PDA

View Full Version : So I just bought a Wii

The One
06-24-2007, 08:10 PM
I need to know what good games are out there. I got Mario Party 8 and the dumb free game that came with the Wii, but I need like, I don't know, an actually good game to play. Suggestions?

PapaGeorgio
06-24-2007, 08:17 PM
First off Wii Sports is a great free game. Probably one of better games on system in some ways. Secondly heard Mario Pary 8 ain't that great. But to help you out:

Zelda: Twilight Princess - If you like Zelda franchise get this. Fun game, good game. Is kind of more of the same if you are familiar with the series but still good times.

Paper Mario - Fun mario game, RPG elements in it so beware of that. Great game, one of better ones out there.

Wii Play - Grant it you didn't like Wii Sports apparently, this is more of the same in some ways. Not so much sports but little other games. Nothing that great, but get a WiiMote with it so good buy in those terms.

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition - Just came out this week, bought it and love it so far. First time I ever played an RE game and so far so good. Good point and click shooting type stuff. Might not be your type of game though, dunno.

Wario Warez - Bunch of crazy fucking mini games. Great party game, single player ain't anything too great. But if you play with a lot of people this is a good game. Can play up to like 16 or 32 people I think in certain modes and only uses one controller for multiplayer so no need to worry bout extra controllers.

Those are all the games I own that I would recommend, well I don't own Wii Play but what I have played of it, it is fun. I also own Red Steel and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, both are decent but nothing great in anyway.

Savio
06-24-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm gonna get godfather pretty soon.

What is your friend code?

The One
06-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Well I'll give Wii Sports a try I guess, I just have traditionally always hated free games so I didn't even play it, and my friends are coming over later to test out MArio Party (can't play that alone, it'd be depressing). I'm thinking if I end up liking Wii Sports I go out and buy that Wii Play, and I guess Resident Evil 4...I use to like Zelda, but everything past OoT has sucked.

PapaGeorgio
06-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Almost bought Godfather, then thought bout getting Scarface, probably will get one of em eventually. Decided to just wait for Mario Strikers, been trying to save my money lately.

But yeah, also check out the VC, some great games there you can get. Personal favorite you may not know bout is ActRaiser.

ClockShot
06-24-2007, 08:23 PM
I got Zelda: Twilight Princess. That will keep ya busy for a good while. Also picked up Trauma Center: Second Opinion.

PapaGeorgio
06-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Well I'll give Wii Sports a try I guess, I just have traditionally always hated free games so I didn't even play it, and my friends are coming over later to test out MArio Party (can't play that alone, it'd be depressing). I'm thinking if I end up liking Wii Sports I go out and buy that Wii Play, and I guess Resident Evil 4...I use to like Zelda, but everything past OoT has sucked.

If you have two controllers you should for sure try Wii Sports with some friends. I mean it is nothing great, more of a tech demo in some ways but it is still a lot of fun. Easily one of best games on Wii right now, easily one I played the most. Bowling is a fucking blast. My friends and I play you take a shot ever 7th frame, cause Wii+Drinking=Great times.

As for Mario Party don't think it got that great reviews but let me know what you thought of it, I was always a fan of the series. Also, if you like that you should read up on Wario Warez Smooth Moves. You might not like it, but it is a lot of crazy fucking mini games, and the multiplayer is a lot of fun. Even me and my roommate just play it some times, and the two of us giggle like little school girls.

The One
06-24-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm gonna get godfather pretty soon.

What is your friend code?

I don't know, I haven't even plugged it in yet, I'm having my nerdy friends come over and installing it in my surround sound speakers and shit later...

Dorkchop
06-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Wii Sports is pretty fun with friends.

Twilight Princess is a great game, but it doesn't feel like a true Wii game.

Super Paper Mario is great, but not too hard, and again, doesn't feel like a true Wii game. I really like it though.

I guess the same can be said about Resident Evil 4.

I have Elebits, and really like it, but it's probably more of a rental... if you like the quirky Japanese style games.

The good Wii games will start to come out this fall. I can't wait for Mario Galaxy.

The One
06-24-2007, 08:48 PM
Wait, I just saw online there is an SSX game???!!!???!!! Is it any good cause I LOVED the other ones!

PapaGeorgio
06-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Pretty sure I heard it was alright. Don't think anything too great, but go to sites like www.wwi.ign.com to read reviews. They are pretty helpful usually, but know you looking for average tpww'er review too but can't help ya there.

Dorkchop
06-24-2007, 11:27 PM
I've heard SSX is good once you get the hang of the controls.

jindrak
06-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Madden 2007 is pretty sweet.

Bad Company
06-25-2007, 02:14 AM
I have madden and dragonball z, madden is fun, and pretty easy. DBZ is hard, but also massive fun.

PapaGeorgio
06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Madden 2007 is pretty sweet.
New Madden will be out soon though so wait it out for that.