PDA

View Full Version : Soma Joe Fans

FourFifty
07-20-2007, 06:37 PM
When it comes to my years as a wrestling fan I've always been loyal to WWE. During the monday night wars, when ECW was it's own company, watching XPW, CZW, folloing OVW and watching TNA, I've always gone back to WWE.
But I'd like to say I give every wrestler a fair chance. Hell, I even gave Mark Henry a fair chance when he first came out. I've seen a lot of wrestlers who I don't like but I understand why other people like them....
'cept one. There is one wrestler who just puts me to sleep. Soma Joe. I don't see why anyone could like this guy. Decent ring skills, sub-par promo skills, and the worst name in the industy. Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz was a better name.

I've tired to give Soma Joe a fair chance, but I don't see why anyone likes this guy. Not trying to take anything away from the man, but why does anyone like him?

James Steele
07-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Thank you.

IC Champion
07-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Soma Joe.

07-20-2007, 06:57 PM
Watching Samoa Joe is like watching a lava lamp.

Jordan
07-20-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't watch TNA but I have seen it and seen Joe in TNA, and he's pretty good. Not so great these days but when he first came in he was the man. Same in ROH, the fucking man. He needs to leave TNA and you will see him kick some face in at ROH.

diothoir
07-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Don't really like TNA or follow ROH but I've liked everything of Joe's I've seen.

Also, from the topic title, I thought this might've been about Eugene. :$

FourFifty
07-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Also, from the topic title, I thought this might've been about Eugene. :$
:rofl::rofl::|:shifty::rofl::rofl:

Super V
07-20-2007, 07:32 PM
When it comes to my years as a wrestling fan I've always been loyal to WWE. During the monday night wars, when ECW was it's own company, watching XPW, CZW, folloing OVW and watching TNA, I've always gone back to WWE.
But I'd like to say I give every wrestler a fair chance. Hell, I even gave Mark Henry a fair chance when he first came out. I've seen a lot of wrestlers who I don't like but I understand why other people like them....
'cept one. There is one wrestler who just puts me to sleep. Soma Joe. I don't see why anyone could like this guy. Decent ring skills, sub-par promo skills, and the worst name in the industy. Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz was a better name.

I've tired to give Soma Joe a fair chance, but I don't see why anyone likes this guy. Not trying to take anything away from the man, but why does anyone like him?
I love the way it seemingly kills you inside that people like Samoa Joe. Horrible attempt at smark trolling today alchy.

Mr. Nerfect
07-20-2007, 07:33 PM
I guess to each his own, but you can't understand why anyone likes him? The man is great in the ring and oozes charisma. His mic skills aren't sub par, either. His promos are sweet and to the point. He doesn't get fancy, and I actually find that refreshing.

The man has never been my favourite wrestler, but he's damn great in the ring. For a guy his size, he has got a lot of ring skills. Grounding a guy is believeable with Joe behind the offence, and he's got some nice power moves on him. In ROH, occasionally the fans would make his match, but Joe is arguably still learning (he's not even 30 yet, I believe), and he's already had better matches in his young career than most have in their lifetime.

Take John Cena, for example. Cena debuted in the WWE in 2002. Assuming Samoa Joe debuted in ROH of the same year (I think he did, but it might have been 2003), there is no comparison as to who has had the better matches. Samoa Joe went the distance with CM Punk twice (matches generally regarded as modern classics), had great matches with Paul London, Austin Aries, Christopher Daniels, etc. A lot of people consider John Cena's matches with HBK and Umaga great ones, but personally they bored me shitless. So yeah, to each his own, I guess.

From someone who generally likes the guy, though, he's a technical wrestler in the body of someone you would mistake for a slug, and some of the stuff he does just becomes so much more interesting because it's a large Samoan doing it. I haven't seen much of Joe in TNA, but what I have seen from him (specifically his X-Division days) has been really entertaining stuff. His 3-Way with AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels was great.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Out of curiousity, have you only seen his TNA stuff? For the most part, I hate his TNA stuff.

Fignuts
07-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Different people have different tastes when it comes to wrestling styles. There are a lot of american fans who don't like a puro style, and thats kind of what joe brings, albiet with a little western showmanship mixed in.

Nark Order
07-20-2007, 07:39 PM
I dunno, he's always had a certain appeal to me. Granted, I'm not his biggest fan in the world but his appeal is pretty evident to me. He's always shown great in-ring skill, has a commanding presence, has the ability to work a crowd, has a great finisher, and can move with surprising amounts of agility despite being the size that he is. And I'm not going to be the one that says "He's great for a guy his size" because I think he's pretty impressive for a man of any size. TNA needs a Joe in the mix of their roster right now. Joe can go face or heel at the drop of a hat, he's credible, and has a huge following amongst the smark crowds and mark crowds alike.

You can not like him but saying that nobody should like his is a bit ignorant.

Jura
07-20-2007, 08:27 PM
He's a good talker.

Kane Knight
07-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Soma Joe.

Sad how accurate the typo is.

James Steele
07-20-2007, 09:26 PM
Sad how accurate the typo is.

He did that on purpose.

IC Champion
07-20-2007, 09:38 PM
LOL

Kane Knight
07-20-2007, 10:08 PM
He did that on purpose.

If it was accurate, he would have said something in the first post. :shifty:

Kane Knight
07-20-2007, 10:13 PM
The man oozes.

Which is why he's being cast as Pizza the Hutt in Spaceballs: The Series.

07-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Which is why he's being cast as Pizza the Hutt in Spaceballs: The Series.

I'd pay to watch Joe eat himself.

Well, probably.

Kane Knight
07-20-2007, 10:25 PM
I'd pay to watch Joe eat himself.

Well, probably.

Unless it was X-Rated.

07-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Touche.

BigDaddyCool
07-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't really care for Fat Ass Joe. He kinda just sucks.

darkpower
07-21-2007, 04:43 AM
Remember....alot of the "smart marks" love John Cena and have some damn good reasons to back up them liking him.

This isn't too uncommon for someone to be "out of the mainstream" when it comes to liking or disliking someone.

chrisat928
07-21-2007, 04:59 AM
This conversation sounds eeriely similar to several I've heard about John Cena.

Kane Knight
07-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Joe's promos are okay, his ringwork is lackluster at best.

Looking at him in the indies, his promos were okay, his ringwork was okay. He was nothing special, and deserves to be like third tier tops.

FourFifty
07-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Blah blah blah, have you seen his indy work?

No, All I've seen is Joe in TNA.
Albeit I'd love to see him in WWE just to become Cena fodder and then burried by Mark Henry and Funaki.