PDA

View Full Version : Official MB's "Thoughts On Raw" Thread 07/23/07

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 01:43 PM
1. THANK YOU JEBUS...It looks as if the Cena Reign of Terror is coming to a close at SS. I don't want to jump the gun on this one though, as Cena always manages to "overcome the odds" but I don't think its happening now. Especially witht he rumors of Trips pushing for an Orton reign so they can fued when he returns. Thank god. I would like to see Cena control the match and then receive a viscious RKO out of nowhere and go down for the 1, 2, 3.

2. Glad to see Santino on the mic a little, and away from the title picture. They need to develop some character on him before he can ever be taken seriously. I don't know that this angle with Maria is the right way to go, but its better than no angle at all.

3. Enjoyed the Hardy/Kennedy match. One of the better matches on Raw in quite some time.

4. As pertaining to the above...I feel the need to address the topic of Jeff Hardy. I've never seen him as a legit main eventer, until last night. Before, back maybe 6 years ago or so when he was at his peak of overness I thought he might work in and out of the main event, and maybe one brief title run, but I wouldn't like it. When he returned, particularly his (re)debut with Edge I thought they might try and stick him in the main event and I thought it was a horrible idea and that his time had LONG since passed. Something about last night, and perhaps the past month or so has changed my mind. He is as over, if not more over than he has ever been. And he is this over, without any mic skills and about average in ring ability. If they could work with him a little on cutting a promo and he could get that at least somewhat decent he could definately be main eventing. Now, I think his limit is probably two title reigns, neither of more than three months. He is no long term solution to ratings or sales, he's not going to be The Rock, Austin, Jericho, Trips, HBK, etc...He would make a good short term champion and he could battle on the edge of the title scene for the rest of his career.

5. The main event was retarded.

So I guess what I would like to hear the most are of the two more important topics...How do you guys feel and about the Cena/Orton situation and What would you do with Jeff Hardy?

Xero
07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately the only reason Cena is losing is so he doesn't get jobbed out to Hunter. Basically they're keeping him strong until he takes it off Triple H again.

As for Santino, Jesus Christ the man is HORRID on the mic, whether they want him to be or not. I cringed every time he talked during the match. "I taught this to her! *Cross body* Yeah! *giggle* that was-a great!"

BigDaddyCool
07-24-2007, 01:54 PM
These are always gold. Anyhow, the mainevent was crap from the word go.

I mean, we all knew what was going to happen, Cena would fight everyone off, then start getting beat up. Dumb Bitch, or whatever her name is, would get pulled in the ring. Someone would save the day because it was no dq, and then Supercena would no sell the previous beat down, and win the match,

BigDaddyCool
07-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh, and then that happened.

Xero
07-24-2007, 01:56 PM
I mean, we all knew what was going to happen, Cena would fight everyone off, then start getting beat up. Dumb Bitch, or whatever her name is, would get pulled in the ring. Someone would save the day because it was no dq, and then Supercena would no sell the previous beat down, and win the match,
LOL, I figured that's exactly what happened. I completely skipped the match just to see who Cena was going against.

Loose Cannon
07-24-2007, 01:58 PM
actually, I loved the way it played out though. Psychology wise, everyone was on par and the crowd was hot for the Candice spot.

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 02:10 PM
I didn't exactly like Santino on the mic, or the angle with Maria. But its better than no angle at all and its better having him on commentary than in an IC Title match.

Innovator
07-24-2007, 02:14 PM
For some reason I can see Jeff Hardy winning the Royal Rumble.

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Wasn't Santino also just playing a jobber heel on Heat or a House Show or somewhere the other day? Way to have some continuity WWE.

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 02:18 PM
For some reason I can see Jeff Hardy winning the Royal Rumble.

Yeh, that thought has crossed my mind.

What would be a good fued/matchup for him? I think I would go with Kennedy, and let two new guys (at least new to the main event for Hardy) headline the biggest show in sports entertainment. I think it would be good for the company and good for wrestling to see some new faces. I would put Hardy over Kennedy at Mania, but Kennedy would definately be the bigger main eventer long term.

Innovator
07-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I can see Hardy vs. Cena or Hardy vs. HHH

Hardy and Cena could be based off of Cena always being the underdog, but Hardy is the ultimate underdog and can his dream come true

Hardy and HHH would be based around Hardy beating him for the IC Title, saying he did it once and he could do it again.

Super V
07-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Here's hoping Randy Orton behaves himself.

Londoner
07-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah very good Raw imo, i hope they continue this way for the rest of the month leading upto summerslam atleast. I bet next weeks raw sucks though.

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Here's hoping Randy Orton behaves himself.

I second that.

I could see him trashing a hotel room again between now and SS and we get Cena vs. Lashley II. :nono:

Innovator
07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
2 more RAWs until the Garden RAW, which will probably be when the Chosen Son returns.

So next week Booker beats Lawler up, then a week later runs his mouth until its announced HHH returns next week.

Anybody Thrilla
Wasn't Santino also just playing a jobber heel on Heat or a House Show or somewhere the other day? Way to have some continuity WWE.

House shows don't need continuity. That's the whole point of them.

