PDA

View Full Version : Post your memories/ thoughts, eulogies to Chris Benoit

Splaya
06-25-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm doing this thread because I can't type it out in the other thread.

A couple of years ago, I lost one of my favorite wrestler in Eddie Guerrero. Eddie was a charismatic man. He not only had the goods in the ring, but he had the uncanny ability to either make you hate him on the mic, or make you love him. He was truly one of the greats and taken way too early from us. I remember waking up the morning I had learned that he had passed on. At first I thought I was dreaming. Some sick twisted dream that when I woke up, he was gonna be awake. He was going to be getting ready for a match and still making us wish that he would lie, cheat, and steal his way to any victory he could create. That day was tough and the next Raw I cried my eyes out. Eddie was a man that could make any person smile and have them respect what he did in the ring.

Now let me give you a rundown of today. I went with a friend to downtown Detroit to get her books for her. We went right to our friends where we were going to play poker and BBQ steaks before we played poker. When I was halfway through my steak, his brother came out and told us that Chris Benoit had died today. I looked at him and said "Shut the fuck up" I ran inside, got on the computer and saw that. Just totally in shock. Nothing mattered. Not finding out who storyline killed Mr McMahon. Not playing poker. Not even watching a tribute special. I'm serious right now. This is hard. I would trade all the title wins, him winning at WM 20 to have him back right now.

But I can't do that. All I am left with, like you guys, are memories. Him winning at WM 20, I'll never forget where I was. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings watching the PPV for free. Benoit put HHH in the crossface and that place went nuts. When HHH tapped, I'll never forget how loud that place was. 200 people screaming like mad, beer flying everywhere. I walked out of that place, my hair just absolutely soaked in beer. Clothes soaked in beer. People chanting Benoit into a parking lot, people looking at us from the Applebees next door, thinking we were nuts.

All I wanna say is that I'm glad that I had the privilege of watching Chris on TV. I never had the joy of meeting him. I find what Vince did tonight to be totally full of class, to drop one of the biggest storylines of all time, to instantly appear on TV and say what had happened. Chris was a great man, and I for as long as I live, will never forget someone like him who developed such a great pride, understanding, knowledge and skills of anyone to enter that ring.

Chris Benoit aka The Crippler aka The Rabid Wolverine...Thank you for all the memories you ever created for myself and any wrestling fan who had the joy and honor of watching you wrestle, whether it be on tv or in person. You will be forever missed and it kinda goes like Dean Malenko said but I'm gonna put a spin on it in my words..."The people in heaven are truly lucky right now because you guys are putting on a match right now that is making all of them smile up there."

Chris....Thank you again for everything you did for in that WWE ring, the wrestling world, and most of all.......we the fans. Thank you Chris for something myself and every other wrestling fan will cherish forever....THE MEMORIES.

Splaya
06-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Thank you to whoever Stickied this. I'm sorry but I can't even stomach this

Xero
06-25-2007, 10:50 PM
He will be missed. He was definitely one of the best in the business. He would always work hard, and he always had phenomenal matches. I have never seen a bad Chris Benoit match, and that says a lot.

I still remember being at WrestleMania 20. When he locked the Crossface in most people knew it was over. When Triple H tapped out MSG just exploded. I remember his wife and kids coming out and hugging him, and then Eddie coming out. My God, I shed a tear that night while holding up the Four Horsemen hand sign.

If there was ever someone who deserved to be in that group and be known as one of the best in the business, it's Chris Benoit.

Rest in Peace, Chris.

06-25-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm not even sure what to say about this. Chris Benoit is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, and I've seen a good majority of his matches. Anyone who had read anything about him, or watched anything about him, knows what a great human being he was. The thought of this being a homicide is absolutely sickening. I'm absolutely in shock.

Rest in peace, Benoit family.

This is hitting me harder than Eddie's, and I hate to say that, but it's true. Forget about WWE works, forget about McMahon, forget about Vengence...this is an absolutely tragedy.

The man was an icon, inside and ourside of the ring. I'm not sure I could say anything else without rambling.

The man and his entire family. It's sickening, saddening, and horrific.

Favorite Benoit moment - Watching him win the World Title at Wrestlemania 20. A moment and spot he truely, honestly deserved.

mrslackalack
06-25-2007, 10:58 PM
RIP Benoit Family

Chris, you were one of the best wrestlers out there. You had some incredible matches that I could go on and name and be here for a week. I never knew you personally, but all that I have read about you seems that you were an incredible person, and you realized your dream being champ, and even more you were some1 that all the fans truly loved. You are def a main eventer in Heaven, and I know your up there smiling with your wife, son, and 2 of your best friends in Eddie and Owen.

I will never forget you Chris Benoit, and I hope to see you someday.

RIP

Blitz
06-25-2007, 11:00 PM
I was lucky enough to meet him once, briefly. Nice guy. Too many assholes in this business, but he wasn't one. Just the fact that he was willing to stop and talk to us, however briefly, after a show.

Not much else to say. I'm no good at flowery prose. I just know that he was one of the very best that I or anyone else will ever see. I'm not exactly sure on the idea of an afterlife, of heaven or hell or any of that. But if there is, obviously he's in a better place.

A lot of people treat this business like a joke. Oftentimes, they're right. But they forget how goddamned tough of a business it really is. So thanks, Wild Pegasus, wherever you might be. For dedicating a way too short life to entertaining us. You did it superbly well.

Rest in peace.

Loose Cannon
06-25-2007, 11:13 PM
If you asked me every year, from when Chris debuted in WCW till today, whom my top 5 current favorite wrestlers were, he was always in there. He's probably the last guy that I seriously cared about in the old school kayfabe sort of way.

I remember in 8th grade me and 3 other kids called ourselves the Four Horsemen and I was Benoit. He was a great wrestler, had a cool look ( I loved when he wore the vest) and had the kind of intensity you just don't see often.

I'll always look back on his times in the Horsemen with Pillman as my greatest Benoit moments. Of course his Rumble win, his Mania 20 victory and his debut with the Radicals will go down in history. He had so many great matches and feuds, it's hard to pick a favorite, but if I had to, it would be the Owen Tribute match with Bret Hart.

This really sucks. Thanks for the memories Chris

Jon Kano
06-25-2007, 11:49 PM
First saw Chris Benoit in WCW way back in the late 1990's and since then he has been my favourite wrestler. Its hard for me to fully explain myself since I stopped watching wrestling around 4 years ago, but if I was ever flicking channels I would only stop to see him on screen, or if I fancied a trip down memory lane via youtube, his matches were the ones I would recall.

