PDA

View Full Version : Triple H wants Orton to Get the Title

The Show Off
07-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Triple H Wants Orton To Win WWE Title
07/02/2007 by Ryan Gray

Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The Triple H vs. Randy Orton match originally planned for SummerSlam is now in jeopardy. According to one backstage source both Triple H and Vince McMahon agree it is not the right thing to do at this time.

Triple H is pushing for Randy Orton to win the WWE Championship from John Cena. Internally the thought is that Cena doesn’t need the belt to get over because he gets resentment boos for being a champion. The feeling is more money will be made in Cena chasing Orton for the title in comparison to where he beats him all the time while he holds the title.

Look for the Triple H vs. Randy Orton match to happen at either Survivor Series or WrestleMania.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully, this isn't just a wonderful dream....

Orton being the champion is a million times better then Cena being champion...

I pray this is legit.

Jordan
07-02-2007, 02:34 PM
I don't get it, a lot of people call Cena bland yet like to praise Orton? The Ortons are the most bland people on the earth.

DRBailey
07-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Isn't this the equivalent of having my left ball attacked by angry ferrets as opposed to them attacking my right one?

Loose Cannon
07-02-2007, 02:36 PM
:cool:

Mooияakeя™
07-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I'd love it. Orton's got this "weird" thing about him in ring when he's doing the stares and "strangely dropping to his feet / collapsing to roll out the ring". It's unique to me and I like it.

Just wonder how WWE is gonna take this "cerebral" thing with him. Making him in part psycho after all the Benoit stuff. It shouldn't matter, but it's like the wrestling equivelent of political correctness. "Let's not go there" etc.

Ja, I'd love Orton having the strap. He'd so get auto-faced if he did. The crowd would pop big time imo. Specially if they'er smartish fans who want change / sick of Cena.

I don't think Cena would have to go heel. They'd both be fine as tweeners, but Orton's music begs for a face turn imo.

The Show Off
07-02-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't get it, a lot of people call Cena bland yet like to praise Orton? The Ortons are the most bland people on the earth.

Randy Orton > John Cena X 10000

Randy Orton is better on the mic better in the ring better with psycology, and just plain better then John Cena... At least in my opinion. John Cena has improved a lot since he first won the championship, but Randy Orton when he won the IC belt was better then John Cena has ever been. The only reason Orton has never gotten the mega push is becuase he is a jackass backstage.

I'm not a hater of John Cena, I actually sympathize with Cena. He's not bad, but his push makes him bad. Just like Randy Orton isn't bad his total lack of pusch, until late, has made him bad.

Randy Orton in main event matches it a million times better then John Cena. Not simply because Orton is better in the ring, and at psycology then Cena, which he definitly is, but also becuase the outcome won't be predictable. With Cena holding the title you know he will always retain, with Orton with the title you know he could lose it at any time.

Jordan
07-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Ortons music is gay

Jordan
07-02-2007, 02:43 PM
I can't name a good match with Randy Orton off the top of my head...

Cena/HBK 1&2, Cena/Nitro, Cena/Triple H.... just off the top of my head though

Mooияakeя™
07-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Ortons music is gay

Maybe, but Cena's is über ghey

Theo Dious
07-02-2007, 02:45 PM
The only reason Orton has never gotten the mega push is becuase he <s>is a jackass backstage.</s> does shit that publicly embarrasses the company.

Jordan
07-02-2007, 02:45 PM
I think Cena is MANLY, plus they should spell it CENA like a japanese. Thats cool.

Mooияakeя™
07-02-2007, 02:48 PM
wonder where Orton would have been without all the injuries...

Don't know what anyone else thinks, but I couldn't see him in another promotion. He's just got that "WWE" polished thing about him. Same with Samoa Joe, really couldn't see him in WWE.

Jordan
07-02-2007, 02:50 PM
I agree, except I could see him (Orton) in NJPW. Joe in WWE is a bad idea.

KingofOldSchool
07-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Orton gets a lot of face pops regardless so just looking at Cena in an evil "watch your back cause I'm gonna RKO your ass" way well get him a HOOGE pop.

