PDA

View Full Version : Benoit Tragedy articles - does this change your opinion of anything?

Marc the Smark
06-28-2007, 12:45 AM
The two articles below are from a site called "Wrestling News World."

Benoit may have believed family was 'better off in heaven'
By Eliza Barlow, SUN MEDIA

Chris Benoit may have been so depressed that he believed his family would be “better off in heaven” when he allegedly murdered his wife and son before killing himself, says an expert on murder-suicide.
WWE wrestler Benoit, his wife Nancy and son Daniel, 7, were found dead Monday in their suburban Atlanta home.

Local police are treating the case as a murder-suicide.

Dr. John Bradford, associate chief of the integrated forensic program for the Royal Ottawa Health Care Group, said murder-suicides that wipe out a family are most often carried out by the father.

“The most usual cause is a major depression, normally a severe one with psychotic features,” said Bradford, also a professor of forensic psychiatry at the University of Ottawa.

“They sort of start to think, in this psychotic thinking, that the whole family would be better off in heaven ... That, ‘This is a horrible place, I think we’d all be better off dead.’”

Psychiatrists commonly refer to murder-suicide as “extended suicide,” when the killer decides life is not worth living, he said.

Police in Georgia say they will be investigating whether steroid use was a factor in the case.

Prescription anabolic steroids were found in the home.

Bradford said steroid use carries “a lot of baggage” when it comes to psychiatric health because the drugs alter brain and body chemistry.

“People that abuse steroids carry with them an increase risk of rage and rage attacks. There’s also an increased risk of depression, so it’s kind of a double whammy.”

Dads who decide to kill their kids often turn to methods such as smothering because they don’t want the children to suffer, said Bradford.

Chris Benoit Saw Physician Hours Before Killing His Wife
Written by Ryan Gray on Jun 27, 2007 - 4:46:52 PM

The Associated Press released the following story:

Professional wrestler Chris Benoit met with his personal physician hours before he allegedly killed his wife and son and then hanged himself in his basement, the doctor said Wednesday.

"He was in my office on Friday to stop by just to see my staff," said Dr. Phil Astin of metro Atlanta. "He certainly didn't show any signs of any distress or rage or anything."

Authorities say Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son Daniel and placed a Bible next to their bodies before hanging himself with a weight-machine pulley over the weekend. No motive was offered for the killings, which were spread out over the weekend and discovered Monday.

Astin, who said he was Benoit's longtime friend and physician, said he had prescribed testosterone to Benoit because he suffered from low amounts of the hormone. He said the condition likely originated from previous steroid use. He would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed the day of the meeting.

"I'm still very surprised and shocked, especially with his child Daniel involved," said Benoit. "He worshipped his child."

Investigators said Benoit's 43-year-old wife was strangled Friday with what appeared to be a cable in an upstairs family room, and her feet and wrists were bound and there was blood under her head, indicating a possible struggle. Daniel was probably killed late Saturday or early Sunday, and his body was found in his bed, the district attorney said.

Before the killings, the family was struggling with how to care for the child, who suffered from a rare medical condition called Fragile X Syndrome, an inherited form of mental retardation often accompanied by autism, said Jerry McDevitt, an attorney for World Wrestling Entertainment.

"Him and Nancy were clearly struggling about this whole issue, about how to take care of Daniel," said McDevitt.

"I don't know what he confronted when he went back into the house," he said. "No one really knows that. We'll have to see. Clearly this issue of the son was a stressor on both of their relationships for some time."

District Attorney Scott Ballard said the autopsy indicated that there were no bruise marks on his neck, so authorities are now assuming he could have been killed using a choke hold. "It's a process of elimination," he said.

Anabolic steroids were found in Benoit's home, leading officials to wonder whether the drugs may have caused the muscle man nicknamed the "Canadian Crippler" to kill his wife and child and then himself.

The WWE, based in Stamford, Conn., issued a news release Tuesday evening saying steroids "were not and could not be related to the cause of death" and that the findings indicate "deliberation, not rage." It also added that Benoit tested negative April 10, the last time he was tested for drugs.

"The drugs they had found in there, including the steroids, were all pursuant to legitimate prescription. We know they know which doctor prescribed it," McDevitt said. "There's no question, none of these drugs are out there, none of these drugs came from Internet pharmacies."

