PDA

View Full Version : Why do you hate John Cena?

chrisat928
06-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Well?

Londoner
06-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Pushed to the top too soon with the wrong gimmick/far too long as champ and its become a joke now.

Sadistic
06-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Because I'm only entertained when he's being booed.

James Steele
06-27-2007, 08:12 PM
He annoys me. He overacts in everything. His facial expressions always look like he is taking a massive shit. His voice is always changing and just generally annoying. He looks annoying. I never was a mark for the guy and his wrestling skills suck ass, but he is not the worst guy out there. The "superman gimmick" isn't helping him either.

KingofOldSchool
06-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Two words.

Vanilla...babyface.

Kane Knight
06-27-2007, 08:15 PM
The internet told me to.

McLegend
06-27-2007, 08:18 PM
I like Cena the wrester, and I like his promos, but yeah him winning all the time and overcoming the odds has gotten kind of old.

addy2hotty
06-27-2007, 08:19 PM
He's mediocre. In every aspect of his performance. And boring too.

Has not evolved his character. If anything, he's devolved it. Fuck, they showed the Rumble match from nearly 4 years ago on Monday and he's still doing the same shit now. I hate this Marine thing, this wigger thing and the fact he doesn't EVER wear the title belt. Oh yeah, the belt, I fucking hate that too - thats his fault. He can't rap, or act and he looks like a blow up doll.

He quite clearly thinks that he's 'it', and he's not. I hate him more than Randy Orton, and thats saying a lot. He hates that the crowd boo him when he should embrace it or play up to it, but such are his limitations and fear of losing the top spot - he doesn't. Because he's a pussy.

McLegend
06-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Cena actually recently just wore the belt. It might have been last Raw(meaning last week).

I only say this becasue that really surprised me.

addy2hotty
06-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Cena actually recently just wore the belt. It might have been last Raw(meaning last week).

I only say this becasue that really surprised me.

I'm that surprised that I won't believe it unless faced with photographic evidence. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Xero
06-27-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm that surprised that I won't believe it unless faced with photographic evidence. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Here's your photographic evidence...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/cenatardoshop.jpg

100% REALZ!

addy2hotty
06-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Here's your photographic evidence...

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g122/sandman3g/Wrestling/cenatardoshop.jpg

100% REALZ!

Matt Boone is writing the headlines already :lol: :lol:

IC Champion
06-27-2007, 08:32 PM
He annoys me. He overacts in everything. His facial expressions always look like he is taking a massive shit. His voice is always changing and just generally annoying. He looks annoying. I never was a mark for the guy and his wrestling skills suck ass, but he is not the worst guy out there. The "superman gimmick" isn't helping him either.
I can't really think of what else to add.....

IC Champion
06-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Also, he appears to be on steriods.

Kane Knight
06-27-2007, 09:10 PM
I suspect he killed Benoit's family. As a Marine, he has the requisite skills.

IC Champion
06-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Why haven't you taken up a career in some feild of Law Enforcement KK, I know it's currupt, but you can be the man to make a real difference.

Kane Knight
06-27-2007, 09:14 PM
You say it's corrupt like it's a bad thing.

Skippord
06-27-2007, 09:15 PM
I suspect he killed Benoit's family. As a Marine, he has the requisite skills.
I think it was Kane...they didnt say there werent any large hook wounds in the bodies

IC Champion
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Well it isn't if your on the Republican's side of the fence/

Kane Knight
06-27-2007, 09:17 PM
They pay me to sit around and not solve crimes. Who can complain?

IC Champion
06-27-2007, 09:19 PM
True, then why the hell don't you?

06-27-2007, 09:27 PM
I actually don't mind Cena at the moment and was happy to see him come out on ECW.

But that's probably because he's not Chris Benoit.

Call me in a couple of weeks and we'll see how I feel. :cool:

Edit: I'll probably redevelop the burning hatred quickly.

06-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Ahh Classic, you took my negative rep cherry...I'll never for get you.

And actually, it was kind of clunky and I didn't really feel anything.

Ninti the Mad
06-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Because his matches are predictable and boring but I will put more emphasis of blame on the WWE 'creative' staff.

IC Champion
06-27-2007, 11:36 PM
It's late and im bored so....

K4L

St. Jimmy
06-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Piss boring and bland in and out of the ring.

redoneja
06-27-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't hate Cena. He's just boring.

Xero
06-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Because he's gray.

Dorkchop
06-28-2007, 12:07 AM
I don't like him because his wrestling skills are poor, and it seems like they've only gotten sloppier. I remember when his spinning out back drop powerbomb actually looked like a spinning out back drop powerbomb. Now it looks like a shitty backdrop, with a slight turn.

He has tons of charisma, but can't sell an injury. I don't hate the guy, but I definitely don't love him, and got kind of sick of him right around the time he won the belt at Wrestlemania 21. It's only gotten worse.

Shadow
06-28-2007, 12:13 AM
I like Cena the wrester, and I like his promos, but yeah him winning all the time and overcoming the odds has gotten kind of old.