The Show Off
07-02-2007, 02:53 PM
I can't name a good match with Randy Orton off the top of my head...

Cena/HBK 1&2, Cena/Nitro, Cena/Triple H.... just off the top of my head though

Randy Orton [c] v. Cactus Jack
(No Holds Barred Falls Count Anywhere for the WWE Intercontinental Championship, WWE Backlash 2004)

Randy Orton [c] v. Triple H
(for the World Heavyweight Championship, WWE Unforgiven 2004)

Randy Orton v. The Undertaker
(WWE Wrestlemania 21)

Chris Benoit [c] v. Randy Orton
(for the World Heavyweight Championship, WWE Summer Slam 2004)

Just a few off the top of my head...

Mooияakeя™
07-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Orton gets a lot of face pops regardless so just looking at Cena in an evil "watch your back cause I'm gonna RKO your ass" way well get him a HOOGE pop.

Yup, the RKO itself gets popped more than Randy. Specially when it just appears out of nowhere. Which I'm a fan of btw. He never pulls off the one where he's doing pressups waiting. It's like the new "Ric Flair on the top rope".

Felipewcw
07-02-2007, 03:09 PM
.....Chris Benoit [c] v. Randy Orton
(for the World Heavyweight Championship, WWE Summer Slam 2004).....

Actually, if you check the WWE website that match never happened. Because of gruesome circumstances Orton went from having a great match at Summer Slam in 2004 to apparently wrestling himself for the belt.

But to get back on topic,

Nikkolas
07-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Watch out for the Chinlock O' Doom, Trips.

St. Jimmy
07-02-2007, 03:13 PM
I'd slap the Belt on Orton tomorrow.

KingofOldSchool
07-02-2007, 03:16 PM
I'd slap the belt on Orton right now, no need for a crowd or an actual match.

Theo Dious
07-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Actually, if you check the WWE website that match never happened. Because of gruesome circumstances Orton went from having a great match at Summer Slam in 2004 to apparently wrestling himself for the belt.

Even wierder was WM22 where Orton wrestled Angle for the title, but the match was ruined by the outside interference of some midget from the stands and the title was subsequently vacated. :nono:

UmbrellaCorporation
07-02-2007, 03:20 PM
I'd slap the belt on Orton right now, no need for a crowd or an actual match.

BigDaddyCool
07-02-2007, 03:23 PM
While I agree having a a face chasing a heel champion is always better than a face champion dominating, I don't think Orton is the right heel for the job.

Y2Ant
07-02-2007, 03:24 PM
RKO BAH GAWD WHAT IMPACT

Y2Ant
07-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Seriously though, I would much rather have Orton as champ than Cena. I wanted to see it happen at Mania :(

Also wasn't Edge vs. Orton for the IC title at Vengeance 2004 an awesome match? I seem to recall it being pretty good. When Edge was supposed to be the face and he got booed. :cool:

Xero
07-02-2007, 03:27 PM
So what, they're going to give him the title just to be Orton'd a few months later?

Xero
07-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Nah, but seriously, this could be a good change of pace. I hope he destroys the spinner belt with a hammer or some shit and brings back the Undisputed belt.

Theo Dious
07-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Nah, but seriously, this could be a good change of pace. I hope he destroys the spinner belt with a hammer or some shit and brings back the Undisputed belt.

That would justify a 24-hour title run in my eyes. :y:

Jeritron
07-02-2007, 03:46 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Orton should flat out "Legend" Kill Cena (even if it's dirty if need be) and then run with the title. Then Cena can take his rumored time off and Orton can get a strong heel champion push.

Square him off against HHH or whoever from there on, I don't really care.

Then when Cena comes back he could get some renewed face heat. Once that wears off promptly turn him heel and have him come back a changed man.
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

addy2hotty
07-02-2007, 03:55 PM
As much as I hate to say it, Orton's time really has arrived.

Less of the 'legend killer' and more of just the kille.....

Actually, scrap that sentence in these controversial times.

Thinking about it, will they continue his 'rage' attitude?

