PDA

View Full Version : The Major Brothers with the straps...

Mooияakeя™
06-17-2007, 11:06 PM
After the draft, I noticed something... The Major Brothers will clearly take the TT titles at some point soon, maybe before the year ends.

With L&K drafted, Regal going solo to RAW, and heck, even Daivari going (after being chucked together with anyone to for a team) there's no Tag Team division on Smackdown worthy enough to even have a championship for it.

So, WHEN they become champs. Do you think we'll see some decent matches from them and are they worthy of the titles. WWE seems to tout them a lot as they've been champs in OVW and DSW. They're still the champs in OVW so I guess they're be dropping them rather quickly.

Dorkchop
06-17-2007, 11:11 PM
How long have these guys been on tv in the WWE?.... Because I don't watch ECW

Mooияakeя™
06-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Just under 2 months.

Anybody Thrilla
06-18-2007, 12:10 AM
I've obviously only seen a little bit of them, but I don't think they suck. It's pretty much too early to tell, though.

CSL
06-18-2007, 12:36 AM
<font color=white>They have a nice tag look. Time will tell how decent they actually are. They aren't doing bad though.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
06-18-2007, 12:38 AM
I haven't seen much from them, but I've only heard good things. Considering Deuce N' Domino are also a relatively new team, it wouldn't be a tragedy to see The Major Brothers dethrone them.

With Johnny Nitro and Kenny Dykstra being moved from their women on RAW, it might have been a beneficial move to have them both relocate to SmackDown!. That way there is another team in the wings for when Brett and Brian win the WWE Tag Team Championship. Those would be some fun matches. I'm also wondering why they haven't brought Mikey & Nicky back up from OVW. Are they still doing that "Frat Boys" thing?

Mr. Nerfect
06-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Something to keep in mind: Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury won the WWE Tag Team Championship in their wrestling debut on SmackDown! together, didn't they? It wouldn't be the quickest a tag team has been pushed to the gold.

I think the smart thing to do would be to establish The Major Brothers as contenders by having them defeat Deuce N' Domino in a non-title match on SmackDown!. D&D chalk this up to them underestimating B&B. Theodore Long then gives them a title shot at Vengeance, where D&D retain relatively cleanly, as this time they didn't overlook the brothers. The Major Brothers still pursue the Champs, however, as they claim that they were lured into a false sense of security this time. We get some non-title singles bouts between the teams (as we usually do), which leads to another title match between the two at The Great American Bash. D&D win there, this time using the skate to illegal cheat their way to victory. I haven't been watching SmackDown! much, but I think this would be the first time D&D actually used the skate they are famed in OVW for using.

This leads to a Steel Cage Match between the two teams at Summerslam (yeah, it's doubtful), so that Cherry cannot get involved, and here we see The Major Brothers finally defeat D&D and capture their first WWE Tag Team Championship.

darkpower
06-18-2007, 03:58 AM
I'm still a little pissed at how screwed SD was in this draft. Seems like EVERY SINGLE FUCKING STAR ECW or RAW got came from SD for some reason. Does Vince REALLY think that more people get SciFi on an expanded basic service than a CW channel?

I mean, WHY THE FUCK do you move London and Kendrick together (which made no sense anyway since it was billed as one person only per pick. THAT will make people believe it's random :roll: ) from a tag division that has life on the main show to a brand that only has life on Heat? Really, who the hell are Kendrick and London supposed to wrestle that will be "easy" for them after they get the titles from the Gay Cowboys (Cade/Murdock, what I'm calling them now)?

KingofOldSchool
06-18-2007, 08:20 AM
The Major's remind me of the Dynamic Dudes without the surfboards.

They are nothing more than a generic looking tag team.

Impeccable
06-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Aren't we forgetting that Eugene has been drafted to Smackdown?

Because when he is paired with kane, cue "hilarious laughs" and a lengthy tag title run.

:(

KingofOldSchool
06-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Funaki and Eugene.

They shall be known as JapTard.

Pepsi Man
06-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Something to keep in mind: Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury won the WWE Tag Team Championship in their wrestling debut on SmackDown! together, didn't they? It wouldn't be the quickest a tag team has been pushed to the gold.

Just because something's been done before doesn't make it good.

Kane Knight
06-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Funaki and Eugene.

They shall be known as KaienTard.

This works much better.

Kane Knight
06-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Just because something's been done before doesn't make it good.

No, but perspective is important.