While steroids can cause the paranoia and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage," the drug is also associated with deep and lengthy bouts of depression.

"Just as you have the extreme high of when you're on steroids, you can get the opposite," said Dr. Todd Schlifstein, a clinical assistant professor at the New York University School of Medicine. "You can have a dramatic difference in mood swings. You can feel there's no hope, there's no future."

Corkscrewed
06-28-2007, 01:15 AM
As crazy as it sounds, the "family might be better off in heaven" thing is something I've heard tossed around a lot before. And it would be a good motive for Benoit's actions... if he was... ya know... actually religious. [/John Stewart tone]

Kane Knight
06-28-2007, 01:27 AM
No.

Ruien
06-28-2007, 01:50 AM
Well he still was a good wrsetler. I never had thought of him outside the ring to be honest, but now I will say I have no respect for him OUTSIDE the ring. But I never had any for the fact I never cared that much about him, to learn more than what he put into the ring.

As I say that, to me Benoit was just the guy I loved to see but I found very dull for some reason. Never knew why, but I know it came when he was with Shane and never could get the title after so many tries.

FakeLaser
06-28-2007, 01:53 AM
This totally absolves him of everything!

darkpower
06-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Well, I can safely say that I can still respect his in ring ability regardless. That can never change with me, personal life and issues aside (I'm just good enough to seperate the professional with the personal).

That being said, there can be some cause for concern (as if there wasn't as it is) if TOO many reports come out. We already have these, and that food poisoning story I posted in the main thread about this issue, and God knows what else they might try to tell us.

Seriously, there seems to be a different report every half hour in the business day, and they HAVE to conflict and contradict some other report at SOME point. They need to be careful and make sure they don't say anything that will really fuck something up in the case royally.

darkpower
06-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Oh, and if he did it in cold blood (i.e.: premeditaded, planned out), then yes, he would be deserving of the lashings he's getting from most of us here (I'm about the only one in holdout at this point). But if his mind was in a state of meltdown, then there might be reason to think that it could be understandable as to what exactly happened. Not making it right, but just a bit more acceptable, if at all possible.

Londoner
06-28-2007, 02:53 AM
Yes i was thinking it was to do with stress/depression+ the roids may have played a part in it. Either way you look at it though, he's still a murderer. If we start forgiving murderers then thats a dangerous path to go down.

Vastardikai
06-28-2007, 02:58 AM
My theory at this time is that Nancy's death was a domestic dispute gone terribly wrong. He realizes what he did, and tries to figure a way out of it. He decides, in a panic, he doesn't want to live, and his boy is too sick to be trusted in the care of a stranger. Thus, the thing with his son and his suicide.

I am not absolving him of guilt, I'm not calling him a cold blooded killer, either. I'm calling it 2 counts of Voluntary Manslaughter. Then again, I don't know, I wasn't there. I want to wait for the Toxicology reports.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 03:34 AM
I don't know, this makes it worse for me. According to what the doctor said, Friday Benoit was normal. Normal enough to stop by his doctor's office and see their staff. So this man, behaving as normal as he ever had, went home that night and had a fight with his wife. Normal men don't end a fight with their wife by tying their hands and feet together...have plenty of time to look at their loved one in this state, listen to their cries and pleas to 'stop'...yet continue to strangle them to death.

No other excuse, regardless of what the content of the fight with his wife was, can be made for him. There's no way to sugar coat this act with his wrestling legacy or ability. This man was a cold blooded killer.

And then just when you think being a cold blooded killer is bad enough, he stoops to levels beyond....after having a day or so to 'rationalize' the best decision to possibly make. What he comes up with as a solution is to kill his son and then take the most cowardly of roads a human being can make, he kills himself.

I don't care how great he was in the ring. Fuck him. Fuck him right up his dead swinging ass!

darkpower
06-28-2007, 04:24 AM
I don't know, this makes it worse for me. According to what the doctor said, Friday Benoit was normal. Normal enough to stop by his doctor's office and see their staff. So this man, behaving as normal as he ever had, went home that night and had a fight with his wife. Normal men don't end a fight with their wife by tying their hands and feet together...have plenty of time to look at their loved one in this state, listen to their cries and pleas to 'stop'...yet continue to strangle them to death.

No other excuse, regardless of what the content of the fight with his wife was, can be made for him. There's no way to sugar coat this act with his wrestling legacy or ability. This man was a cold blooded killer.