I thought he was a true perfectionist and you could tell from his character, matches and news you would read about him he was a true sportsman who had a lot of respect for himself, his friends, the business as well as a true family man.

Today, I and a million others lose a childhood hero.

RIP Chris Beniot

BigDaddyCool
06-25-2007, 11:52 PM
This is where I would normally put "Always look on the Bright Side of Life" by Monty Pyhton...but I won't because it is feeling alittle played out right now. Still, you should. Chris Benoit, for better or worse was a wrestler. Before you flame me and say well duh, hear me out. In an industery called proffesional wrestling, he was a wrestler. He wasn't a spot monkey, he wasn't an entertainer. He wasn't a heel or a babyface. He wasn't a gimmick or an angle. He was a wrestler. When wrestling was becoming a dirty word, he was a wrestler. When glitz and fame were the driving factors, he was a wrestler. I know I've been hard of him, and I still stand by anything I've said in the past, dying doesn't diefy anyone. But he was a wrestler, and that is why I watch something called wrestling. He helped keep the meaning of the second W in every promotion he was in.

Anyhow, here it is:

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...

Shaggy
06-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Ever since I got back into watching wrestling, Chris Benoit has always been one of my favorite wrestlers. When I started tuning into WCW each week he was the one wrestler that I would hope to see and I looked up to the guy. In school you could open my locker and there you would find a few Chris Benoit things hanging on the side. He was a true hero to me.

One of my favorite memories of him was actually him fighting The Rock. He won but then the ref restarted the match and Rock ended up winning. The reason I remember this match is because due to the loss I had to cut my hair. My choice for the hair cut....I wanted it like Benoits. I cut my hair which was down to my shoulders down to his short style.

Chris was a true athlete in the ring and could put on a five star match with anyone. He will always be remembered as one of the greatest superstars to ever step in that ring and the sight that was left at Mania 20 with him and Eddie Guerrero will always put a smile on all of our faces.

May you and your family Rest in Peace Chris Benoit. Thank you for all the great times and memories.

Shadow
06-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Gods what can I say about Benoit? Well, let me try.

Benoit was one of those guys who had "it". He had this look, this intensity that said "I'm here to do one thing. Fuck you up.". Whenever he'd stick the crossface on someone, I was sure that this time, he was going to rip the arm out of the socket and begin to beat the guy with it. Not because the guy deserved it, but because he was that intense. Like many of you, I'll never forget watching Benoit making HHH tap like a little bitch in the middle of MSG. Never forget that moment when Eddie came out, shook Chris's hand and held his arm up to declare that this is what the two of them were scrapping, training, and working for. It saddens me to realize that this man is gone from us. I don't know about anyone else but I think a little peice of my world has just gone and the world is a darker place for it.

RIP Canadian Crippler....you will be missed.

Executioner
06-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Without a Doubt...the most technically sound WRESTLER since Bret Hart. An ECW Tag Team, WCW TV, WCW US, WCW Tag Team, WCW World HW, WWE IC, WWE Tag Team, WWE World Tag, WWE US, Royal Rumble winner, Super J Cup winner, WWE World Champion, and the 12th WWE Triple Crown Champion...a 20 year carrer filled with some of the greatest accolades in this sport...Un-paralleled mat skills, un-matched intensity, and the conditioning of a true athlete. Chris Benoit has and will forever be a Wrestling Legend. RIP Chris, Daniel, and Nancy...God has found Eddie's Tag Team championship partner in heaven..

Gone Mad
06-26-2007, 01:28 AM
Benoit, simply put, is the reason I was still watching wrestling. Even through all the crap the E has put out over the year and what wrestling in general gives us, I always felt safe knowing that somewhere they have Benoit. Benoit, anytime he's in that ring, you know he gives it all and busts his ass to put on a hell of a show. I followed through WCW and WWE, him and Jericho were my favs through the later years that I'm happy I got to see both live when they were carrying their world championships. I've always been a fan of the Dungeon graduates, so it just happened.

Despite everything that has just occurred and what's been said, I still respect the man for his career. There will seriously never be another Chris Benoit. All those who got to know him and who got to work and learned from him, they all know that now.

Chris, thank you for everything. Thank you.

RIP Chris, Daniel, Nancy.

Kalyx triaD
06-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Benoit suplexed Viscera a few months ago and I thought, "Here's a guy who made it on a show where having no character means getting a pink slip very soon, and he's still there doing his damndest to make a fake sport legit."

Look at the way he adds 'struggles' to his move applications, making the term Locking it In a legit term. It's little things like that I loved about his matches.

When people bash prowrestling about how fake the action was, Benoit was one of those guys you would talk about when you wanna convince someone about the physicality of it all. You can't fake a suplex, you can't fake that loud smack of a knife edge chop, you can't fake that grin of his.

Like his pants art said a few years ago; he was 4Real.

Renaissance man
06-26-2007, 01:40 AM
Ill always Remember that night he made hhh tap out and the sheer emotion of him and eddie in the ring. Raise your Glasses gentlemen to one of the greatest wrestlers and human beings we ever had the privilege to have know.

R.I.P Crippler

Lara Emily
06-26-2007, 02:33 AM
I don't know what to say, what to think. If all the accounts are true I will always cherris the individual matches Benoit put on but I cannot and will not in good conscience pay tribute to the man, if he is indeed a child killer, Benoit was a god to me, I worshipped him, you all know this but I can't say RIP right now, I just can't.

Super V
06-26-2007, 03:48 AM
Chris Benoit and family...

Honestly, the way this world works sometimes.

My thoughts and prayers out to all of their surviving family and friends. They will all be missed.

Rest in peace.

Londoner
06-26-2007, 04:05 AM
I really hope there's another twist to this story. Its sad that he/his family are just gone..im interested in seeing the tribute shows...but im not sure i could take it all in. ECW is gonna be struggling for sure.

NoRoolz
06-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Heaven just got a new main-eventer.

Mr Regal
06-26-2007, 04:44 AM
I don't really want to think about the good things I remember Benoit for. If this situation turns out to be what I feared from the moment I heard his Child and Wife were dead too, then I don't want to remember him in any way at all.

I hope there is some other explanation for all of this. Until then, fond memories are not appropriate.

