PDA

View Full Version : The Wallflowers

Joe Kerr
02-24-2004, 07:39 PM
What ever happened to the Wallflowers? I havent heard anything about them for awhile now. The last performance i actually saw Jacob and his father Bob Dylan were playing and singing together..I think it was One headlight I dont remember it was a live show...anyway are the Wallflowers still around?

Bad Guy
02-25-2004, 02:45 PM
one headlight is all i really liked. haven't heard crap about them for a long time.

Blue Demon
02-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Last Iheard of them they contributed to the "I Am Sam" soundtrack, not too sure about trheir future...I tried looking at EW.com and IMDB and couldn't come up with much

loopydate
02-25-2004, 04:00 PM
They've actually done two albums since "Bringing Down The Horse" (which had "One Headlight" and "The Difference" and was their big commercial success) that have both been pretty good.

"Breach" was good, but not as good as "Horse." Their most recent, "Red Letter Days," which came out last fall, is fantastic. Almost as good as their big hit from '96.

They did a track on the "American Wedding" soundtrack, and also have a track on an independent "Greatest Hits" album that I can't find anywhere.

I'm really surprised they've stayed under the pop-culture radar, because after "One Headlight" and "Heroes" (from the Godzilla soundtrack), they looked like they were poised for a big run. Jakob Dylan is notoriously press-shy though (kinda like his dad), which might have something to do with it.

I love the Wallflowers, and strongly recommend any of their work to anyone who asks.

Loose Cannon
02-25-2004, 04:07 PM
The newest song I heard from them was "Sleepwalkers" It's a pretty good song too.

loopydate
02-25-2004, 04:35 PM
The newest song I heard from them was "Sleepwalkers" It's a pretty good song too.

That was from "Breach." Good stuff.