PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who was hoping to see Angle/Joe vs. Daniels/Styles at Victory Road...SPOILERS

KingofOldSchool
07-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Get ready to be disappointed.

Richard Trionfo called in the following spoiler notes from tonight's TNA Impact taping:

*Team 3D defeated LAX and AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels to retain the TNA Tag Team championships after a 3D on Daniels.

*A ten man Ultimate X match was announced for Victory Road.

*Sting & Abyss vs. Tomko & AJ Styles was announced for Victory Road.

*Abyss spoke for the first time during a promo.

We'll have further updates of note as they become available and full spoilers later in the evening.

Xero
07-02-2007, 08:20 PM
At least people could see Daniels/Styles winning one of the other titles...

Innovator
07-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Dammit. Really hoped they would do that.

At least Bubba still has a shot to be the X Division champ

KingofOldSchool
07-02-2007, 08:23 PM
At least Bubba still has a shot to be the X Division champ

Well if Fat Joe can win it...

Rob
07-02-2007, 08:30 PM
10 man Ultimate X? Clusterfuck!

Innovator
07-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Can't be a TNA PPV without one

chrisat928
07-02-2007, 08:32 PM
I thought Ultimate X was always for the X division title.

Xero
07-02-2007, 08:33 PM
LOL, probably for a "Title in the Bank" shot.

Innovator
07-02-2007, 08:33 PM
probably for a title shot....or for Judy Bagwell

KingofOldSchool
07-02-2007, 08:43 PM
probably for a title shot....or for Judy Bagwell

Judy Bagwell on a Rope match!

Xero
07-02-2007, 08:45 PM
(Insert tasteless Benoit joke here.)

Skippord
07-02-2007, 11:05 PM
I wanted LAX vs Joe and Angle tbh

07-02-2007, 11:07 PM
(Chris Benoit on a rope match!)

Actually, that's just tasteless, and not really much of a joke. :/

Mr. Nerfect
07-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels was the best choice possible for the main event of Victory Road. 3/4 of the match are TNA bred wrestlers, and Angle working with them is kind of a dream that things like the glass ceiling prevent. The LAX were the second best option. They are hot at the moment, and although they don't have the same singles success as Styles and Daniels in TNA, I guess it is a tag team match, and they could be made to look well-oiled as a unit, and ready to take down the big players. Team 3D were the worst possible choices. Broken down Attitude-era guys who can't even hold the fans interest (so that can't be an excuse for using them).

I hope Samoa Joe gets the pin, retains the X-Division Championship and names Kurt Angle his partner. Angle and Joe have a lot of tension at the moment, and the only reason Joe won the X-Division belt was to put him in the match with Angle. Have Angle and Joe lose the TNA World Tag Team Titles to The LAX, and then have Angle cost Joe the TNA X-Division Title. Angle vs. Joe is set, and we get some good matches and rubs. That's the only way this Championship showcase match is going to mean anything. Unfortunately, TNA have ruined the chances of it meaning anything when it does actually take place. It can only really happen in the aftermath.

I'm looking forward to the ten-man Ultimate-X. I read it as a Gauntlet Match, which would have been awesome, but while this match will be crowded, it will be awesome. A simple three-way just pitting Jay Lethal against Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian would have been fine, though. Maybe throw in Matt Sydal, or someone from Japan, or even just good ol' Petey Williams. Ten men might be taking things a bit far.

Mr. JL
07-03-2007, 07:20 AM
I will kill to see a ONE ON ONE Ultimate X match.

10 Men? Fucking TNA...

Mr. JL
07-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Also announced for the match...

Kevin Nash, Mr. Backlund and Don West will be shot out of a cannon at various angles of their choice to see if they can grab the X Division belt!

The Fugitive
07-03-2007, 07:36 AM
I will kill to see a twenty-man Ultimate X match.

Whaaa? :shifty:

Erebus
07-03-2007, 01:35 PM
I wanted LAX vs Joe and Angle tbh

Same here. I wanted Angle to cost Joe the match and the x-title to Homicide. At least that might've been more interesting than 3D in the ME.

Jordan
07-03-2007, 02:28 PM
3-D is a great team and the match will still be awesome. I have always bought 3-D as main eventers.

Theo Dious
07-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Same here. I wanted Angle to cost Joe the match and the x-title to Homicide. At least that might've been more interesting than 3D in the ME.

3D in the ME at the PPV? :lol:

Theo Dious
07-03-2007, 03:25 PM
3-D is a great team and the match will still be awesome. I have always bought 3-D as main eventers.

I've always bought them as fill-in, temporary main eventers. They're over enough to fill up a month or two while the next ME guy is being groomed in the midcard.

Erebus
07-03-2007, 04:53 PM
3D in the ME at the PPV? :lol:

lol.

3D in the ME at the PPV doing the J.O.B.

Splaya
07-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Also announced for the match...

Kevin Nash, Mr. Backlund and Don West will be shot out of a cannon at various angles of their choice to see if they can grab the X Division belt!

But will Nash's quad survive the event

Too late :shifty:?