NoRoolz
06-26-2007, 04:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4js9Tdrmq4

LK
06-26-2007, 06:26 AM
It's very difficult to think what to say right now. Whilst I really hope that these theories are indeed just theories, it seems more and more that he did it. Very hard to comprehend this situation. I will just send my condolences to both his and Nancy's families who must be going through hell right now.

Jeritron
06-26-2007, 06:34 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">This is from the other thread, I figured I'd repost it here since my thoughts are more appropriate for this topic:

It's very bizzarre. It's strange to think when I heard Benoit didn't make Vengance I was wondering what the problems were, but never thought they'd be anything close to this serious. I was banking on turning Raw on tonight and seeing him win the ECW title. I remember wondering what the personal problems were, but since little was made of it dismissed them as something semi-normal. It's sad that this had all occured and our concern was with Nitro and the ECW title, and if Benoit would win it back.

Don't know what to say about this. At first it was shock and sadness, now it's confusion and discomfort with all the revelations. I don't know what to think of him or the whole situation so I'm reserving that for when I find out more. I can just say, no murderer is still a legend. Great matches are one thing, but if this is true I'm just dissapointed and heartbroken.
It's important to remember that we did not know Chris or any of the people involved directly or affected closely. However through years of being a wrestling fan we can all understand how major this is and that it hits home, and it certainly is a hard situation. Feelings are involved, not on the level of those who knew him and the family, but still it's heavy business nonetheless. Watching someone on television regularly and listening to interviews etc etc is not the same as knowing someone, but it creates the feeling of the next closest thing to that
I can just say that I'm upset with the whole thing, and I want answers as much as anyone but I don't know what else to say at the moment.

No matter what, it's a terrible tragedy

I understand the RIP Chris and the concerns and feeling of loss for him. But my major concern at the moment is what happened, and his wife and son. They are likely the true victims, and I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that someone I viewed as "the man" likely has killed his 7 year old son and wife.
I do hope Benoit is vindicated, and that no matter what he and his family all rest in peace. But I'm just confused.
I understand the feeling of loss with Benoit and I know this is a wrestling forum and he had great wrestling matches. This is, however, an instance where it's not about wrestling.
I just think the real story and concern, at least with me, right now lies with the occurence and the tragedy

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Theo Dious
06-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Benoit was never my favorite wrestler, maybe never even in my top 10. But like BDC said, he was a real wrestler, and I knew any time he got into the ring, he was going to do everything he could to entertain me. And he always did. One of the best matches I ever saw live was a house show in WV, him vs HHH, and you know, not to be crass here, but it was real to me, dammit. It was the day before the Iron Man Match they had on Raw, and for whatever reason, I really felt that Benoit might lose the title in front of a measly little crowd of people I could probably cram into my house. He wasn't my favorite and probably never would have been, but he was great at what he did, and in the circus world of wrestling today, that means something.

Avenger
06-26-2007, 08:11 AM
He was one of the greatest of all-time. He gave us everything in that ring.

I am not qualified to speak on this matter nor am I of the emotional capacity to provide counsel to anyone on the issue.

All I will say is this -- I am a wrestling fan, I watched hundreds of Benoit matches and was never disappointed by a single one. I was lucky enough and had the honour of paying money to watch him wrestle twice. He was a machine in the wrestling ring and had a work ethic that will never be parallelled.

He will be sorely missed.

Thank you Chris.

Dark-Slicer Diago
06-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Benoit was always one of my favourites since the day he debuted in WCW. His best of 7 matches for the US Championship against King Booker T is a classic that wasn't duplicated on Smackdown. All I can say now his thank you for the memories Chris, when I die, I'd be happy to finally meet and get in the ring with you. R.I.P. Chris, Nancy, and Daniel.

BigDaddyCool
06-26-2007, 09:30 AM
After just reading the circumstances around this tradigy, and the reaction of this board, especially those who have defend Chris Benoit when I said he sucked, I would like to add another thing to what I said earlier. Notice, I said add, not change or wish I hadn't, just add too.

In times like these, in cirumstances like this, this is when you pray. I never liked him. I grudgingly respected him. I assume there are still things we don't know yet. None of us never knew Chris Benoit, most people who worked with him barely knew him as he was a private man. With that being said, I'm going to assume that there is a decent reason to why this happen. And I have and will pray for God to have mercy on his soul.

Theo Dious
06-26-2007, 09:39 AM
With that being said, I'm going to assume that there is a decent reason to why this happen. And I have and will pray for God to have mercy on his soul.

We can say what we want here on Earth, but he is the one who has to stand and face God right now, and they both know exactly what happened. I hope God can forgive him, I hope his family can forgive him, and I hope he can forgive himself.

Jeritron
06-26-2007, 09:47 AM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I have a strong feeling that he was of course responsible, but either insane or under heavy substance abuse, at the time of the crime. It's in no way an excuse, but I have a feeling that he came out of it, or came down or whatever and then killed himself when he realized what he had done...
However, the time frame(s) of the murders and the occurences, as well as the manner are proving to be more and more bizarre.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Felipewcw
06-26-2007, 01:04 PM
I don't come to these forums often. I don't watch wrestling as much as I used to when I first started back in 97. Sadly what draws me here is when a wrestler dies. It's a place to grieve when someone you grew up watching passes away.

Chris Benoit was a great wrestler. "The Canadian Crippler". Although never one of my favorites he earned my respect with the way he handled himself in and out of the ring, both in WCW and WWE. He will truly be missed by all of his fans

There's just one thing that irks me about all of this though. Heaven didn't just get another main eventer. I do hope that wherever he is now he finds forgiveness for his last actions here on Earth, and although all the circumstances aren't out as to why he did what he did, you don't go to heaven after killing your wife and son.

R.I.P Christ Benoit The Wrestler, the ring won't be the same without you.
As for Chris Benoit The Man, God help you. :'(

Corkscrewed
06-26-2007, 01:35 PM

No, unfortunately, based on recent confirmation, it didn't. :(

Fucking tragic. Just. Fucking. Tragic.

NoRoolz
06-26-2007, 01:59 PM
I know what you mean, God knows where Benoit's gone. I couldn't bring myself to say 'hell', even with 100% confirmation.

Unbelievable. Still won't sink in :(

The One
06-26-2007, 02:14 PM
I am only going to say this one thing on the topic of Chris Benoit. While it seems a bit premature to go rushing off to conclusions, the evidence is overwhelming pointing to the fact that perhaps one of the greatest professional wrestlers I’ve ever seen in my life is responsible for the death of his wife, and more shocking, his young son.

