and Madden, madden is OK, DBZ is pretty hard.

Destor
06-13-2007, 10:18 PM
DBZ was bad ass I thought.

Destor
06-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Madden was in the middle.