And then just when you think being a cold blooded killer is bad enough, he stoops to levels beyond....after having a day or so to 'rationalize' the best decision to possibly make. What he comes up with as a solution is to kill his son and then take the most cowardly of roads a human being can make, he kills himself.

I don't care how great he was in the ring. Fuck him. Fuck him right up his dead swinging ass!

First of all, I'm not about to fuck a dead person, OK?! That I WON'T do.

Now, if it was cold-blooded, premeditated, planned from the get-go thing, then yeah, I would agree with you, but if it was something that he couldn't control (and I know how side effects of meds can really fuck up your mind because I was one of those people on the recieving end of such side effects, they last for a while), then I think that such positions might be frowned upon.

The WWE has said that steroids had nothing to do with it, but you KNOW that if the WWE DID say that Benoit had did steroids, and allowed him to continue to wrestle, then BAM, there goes any good press about their wellness policy that they might've had. Now, I'm no doctor or physician, so I can't tell you how long the side effects are, but from experience from other meds, I can tell you that when I took certain things, the side effects tended to linger for some time. Usually, the side effects are outweighed by the meds' good things (by the way, I'm just classifying steroids as meds because they WERE perscribed for Daniel). And when you get your medicine CHANGED, the effects could be devistating for a while, maybe a week until the body gets used to the changed effects. As such, if Benoit was experiencing such a side effect from steroids, with all of the other bullshit he was apparently going through at the time, I would be surprised that the wheels didn't fall from THAT wagon sooner than they did. And sometimes, you're not in control. Hell, let me switch that around: 9 times out of 10, you will be surprised about how NOT in control you actually ARE!

So that could very well be a possibility for Benoit. Hopefully he didn't do anything in cold blood, because then, it would be fucking horrible.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 04:37 AM
To me, now this is just me talking here....premeditation = thinking of wanting to kill your wife, so you tie her up, then kill her. He didn't choke her to death with his hands, HE TIED HER UP...THEN STRANGLED HER WITH A CHORD. Seriously, how much more premeditation do you need?

I understand totally that people want to give him the benifit of the doubt, hell I want to myself. The bottom line is:

Human life > anything done in a wrestling ring.

And he took 3.

I hope Satan has him in the crossface right now.

YOUR Hero
06-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by Arnold HamNegger

My Man.

I'm not saying what you typed didn't happen. But we don't know. Given the sketchy info on their turbulent relationship, for all we know she was screaming at him, calling him a loser, and 'big man', fuck you, etc etc etc. Not that that makes his actions 'ok', but if she did and he was under those stresses, that could be what caused him to go over the edge.

Just saying...

So many ways to think about how it might have been.

He's scum, no doubt.

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 10:14 AM
My Man.

I'm not saying what you typed didn't happen. But we don't know. Given the sketchy info on their turbulent relationship, for all we know she was screaming at him, calling him a loser, and 'big man', fuck you, etc etc etc. Not that that makes his actions 'ok', but if she did and he was under those stresses, that could be what caused him to go over the edge.

Seriously, it's very easy to construct the obvious scenerio in one's head, but we really have no idea what happened there. It wouldn't be that hard to construct a scenerio that spins things to make either or both of them look at fault, obvious or no.

Kane Knight
06-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Oh, and if he did it in cold blood (i.e.: premeditaded, planned out), then yes, he would be deserving of the lashings he's getting from most of us here (I'm about the only one in holdout at this point). But if his mind was in a state of meltdown, then there might be reason to think that it could be understandable as to what exactly happened. Not making it right, but just a bit more acceptable, if at all possible.

Acceptable? No.

Understandable? Yes.

By why understand when you can condemn?

Cold Blooded murderers randomly start saying things like "I love you" to co-workers. Cold-Blooded killers put Bibles near their victims. And most of all, cold-blooded killers kill themselves.

Even sarcastically, that sounds fucking retarded.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll
06-28-2007, 12:54 PM
I haven't really lost respect for Benoit. I just have pity for the state his mind must have been in for him to take the path he did, and for the lives of his wife and child.

parkmania
06-28-2007, 02:07 PM
How are people going to react when the toxicology reports come out? Here are the possible scenarios as I see them:

1) The report shows that he was hopped up on roids or something else and wasn't in his right mind. People pity him for what he couldn't control.