FourFifty
06-28-2007, 12:45 AM
BCUZ ITS KOOL 2 H8 CENA!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!111!!!11!!!one!1!

Seriously, I think he sucks because he's being pushed too fast, and is a great heel. The thing is as a face I just don't care for him.... Since I'm not reacting, that's a bad thing.
Turn him heel and I'll become a Cena mark in 3.4 seconds.

Jordan
06-28-2007, 12:54 AM
I dont hate him at all, I think he is the best in the WWE right now actually.

Kane Knight
06-28-2007, 01:36 AM
BCUZ ITS KOOL 2 H8 CENA!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!111!!!11!!!one!1!

Seriously, I think he sucks because he's being pushed too fast, and is a great heel. The thing is as a face I just don't care for him.... Since I'm not reacting, that's a bad thing.
Turn him heel and I'll become a Cena mark in 3.4 seconds.

Or don't turn him heel. Let him be a thug. Or even just give him two or three more moves. Or have him freestyle again.

Mr. Nerfect
06-28-2007, 03:29 AM
I was one of the few who liked him back when he was on SmackDown! wearing his bi-coloured wrestling attire. Everyone used to say he was boring, but he had talent. Then the WWE took away all his wrestling ability and replaced it with bland babyface offence. His ring style is boring, and doesn't play to Cena's strengths at all.

His punches look ridiculous. The guy is a tank, but it's obvious he grew up in the rich 'burbs. His selling is awful, too. He tries to hard to emote, and he is awful at it. Even little things like getting his foot on the rope are done poorly. It's as if he is trying to be a showman, instead of being a showman.

I also hate what he wears in his matches. Shouldn't a WWE Champion pride himself on being a wrestler? He goes out there wearing shorts. It just doesn't fit, in my opinion. Austin wore jean-shorts, too, but when it came time to wrestle, he looked like he had grown up in the business, and wasn't some alien who had just waltzed in and become "the best" the WWE had to offer.

I was in the minority against John Cena originally winning the WWE Championship when he did, because I thought he was going down the wrong path, and winning the title would completely take away any edge to his character that was left after he lost so much momentum during his 2004 US Title reigns. The last time the guy felt right was probably around WrestleMania XX, where he defeated a former Mania main eventer in Big Show, but had to cheat to really get the job done.

Since then, there has been no real development in John Cena, other than we are meant to buy him as the top guy. Well, almost three years have passed, and guess what, no one does. Sure, the women and little kids love him, but for a guy meant to be the next Austin or Hogan, he's done so very little to draw in new fans.

Oh, and Cena's promo skills are vastly overrated. Cena can talk with deliberation, but has very low real articulation. I don't feel anything from his promos, even when he is screaming at his target. I think I am meant to take soft-skinned, blue-eyed, waxed-chest Cena seriously, like he's some kind of badass, or something. It just doesn't click with me, though.

I wish he would stop coming out looking like his biggest fan, as well. He has his cap on, his wristbands, his arm warmers, the "Champ is Here" vibrator brandished. It just feels wrong. I like it when wrestlers wear their own shirt, but for them to wear their own socks? He seems like such a tool.

NoRoolz
06-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Cena as a mid-carder would be fine.

He shouldn't be a main-eventer, his wrestling skills are way under-par, he's boring, his gimmick is stale and he gets booed way too much to be a babyface. And his finisher is awful. Plenty of more capable superstars are being fed to him in 2 star matches that are about the best Cena can pull off.

Cena V Khali headlining a P.P.V is plain awful.

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 08:45 AM
He kicked my dog. :rant:

Also -

Jeritron
06-28-2007, 08:52 AM
I don't hate him, I hate how he's booked

Tommy Gunn
06-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I don't hate him, I'm just tired of his superman push. To be honest I don't mind Cena whatsoever, it's the way he is booked and the finishes the WWE writes for his matches are so predictable.

The WWE Title picture is non existent. Cena just get's fed an upper midcarder once a month for nourishment.

Stickman
06-28-2007, 12:45 PM
It's cuz he sucks. Everybody in this thread basically said what I feel.

Innovator
06-28-2007, 12:57 PM
He was screwed the minute they booked the WWE Title match against JBL. He should have been bleeding, JBL should have been bleeding, it should have been a brawl all around the arena. Thats what JBL did best as champ, brawl. We get a 10 minute wrestling match where JBL wears him down, then FU, new champ. The pop wasn't that great when he won the match. Then he moved to RAW and instead of getting over as this renegade force and bad ass, he kisses up to Vince with getting rid of Bishoff, starts wearing his own merchandise instead of the throwbacks.

He's been fighting an uphill battle since 2005. He definitely works hard with what he has. With that said, half the stuff he does in the ring is campy. The FU has no impact and in the STFU he doesn't even grab the guy's neck half the time. The way he's booked has killed the entire main event scene besides for the already established guys like HBK and HHH.

