PDA

View Full Version : So...let me see if I got this straight *Vengeance Spoilers*

The One
06-25-2007, 12:21 AM
In their night where every title was on the line, not a single title changed hands other than the ECW Title which was vacant and won by someone who wasn't even supposed to be in the match to begin with...

I wish I could tell the entire WWE to sit down on a giant middle finger and rotate around it.

FourFifty
06-25-2007, 12:24 AM
<strike>Nope. The women's title changed hands</strike>

Yea, Tovo, no real title changed hands.

CSL
06-25-2007, 12:24 AM
<font color=white>Candice Michelle.

But yeah, 'twas the shits.</font>

Innovator
06-25-2007, 12:25 AM
On a completely unrelated note, the WWE stock dropped $1.82 this week

Oh yeah it is related.

Shaggy
06-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Yea that was the one thing my uncle noticed when we were leaving the arena. I was really expecting Cena to lose his belt....and boy was I pissed when it didnt happen.

SammyG
06-25-2007, 01:14 AM
I still can't believe Nitro is the ECW Champ

Mr. Nerfect
06-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Johnny Nitro winning the ECW World Title was a surprise. Not a bad one, either. CM Punk and Elijah Burke are both probably more immediate choices for Champion, but at least someone with upside is getting a chance. It's weird to think that John Hennigan from Tough Enough 3 is actually now a World Champion.

Candice Michelle winning the Women's Championship was...mmm. She's improved, but Melina is still the far better female wrestler. Jillian Hall and Mickie James are the best two on RAW, so idealistically they should be feuding for the belt. Jillian should win the title from Candice after Melina gets her rematch and falls short.

Mr. Nerfect
06-25-2007, 01:27 AM
As for the titles that should have changed hands? The World Tag Team Championship and WWE Tag Team Championship are right where they are. Deuce N' Domino are nowhere near the best team the WWE has, but putting them over Sgt. Slaughter and Jimmy Snuka gives them at least some kind of credibility. Sure, they beat cripples, but the fans care about those cripples. Maybe they will now begin to care about D&D. Cade & Murdoch have been fantastic in recent weeks. They deserve the run they are having.

Chavo Guerrero retaining the Cruiserweight Championship isn't too bad. Doesn't surprise me that he retained. All they need to do is get some credible challengers for him. Johnny Jeter apparently put on some weight (not the good kind), but he apparently looked good in a dark match against Sylvan before some recent SmackDown! tapings. Bringing him back as a challenger to Chavo would be a smart move. I am not opposing to seeing the Women's Title and Cruiserweight Title become inter-brand, so that Chavo can work with Super Crazy, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Jeff Hardy, Little Guido and Carlito. Candice Michelle can then have access to Victoria, Michelle McCool and Kristal Marshall. That might put those particular Championships back on the fast track to being cared about.

If the WWE was so insistent on Umaga destroying Santino Marella, I don't see why they didn't just pop the Intercontinental Championship on him, again. Santino has really been a failure by the WWE, because they don't know their shit about writing babyface characters these days. I long for Boris Alexiev. At least William Regal will have some great matches with Santino. Anthony Carelli is the better choice for IC Champion, at present, but Umaga shouldn't have dominated him like he did.

MVP retaining the US Title was just the right move. It just was. Matt Hardy should get win the title from MVP soon, however. Porter doesn't need a long run with the belt, so dropping it off to a babyface would be wise. An unretarded Nick Dinsmore, babyface Chris Masters, returning Paul Burchill or even someone like Aaron Stevens or the aforementioned Johnny Jeter would make great choices as US Champions.

The World Heavyweight Title is better off around Edge, but the WWE Championship should have moved off John Cena. King Booker would have been the best choice, but Bobby Lashley, even though he is green, would have been acceptable. Even the shitty attitude of Randy Orton would have been better, as he has been doing some entertaining work recently.

Londoner
06-25-2007, 01:43 AM
I think im gonna give up watching WWE until Cena loses the title.

Impact!
06-25-2007, 02:01 AM
:'( You'll never watch WWE again

Impact!
06-25-2007, 02:01 AM
...lucky bastard

thedamndest
06-25-2007, 02:19 AM
I totally called the Cena pinfall over Foley in another thread, though it is a hollow victory for me.

James Steele
06-25-2007, 02:20 AM
Is Michael Hayes writing for ECW now or something?

RVDmark
06-25-2007, 07:34 AM
The first PPV I have paid for in recent memory and look what I got. Next PPV can someone take a sign that says "If Cena wins we non-kayfabe blow up Vince".

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2007, 09:05 AM
How exactly did Nitro win the ECW title?

Theo Dious
06-25-2007, 09:31 AM
He was a replacement for Benoit, who had to sit out for "personal reasons." And then he beat CM Punk.

hb2k
06-25-2007, 09:40 AM
They made the right move putting it on Nitro - if Punk's big moment was winning a match that people were chanting "We Want Benoit", then that's not making him a star at all. At least this way, they have a top heel, the title scene is looking as good as it has since RVD lost it, and Punk still has his big win upcoming and it'll mean more now he hasn't won it first time.

TerranRich
06-25-2007, 10:20 AM
At this point, anybody could win the ECW Title and I wouldn't give a flying fuck. It means that little at this point.