2) The report shows that he was hopped up on roids or something else and wasn't in his right mind. People are outraged that he was unwilling to seek help, and by extention caused the deaths.

3)The report shows that he was hopped up on roids or something else and wasn't in his right mind. WWE is held responsible for "making him do it."

4) The report shows that his system was clean. People curse his name until the end of time.

Which camp do you fall into? Is there another possible scenario that I've missed?

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Is there another possible scenario that I've missed?

The one where there is something other than steroids in his system.

Xero
06-28-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm assuming that the wrestling community will go #2 and the rest of the media (and possibly some casual fans) will go #3.

I can't believe he'll be clean of steroids because they were in the house and prescribed to him.

parkmania
06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
The one where there is something other than steroids in his system.

roids or something else

Um... I think I had that covered.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Arnold HamNegger

My Man.

Just saying...

So many ways to think about how it might have been.

He's scum, no doubt.

True Hero. I think the death of the boy really clouds any judgement I have in possibly giving him the benifit of any doubt. I kind of just have tunnel vision on my disgust and hatred. I can't speak objectively.

Theo Dious
06-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Um... I think I had that covered.

Well, the idea of "something else" begs further questions.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Cold Blooded murderers randomly start saying things like "I love you" to co-workers. Cold-Blooded killers put Bibles near their victims. And most of all, cold-blooded killers kill themselves.

I guess "cold blooded" is a relative term then. I consider taking the thought process to plan in advance to find enough items to bind your wifes hands and feet together...then take the time to tie her up...then take the time to find a chord and strangle her to death pretty "cold blooded."

What sounds "fucking retarded" is "Where's some rope and chord, I'm gonna tie my wife up and strangle her to death."

I also consider leaving your wife dead, tied up and bleeding in your house for a day before you decide to kill your seven year old boy "cold blooded" too.

But that's just me.

Kane Knight
06-28-2007, 03:52 PM
I guess "cold blooded" is a relative term then. I consider taking the thought process to plan in advance to find enough items to bind your wifes hands and feet together...then take the time to tie her up...then take the time to find a chord and strangle her to death pretty "cold blooded."

Yeah, thinking like 30 seconds ahead? Totally premeditated. It's not hard to find something to bind or strangle someone, and the fact that he used his hands and then either a phone cord or a cable cord kind of speaks to that, rather than Speaking to premeditation.

What sounds "fucking retarded" is "Where's some rope and chord, I'm gonna tie my wife up and strangle her to death."

What sounds fucking retarded is that statement, which heavily assumes it was plotted.

I also consider leaving your wife dead, tied up and bleeding in your house for a day before you decide to kill your seven year old boy "cold blooded" too.

Because you're being too stupid to understand that a "cold blooded" killer would have been rational enough to plan that out a little better.

But that's just me.

No, it's not just you. But there's the thing. A lot of people thought there were WMDs in Iraq. A lot of people thought 9-11 was done by Sadam Hussein. A lot of people thought the God Damned Earth was Flat.

A lot of people think exactly what you do.

A lot of people are really. Really. Really fucking stupid.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 04:02 PM
But like I said, maybe I'm too quick to label him "cold blooded" because of the boy's death. I have just seen first hand in my own family, women who have gone through multiple miscarraiges. The effect it has mentally, physically and spiritually on the ones involved is heartbreaking. They would give ANYTHING to have a child of their own....yet Benoit is blessed enough to have a 7 year old boy and he kills him. Granted, the boy supposedly had problems, but who is Benoit to decide that the boy would be better off dead?
Even in his own mind, if he thought it was a mercy killing, he's not God! Some speculate that he decided to kill him to spare him the torment of living with two dead parents on top of his physical/mental ailments.

Well, here's a crazy idea....DON'T STRANGLE YOUR WIFE AND HANG YOURSELF!

What ever the reason was for killing his wife, he chose to kill his son and himself instead of facing the consequences of his actions. I can't defend that, nor will I try.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah, thinking like 30 seconds ahead? Totally premeditated. It's not hard to find something to bind or strangle someone, and the fact that he used his hands and then either a phone cord or a cable cord kind of speaks to that, rather than Speaking to premeditation.

What sounds fucking retarded is that statement, which heavily assumes it was plotted.