Felipewcw
07-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Just as long as he doesn't bring bibles with him to the ring it should be ok. :shifty:

Londoner
07-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey wait Ortons a legend killer and Benoits a legend right? Hmmm.

Seriously though, I wouldnt mind seeing orton as champ for a while, anyone as champ > cena as champ. Also ortons music> cenas music.

James Steele
07-02-2007, 04:26 PM
I think they both fucking suck. I could live with Randy being WHC if HHH whips his ass and takes his belt back.

RGWhat316
07-02-2007, 04:49 PM
I would definitely mark for an Orton title run right now. I even thought he might have gotten it at Backlash. Plus he is the only top guy that hasn't had a big feud with Cena yet.

apokalypse7
07-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I am an Orton Mark. PERIOD. Can't imagine the size of the load I'd blow if Randy Legend Killed Cena. He's a good enough worker. He could use more moves, but hell we've had Cena and HOgan for a Quarter Century Combined, so we really don't need THAT many moves. The leveled DDT is cool too!

PepperCarrotMan
07-02-2007, 04:58 PM

I hope he poops in Cena's bag too!

Kane Knight
07-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Isn't this the equivalent of having my left ball attacked by angry ferrets as opposed to them attacking my right one?

PepperCarrotMan
07-02-2007, 06:34 PM
This thread title gives me an idea for HHH/Orton.

They should come in and dominate all the champions and then in the Dudley's style, HHH yells "ORTON! GET THE TITLES!" and Orton brings him the titles and they become champions of everything and then all the divas come out and dance.

Hanso Amore
07-02-2007, 07:41 PM
This thread title gives me an idea for HHH/Orton.

They should come in and dominate all the champions and then in the Dudley's style, HHH yells "ORTON! GET THE TITLES!" and Orton brings him the titles and they become champions of everything and then all the divas come out and dance.

While I appreciate the effort, all I can say is........NO. Nice try though.

Insert Khali. Khali is Orton's Bodyguard. In the middle of a Tag match against , a returning HHH and returning HBK, after clearing the ring, Khali pushes Orton and points like Bubba Ray....

"Orton! BLARRGRG ARRRRGAGGAG!"

Orton stands there with a puzzled look on his face.

McLegend
07-02-2007, 11:02 PM
That HHH is a nice guy.

The Naitch
07-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I'd rather see Cena vs. Orton at SummerSlam

07-02-2007, 11:04 PM
While I appreciate the effort, all I can say is........NO. Nice try though.

Insert Khali. Khali is Orton's Bodyguard. In the middle of a Tag match against , a returning HHH and returning HBK, after clearing the ring, Khali pushes Orton and points like Bubba Ray....

"Orton! BLARRGRG ARRRRGAGGAG!"

Orton stands there with a puzzled look on his face.

That's money.

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2007, 07:06 AM
Randy Orton has been doing some nice work lately, but really, it's only because he's under watchful eyes. The second he wins the WWE Championship, and becomes the top dog, I guarantee we're going to see Orton start phoning it in. Orton will be so much more compelling if they keep him away from the WWE Title.

Right now, the heel most deserving of ending Cena's reign is King Booker, anyway. He was the MVP of SmackDown! for a large part of 2006, and his World Heavyweight Title reign never once became stale whilst he held the belt. King Booker would make a much better choice for WWE Champion at present than both Cena and Orton. Hell, I'd argue Mr. Kennedy is ahead of both Cena and Orton right now.

I'd rather see Randy Orton go somewhere with this feud against Cody Rhodes. He is obviously going to kill Dusty Rhodes next week, so have Cody come out and save his father from a further beat-down, and you have a match between Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes set for The Great American Bash. Put Orton over there (it would be Cody's first PPV match, and he should look like the inexperienced guy he is), but then keep it going heading into Summerslam, and have Cody beat Orton there in a big face moment. That sets up a Steel Cage Match, or something, for Unforgiven, where Cody can again get the win, and put Randy in his place, and let him know he can't act like a complete jackass.

