PDA

View Full Version : JR vs Me

Mooияakeя™
07-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Today, watching RAW. Orton did what I'd say was a lariat on Cody. JR goes and says "oh what what a closeline". I think this is wrong. He's always saying it. Is he allergic to saying "lariat" cos it's always a clothesline.

now he has loads of years and insider info on the biz on me, so I know crap compared. But seriously. If someguy has just turned round and some bugger turns him inside out (well not like the Rikishi days, but include that if u want), then that's a lariat surely?

I mean, JR called the Whisper in the Wind the Twist Of Fate at GAB, he's got Carlito's move wrong, even the King corrected him today... so I dunno if he's losing it.

James Steele
07-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Welcome to 4 years ago.

XL
07-24-2007, 08:14 AM
So, is a lariat just a really strong clothesline?

And if it is, at what strength does it become a lariat?

Super V
07-24-2007, 09:03 AM
You were right. It was a lariat. Clotheslines are for pussies.

mrslackalack
07-24-2007, 10:17 PM
haha JR

What Would Kevin Do?
07-25-2007, 03:32 AM
If you're asking what the differenc is...

A clothesline is esentially when the arm is extended, and you run into the opponent, the opponent runs into it.

A lariat is when you actually swing your arm and connect. JBL's "Clothesline from hell" is actually a lariat, for the most part.

Disturbed316
07-25-2007, 06:24 AM
LARIAT FROM HECK!

Xero
07-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Tazz: Clothesline from hell... :roll: :|

BigDaddyCool
07-25-2007, 01:38 PM
You know, I don't care about the difference between a lariet and clothesline. What chaps my balls is that ever suplex JR calls is a modified suplex. Not a german, or t-bone, or northern lights. No it is just a modified suplex or just a throw. Damn JR is either dumb or lazy.

Stickman
07-25-2007, 01:38 PM
I haven't heard the term lariat in a long time.

BigDaddyCool
07-25-2007, 01:39 PM
I haven't heard the term lariat in a long time.

There should be a communist wrestler with a finisher called the proli-lariat. I would laugh.

BigDaddyCool
07-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Then I would no sell it, because seriously, fucked the prolitariate.

Jordan
07-25-2007, 02:08 PM
I think JR is told not to be too technical thats why people think he has gotten worse the past few years.

Stickman
07-25-2007, 03:56 PM
I think JR is told not to be too technical thats why people think he has gotten worse the past few years.

You're probably onto something there.

Rob
07-25-2007, 04:52 PM
They have NEVER used lariat in the WWE. Always been clothesline.

Mooияakeя™
07-25-2007, 06:21 PM
I know RoH always use "Lariat" for McGuiness, hence why I was confused. Ach well. Just noticed it.

/me slaps all of WWE. Lariat is good. Do not fear this word.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Lariat from hell sounds queer

What Would Kevin Do?
07-26-2007, 01:55 AM
ROH uses lariet/ a lot of guys in ROH actually throw a lariat as they wrestle a more Japanese style. Lariats are big in Japan (Hansen, Kobashi, Kojima, etc). Then again, Japan in general is much bigger on strikes than WWE is. You'll probably never see a world title match end with a running elbow strike in the WWE.

Unless we're talking about metal plate gimick Lex Luger.

Nervous Ferret
07-26-2007, 02:57 AM
LARIAT FROM HECK!yes

Hanso Amore
07-26-2007, 05:58 AM
ROH uses lariet/ a lot of guys in ROH actually throw a lariat as they wrestle a more Japanese style. Lariats are big in Japan (Hansen, Kobashi, Kojima, etc). Then again, Japan in general is much bigger on strikes than WWE is. You'll probably never see a world title match end with a running elbow strike in the WWE.

Unless we're talking about metal plate gimick Lex Luger.

Word....Roaring Elbow FTW

jcmoorehead
07-26-2007, 02:14 PM
They have NEVER used lariat in the WWE. Always been clothesline.

I always thought Bradshaws Clothesline from Hell back in 96/97 was called a Lariat before they decided to name it the Clothesline from Hell. I'm pretty sure it was just before he teamed with Farooq. I'm probably wrong but I could have sworn they called it the Lariat before going with the term Clothesline From hell.

Vastardikai
08-01-2007, 02:45 PM
^

Indeed.

Also, when Stan Hansen was in the WWWF (i think it had 3 Ws then), he used the Lariat as his finish.

Innovator
08-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Homicide used the Lariat a lot in ROH, took off his elbow pad then BAM

OssMan
08-03-2007, 02:37 AM
Today, watching RAW. Orton did what I'd say was a lariat on Cody. JR goes and says "oh what what a closeline". I think this is wrong. He's always saying it. Is he allergic to saying "lariat" cos it's always a clothesline.

now he has loads of years and insider info on the biz on me, so I know crap compared. But seriously. If someguy has just turned round and some bugger turns him inside out (well not like the Rikishi days, but include that if u want), then that's a lariat surely?

I mean, JR called the Whisper in the Wind the Twist Of Fate at GAB, he's got Carlito's move wrong, even the King corrected him today... so I dunno if he's losing it.THIS IS NOT A QUESTION NOR AN ANSWER! Do not preach this blasphemy in the Wrestling Q&A Forum without a Q or an A! I will banish you for life!

chrisat928
08-03-2007, 04:18 AM
I remember before WCW got huge, WWF did call a particularly hard clothesline a lariat, but WCWs announcers started calling virtually every clothesline a lariat, WWF started calling every clothesline/lariat a clothesline.

TerranRich
08-07-2007, 10:17 AM
LARIAT FROM A SUBTERRANEAN LAIR!