Because you're being too stupid to understand that a "cold blooded" killer would have been rational enough to plan that out a little better.

No, it's not just you. But there's the thing. A lot of people thought there were WMDs in Iraq. A lot of people thought 9-11 was done by Sadam Hussein. A lot of people thought the God Damned Earth was Flat.

A lot of people think exactly what you do.

A lot of people are really. Really. Really fucking stupid.

So Kane, this is basically what you do? You take tragic events and turn peoples emotions and opinions around just for the sake of insulting people and stroking your own misguided ego? That to me is Really...REALLY fucking stupid.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Christ Kane, "cold blooded" or not...3 people are dead. Whatever the reason behind it, THAT is what is Really REALLY fucking stupid.

I fail to see the logic in twisting a tragedy around for the sake of being an internet bully. Why don't you premeditate for 30 seconds to find a broomstick and go fuck yourself.

Reavant
06-28-2007, 04:28 PM
HOLY CRAP!!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html

Web Time Stamps Indicate Nancy Benoit's Death Reported on Web at Least 13 Hours Before Police Found Bodies in Her Home
Thursday, June 28, 2007

By Blane Bachelor

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
AP

Chris Benoit
An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy at least 13 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.

Employees at Wikipedia.org said the posting went live on their site on Monday at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Police, however, said they found the bodies Monday at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

The posting reads: “Chris Benoit was replaced by [[Johnny Nitro]] for the ECW Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy.” According to a Wikipedia.org report published after FOXNews.com made inquiries, the edit was reversed just under one hour later with the comment:

"Need a reliable source. Saying that his wife died is a pretty big statement, you need to back it up with something."

The posting apparently was made in reference to Benoit's scheduled appearance on Sunday night at an Extreme Championship Wrestling event in Texas.

An employee from Wikipedia.org told FOXNews.com that he called and left a message with investigative authorities in Fayetteville, Ga., at around 11 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, after the posting was brought to the attention of the St. Petersburg, Fla.-based Web site.

“I chat with other editors on IRC — Internet relay chat — and somebody pointed it out to me on a relay chat and that it came from a Stamford connection, and that it took place at midnight Eastern Standard Time on Monday morning,” said Wikipedia.org volunteer coordinator Cary Bass. “I called and left a message with the police department.”

The computer-generated time and date stamp of the Benoit entry are listed as 4:01, 25 June 2007. Wikipedia.org lists its entries according to Universal Time, also known as Greenwich Mean Time.

Further investigation, according to Wikipedia.com, shows that one hour after the first edit reversion, another anonymous edit by 125.63.148.173 using unwiredAustralia.com.au, a wireless Internet service provider, was made adding about the aforementioned personal issues: "which according to several pro wrestling websites is attributed to the passing of Benoit's wife, Nancy."

That edit was reverted less than 20 minutes later, with the following comment: "Saying 'several pro wrestling websites' is still not reliable information." The second edit was made by a computer in Australia from a wireless network, according to Wikipedia.org.

A message left by FOXNews.com with Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department was not immediately returned.

Investigators so far have ruled the Benoit killings as a double homicide-suicide.

Wikipedia.org claims to be one of the largest reference Web sites, and is written collaboratively by users from around the world. Approved users can make submissions and change entries that are posted on the site almost immediately. Bass said the site is constantly monitored to correct inaccuracies.

Bass said when there is a high-profile case, such as the Benoit killlings, Wikipedia.org limits postings to registered users, which is now indicated at the top of the Benoit entry. According to the listed history on the Benoit entry, the computer used to post the 12:01 a.m. entry had a Stamford, Conn., Internet Protocol — or IP — address, a numeric designation that is assigned to every computer with an Internet connection, and that same address has been used to post about a dozen other messages on the site, dating back to May 16, 2007.

In related news, FOXNews.com also has learned, through widely posted Web reports, that former pro wrestler Sherri Martel, who was found dead on June 15, was linked to former wrestler Kevin Sullivan — ex-husband of Nancy Benoit.

Click here to read more about the death of Sherri Martel.

Martel, who had a reputation as one of the top managers in pro wrestling, was found dead at her mother’s home in near Birmingham, Ala., on June 15. She was 49.

Investigators, who have not yet determined Martel's cause of death, say foul play is not suspected but that Martel did not die of natural causes.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Internet hacker Wikipedia hoaxers are Really. Really fucking stupid. [/Kane Knight]

XL
06-28-2007, 06:54 PM
And most of all, cold-blooded killers kill themselves.