FourFifty
06-25-2007, 10:26 AM
When Nitro came out I was a little upset that Benoit wasn't going to get in the ring... However I KNEW Punk was going to be the new ECW champion.
Being wrong has never hurt so much :(

Kane Knight
06-25-2007, 12:16 PM
:'( You'll never watch WWE again

Cena can only live so long.

Mercury Bullet
06-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Cena can only live so long.

Or he can no-sell death.

IC Champion
06-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Surely in the world of wrestling there must be some obsessed WWE fan who hates the state its in, hates John Cena, and is plotting an attempt on his life.

Here's to hoping.

Theo Dious
06-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Being wrong has never hurt so much :(

Seeing someone in pain has never made me laugh so much. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2007, 12:40 PM
So...Nitro/Punk was probably a pretty good match, ya?

Mercury Bullet
06-25-2007, 12:44 PM
It was sorta okay. It could've been better. The fact that it was underwhelming probably added to my frustrations with the whole situation.

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2007, 12:52 PM
What was Benoit's actual reason for not competeing? Is he OK?

Evil Vito
06-25-2007, 01:02 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Yeah, for the most part, I'm cool with the titles where they are (outside of Santino and Cena)

To be fair, I was half-expecting to see the Hardyz come out for another match as DnD's challengers. Kinda glad it didn't happen though, because it would just mean we'll see Jeff on Smackdown each week feuding, making the draft that happened a couple weeks ago look pointless as they left him on Raw. I'm assuming they didn't use The Major Brothers for that match because that is the next logical feud for DnD, and they might wanna save it for the next PPV.

I'm cool with Cade & Murdoch as champs...I'd like to see them feud with Cryme Tyme next. I'd actually like to see how a Cryme Tyme title run works out.</font>

Dorkchop
06-25-2007, 01:07 PM
What was Benoit's actual reason for not competeing? Is he OK?

I kept hearing family emergency.

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but:

Who did Deuce and Domino defend against?

How did Santino beat Umaga?

Jeritron
06-25-2007, 01:30 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I think it's pretty obvious that since Nitro won, Benoit was slated to win. I'm glad they didn't put a "world" belt on CM Punk. The guy hasn't held shit yet. He should be IC or US champion, and be given time to get more popular and credible. Him winning that title would have been worthless, and it would be too soon.

Is Benoit going to be out for a while? Because if it was only a temporary emergency and he's back tonight/tomorrow, I wouldnt be suprised to see him take back the belt sometime this week. There is a 3 hour Raw tonight, Benoit will probably be granted his title shot.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mercury Bullet
06-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Santino won via DQ when Umaga didn't stop beating him in the corner at the ref's 5 count.

DND beat Jimmy Snuka and Sgt. Slaughter.

And they said Benoit was unable to attend due to personal reasons.

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2007, 01:39 PM
DND beat Jimmy Snuka and Sgt. Slaughter

You had better be kidding. :|

Kane Knight
06-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Surely in the world of wrestling there must be some obsessed WWE fan who hates the state its in, hates John Cena, and is plotting an attempt on his life.

Here's to hoping.

Well, Cena DID reject Vermaat's advances....

Kane Knight
06-25-2007, 02:22 PM
No, but seriously, folks. I've got a plan. It involves Two tickets to Raw, a box of waffles, 50 lbs of Heroin, a shotgun, a couple of Nirvana Records, Ben Stein, and a fast getaway vehicle...Just in case.

Theo Dious
06-25-2007, 02:28 PM
No, but seriously, folks. I've got a plan. It involves Two tickets to Raw, a box of waffles, 50 lbs of Heroin, a shotgun, a couple of Nirvana Records, Ben Stein, and a fast getaway vehicle...Just in case.

And this all leads to Cena adopting a "McGuyver" gimmick? :wtf:

Kane Knight
06-25-2007, 02:33 PM
NO, it leads to him no-selling my MacGyver gimmick, overcoming the odds, and taking on the Ori single-handedly. Fucking moron. :roll:

Theo Dious
06-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Wrestling needs a MacGuyver gimmick, god dammit.

Kane Knight
06-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Wrestling needs a MacGuyver gimmick, god dammit.

Eddie had the perfect mullet.

"Relax, Esse. This bomb is exactly like the one that blew up Vince's car. We just need a screwdriver, two paper clips, and a 3"5 notecard, homes!"

Mercury Bullet
06-25-2007, 02:53 PM
You had better be kidding. :|

Unfortunately not.

RGWhat316
06-25-2007, 03:30 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that since Nitro won, Benoit was slated to win. I'm glad they didn't put a "world" belt on CM Punk. The guy hasn't held shit yet. He should be IC or US champion, and be given time to get more popular and credible. Him winning that title would have been worthless, and it would be too soon.

Is Benoit going to be out for a while? Because if it was only a temporary emergency and he's back tonight/tomorrow, I wouldnt be suprised to see him take back the belt sometime this week. There is a 3 hour Raw tonight, Benoit will probably be granted his title shot.

Well, to be fair to Punk, he has only been on ECW where there is only one title, and with Lashley as champion, that title was barely even on ECW. So Punk has never really had a chance to get any other titles. And to job to Nitro? The guy hasn't done anything in 3 months, while Punk has been up there in the main events, so the title would have seen more credible on Punk.

Anybody Thrilla
06-25-2007, 03:39 PM
Nitro is a former Intercontinental champion, you see.