Any change to his character would be welcomed. Just no more "against all odds Cena retains" stuff that makes me bash my head against a wall.

Mooияakeя™
06-28-2007, 02:11 PM
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8549/cenaboozj8.png

Russenmafia
06-28-2007, 04:30 PM
I just hate the way the guy is booked. Takes a hiding in every match, then hits the five knuckle shuffle and then the FU and wins. The guy is Superman and it pisses me off.

Jordan
06-28-2007, 04:34 PM
PLAYA HATASSSSS

SammyG
06-28-2007, 04:36 PM
I like John Cena. Always have.

jnb3599
06-28-2007, 10:25 PM
For any posters on here who are in the 25-30 age range do you ever get that feeling that Cena is this generation's Hogan recycled? When you were kids you always knew Hogan was gonna win... Didn't matter if it was a big bohemoth type like Bundy(1986 version of Khali) or someone who could easily outwrestle Hogan like Mr. Perfect(1991 version of Egde, Orton, or any other guy with a more vast move set than Cena's 5). You just knew even then that somehow no matter how beat up he got, and how poorly Hogan sold the injuries he would somehow do his 5 moves at the end and win. Punch, Punch ,Big Boot, Bodyslam, Legdrop (1985-1993's version of punch, punch, 5 knuckle shuffle, STFU, FU)

I think alot of you guys hit the nail on the head maybe it's not the guy that bugs us, its the bad booking of making a guy who we know has only charisma, mediocre mic skills, and limited in ring ability(like Hogan) seem to be impossible to beat while we sit and watch guys who deserve the strap fall by the wayside and don't even get title shots. And to me what's really missing is a rivalry, Cena has never really had one, his stuff with Show was nice for a bit, but he's gone. Where is the Piper to his Hogan? Or what might be nice is a manager coming in (why don't we have managers anymore) andforming a stable to take him out.

I think a little piece for me too is the setting in of Mcmahon knowing he doesn't have any real competition now so he can go back to marathon world title reigns and not worry about keeping a fresh champion like back during the monday night wars. Cena has held the title for basically 23 of the last 26 months. it's too long IMO.

And like someone else mentioned the really bad gimmick, who rips off marky mark wahlberg for his wrestling gimmick, a geeked up, white rapper from massachusettes who wears baggy shorts with his calvins on display... its bush league. i mean for a US title run it works, but only as a heel that everyone loves to boo when he wore throwbacks of rival teams in the arenas.

I think everyone hit it right on the head, he needs a new gimmick, less superman, and needs some time off to see if anyone will appreciate it if he is gone.

Stickman
06-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Nope, the guy bugs me too. I doubt the "Marine" shit, the squeeky voice, constipated face and crappy wrestling ability is made up by the bookers.

Juan
06-29-2007, 05:20 PM
For me, it's the fact that's he's lost probably 3 or 4 times since WrestleMania XX.

:mad: :mad:

Funky Fly
06-29-2007, 05:48 PM
I don't hate Cena. I just hate the direction his character's taken since he won the WWE Title. He used to be a solid character with a little depth and rivalries that were more than just "Cena gets jumped, Cena retains title". He had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand.

Then he won the title. Then his marketability to women and kids becomes evident. Then they turned him into a bland cash cow Hogan '07 wanna be.

Makes me cry a little.

NeanderCarl
06-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Five Questions for The Champ. Didn't mind him until then. Man, he is SO obnoxious.

He's going to be one hell of a heel, down the line.

Favre4Ever
07-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Heres what sucks about John Cena. When WWE started going in a really stupid direction with his character, alot of people caught on a decided they didnt like it, so they were going to boo him. People started digging deeper and finding more things they didnt like about him, and all of a sudden booing John Cena had caught on just as quickly as saying "What?" in between Stone Cold's sentences.

We unwittingly gave John Cena the title "Controversial", and WWE thinks they can cash in on it. The reason I boo Cena now is because I see that now that the WWE knows they can keep getting reactions with Cena as a face, he'll stay that way forever. His mediocrity is gonna get jammed down our throats for a long time to come, and it really sucks. It makes me not want guys like Angle and Lesnar to come back to the company- cause they'd be getting jobbed out to, and it would be almost as hard to watch as the Main Event of Mania 23.

Mooияakeя™
07-02-2007, 11:45 AM
OK, something that made me think he could have taken on a valet...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ii3sVU-zwoY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ii3sVU-zwoY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

NeanderCarl
07-02-2007, 07:40 PM
OK, something that made me think he could have taken on a valet...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ii3sVU-zwoY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ii3sVU-zwoY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Awful. Just awful.

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm hoping that Jonathan Coachman rewards William Regal for running the show this week by giving him a WWE Title match next week. It would be too much to ask for Regal to win the belt, but at least it'd be another good match from Cena. His work with Johnny Nitro made me hate him less.

They really need to think about switching the belt, though. I think the best choice for WWE Champion right now is King Booker. Have Booker win the belt, and put him in a program with Triple H when he returns.