Firstly (i.e. before you jump down my throat for it) I deleted the first 3/4 of your post cos I don't yet believe his actions were "in cold blood", I'm swaying towards some kinda rage.

However, your'e last point struck me as kinda dumb.

Like I said in the original thread (and the only one we need really) there were many of "cold bloodied" killers out there that ended their own lives. Harold Shipman and Fred West were the ones I picked out as examples in the other thread.

I don't see how commiting suicide absolves anyone of being "cold bloodied"!?

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 08:27 PM
I just heard about that Wikipedia thing. Odd coincidence? Would somebody just randomly add a piece of information about Nancy's death 13 hours before the cops even knew about it? Sounds kinda odd, doesn't it?

Even if somebody just posted that randomly, trying to be funny or weird or whatever, that's not something you'd just come up with in your head. I think somebody knew something...but why not go to the cops?

Who knows. Weird shit.

I'm watching CNN right now, they're mad arguing about this shit. They're also saying that there are rumors/theories that Chris might have been murdered first....or that the kid was murdered....possibly by Nancy Benoit.

It's insanity!

Chris Jericho is on the show as well, defending Chris Benoit, and actually doing an excellent job of it. I'd say you all tune in right now.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Firstly (i.e. before you jump down my throat for it) I deleted the first 3/4 of your post cos I don't yet believe his actions were "in cold blood", I'm swaying towards some kinda rage.

However, your'e last point struck me as kinda dumb.

Like I said in the original thread (and the only one we need really) there were many of "cold bloodied" killers out there that ended their own lives. Harold Shipman and Fred West were the ones I picked out as examples in the other thread.

I don't see how commiting suicide absolves anyone of being "cold bloodied"!?

Don't worry XL, KK believes he is an expert on everything there is, yet has no idea why people keep stabbing him on the way to the store.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 08:37 PM
I just heard about that Wikipedia thing. Odd coincidence? Would somebody just randomly add a piece of information about Nancy's death 13 hours before the cops even knew about it? Sounds kinda odd, doesn't it?

Even if somebody just posted that randomly, trying to be funny or weird or whatever, that's not something you'd just come up with in your head. I think somebody knew something...but why not go to the cops?

Who knows. Weird shit.

I'm watching CNN right now, they're mad arguing about this shit. They're also saying that there are rumors/theories that Chris might have been murdered first....or that the kid was murdered....possibly by Nancy Benoit.

It's insanity!

Chris Jericho is on the show as well, defending Chris Benoit, and actually doing an excellent job of it. I'd say you all tune in right now.

DAMNIT, I missed it! Everytime in the past 2 days that I watch CNN trying to get some info, all they have is this Paris Hilton bullshit! :rant:

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Man, Jericho was doing a great job. He explained WWE's wellness policy (independent corporation, immediate fines and suspension, Vince will be more than willing to supply a list of wrestling who have tested positive), explained how Benoit was as a person, how he could have never done this, but supplied it with anecdotes, experiences, recounts, etc.

The host of the show, Nancy Grace, was even defending Benoit as well, saying that she would rather hear that steroids caused it, than to hear that it was a premeditated, cold-blooded murder...that a temporary rage would be far better than a planned killing.

I think it was the first time I've ever marked out for a wrestler on CNN. :P

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 08:47 PM
For the record, as quick as I am to throw Benoit under the bus for what the facts are showing and what my own mind is speculating...I would be as happy as anyone to know that he somehow was absolved of committing this crime. Just like anyone else, in my heart I don't want to believe that he did this.

I want to see this CNN show and hear some of the other theories out there. Given the testemonials to the person he was before this weekend, it makes a hell of alot more sense that he came home to find Nancy had killed their son, then 'snapped' and killed her. Then taken a day to ponder what to do with his life and decide that without them, it wasn't worth living.

BUT, judging by the 'facts' of the autopsy...Nancy died first, so who the fuck knows man. What are the odds that the investigators totally have the timelines of death screwed up?

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 08:54 PM
Man, Jericho was doing a great job. He explained WWE's wellness policy (independent corporation, immediate fines and suspension, Vince will be more than willing to supply a list of wrestling who have tested positive), explained how Benoit was as a person, how he could have never done this, but supplied it with anecdotes, experiences, recounts, etc.

