PDA

View Full Version : A Proposal

Paul Heyman
06-28-2007, 07:58 PM
I think, given everythings thats being going on, and the major scrutiny that WWE and Wrestling as a whole is under. I think its time that there should be some sort of regulatory body put in place for Pro-Wrestling.

It's main objectives
*ensure the physical and mental welfare of pro wrestlers

*Create a minimum and maximum standard of work schedule in regards to a PROPER working time directive to ensure that stress,depression etc doesn't become an issue. Ties into the first objective.

*TO carry out random drug hits on ALL wrestling promotions, including indys, but in particular the major promotions. There is no point just the biggies being policed. With the business going to be under a huge amount of scrutiny, something should be done.

*Promotions MUST be members of the independant regulatory body, or should be explicitly encouraged to join. Encouraging uniformity and a safe overall working environment for the wrestling world as a whole.

I would expect lots more objectives, but thats just a starting point.

What dya think?

CSL
06-28-2007, 08:10 PM
<font color=white>This kinda stuff's been needed for years. Unfortunately, it's not gonna happen. It'd take somebody of huge stature (i.e Shawn Michaels, Undertaker) to put his job on the line and he'd need the backing of like 80% of the roster (who would have to be willing to put their jobs on the line) and that's definitely not gonna happen. Only other option is the government. And since most people outside of the industry and it's fanbase think wrestling is a joke, it's doesn't look good.

:-\ </font>

Theo Dious
06-29-2007, 10:10 AM
What dya think?

I think it's a terrible idea. Beauracracy is never the answer, it only worsens the problem.

Stickman
06-29-2007, 12:48 PM
What ever happened to forming a union?

Theo Dious
06-29-2007, 12:52 PM
That's only a slightly less terrible idea.

IC Champion
06-29-2007, 12:56 PM
I've always thought wrestlers were under payed, considering the work they do and, how often they work.

Mercury Bullet
06-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I think that a union or something of the sorts wouldn't be a half bad idea. I think a huge issue with wrestlers is the frequency and amount of work they have to do. If given more time off, I think you would see A LOT of health issues and personal issues with wrestlers disappear. Maybe not disappear, but be greatly diminished.

How many house shows do they run a week? Anyway, I think they need to have Raw, SD, and ECW ALL travel together, and do every show in the same place in the week. Do Raw Monday Night, Smackdown and ECW taped on Tuesday, multi-branded house show on Wednesday. Then they pack up and casually leave for the next place. And make it so the next place isn't across the country or something, travel shorter distances so the wrestlers have more time to rest.

road doggy dogg
06-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Big Show + 2x4 = ratings

Kane Knight
06-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I think it's a terrible idea. Beauracracy is never the answer, it only worsens the problem.

Tell that to the folks who would otherwise be denied access to college or jobs because of their skin colour.

What makes it a terrible idea is that it's a regulatory device on a series of entertainment companies.

A union won't happen because wrestlers would shank their own mothers for a push.

BigDaddyCool
06-29-2007, 05:01 PM
It is an idea. I'll give you that. Something needs to be done to but yeah...

IC Champion
06-29-2007, 05:16 PM
A union won't happen because wrestlers would shank their own mothers for a push.
:lol:

BigDaddyCool
06-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Tell that to the folks who would otherwise be denied access to college or jobs because of their skin colour.

What makes it a terrible idea is that it's a regulatory device on a series of entertainment companies.

Don't you mean because Judy Bagwell will shank any one for Buff to get pushed?