PDA

View Full Version : Nick Diaz vs Gomi at Pride 33..

Kris P Lettus
07-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Was an awesome fight wich ended in Diaz getting Gomi is some crazy choke using his leg in almost a guillitine..

Anyway they threw it out because Diaz tested positive for weed after the fight.. My question is, why should it be thrown out?? I can see suspening him, docking pay, etc but weed is not a preformance enhancing drug in anyway shape or form.. Pretty gay..

I'm looking for a vid of the fight but can't seem to find one..

Stickman
07-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Flame away but it's illegal by society so why should it be legal in sports?

Jordan
07-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Stickman that logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Rob
07-10-2007, 02:10 PM
In Vegas the rules mean the decision is a no contest. If it happened in California, he still would have won.

Doesn't matter anyway, the visual means everything and Diaz beat Gomi.

Stickman
07-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Stickman that logic makes no sense whatsoever.

It does. The drug is not legal in society so why are athletes above it? It's obviously NOT a performance enhancing drug though. If he tested postive for cocaine should it have been thrown out?

Kris P Lettus
07-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Cocaine is a speed that increases the heart rate.. Weed is like alcohol.. Henders fighters more than helps..

I believe in other sports they make the distinction between preformance enhancing and just banned substances..

Stickman
07-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Cocaine is a speed that increases the heart rate.. Weed is like alcohol.. Henders fighters more than helps..

I believe in other sports they make the distinction between preformance enhancing and just banned substances..

So is weed not on the banned list?

Kris P Lettus
07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Yes due to it being illegal.. What I am saying is, other than that, why should Pride care he smokes??

Not gonna turn this into a "legalize it" thread but I get really tired of people saying weed is bad because it is illegal..

The NCAA didn't take away Ricky Williams Heisman because he later tested positive.. Why should Pride take away a decisive win for the same thing??

Stickman
07-10-2007, 03:48 PM
It's probably an image thing. They don't want people thinking their athletes are druggies. It's possible.

Kris P Lettus
07-10-2007, 03:49 PM
They kick ass for a living, not teach kindergarden..

Also, if they (Pride FC) were the ones doing the testing, how would anyone know, if they just didn't release the info??

McLegend
07-10-2007, 04:18 PM
It has nothing to do with Pride taking away anything. If it was up to Pride there would be no testing. They don't test in Japan.

It's all about the Nevada and various state athletic commissions

Reavant
07-10-2007, 04:40 PM

not to nit pick but weed is the opposite of alcohol... it speeds you up so much that your body cant keep up and your brain shut you down... thats why you get so hungry, your matabolism freakes out for a bit then like stops but you body thinks your burning mad amounts of food but really your almost catatonic.

Kris P Lettus
07-10-2007, 06:14 PM
I have heard of weed high being closely related to "runner's high" but how many times have you smoked and gone to work out??

9 times outta 10, you'd sit on your ass and watch tv etc..

Rob
07-10-2007, 07:16 PM
If anything, weed detracted Diaz' performance which really makes it more impressive. Like I said earlier, doesn't matter what Nevada State say because everyone who saw that fight so Diaz fucking HUMBLE Gomi.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-10-2007, 07:45 PM
lol Diaz was high to the point he was just fucking with him. Didn't go for the kill, more looked like he was just thinking "haha, this is fun *punch, punch, punch, Gomi swings a misses* haha, dumb cunt" *punch punch*

Apocolyptik1
07-10-2007, 08:32 PM
The fight was awesome.

That entire card was awesome.

But like someone said, it has nothing to do with Pride. NSAC took his win away. I got over that a long time ago. What I am hung up on now is that they dont or havent taken away wins for steriod use, but the take away Diaz's win for marijuana.

Example; Gracie beats Sakuraba then tests positive for "performance enhancing" drugs, yet still has his win. Where is the justice?

Kris P Lettus
07-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Yeah, that's kinda the point I was going after..

I lol'ed when Diaz kept handing his hands up and then busting Gomi in the face..

Stickman
07-11-2007, 03:36 PM
The

Example; Gracie beats Sakuraba then tests positive for "performance enhancing" drugs, yet still has his win. Where is the justice?

Different states have different rules.

Jordan
07-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Sick, I was joking.

Jordan
07-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Stick, whatever.

The Show Off
08-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Diaz's gogopalata makes me believe that Nick Diaz is the Light-Weight Champion in Mixed Martial Arts because he beat Takanori Gomi who was widly considered the greatest Lightweight in MMA. The pot suspension doesn't mean anything to me, nor does the reverasl. All I remember is seeing the guy that everyone thought was the best getting choked out by the rarest submission this side of the flying arm bar.