The host of the show, Nancy Grace, was even defending Benoit as well, saying that she would rather hear that steroids caused it, than to hear that it was a premeditated, cold-blooded murder...that a temporary rage would be far better than a planned killing.

I think it was the first time I've ever marked out for a wrestler on CNN. :P

Great, I was watching the wrong damn CNN channel. Maybe Kane Knight is right, I am fucking stupid. :D

Sweet, Direct TV says I can catch the replay in an hour. :y:

The Fugitive
06-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I was wondering when Jericho would put in his two cents about this.

I'll be interested in seeing this footage as well.

The Naitch
06-28-2007, 09:01 PM
I missed it by a few minutes. It'll replay later tonight

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 09:52 PM
It's on again right now!

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Here we go. :y:

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Man, these overlapping clips of him kissing his son and hugging his wife in the ring are hard to watch. :(

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 10:00 PM
"Apparently OJ Simpson isn't the only athlete who should be referred to as the "juice"..."

Har. Har.

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Those clips of him play a part later when Jericho comes on

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 10:01 PM
This is where I marked out and ran from my computer to the TV

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 10:06 PM
"Given that this wrestler was homicidal..."

THIS is where they start to argue...or so I thought.

And LOL at the ECW being a demotion.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:09 PM
"Crimes of passion" definetly seems more appropriate than "cold blooded." Guess I was being a tad bit emotional earlier.

God this is just heartbreaking to watch.

Jericho is the man though. :y:

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:11 PM
"Given that this wrestler was homicidal..."

THIS is where they start to argue...or so I thought.

And LOL at the ECW being a demotion.

He was about to become a champion. A champion is a champion. [/Jericho]

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:13 PM
"Apparently OJ Simpson isn't the only athlete who should be referred to as the "juice"..."

Har. Har.

That lady needs to be thrown in the "Walls."

"Don't you ever...EEEEVVVEEERRR say that again!"

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:17 PM
As I sit here days later soaking up endless hours of this story, it isn't getting any easier to comprehend.

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 10:19 PM
No, it isn't. More information comes to light and it just gets more and more complex and convoluted.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I mean I just know the twist of emotions I'm experiencing through this. I can't even begin to imagine what the surviving family and close friends are going through. :'(

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 10:24 PM
This entire Wikipedia still freaks me out. Any theories on this? It's some weird coincidence if it is one at all.

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 10:25 PM
"Yeah that's not what I asked you!"

I still LOL at that line.

And "almost 4 months"...what an idiotic calculation.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Wow, that's a good point about the Wikipedia thing. If someone WAS notified of the wife's death and had acted accordingly...could it have saved the boys life and Benoit's suicide?

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 10:31 PM
But why go to Wikipedia and not the authorities? It seems weird. The same guy that added that entry also removed a vandalization of the Chavo article, and vandalized Stacy Keibler's article, twice.

The IP is located in Stamford, CT, which is where WWE HQ is, which makes it all the more bizarre.

TerranRich
06-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Jericho's explanation of the Wellness Policy was short, concise, to-the-point, and did not spill over the 15 seconds he had left at all. It was the final note in that broadcast and punctuated it nicely.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:44 PM
But why go to Wikipedia and not the authorities? It seems weird. The same guy that added that entry also removed a vandalization of the Chavo article, and vandalized Stacy Keibler's article, twice.

The IP is located in Stamford, CT, which is where WWE HQ is, which makes it all the more bizarre.

Yeah, I don't know. If it's a hoax, then the irony is sadistically off the charts.

Arnold HamNegger
06-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Jericho's explanation of the Wellness Policy was short, concise, to-the-point, and did not spill over the 15 seconds he had left at all. It was the final note in that broadcast and punctuated it nicely.

Agreed. :y:

loosecollector
06-28-2007, 11:05 PM
I hope Satan has him in the crossface right now.
Or the other way around... :lol:

Arnold HamNegger
06-29-2007, 12:54 AM
If he does, he better watch his back for Saddam.

"Die pussy!"

ford fairlane
06-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Wow, that's a good point about the Wikipedia thing. If someone WAS notified of the wife's death and had acted accordingly...could it have saved the boys life and Benoit's suicide?

That's what ive been saying,the timeline of events does not make sense