Mr. JL
07-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Randy Orton > John Cena

Mr. JL
07-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Left Nut > Right Nut

Mr. JL
07-03-2007, 07:14 AM
:wtf:

:shifty:

The Fugitive
07-03-2007, 07:18 AM
Huh?

Theo Dious
07-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Testes.

Mooияakeя™
07-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I see Dusty being "carted off" next week on RAW.

Another "legend" on the shelf for Orton. But seriously, I pray no "Cody Runnels" entering the WWE and feuding with him now.

I'm suprised Orton didn't crack up when he was "warned off" by Cody. - Cos he sounded "HARD".

DRBailey
07-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Left Nut > Right Nut

Blame me for this statement if I'm reading it correctly...

Fox
07-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Cena, Orton, Hunter.

These are the same 3 fuckers who have been dominating the World Title/WWE Title scenes since 2003.

Fuck. Get some new faces in there.

The Show Off
07-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Anyone else notice how last night on Raw Orton didn't say Legend Killer, her just said "I'm a Legend... well you know the rest" I smell the effects of Chris Benoit doubvle murder suicide."

Mooияakeя™
07-03-2007, 05:06 PM
Cena, Orton, Hunter.

These are the same 3 fuckers who have been dominating the World Title/WWE Title scenes since 2003.

Fuck. Get some new faces in there.

Misssssttttteeeerrrrrr KEEEEENNNNNNEDDDYYY.

Lashley and Booker are around. Lashley has the title shot at GAB, but that title isn't leaving Cena's hands.

KEEEEENNNNNNEDDDYYY.

James Steele
07-03-2007, 05:26 PM
All I know is that the King will be back on his throne...I hope.

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2007, 06:44 PM

I hope King Booker worms his way into the match, making it a triple threat. Have him challenge Bobby Lashley on RAW, and Jonathan Coachman can lay down the stipulation that if Booker wins, he gets into the match. Then have King Booker cheat his ass off to beat Lashley, getting his spot in the main event. Then at The Great American Bash, Booker pins Bobby Lashley again to win his first WWE Championship and seventh World Championship. :love:

Skippord
07-03-2007, 07:38 PM
I think they both fucking suck. I could live with Randy being WHC if HHH whips his ass and takes his belt back.

Kane Knight
07-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Anyone else notice how last night on Raw Orton didn't say Legend Killer, her just said "I'm a Legend... well you know the rest" I smell the effects of Chris Benoit doubvle murder suicide."

If Benoit ended that gay ass gimmick, that's two things I owe him for.

Mooияakeя™
07-03-2007, 11:44 PM

Talking about that. What happened to King Of The Ring this year? Or was I asleep when that PPV happenend?!!?

Tommy Gunn
07-04-2007, 04:27 AM
I have this sick feeling that Lashley will be the next WWE Champion... Although to be fair Lashley is a better wrestler than Cena, but my god please never let him near a microphone.

Mr. Nerfect
07-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Talking about that. What happened to King Of The Ring this year? Or was I asleep when that PPV happenend?!!?

The WWE just forgot about it, which is a shame. There are plenty of guys who could have used the win. Matt Hardy, CM Punk, Johnny Nitro, Carlito, Mr. Kennedy and even William Regal would have been suited to a win.

Innovator
07-04-2007, 09:49 PM
The title belongs to one man:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NjljZwajDKA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NjljZwajDKA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mooияakeя™
07-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Our time will always be better than that theme, though I do like that one. Our time is just, well, I dunno. I just prefer it.

Wonder how they get them titantron vids. Ripped from games?

Indifferent Clox
07-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Angle v. Orton and ONS 2 was pretty awesome, but only on Angle's part.

The Optimist
07-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Just wonder how WWE is gonna take this "cerebral" thing with him. Making him in part psycho after all the Benoit stuff. It shouldn't matter, but it's like the wrestling equivelent of political correctness. "Let's not go there" etc.Ew. You just made me thing of them referring to him as some sort of new Cerebral Assassin. :y:

D Mac
07-06-2007, 03:16 AM
Randy Orton > John Cena