PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Edge

Stickman
07-17-2007, 03:46 PM
- I actually like the guy.
-Hate the spear he does
- He's actually pretty decent in the ring
- Good on the mic if they gave him decent shit to talk about.
- Looks a bit like Brian Pillman
- He would be an awesome leader of a stable.

In conclusion, give Edge a heel stable.

Discuss

Anybody Thrilla
07-17-2007, 04:02 PM
He's injured.

Londoner
07-17-2007, 04:08 PM
He's injured.

PepperCarrotMan
07-17-2007, 04:14 PM
He's injured.

Yeah that Bathturd got injured and no were gonna have to watch boring Batista reign #3 (or is it 2? I DONT KNOOOOOOW!)

Anybody Thrilla
07-17-2007, 04:14 PM
I love Edge. It's just sad to think about how short his reign will be cut now.

Anybody Thrilla
07-17-2007, 04:15 PM
YOUR POST IS TOO TIGHT TOO, PEPPERCARROTMAN!

Kane Knight
07-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Sloppy worker, slightly boring, his current persona makes me change the channel. He used to be decent, but he only works out to be good when being carried.

BigDaddyCool
07-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I agree with KK. He is good when he wants to be.

He is miles ahead of Bats, but that isn't saying much. Christian carried E&C.

BigDaddyCool
07-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Also, the only time he shines is against the Hardies or in a ladder match (usually against the hardies.)

RVDmark
07-17-2007, 09:59 PM
I agree with KK. He is good when he wants to be.

He is miles ahead of Bats, but that isn't saying much. Christian carried E&C.

E & C were good but I always liked Edge more than Christian. I like Edge but I do have to agree he is only brilliant on occasion and then mildly good for the rest. Then again there are only a handful of guys on the roster who could be brilliant even occasionally. Its a personal preference thing really. That being said I was looking forward to a long run for him.

Kane Knight
07-17-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm not going out on a limb here, even, when I say Cena>Edge.

RVDmark
07-17-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm not going out on a limb here, even, when I say Cena>Edge.

So 5 moves of doom > 5 moods of gloom.

mrslackalack
07-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Edge is the type of performer that can hit a grand slam one day and then strikeout the next. I think his injury is a big loss for Smackdown though.

Kane Knight
07-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Edge is the type of performer that can bunt one day and then strikeout the next. I think his injury is a big loss for Smackdown though.

The Naitch
07-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Edge is the type of performer that can strikeout one day and then strikeout the next. I think his injury is a RAAAAAR! CHOP! RAAAAAR! for Smackdown though.

Mr. Nerfect
07-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Edge was great during his early days. He's a more than capable wrestler, and right up until 2002 he was delivering the goods. Then he got injured, bulked up on steroids and came back and was just less interesting than he was. Then he really got into a grove as a heel for a bit, probably because he actually had decent chemistry with John Cena, and he carried their feud on RAW last year. Yeah, I said it, Edge carried that feud.

I might have missed something on first viewing, but I really don't think Cena did much of anything in that match. The interest factor was all Edge.

I'm hoping that when he returns from this injury, he uses it to modify his character slightly, though. Give him more of an entertaining persona like in the E&C days.

But as far as ring skills go, Edge is probably A- on a good day, B- on a bad day.

SammyG
07-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Edge is a great performer. Easily my favorite wrestler on Smackdown.