PDA

View Full Version : So what now for WWE's direction, and will we ever know....

Mooияakeя™
06-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Ok, after the madness of yesterday etc. I was wondering. Vince was the man on Monday, I was fully behind what he did and think it was fitting to the career of Benoit.

But now the the backbone of the WWE's summer has gone (the who-dunnit? storyline), what will be the new angle now? I mean, people were drafted, perhaps with this angle in mind. WWE obviously had plans for Benoit. Now Nitro is having his push as a champ so soon.

Will we go back to Cena just writing people off with his όber FU each week? - In one way, it's interesting to see what new storylines will take over and at least we ain't gotta sit thru "lets take a look at this shocking footage that happened to Mr. McMahon" every half hour.

and the eternal question... Will it ever get leaked at who were the main suspects in the who killed Vince angle, and ultimately who would it have been?

CSL
06-26-2007, 04:33 PM
<font color=white>It'll come out eventually who was supposed to be behind the McMahon thing. I still believe it was gonna turn out he faked it, despite the 'DNA'.</font>

Mooияakeя™
06-26-2007, 04:41 PM
I hope it will. It leaked that Eddie was booked to win the title too didn't it? I'm sure Benoit was up for a win Sunday. So it would be nice to hear how it was gonna go. Especially as they'd invested so much into it.

Impeccable
06-26-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm hoping we get an unexpected title run now, that will garner some interest in the product again. But if in doubt, stick to what you know and have John Cena uber FU everyone. At least this way, it'll keep the kids interested.

I doubt we'll find out anything about McMahon's "death angle". I hope we never do on the back of what's happened. I hope it's dropped.

I also think Vince and WWE handled Monday night perfectly.

Mooияakeя™
06-26-2007, 04:51 PM
BTW, I didn't mean on TV to find out, I mean like Meltzer reporting the where the angle was meant to go etc.

Stickman
06-26-2007, 04:52 PM
I hope they get to pushing guys who deserve a push instead of guys with "the look" and nothing more.

Mooияakeя™
06-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah, looks like one piece already came out, that was to have Linda "arrested" then released without charged after the "feds" go it wrong.

FourFifty
06-26-2007, 05:51 PM
I think that life will go on. Because it was a double murder-suicide no great honors will be bestowed on Benoit. Maybe they'll put him in the Hall of Fame in a few years, but not this year. I'd like to see a two hour tribute to Vince, cram in a lot of stuff to make up for a lost week of programing, and drop back 20 and punt.
The only sure thing about show, and life, is it must go on.

#BROKEN Hasney
06-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Benoit will never be all the hall of fame.

If he does go in, it will be the same day as Shane Douglas and Repo Man.

Mercury Bullet
06-26-2007, 07:46 PM
If Pete Rose can't get into the baseball HOF for gambling, Benoit shouldn't for murdering his family.

Corkscrewed
06-26-2007, 10:00 PM
^ Ya know, that's exactly what I've been saying yesterday and today. If Rose was punished for gambling, you've gotta think that Benoit deserves even harsher non-recognition.

Yeah, that sounds kinds obvious.

Removing pretty much every trace of Benoit on WWE.com (save the news bits) is a start. He'll pretty much become the [murderous] black sheep of the entire wrestling community and history.

mrslackalack
06-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Its just creepy that WWE does a death angle and then in 2 weeks you have a top diva of the late 80s and early 90s die and then the worst wrestling tragedy.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2007, 01:20 AM
I said this somewhere earlier, but I hope this isn't the way karma works. Vince upsets the universe with a tasteless death angle (at least to many, I had no problem with it), so the universe takes Sherri Martel, Chris Benoit, Nancy Benoit and Daniel Benoit, just to balance things out.

As for the direction of the WWE, I hope they do go with pushing talented performers, instead of just the guys they are hard on. I mean, I hate to bring up another tragedy, but it just dawned on me in this sense today: If the WWE didn't have Owen Hart play a superhero, he would probably still be alive. If he was allowed to be the wrestler he trained to be, he could be headlining WWE events to this day.

And with the WWE breaking down kayfabe by revealing Vince McMahon is alive and well, I wish the WWE would develop a more realistic product, with talent being elevated based on their abilities, and the storylines being based more in reality than a car bomb, or something of the like.

Impeccable
06-27-2007, 02:30 AM
It looks like the pushing of talented individuals is starting to happen. Nitro may have won the title in uncertain circumstances, but still it means he's getting a deserved push. ECW seems to be the place where a star is made and then drafted onto Raw or Smackdown.

Mooияakeя™
06-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Wonder what JBL feels now after saying "Here you are seeing a sure-fire future hall of famer" at least 5 times during each Benoit match?