The lose experienced through death is an incalculable pain. When you multiply the deaths, and factor in the youth of one of the victims, it becomes a tragedy of which there can be no happy ending…for anyone. It goes without saying that I do not know Chris Benoit the man, however I am still proud to say I know Chris Benoit the wrestler. While some would argue they are one in the same, I would say that who he gave us in the ring, and who he was outside of the spotlight could be night at day, we’ve certainly seen that in performers of the past. And being that I did not know the man that Chris Benoit was, I simply am not qualified to speak to who he was, or to truly feel personally touched by his actions. I am appalled at what apparently happened, but in truth, events such as these happen constantly.

I can only speak at this time of who and what Chris Benoit was to me as a performer. And that was, simply put, one of the best wrestlers I have ever seen in my life. A lot of talk has been made about the “legacy” of Chris Benoit, how this will effect it, possibly destroy it, or certainly taint it. I submit that it will do none of those things.

Chris Benoit’s alleged unforgivable actions does nothing to take away from the incredible, awe inspiring career he lead. When he stepped between the ropes, you knew you were in line to see an incredible match. I can honestly say, from the bottom of my heart, that I never once in my lifetime walked away from a Chris Benoit match disappointed in the performance. Not once. As a fan of this industry, one of the greatest moments in history was seeing Chris Benoit hoist up the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XX. His lifetime of hard work and complete dedication yielded such positive rewards for him, and when he raised that title above his head, standing atop the turnbuckle, confetti flying through the air, and his best friend Eddie Guerrero standing next to him, it encouraged everyone who knew the history and made them believe that no matter how many times you’ve been told you can’t do something, if you dedicate yourself to it, there is nothing that is unachievable.

Nothing takes that moment away. Nothing.

I continue to thank Chris Benoit for the entertainment he has given me over the years. As a performer, he was in a class all his own. And I respect his career, because frankly there are few other careers which warrant as much respect as his does. And anyone who is such a powerful performer, that we forget that we don’t truly know them, as is evident with nearly everyone here feeling a sense of disappointment or denial about this entire tragedy, well, that simply speaks volumes to how great he was. The man, I never knew him, I never will. If these allegations turn out to be true, then may whatever higher power that rules over this universe deal with it, for it is out of my realm to even understand such actions, never mind determine what should come of them.

Chris Benoit, the world of wrestling will not be the same with your absence. I send my deepest sympathy for the family and friends of all of those who’s lives have been effected by this senseless tragedy.

Arnold HamNegger
06-26-2007, 02:41 PM
To me, Benoit represented everything that was right about wrestling. I can't even comment further because it's like finding out Santa Claus strangled his wife and suffocated his elves.

Christmas now sucks and I sure as hell don't want any of his fucking toys.

Rammsteinmad
06-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Posted this is in the other site... but I guess it belongs here:

I came home this morning from work and was all happy etc as expected. I got into bed and turned my laptop on... am I getting wireless internet from the guy down the road? Nope... no connection right now. No problem I thought. I'll just go to sleep and try again later.

Just then I received to this point probably the most shocking, saddening text message I've ever been sent. My friend texted me with the chilling words: "Dude, Chris Benoit has died".

I jumped out of bed and rushed to my mums computer and had to see if this was true. I sat there for about an hour reading all the posts here, and constantly refreshing WWE.com, hoping for updates.

Anyone that knows me personally, or as a poster, knows that Chris Benoit was my favourite wrestler of all time, ever. Period. I've worshiped the guy for so many years it's unbelieveable. He could literally come to the ring, fart in a paper bag and pop it in his opponents face and I would have called it a five-star technical masterpiece.

Right now I'm still in shock. I couldn't even bring myself to cry because I'm just so numb with shock right now. All day I've been depressed and have been repeating in my head "Chris Benoit is dead". It's just so unreal. Ever since Eddie died, I've always wondered how it would feel when Benoit dies... I just never expected to be discussing it now... so soon.

I'm not here to make assumptions or speculate what happened. Did Benoit kill his son? Did he kill his wife? Did his wife kill them both? Was it a gas leak? I don't know, and I'm not going to come to conclusions until the truth is out. Right now, I'm sad because one of my heroes is no longer with us.

And if he did kill his family? What then? My respect for him will go down, but I'll still idolise him for what he's given us for the past 20 years.

Proven guilty or not, Benoit always has been, and always will be my favourite wrestler.

To Chris Benoit. Thank you for the memories. Thank you for the tears. Thank you for the inspiration.

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/wrestling/images/2005/nov17/3.jpg

Optimus Bone 69
06-26-2007, 03:11 PM
The character was good but the real man is a killer and even worse still a child killer.

Splaya
06-26-2007, 03:49 PM
As much as it pains this to say this, I think because of what is going on with what he is being accused of, I want this unstickied and gone somewhere else. I don't care if it's steroid abuse, or insanity. Murder is murder. I made this thread because I felt bad about Chris Benoit the person, not the wrestler. A person died, not a character on a wrestling show. Based on what has gone on, I do not want to support a person based on what they did as evidenced with what has happened lately.

Shaggy
06-26-2007, 04:08 PM
To me, Benoit represented everything that was right about wrestling. I can't even comment further because it's like finding out Santa Claus strangled his wife and suffocated his elves.

Christmas now sucks and I sure as hell don't want any of his fucking toys.

You know that is one weird ass comparison....

But its true...

This whole thing is just like finding out that Santa Clause is a killer....

and saddens me every moment I think about it.... I dont know if I can ever watch anything Benoit related again...

:'(

Amaroqwolf
06-26-2007, 04:43 PM
This strikes really close to home for me for so many reason's the main one is below. Please don't flame me for what I say, for it is my opinion and not yours. Thank you.

Now you wonder why this strikes so close to home for me? Well I've been watching Wrestling sense I was knee high to a grasshopper as my grandfather used to say. With off and on breaks for 25 years, I have pretty much watched Benoit sense the first time he stepped into the rings, and I've heard the stories about him/read the stories about him. He was an awesome technical wrestler who has done so much for the sport of wrestling. When he won the WWE Championship at Wrestlmania 20 I myself cried because it was an amazing achivement after years of not quite making it.

