PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Hass and Shelton Benjamin

Cuzziebro
06-14-2007, 02:54 AM
Charlie
Now Charlie Hass IMO is good. He reminds me of Chris Benoit a little. If given the time I reckon he could be a very good singles wrestler. He has talent, I don't really know about mic skills as I cant remember a time when I have heard him on the mic. Could he make a very good technical heel?

Shelton
Shelton Benjamin, was amazing when he first went over to Raw. He was very over with the crowd due to his athletic and in-ring ability. But lately I have been watching his matches and they have been lacking. His in-ring talent is still there but he's botching alot of moves/spots he wouldn't usually, is this because he's a better singles wrestler than tag team wrestler. Or has he just dropped the ball?

The Team
Individually they are gold, but together I just don't know. Somethings have changed within the both of them since the last time they tagged. Like I have said above both could be legit singles wrestlers. So why not do the tag split angle, lose a few matches, Charlie blames Shelton for botching moves/spots, Charlie turns heel, Shelton face. They already have good in-ring chemistry with each other, and the tag division won't suffer because Raw has some very good teams in The Hardy's and Cade and Murdoch.

The Optimist
06-14-2007, 06:02 AM
I'm sick of this whole situation. They couldn't find a spot for either of them alone, so they paired them together to make them a tag-team and that's ended in the same situation. These two will basically be misused until someone in management gets a boner for one or both.

Sigh. I remember when Benjamin was getting wins over Triple H. It's almost as bad as the Orton situation.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-14-2007, 06:20 AM
Both are great wrestlers who are horrible underused. Why they don't win tag matches, or mid card belts, is beyond me.

Outsider
06-14-2007, 06:37 AM
I don't think they're anything special as singles wrestlers. The tag team division needs developing so badly at the moment. They've fucking killed it off over the years. There are some decent teams and these two could be one of them.

Keep them as a tag team and see how they develop for now. They're still young and there are better people on the roster at the moment.

The Optimist
06-14-2007, 07:20 AM
I don't think they're anything special as singles wrestlers. The tag team division needs developing so badly at the moment. They've fucking killed it off over the years. There are some decent teams and these two could be one of them.

Keep them as a tag team and see how they develop for now. They're still young and there are better people on the roster at the moment. I can't describe how wrong you are about Benjamin, though I can understand why you'd say that about Haas.

They've literally killed the tag team division. I'm still not sure if it's intentional or not, or why they'd even let it happen, but it surely has happened.

"Develop"? They're already the World's Greatest Tag Team, they've had the belts on numberous occasions and a few years ago under Kurt Angle they were by far the hottest team going. They've let them fall by the wayside and cool off for the past. . .what, three years almost. They can go right now with any tag team in the company and make a beautiful match.

NoRoolz
06-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Haas isn't all that young you know.

He's like 34 or something.

I agree with you though they're both top-notch wrestlers. However, the tag division is a shambles right now so I'm happy to see them together making the tag-division more exciting until (hopefully) they get pushed.

Theo Dious
06-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Benjamin = :y:
Haas: SUCKS ASS
Team: Was okay when they were hanging with Angle, but without a leader, they suck. And the WGTT name is the WORST THING EVER.

Outsider
06-14-2007, 09:04 AM
They kill the tag team division once per year by putting the belts on two main eventers who squash every team. See:
Austin and HHH
Kane and Undertaker (several times)
Cena and Michaels

Kane Knight
06-14-2007, 09:41 AM
Shelton is Amazing, but every time they push him, he seems to screw things up in ring at a crucial time. Kind of like Lita, if Lita were amazing.

Haas is a great in-ring worker, but he is yet to make himself stand out. Whether he's truly vanilla, or is just yet to develop any memorable character traits is beyond me.

Also, the Haas of Pain is a fucking awesome move.

AdrianM
06-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Charlie
Now Charlie Hass IMO is good. He reminds me of Chris Benoit a little. If given the time I reckon he could be a very good singles wrestler. He has talent, I don't really know about mic skills as I cant remember a time when I have heard him on the mic. Could he make a very good technical heel?

Shelton
Shelton Benjamin, was amazing when he first went over to Raw. He was very over with the crowd due to his athletic and in-ring ability. But lately I have been watching his matches and they have been lacking. His in-ring talent is still there but he's botching alot of moves/spots he wouldn't usually, is this because he's a better singles wrestler than tag team wrestler. Or has he just dropped the ball?

The Team
Individually they are gold, but together I just don't know. Somethings have changed within the both of them since the last time they tagged. Like I have said above both could be legit singles wrestlers. So why not do the tag split angle, lose a few matches, Charlie blames Shelton for botching moves/spots, Charlie turns heel, Shelton face. They already have good in-ring chemistry with each other, and the tag division won't suffer because Raw has some very good teams in The Hardy's and Cade and Murdoch.

