PDA

View Full Version : Random question: How many epilepsy warnings does one game NEED?

darkpower
06-13-2007, 03:50 AM
Reason why I ask this:

Nintendo has got to be the most paranoid about this that I've EVER seen. Every game box of theirs had a warning right ON the back (or side) of the box. You have the obvious warning on the back of the front cover of the instruction manual. Then comes what Nintendo has been doing with their deveoped games lately. You have to see the "Health and safety warning" when you first turn on the game. Then, assuming you have a DS/Wii, it will show you that very same warning. And, if you are playing a GBA game on a DS or a Gamecube game on the Wii, you are bound to at some point hit that screen on the game itself. So, in all, you're very likely to be hit with FOUR SEPERATE WARNINGS about the SAME DAMN THING!!

We KNOW that there are photosensitive people out there (a very small percentage). We KNOW that there are people with serious epilepsy issues. We KNOW (assuming we have common sense) that we should take precautions, breaks, or whatever.

So...how many times are you wanting to warn us, Nintendo? It's like you're EXPECTING for us to fall into this situation, or trying to scare us into thinking that you're wanting to show us Porygon's death scene in every game you make.

How many other people are annoyed by this? And do you think so many warnings about this issue are necessary?

HeartBreakMan2k
06-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Enough to insure that no one could possibly say they didn't see it in order to avoid a potentially devistation lawsuit.

Kane Knight
06-13-2007, 09:02 AM
When your entire busines s model revolves around video games, and when people are blaming video games for their repitition injuries, you take your chances. If you want to know why, ask those retards who sue at the drop of a hat.

PapaGeorgio
06-13-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm sorry you are unable to wait under 10 seconds.

darkpower
06-13-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm sorry you are unable to wait under 10 seconds.
:rofl:

I didn't say I couldn't DEAL with it. I'm saying it's somewhat annoying to say something we already know. Neither Sony nor Microsoft does the things Nintendo does in this sense (I don't THINK MS does this, I don't own any form of the XBox).

Dorkchop
06-13-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm sure Nintendo does it to cover their asses so they don't get sued every 3 seconds. It's like those "caution wet floor signs". Especially in America, video games are blamed for everything.

thedamndest
06-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Then shouldn't they include a "Please do not shoot up your school or place or business" warning as well?

darkpower
06-13-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm sure Nintendo does it to cover their asses so they don't get sued every 3 seconds. It's like those "caution wet floor signs". Especially in America, video games are blamed for everything.

You have a point with that last thing....though GTA was never on a Nintendo system. :shifty:

Kane Knight
06-13-2007, 05:00 PM
You have a point with that last thing....though GTA was never on a Nintendo system. :shifty:

Yeah, but with Thompson unable to sue Rockstar, I'd be a little worried if were Nintendo...

#BROKEN Hasney
06-13-2007, 06:45 PM

Other than Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance of course.

Also, to answer your topic, for me personally I would like to see 5 as a minimum.