Now, I was never the biggest Chris Benoit fan in fact I just right up hated the man. There was just something about me that made me dislike him. But, when I turned on RAW last night I was in shock, I was horrified, but my first thought was....Oh Dear god, please don't let it turn out he did this......fastforward 6 hours later and.....He'd done it, there was no doubt that h'ed done it. As he did this I really am not to upset about his death, I feel remote sadness for the death of Nancy Benoit, (his wife) But, dear god everytime I think of that poor 7 year old little boy, who had just begun to live...I can't but start fighting the tears. No matter how sick and twisted a man has become killing your child is just...there is no forgiveness for that act, and prehaps he's realized this and that is why he killed himself Monday morning.

Now, the only reason I found out about this is because I turned on Raw Monday evening, and I can now see the WWE is kicking themselves for doing a 3 hour tribuit to Chris Benoit. As they have pulled all Tribuit video's off there main website. Geuss they don't wish to be associated with a murderer.

The Horror this family must be going through at having this family must be uncomprehensable, I myself can not even begin to know the pain they are feeling. But, dear god I pray for them and His Wife and son's souls, I can't at this time find it in me to pray for Benoit.

Death is a personal Journey, and we may find what we seek at the end

Johnny Vegas
06-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Dude, Benoit was the fucking man. He may not have been everyone's favorite wrestler, but he was RESPECTED. Very few people in that business get that. (that "dude" is not directed at the poster above)

No gimmick, no weird ass angles, no Lex Luger pushes, just pure love for the sport but him in that top list of all-time greats. I honestly started watching him when he was with the Four Horsemen back in '97. Ever since then, he was ALWAYS one of my top 10 favorites.

They need to come out with a Benoit DVD because he has done TOO much in his career for WWE videographers to not have it on DVD. WM 20, Best-of-Seven with Booker T, Benoit v. Angle, DDP v. Raven v. Benoit. I mean i could go on.

Even my gf, who JUST started watching wrestling (trust me, John Cena is her favorite wrestler), even said he was one of her favorites. I asked her why, and she said i know this stuff is fake, but he makes it look so real.

I'm not going to type some long story about him, because that STILL wouldn't be enough. But from when me, my cousins, even my dad watched WCW in the Monday Night Wars era, he was always "that dude".

God, i still can't believe it. I think his win at WM 20 has to be one of the most, if not, THE most fan celebrated wins in wrestling history. Of all the deaths in the WWE, his one has hurt me the most because even though i didn't know him personally, i could always tell he was one of the "fellas".

RIP Chris Benoit and if my kids ever watch wrestling, i WILL tell them about you and your impact on wrestling...

KingofOldSchool
06-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Chris Benoit, the wrestler, was someone to be admired.

Chris Benoit, the human, was a fucked up human being.

I feel for everyone who knew and loved Chris, Nancy, and Daniel.

Blue Demon
06-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Chris was one of my favourite wrestlers. He had the realism I liked in a wrestler, and I'm a fan of technical wrestling. my favourite Benoit moment, while in attendance at WrestleMania 20, was when he had one the World Heavyweight Championship and I remember marking out like no tomorrow. RIP and Godspeed Chris.

JT
06-26-2007, 07:28 PM
When I first heard about this, I was saddened because (like many others have said) I enjoyed him as a wrestler. In the ring he was amazing wrestlers and I broke my keyboard because I was so pissed at the news, expecially considering that he most likely was going to win the ECW Championship on Sunday. However, as details of what took place became clearer, I have made a 180 on my thoughts about him. I feel almost hypocritical for doing so, but I simply can't feel remorse for a man who murdered his family. As great of a wrestler as he was and as much as I had hoped for him to rise to the top again, I simply cannot feel bad about him or that I won't be seeing him next week on television. I don't even think I could watch another one of his matches. I almost considered going out today to buy Hard Knocks, but am glad I changed my mind.

If you want to mourn over the loss of a great wrestlers, that is fine because we lost one. However, in the grand scheme of things he was a murderer, and like Bret said in the movie Maverick, "All that good you did, it's just been wiped away."

Batsu
06-26-2007, 08:27 PM
No judgement/vilifying from me.

I'll just always remember Wrestlemania 20, the greatest moment in WWE history.
It's a shame that it all came down to this....

YOUR Hero
06-26-2007, 08:47 PM
RIP Benoit?

No. I don't believe he deserves that.

Danny Electric
06-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Don't know what to say

As I said in the other thread it sickens me as a family man.

The guy must have been in a messed up place, I feel sick at the thought of the weekend in that house.
He must have been in his house with the dead bodies of his wife and his kid, it just doesn't compute in my head.

He took away the life of his young son with his life ahead of him.

I have to say rest in peace, but i don't want to.

His poor son for being in the same house with his dead mom :(

ford fairlane
06-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I hope you find peace chris and that one day you will find forgiveness from your wife and son in the next part of the journey.

The Miz
06-26-2007, 10:28 PM
lol you religious creeps never cease to amaze me

mrslackalack
06-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Benoit since his wrestling debut till last weeks ECW- a beloved respected wrestler

Benoit since the weekend- a complete waste of crap that is def rotting

Jeritron
06-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Chris who?

As far as I'm concerned the World title went from Triple H to Randy Orton in 2004.

Crimson
06-26-2007, 11:41 PM
My favorite Benoit moment was when he wrapped the cord around his neck and jumped off his weight machine.

Bad Company
06-26-2007, 11:52 PM
I still don't know what exactly to say. He was a Hero to me. Everything in my heart wants me to hate him. I will never forgive him for what he has done to his family, and it just shows how distanced from reality us Wrestling fans really are.

At the same time, I feel gutted. He was my favorite wrestler. Benoit was pretty much the only reason to watch WWE. I would fast forward most other matches on the card, but would always watch his. He brought an intensity to the ring that is unmatched. A crisp clean moveset, and, in a cartoon wrestling world, was one of the stars to show that actions can speak louder than words.
In my Opinion he was the greatest technical wrestler of my time. I had the honour of seeing him perform live from the front row, and it's something I'll never forget.

Chris, I hope you have found the peace you couldn't have in life.

Jeritron
06-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Remember when Cena made him tap to the STFU and everyone bitched....

That was great

redoneja
06-27-2007, 12:32 AM
I haven't posted anything previously on this subject and, after this, I won't post anything more. I have really nothing to say except that this whole event is the epitome of a tragedy.