Haas was an awesome wrestler, and when he came back, he had a ready made feud with Shelton Benjamin, until he knocked Lillian over, and whatever possible push that was planned was completely dropped :(

Frankly, I'm happy to see them together tho, I just wanna see them with the belts by the end of the year. If they become a jobber team, then it'll be a damn shame.

I must say tho, why did they ever turn shelton Benjamin heel? It just doesn't make any sense to me. It wasn't like he was getting booed, or even getting bad reactions, they just decided to turn him hell, and for what, so he could be a heat jobber, WTF

Dorkchop
06-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Haas is solid, but suffers from Steve Blackman-ism when it comes to charisma. He'll most likely get released again.

I think Benjamin is great, but seemed to make a few botches during his singles career. I hope he can overcome that and be at least a consistent guy in the WWE. Maybe not a world title run, but IC belt, maybe one or two main event feuds.

Kane Knight
06-14-2007, 08:56 PM
If they can give Lashley mic time, they can give Haas a few seconds once in a while to be...NJot blackman.

Mr. Nerfect
06-14-2007, 09:19 PM
I think a move to SmackDown! would benefit both men. Let them work matches with London & Kendrick over the WWE Tag Team Titles (hopefully London & Kendrick get a shot, and win them back, at Vengeance). That would make for an amazing series.

Shelton Benjamin works so much better as a face when he's alone. I agree with AdrianM on that one. His heel turn was kind of silly. Everyone tried to be optimistic about it at the time, as a way for Shelton to finally break free of the mid-card. Some good it did. Benjamin has the goods, and could be a major player.

Charlie Haas is probably the better wrestler of the two, and he is underrated in terms of his agility, and what have you. Haas has charisma, it's just the straight guy kind of charisma. I loved him during his run with Rico, and his recent "Haas is black" stuff sounds entertaining. As a Chris Benoit-style character, he could easily succeed. As KK pointed out, the Haas of Pain is just pure awesomeness in submission hold form.

Arnold HamNegger
06-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Benjamin = :y:
Haas: SUCKS ASS
Team: Was okay when they were hanging with Angle, but without a leader, they suck. And the WGTT name is the WORST THING EVER.

What if they formed a stable with MVP as the leader? Let them just be cocky arrogant TO types.

Theo Dious
06-15-2007, 10:51 AM
What if they formed a stable with MVP as the leader? Let them just be cocky arrogant TO types.

That would be pretty cool. :y: I don't mind watching them, but I have very little motivation to care about them.

I do still have a "Team Angle" shirt from back when they were with him.

Arnold HamNegger
06-15-2007, 10:57 AM
That would be pretty cool. :y: I don't mind watching them, but I have very little motivation to care about them.

I do still have a "Team Angle" shirt from back when they were with him.

Bring back Heyman to be the voice of the group, that way Shelton and Haas don't have to speak much. That would be pretty sweet IMO, them dominating all the gold on Smackdown and just being the biggest arrogant pricks ever.

After watching MVP cut his pre-match promo last week, I could kind of see him being a new generation version of Mr. Perfect. :y:

Theo Dious
06-15-2007, 11:01 AM
After watching MVP cut his pre-match promo last week, I could kind of see him being a new generation version of Mr. Perfect. :y:

Hell yeah.

Also, I would love to see Haas and Benjamin in Under-Armour gear.

Arnold HamNegger
06-15-2007, 11:11 AM
Hell yeah.

Also, I would love to see Haas and Benjamin in Under-Armour gear.

"WE MUST PROTECT THIS HAAS!"

Kane Knight
06-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Bring back Mama to be the voice of the group, that way Shelton and Haas don't have to speak much. That would be pretty sweet IMO, them dominating all the gold on Smackdown and just being the biggest kids on the block ever :y:

Arnold HamNegger
06-15-2007, 03:11 PM
They could just have Mark Henry dress up like Big Mama.

jindrak
06-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Shelton didn't need mic time to get over. He has charisma, and along with his athletic ability, he was able to get over 2004-2005.

Then for whatever reason he started wearing sunglasses and those ugly silk shirts. His previous heel turn seemed forced and it was obvious to anyone watching.

I'd love for Shelton to get another run with the IC title and move up the card to the main event level.

Arnold HamNegger
06-15-2007, 05:27 PM
An Edge/Shelton feud could be gold. :y:

Mr. Nerfect
06-16-2007, 10:45 AM
While we're talking about sticking Haas and Benjamin with someone, how about Elijah Burke? The guy is fine on ECW, but if the WWE decided to move The World's Greatest Tag Team to ECW, or Burke to RAW (for some reason), I'd love to see Burke join up with them.

Kane Knight
06-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Shelton+Haas+Heyman would rock. Like Ahhhhhnold said.