Stickman
06-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Maybe I'm just cold but I wouldn't care if he went in the hall of fame or not. The guy was amazing in the ring.

Mooияakeя™
06-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Looks like here in the UK, we were lucky to see RAW as its' not going out anywhere else, I think it was the right thing to do.

Mr. Nerfect
06-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Mr. Moonraker, your user title is brilliant. Val Venis for Grand Slam, indeed. Even if he just wins the WWE Title as a fluke before he retires as a thank you. That would be amazing. :love:

I like what the WWE has going on in ECW. I think something like it would be great on RAW. Mr. Kennedy and Jeff Hardy getting inserted into the main event scene would not be so bizarre not that Nitro's taken the step. Carlito getting the nudge wouldn't be too odd, either. His brother, Eddie, is on the way to the WWE, and if reports are true, he's even more impressive than Carlito, and has the passion for the business.

William Regal is deserving of it, too, but I'd move him to ECW to take Chris Benoit's place. Regal is great in the ring, and entertainment. Why the WWE has not used him better is beyond me.

On SmackDown!'s side, Matt Hardy getting elevated is a pretty obvious deal as things stand (a feud with Edge not only helps Matt, but it allows Jeff to climb to main event status, too, as he and Matt are associated in terms of ability). Chavo Guerrero seems to have fan sympathy at present, and maybe the WWE could finally get off their ass and push the guy as something meangingful. Is he small? Yeah, but so is Rey Mysterio, who Chavo put on the shelf in kayfabe terms. An upper mid-card feud between the two would be crazy fun. In a less political world, upper mid-card and main event are damn near interchangeable by the week.

Chris Masters, regardless of how you feel about him, has main evented before. Is it too early to make the guy a full-time main eventer? Maybe. But it's not too soon to start making him mean something, and trying to use him as a bit of an asset. Masters has shown he is willing to learn, and with a lot of veterans on the roster, he could do just that. I think a face turn for Masters would be appropriate right now. Chris Masters could be an important supporting player in SmackDown!'s current scene.

Stickman
06-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Chris Masters, regardless of how you feel about him, has main evented before. Is it too early to make the guy a full-time main eventer? Maybe. But it's not too soon to start making him mean something, and trying to use him as a bit of an asset. Masters has shown he is willing to learn, and with a lot of veterans on the roster, he could do just that. I think a face turn for Masters would be appropriate right now. Chris Masters could be an important supporting player in SmackDown!'s current scene.

If they cut back hard on the steriods I doubt we see him.

Mooияakeя™
06-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Alienoid, as ever I got a cup of tea before I read ur post but agreed with some of it. notably the Regal part and of course, The Big Valbowski.

However, no matter what happens, I jsut can't take to masters. I don't like his moveset, his finisher bores me (I really think it wouldn't if it was someone else), his matches are shit, he's 'roided up to fuck (in turn, he look strange), he's got no charisma, his entrance sux, his music is wank.

FUCK I REALLY HATE HIM. - Maybe he's great in real life, but in the world of the WWE, I really don't give a flying fuck about him.

On top of that, keeping kayfabe, Masters would never make a face now. I think people realise just how shit he really is and would not take to him. FFS, they only boo him as a heel cos he's just, well, shit.

Boondock Saint
06-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Alienoid, as ever I got a cup of tea before I read ur post

LOL

06-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Wow, I disagree with the 'Noid about something. :?:

I can't possibly see Chris Masters as a face. I'm just not sure what to do with him...and they barely know what to do with him outside of giving people the Masterlock.

Although, I'm baiting you to hear ideas about it. :lol:

Sepholio
06-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Mr. Rose is not simply banned from the HoF, he is banned from his entire sport. The reason is that he broke a rule specifically outlined in the baseball rule book.

Now, if you can show me, in writing, a rule that says a murderer can not be inducted into the WWE HoF, then, you can use Pete Rose as an example.

addy2hotty
06-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Chris Masters is guaranteed to lose mass over the next few months. Just like after Eddie died.

It'll come back though. Once the eyes have stopped looking from outside.

Mooияakeя™
07-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Well, this can be locked. The almight Matt Boone has provided us with the information that:

"The conclusion of the McMahon death angle would have saw Vince McMahon returning to television to reveal that he faked his death. Believe it or not, last week’s Raw would have featured a false arrest of Linda McMahon"

http://www.tpww.net/headlines/1183395205.html

and don't forget:

Lillian and Chyna get naked. OMFG!!!111 click here for picz!!!111337h4x0r (http://www.thecakestore.co.uk/)