Chris Beniot was a consistent favorite of mine since he debuted in WCW in the mid-90's. Yet, no matter his accomplishments, I cannot bring myself to celebrate his life or his career upon his passing. I don't care how great he was, the man took the life of an innocent woman and an innocent boy. His wife and child did not deserve this. To me, this has nothing to do with wrestling or Beniot's achievements. This is about a murderer, who just happened to have a career as a successful and popular wrestler. I will not celebrate his life any more than I would the life of some average joe who kills his family.

AdrianM
06-27-2007, 01:03 AM
I believe JT Kool said it best when he wrote this quote: "All that good you did, it's just been wiped away."

I have no sympathy towards you Chris Benoit. You're a monster.

I fucking loved you! I stopped watching wrestling at the start of 1995, watched a little bit in 1998, then started watching again in 2003. I remember seeing the survivor series match where I believe you were the sole survivor. Then Royal Rumble, and I was rooting for you the whole way. Finally, WMXX, you won the title, and I was overjoyed.

Now, all those fond memories are gone. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh or whatever, but you are a pathetic human being and I really wish I'd never seen you perform.

I feel sorry for your family, the members who are deceased, and the members who will be forever linked with the memory of a murderer. I feel sorry for the WWE, who are associated with you, and I feel sorry for your friends in the business, who loved and supported you.

I really don't feel its appropriate to say much more on the issue.

RIP: Nancy and Daniel

D Mac
06-27-2007, 01:12 AM
Are there no heroes you can trust anymore.

Thank you Chris, for now I don't believe in heroes anymore.

Pinnacle Charisma
06-27-2007, 02:37 AM
jack Bauer will never let u down Dmac

D Mac
06-27-2007, 04:08 AM
jack Bauer will never let u down Dmac

lol Acctually i'm shifting toward one Clark Kent of Smallville.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-27-2007, 04:13 AM
Chris Benoit wasn't an evil man, as far as I can tell. I could be wrong. From what people who did know him said though, I have a hard time picturing him as an evil man who could do this.

A sick man, maybe.

Some people will try to blame steroids, drugs, painkilers, etc. That could be it. For all we know, he could have hit his head wrong one day in a match, and it seriously fucked something up. The human brain is a fragile thing.

Personally, I find it far more likely that he became sick, as opposed to him being some sort of cold hearted killer. I'm a psychology major. I'm not claiming to be the end all, be all expert on the matter, but people get sick, and people do bad things. What they do during a time of sickness doesn't have to have any connection or relation to the type of person they were, or the type of life they lead.

Everyone is going to have their own thoughts on this. However, to those who want to rip apart the man for being a heartless killer, please stop to consider that there may be an alternate explanation. This wouldn't be the first time a sickness has caused something like this, and it won't be the last. If you want to honestly believe that Chris Benoit did this with his clear, everyday mind and beliefs, that's your choice. Personally, I find it very hard to believe that a normal thinking Chris Benoit, or a normal thinking person in general could do something like this.

The world isn't black and white. Don't forget that. This is, and will always be a gray area. It's not good, it's not evil. It's both, and it's neither.

In regards to his career, from the bottom of my heart, I don't feel this takes away from it. He was still a great wrestler, he still had great matches, and looking back, those matches won't be any less great. One of my favorite moments in wrestling was Chris and Eddie together at Mania. After I found out what happened, a picure of that became the background on my PC. That moment doesn't mean anything less to me knowing what I know now. In a sense, it means more. To me, it truly shows that life is fragile, and we don't know where the next day will take us.

RIP to Chris Benoit, Nancy, and Daniel.

Y2C
06-27-2007, 04:23 AM
I never liked him. Had no mic skills & in over 10 years couldn't come up with 1 decent gimmick apart from being a technical wrestler. He's put me to sleep watching him wrestle on many occasions, just like he put his own son to sleep.

Rest In Pieces you fucking cunt of a human being.

Theo Dious
06-27-2007, 08:20 AM

No, unfortunately, based on recent confirmation, it didn't.

I don't really know about heaven or hell, but my last shred of hope is that the man was totally out of his senses when he did this, and I don't really think God punishes those who are out of their faculties when they do these things. That's my last real hope here.

DCXtreme
06-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Hes in the ground thats where he is :)

Theo Dious
06-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Hes in a crime lab, thats where he is :)

YOUR Hero
06-27-2007, 09:59 AM
This post is in response partly to WWKD?'s

He doesn't have to be a calculating killer. Although maybe he was. I doubt it's because he banged his head and I doubt it was from 'roid rage. Although maybe it was. What I believe is he got desperate, that he didn't want to loose his wife and child. Nancy had filed for divorce, then dropped the proceedings. They had a troubled marriage and Chris was alleged to be violent during arguements. It's my belief his desperation coupled with his aggressive behavior when dealing with these matters caused him to take things too far. I don't believe on purpose, but maybe.
There are many case of murder-suicides that happen everywhere many times a year. People get desperate, end up killing the ones they love and then kill themselves. In some cases it turns out that it was calculated, but in most it is not.

RP
06-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Remember when Benoit put the crippla crossface on Nancy and she...died.

Erebus
06-27-2007, 12:52 PM
I can't really say anything here that hasn't already been said but...

Thank you Chris Benoit for the memories, and fuck you for tainting them with your selfish bullshit.

What Would Kevin Do?
06-27-2007, 02:48 PM
Hero.

It could very well be an aggressive behaviour coupled with depression. Depression is a sickness. I think it may have something more extreme, but it is possible.

Ultimately what i was saying was that I don't feel, or want to believe, that Benoit was in his right mind. If this was caused my some sort of mental illness or brain trauma however, I don't think that iBenoit as a person. Basically, a mental problem could have made an everyday, non-evil man, commit a very evil act.

I don't think Benoit is the evil person some people are making him out to be.

Volchok
06-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Lol this thread made me laugh.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 04:18 AM
It's my belief his desperation coupled with his aggressive behavior when dealing with these matters caused him to take things too far. I don't believe on purpose, but maybe.

I would love LOVE LLOOVVEE to believe anything similar to this that would make me hate him less than I do now.

An act of desperation + aggression = striking someone and unintentionally killing them. This is not on purpose.

An act of desperation + aggression = wanting them to stop screaming so you put your hand over their mouth/throat too hard and they unintentionally choke to death. This is not on purpose

An act of desperation + aggression DOES NOT = taking the time to tie up the mother of your child's hands, taking the time to tie up her feet and then having the time to recognize your actions and change your mind....yet taking more time to then strangle the life out of her. THIS IS DONE ON PURPOSE.