Anyway, I'm intrigued with Santino right now. I made a thread about it. Go there for my thoughts on that.

But yeah....I've NEVER really liked Jeff Hardy, but something about his performances since his return are really, really growing on me. I watched Raw with my 8-year-old cousin. Jeff's his favorite, and I don't know what it was, but I was marking out for Jeff Hardy. That has NEVER happened. I don't mind seeing Jeff Hardy at all right now, and I hope he keeps up the good work.

I found myself marking out for Randy Orton too, but that always happens. I still don't see him going over Cena, though.

Also, was that crowd hot or what?

Innovator
I second that.

I could see him trashing a hotel room again between now and SS and we get Cena vs. Lashley II. :nono:If he trashes another hotel room, he'll go over

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 02:26 PM
One of the hotter crowds in a while. Anywhere in the central valley of CA is going to have a hot crowd though. We're a restless bunch.

Londoner
07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
2 more RAWs until the Garden RAW, which will probably be when the Chosen Son returns.

So next week Booker beats Lawler up, then a week later runs his mouth until its announced HHH returns next week.

Well next week they're having a match, i reckon lawler will shockingly beat Booker somehow, Booker will be pissed and in the following week will try to get revenge by beating King up, then HHH saves the day.

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I really hope Lawler doesn't go over Booker. That wouldn't help anybody.

Also, as much as I feel I shouldn't, I'm kind of enjoying that feud. Maybe knowing that there will be a Triple H pay off helps in the back of my mind.

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 02:38 PM
The Book has always made thing more entertaining than they should be. A rare quality among a lot of todays stars. I wish they would make the upcoming title fued around him and Triple H.

chrisat928
07-24-2007, 03:07 PM
How is Jeff Hardy not dead? Seriously? When he slipped off the top rope, I said "Holy SHIT!" yet he continued the match, and went for the move a second time.

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 03:10 PM
It looked like he 'botched' that on purpose, the way he did the split-legged thing.

James Steele
07-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Jeff Hardy has been on a whole other level since his return and he is coming off like a "big time" wrestler to me. I think if he goes to SD! he would be WHC, but I don't think there is a chance in hell of him getting the WWE title on RAW.

Mr. Nerfect
07-25-2007, 05:53 AM
Unfortunately the only reason Cena is losing is so he doesn't get jobbed out to Hunter. Basically they're keeping him strong until he takes it off Triple H again.

As for Santino, Jesus Christ the man is HORRID on the mic, whether they want him to be or not. I cringed every time he talked during the match. "I taught this to her! *Cross body* Yeah! *giggle* that was-a great!"

I'm sorry, I disagree. What he says may be horrible, but chances are that's fed to him. I think the plan for it is to be purposely horrible (as you suggested), to fuel a heel turn. The man is actually quite good at speaking, and has a lot of personality. HORRID on the mic is when you go "you bathturd."

Jeff Hardy has never been my favourite, Matt's always been leaps and bounds better to me, but he has been solid since returning to the WWE. I might buy him as a part-time main eventer, and I can see him and John Cena headlining next week's show in a tag team match. Good for him, I guess. I don't think they should put the IC Title on him at Summerslam, though. Have Umaga beat Jeff Hardy, and then have Umaga go to hurt Jeff further, but for Jeff to make a comeback, and add more fuel to the feud. Jeff can go over in a Steel Cage Match at Unforgiven, or something.

Theo Dious
07-25-2007, 09:08 AM
It looked like he 'botched' that on purpose, the way he did the split-legged thing.

Kennedy really helped to cover for it too, he never missed a beat. :y:

Tommy Gunn
07-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah, it made me shout "fuck" when Jeff fell on his head. Also the way Kennedy immediately kind of back stepped, and the fact Raw is live, really made me believe for a few seconds that Jeff Hardy had FINALLY killed himself.

Anybody Thrilla
07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
I mentioned this in the Raw thread, but this week's Raw felt like it was from the Attitude Era to me. Just a lot of unexpected stuff going on.

James Steele
07-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Kennedy really helped to cover for it too, he never missed a beat. :y:
Don't let KoOS or KK hear you say that. If someone is popular and talented, then they have to bitch about how they are popular and untalented just to start an agrument they can win by just typing long drawn out posts repeating the same shit over and over again that nobody wants to bother replying to since its a lost cause.

St. Jimmy
07-25-2007, 06:27 PM
I'd ask Jeff to go back to TNA.

Mercury Bullet
07-26-2007, 11:53 AM
I mentioned this in the Raw thread, but this week's Raw felt like it was from the Attitude Era to me. Just a lot of unexpected stuff going on.

It was like a bad show from the attitude era. I mean, by todays standards it was pretty good but about 8 years ago we would have shrugged our shoulders at it. Still an improvement over a lot of stuff as of late.

One thing in particular, back to the Hardy/Kennedy match. Now it made me think of them as main eventers, but the fact is that they are not at the moment. So in retrospect now, that match made me care about the mid/upper mid-card on Raw for the first time in a LONG time.

Mercury Bullet
07-26-2007, 11:54 AM
I'd ask Jeff to go back to TNA.

Mmm...:-\

I dunno about that.