PDA

View Full Version : So if say TNA or another brand got a TV deal.....

Dave Youell
02-26-2004, 07:53 AM
And got fairly big, who on the current WWE roster do you think would go and who do you think would stay?

And who do you think that Vince would keep hold of for dear life?

Nowhere Man
02-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Barring the fact that Vince would never EVER let another company get anywhere near that big, I'll play along.

Guys who would leave:

Rob Van Dam
Booker T
Ultimo Dragon
Rhyno
Sean O'Haire
The Hurricane
The FBI
Shannon Moore
Lance Storm

Guys who he'd hang onto for dear life:

All the old big names (Rock, Austin, H, Taker, etc)
Batista
Cena
Orton
Angle
Lesnar
essentially, all the people he 'created' (and probably Benoit and Guerrero)

The CyNick
02-26-2004, 10:19 AM
It depends on how much money they could offer, and what their touring schedule was like.

My guess is that the WWE wouldn't let guys like RVD or Booker T go because they know they have a following and wouldn't want to lose them to the competition.

CANADIAN
02-26-2004, 11:39 AM
All the low carders who dont get used.

Kane Knight
02-26-2004, 12:07 PM
It depends on how much money they could offer, and what their touring schedule was like.

My guess is that the WWE wouldn't let guys like RVD or Booker T go because they know they have a following and wouldn't want to lose them to the competition.

That would provide a pretty big problem for the WWE...Properly use them, and risk stepping on toes and bruising egos, or letting their competition get talent that would definitely draw...

blake639raw
02-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Sean O'Haire
Chris Kanyon
Paul London
Rhyno

just to name a few.

ColdwaVer
02-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Guys who would leave:
Booker T

No freaking way, man. Booker has stated a number of times that he's happy with letting his career wind down in WWE, I don't see him hopping to a lesser production at this point.

Kane Knight
02-26-2004, 01:27 PM
No freaking way, man. Booker has stated a number of times that he's happy with letting his career wind down in WWE, I don't see him hopping to a lesser production at this point.

Like Booker's gonna say "I hate it here" and get buried...

Rob
02-26-2004, 01:55 PM
WWE won't let anyone go. That's why they have guys under exclusive contracts.

If any company got national TV, they'd be foolish not to offer Goldberg a huge deal since his WWE deal is nearly up.

Mister Sinister
02-27-2004, 04:04 PM
WWE won't let anyone go. That's why they have guys under exclusive contracts.

If any company got national TV, they'd be foolish not to offer Goldberg a huge deal since his WWE deal is nearly up.

Actually it would be foolish since we all pretty much know, Wrestling isn't Goldberg main goal, and plus, a place like NWA-TNA wouldn't be able to offer him no where near as much as he was making in WCW and wWE, Plus he's injury prone, Isn't that very good of a Wrestler and such, Plus, Why would you sign someone who would only want to do very few dates a month. They would be much smarter to grow there own version of Goldberg that proberly would have alot more talent, wouldn't cost as much and isn't going to going to be a bitch backstage most of the time.

Rob
02-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Actually it would be foolish since we all pretty much know, Wrestling isn't Goldberg main goal, and plus, a place like NWA-TNA wouldn't be able to offer him no where near as much as he was making in WCW and wWE, Plus he's injury prone, Isn't that very good of a Wrestler and such, Plus, Why would you sign someone who would only want to do very few dates a month. They would be much smarter to grow there own version of Goldberg that proberly would have alot more talent, wouldn't cost as much and isn't going to going to be a bitch backstage most of the time.

1 - Goldberg is over

2 - He likes wrestling a hell of a lot more than some people currently in TNA.

3 - He isn't as bad a wrestler than most say and he is certainly better than Lex Luger who does work for that company.

4 - Since TNA doesn't do house shows, Goldberg schedule would be a perfect fit.

5 - Aside from getting a knee injury from Bret Hart and hurting his hand punching glass, when has he been badly hurt?

6 - Own version of Goldberg? If they could do it (and they certainly can't) then they would have by now,

Corkscrewed
02-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Stays:
RAW + Smackdown rost

Leaves:
Heat + Velocity roster

SUPREMO
02-27-2004, 04:31 PM
tna sucks

Corkscrewed
02-27-2004, 04:40 PM
I'd think you were DX Fantic if you hadn't appeared before him...

MVP
02-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Vince would likely keep his top drawers:

Triple H
A-Train
Billy Gunn
Big show
Matt Morgan
Mark Henry
Hardcore Holly

MVP
02-27-2004, 04:46 PM
...but seriously, I could see guys like Matt Hardy, Hurricane, Paul London, etc. going to TNA.

Maybe RVD too, if he's still unhappy with the company.

Mr.Violent J
02-27-2004, 05:25 PM
I think if TNA had gotten a TV deal already then RVD would of been gone. I could easily see most of the cruiserweight division jumping ship. Matt Hardy would most likely stay in WWE. O'Haire would go. Booker would stay.

You know in all actuallity, if the WWE wanted to do some roster cuts then it might be in the best intrest of both companies if TNA got a tv deal.

But as for Goldeberg going to TNA? Not gonna happen. Why spend the money to get Goldberg when that money could be better spent to get 2 other wrestlers who have alot more talent.

Mister Sinister
02-27-2004, 05:43 PM
1 - Goldberg is over

2 - He likes wrestling a hell of a lot more than some people currently in TNA.

3 - He isn't as bad a wrestler than most say and he is certainly better than Lex Luger who does work for that company.

4 - Since TNA doesn't do house shows, Goldberg schedule would be a perfect fit.

5 - Aside from getting a knee injury from Bret Hart and hurting his hand punching glass, when has he been badly hurt?

6 - Own version of Goldberg? If they could do it (and they certainly can't) then they would have by now,

Maybe it's perheps that they aren't trying to make there own version of Goldberg yet. But they do have a Person that could be built into that Company version of Goldberg if need, and I present to you.....

The Monster Of Abyss!