And even beyond that, if Nancy's death WAS accidental....there are over 100 million better options of handling that then proceeding to take the life of your 7 year old son and then taking your own life. It's not like he panicked and did it immediately following her death. Benoit took a WHOLE DAY to think about his situation and came to the conclusion that killing his son and himself was the best option.

Christ allmighty that is disgusting.

addy2hotty
06-28-2007, 04:58 AM
Jeritron really is putting his point across isn't he?

Next post - 'remember when they stripped Benoit of his title in WCW - the cunt deserved it'.

Jeritron
06-28-2007, 08:45 AM
nah. It was a joke. What point am I putting across, that the guy sucks? What point are you putting across, that you don't like me thinking that and referring to it?

I'll post what I like, if you have a problem with me posting my disgust deal with it. If you really pay attention, it's only done in the context of the discussion and not voiced any more frequently than others thoughts and opinions. And every time it's something new and relevant.

Remember when Addy2hotty bitched about me without having the balls to use my name and then kept bitching

Jeritron
06-28-2007, 08:54 AM
How often to people put across their opinions on how much they hate Cena? Or how much they want Jericho back? Or how great Rock was? Or how much of an asshole Vince is? Or how much TNA sucks? Or this or that or other meaningless shit?
So you got a problem with me putting forth my thoughts and opinions on an issue thats far more important and all over the place?

YOUR Hero
06-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I hear you Arnold of the Hams, but restraining someone to keep them from leaving isn't that big of a stretch. In fact I know it's something that happens. Anyway, like I said, maybe he was cold and calculating on it, no one will ever really know.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I hear you Arnold of the Hams, but restraining someone to keep them from leaving isn't that big of a stretch. In fact I know it's something that happens. Anyway, like I said, maybe he was cold and calculating on it, no one will ever really know.

Yeah, I know Hero. The fact that noone will ever really know is the part that will probably leave people speculating until the end of time on this one and is what makes it even harder to swallow. An evil man doing this sort of thing is unfathomable enough, let alone Chris fucking Benoit. I realize that there is alot of evil in the world, but when evil comes from someone that is as well respected, liked, looked up to and loved as this man...it's an even scarier view into the soul of what mankind is capable of. As much as it shocks all of his fans who never spent anytime with him or actually physically know him, it seems more of a shock to those that do. That's a testament to the quality of human being Benoit was up until this weekend. That's the part that just makes absolutely no sense.

Thing that I keep thinking though is, say you tie someone up with the sole intention of them not leaving and things get too far...wouldn't there be a moment of panic, remorse or anger? At the bare minimum, if things went too far and you "accidentally" killed the woman you love and are in the same house with her son...would you leave her tied up and laying in a puddle of her own blood? For over a day no less? He didn't untie her to consol her and cry, he didn't clean her up or try to hide the body from her son, hell...according to reports, nothing in the house was broken, so he didn't even break one single solitare item in a fit of rage at his own actions!

That right there to me shows that he meant to kill her, had no remorse and left her tied up and bleeding on the floor like he thought she deserved.

:nono:

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 10:33 AM
That right there to me shows that he meant to kill her, had no remorse and left her tied up and bleeding on the floor like he thought she deserved.

:nono:

It doesn't cross your mind that it just might be possible that after realizing what he had done, he couldn't even LOOK at her, let alone bring himself to touch her? You're really content to decide what he was thinking, man, and that's not a good thing.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:44 AM
It doesn't cross your mind that it just might be possible that after realizing what he had done, he couldn't even LOOK at her, let alone bring himself to touch her? You're really content to decide what he was thinking, man, and that's not a good thing.

I'm not content to decide what he was thinking, I'm just going by the facts provided. I'm even LESS FUCKING CONTENT to defend his actions, which IMO is even less of a good thing.

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm not content to decide what he was thinking, I'm just going by the facts provided. I'm even LESS FUCKING CONTENT to defend his actions, which IMO is even less of a good thing.

I don't know, it seems to me that just like some people will grasp at any reason to keep believing he was really a good person who wasn't truly responsible for what he did, you're looking for any reason to justify hating him.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Christ Darth, the guy massacred his entire fucking family! Why are people so apt to try and defend him, because he's famous? Because he's on TV? Nobody on this website actually knows Benoit, so for anyone to actually say that he isn't possibly capable of this behavior without some type of excuse is ABSOLUTELY ASININE.

I'm having trouble trying to comprehend it like the rest of you and I'm not insulting anyone for their opinions. I'm just stating my opinion and the fact that you seem to have a problem with me attacking the character of a man that just killed himself, his wife and his 7 year old child is disturbing to me and "not a good thing."

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:54 AM
I don't know, it seems to me that just like some people will grasp at any reason to keep believing he was really a good person who wasn't truly responsible for what he did, you're looking for any reason to justify hating him.

Yeah, what's not to hate? :roll:

I've stated before in another thread, Benoit represented everything in wrestling that I loved. Then he strangled his wife, choked his 7 year old son to death and then hung himself.

End of story.

Seems to me you're just picking fights with people on both sides of the fence just to build your post count and hear yourself bitch.

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Christ Darth, the guy massacred his entire fucking family! Why are people so apt to try and defend him, because he's famous? Because he's on TV? Nobody on this website actually knows Benoit, so for anyone to actually say that he isn't possibly capable of this behavior without some type of excuse is ABSOLUTELY ASININE.

And you're suggesting that he necessarily IS capable of it without some type of excuse is equally asinine. We weren't there. We didn't know him. Maybe he did it in total cold blood, maybe he was totally out of his mind, by his own fault or otherwise. We don't know. But a refusal to condemn him to hell is not equal to condoning what he did, and it's not trying to find an excuse. I'm not glorifying the man for what he did, nor am I condemning his soul for eternity, because I don't know. But you seem to have decided on what little we know about any of this that he is 100% responsible for his actions, and that's no more right than saying that it wasn't his fault at all. Neither of them is a truly informed opinion, both are just speculation.

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Yeah, what's not to hate? :roll:

I've stated before in another thread, Benoit represented everything in wrestling that I loved. Then he strangled his wife, choked his 7 year old son to death and then hung himself.

End of story.

Yeah, if that's everything, then fuck him and he can rot in hell. I can agree with that. But it's going to be weeks before we know the results of toxicology in this. That could lead to a number of extenuating circumstances that could shed different light on this.

I will eventually choose between "God what a senseless tragedy for all concerned" and "fuck you Benoit I hope Lucifer roasts your nuts over the hottest fires of hell." I'm not ready to do that yet, because if it turns out that I made the wrong choice there, I'm going to have a pretty hard time dealing with myself.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 11:04 AM

I'm all for looking for a reason to justify him killing his wife. My justification for hating him is from there, he then killed his innocent son as he lied in his bed.

You can base your justification system as you like, but that's enough for me to hate a man.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 11:10 AM
And you're suggesting that he necessarily IS capable of it without some type of excuse is equally asinine. We weren't there. We didn't know him. Maybe he did it in total cold blood, maybe he was totally out of his mind, by his own fault or otherwise. We don't know. But a refusal to condemn him to hell is not equal to condoning what he did, and it's not trying to find an excuse. I'm not glorifying the man for what he did, nor am I condemning his soul for eternity, because I don't know. But you seem to have decided on what little we know about any of this that he is 100% responsible for his actions, and that's no more right than saying that it wasn't his fault at all. Neither of them is a truly informed opinion, both are just speculation.

Yeah, it is all speculation, I agree. Personal opinion, but I just believe it's less asinine to blame a man for his own actions after taking the life of three people, than it is to defend him. The most asinine thing to me, is you standing on the fence and flaming people on both sides.

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm not looking for justifications for murder, I'm looking for the answer to whether or not he was in a right and sane frame of mind when he killed his wife. You seem to be able to accept that there MIGHT have been an explanation for that; that he COULD have been out of his mind at that point. You don't think that maybe, after slowly regaining his senses, the reality of what he had just done crashing over him wouldn't have been enough to knock him back into a state of insanity long enough for him to do another horrifying act?

Right now both possibilities are open in my mind; the out-of-his-mind possibility, and the cold-blooded possibility. What I don't like is anyone making up their mind either way at this juncture. If nothing else is added to the case when everything is totally wrapped up, I will have to accept that Benoit was a despicable, unforgivable bastard that destroyed three lives in the most cowardly way possible. Or there might be something else at work. But don't make it so easy to condemn someone, for your own sake.

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah, it is all speculation, I agree. Personal opinion, but I just believe it's less asinine to blame a man for his own actions after taking the life of three people, than it is to defend him. The most asinine thing to me, is you standing on the fence and flaming people on both sides.

But... I can see my house from up here. :(

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah, if that's everything, then fuck him and he can rot in hell. I can agree with that. But it's going to be weeks before we know the results of toxicology in this. That could lead to a number of extenuating circumstances that could shed different light on this.

I will eventually choose between "God what a senseless tragedy for all concerned" and "fuck you Benoit I hope Lucifer roasts your nuts over the hottest fires of hell." I'm not ready to do that yet, because if it turns out that I made the wrong choice there, I'm going to have a pretty hard time dealing with myself.

That's fine and I respect your opinion on that. I just don't understand why you've decided to take the "high and mighty" road with it and pass judgement on people who have already made up their minds.

The toxicology reports don't matter to me personally. Because anything that Benoit had in his body that may or may have not caused this, he made a concious decision as a grown man to do so. IMO, that means there is no escaping the blame falling squarely on his shoulders one way or the other.

It's also my opinion that the speculation of whether or not he had any justification PALES in comparison to the speculation of what his wife and son could have done with the rest of their lives.

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 11:30 AM
That's fine and I respect your opinion on that. I just don't understand why you've decided to take the "high and mighty" road with it and pass judgement on people who have already made up their minds.

I'm not trying to pass judgment on anyone, I'm just trying to warn against premature conclusions.

The toxicology reports don't matter to me personally. Because anything that Benoit had in his body that may or may have not caused this, he made a concious decision as a grown man to do so. IMO, that means there is no escaping the blame falling squarely on his shoulders one way or the other.

Ok, suppose, for a moment, that instead of the prescribed, legal drugs he was supposed to have gotten, some horrible mistake resulted in him getting something he should not have had that triggered a psychotic reaction that led to a man with already pent-up hostilities going completely nuts? Is that likely? Probably not. Possible? No idea. It's precisely because of all of the things I don't know that I'm opposed to the judgments. Am I hanging onto the last shred of hope that maybe this will turn out to be a case of tragedy rather than evil? ...hell yes I am.

It's also my opinion that the speculation of whether or not he had any justification PALES in comparison to the speculation of what his wife and son could have done with the rest of their lives.

That, I agree with. Come on, gimme a hug.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm not trying to pass judgment on anyone, I'm just trying to warn against premature conclusions.

I should have you talk to my girlfriend.

Oh wait, you said "conclusions." Nevermind.

:shifty:

Ok, suppose, for a moment, that instead of the prescribed, legal drugs he was supposed to have gotten, some horrible mistake resulted in him getting something he should not have had that triggered a psychotic reaction that led to a man with already pent-up hostilities going completely nuts? Is that likely? Probably not. Possible? No idea. It's precisely because of all of the things I don't know that I'm opposed to the judgments. Am I hanging onto the last shred of hope that maybe this will turn out to be a case of tragedy rather than evil? ...hell yes I am.

That's highly unlikely, but fair enough. Hell, I don't care if they tell me Aliens abducted him and analy probed him into psychosis...I'll share that last shred of hope with you too! I guess I just see the glass half empty because the rest spilled on three dead bodies.

That, I agree with. Come on, gimme a hug.

:love:

This whole thing is just a mind fuck. I don't blame anyone for how they are reacting.

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 12:34 PM
You know what saddens me? Just about the last thing I ever posted about Benoit in his lifetime was how he would sometimes do a diving headbutt while visibly aroused.

I blame him for that. :mad:

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 12:45 PM
You know what saddens me? Just about the last thing I ever posted about Benoit in his lifetime was how he would sometimes do a diving headbutt while visibly aroused.

I blame him for that. :mad:

Well maybe that's it. A snapped penis could cause psychosis in any man.

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Get the authorities on this right now.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Get the authorities on this right now.

EXTRA! EXTRA!

"Penis Snaps and Kills Three in Atlanta!"

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Good lord.

This is going to become known as "CPS."

Canadian Penis Syndrome.

Gertner
04-10-2011, 10:36 PM
hahaha SWERVE!

DrA
04-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Almost four years later and this thread still manages to jerk at my heart strings.