PDA

View Full Version : I think I see what's about to happen with Santino Marella... (Raw spoiler)

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 02:12 PM
...and I think I really like it.

I see him continuing to help Maria win matches (without her ever asking for it), and she gets mad at him because it's not fair. In his mind, though, he's just doing it all out of love. Eventually, she'll try and part ways with him, and he'll become this obsessive stalker type (so a heel, naturally). I know it may be too early to tell, but IF this happens, it could be potentially entertaining.

Also, I enjoyed Santino on commentary for some reason.

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I would be okay with that, at least its something for him to do. Can't say I liked his commentary work too much though.

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 02:21 PM
I liked his commentary, though it was a bit repetitive, but amusing.

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 02:22 PM
It would make my ears bleed to hear much more of it than I did, I must say.

KingofOldSchool
07-24-2007, 02:24 PM
"Heya a Maria looka soa abeautiful. Howa dare they hurta hera prettya ah hair. Dat's a spicay meatbawl!"

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
I liked his commentary, though it was a bit repetitive, but amusing.

Yeah, I'm not saying I'd like to hear him at the booth every week, but something about his delivery was hilarious to me.

I especially liked when Lawler asked him if he had been teaching Maria moves, and he said something to the effect of 'well, we grapple, and we roll around together', and Lawler's like 'wrestling moves!'. Cheesy, but funny to me.

Also, the way he hugged Mickie James, maybe it could be more than just Maria. Maybe he could stalk ALL of the divas. He'd be awesome if he did that.

Xero
07-24-2007, 02:29 PM
JAGF

Just Another Green Fuck.

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 02:30 PM
They could all start to enjoy his company as a buddy or something, and then when he moves in for more they all start to back off of them. He should be a heel that doesn't realize he is and doesn't understand why people are booing him and why the divas don't like him. I like the stalking idea, but not like weirdo creepy stalker, instead he cant understand why they dont call him back so he calls them 50 times a day and leaves notes in their dressing rooms and follows them around backstage trying to give them flowers and stuff.

Wow that was a run-on sentence.

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 02:32 PM
JAGF

Just Another Green Fuck.

But at least it's something fresh. Besides, it's not his fault that the WWE decided to bring him up. He's just trying to make the best out of an opportunity. Would you at least be willing to give him a chance to be entertaining? He hasn't done anything horrid during his tenure whatsoever.

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 02:32 PM
They could all start to enjoy his company as a buddy or something, and then when he moves in for more they all start to back off of them. He should be a heel that doesn't realize he is and doesn't understand why people are booing him and why the divas don't like him. I like the stalking idea, but not like weirdo creepy stalker, instead he cant understand why they dont call him back so he calls them 50 times a day and leaves notes in their dressing rooms and follows them around backstage trying to give them flowers and stuff.

Wow that was a run-on sentence.

Yeah, that would be sweet.

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 02:37 PM
It could give him a mean streak too. He tries to act nice to all the divas and to the crowd but then gets really angry at the crowd and divas, takes it out on his opposition with a viscious streak.

BigDaddyCool
07-24-2007, 02:45 PM
I wasn't paying attention during this match....

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 02:47 PM

Maybe the commentary would have seemed worse if the match hadn't involved five pairs of lovely boobies. :drool:

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 02:49 PM

Your loss.

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 02:51 PM
On a side note I thought Melina was insanely hot last night. Don't know what it was.

KingofOldSchool
07-24-2007, 02:53 PM
On a side note I thought Mickie James was insanely hot last night. Then again, that's nothing new.

Xero
07-24-2007, 02:53 PM
But at least it's something fresh. Besides, it's not his fault that the WWE decided to bring him up. He's just trying to make the best out of an opportunity. Would you at least be willing to give him a chance to be entertaining? He hasn't done anything horrid during his tenure whatsoever.
No, because he's mediocre at best in the ring and he can't talk AT ALL. He's got nothing to bring to the WWE right now except filler. Is it WWE's fault? Yes. Doesn't mean I have to commend and like him him for "doing his best" when he's so terrible.

And "something fresh"? Since when is the "Lovy Dovey turn obviously coming" storyline NEW?

BigDaddyCool
07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Your loss.

I was getting some.

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 03:04 PM
My 4000th post was about tits. *sniff* My dad would be so proud!

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 03:05 PM
No, because he's mediocre at best in the ring and he can't talk AT ALL. He's got nothing to bring to the WWE right now except filler. Is it WWE's fault? Yes. Doesn't mean I have to commend and like him him for "doing his best" when he's so terrible.

And "something fresh"? Since when is the "Lovy Dovey turn obviously coming" storyline NEW?

If they actually ran with any of the ideas discussed in this thread, it would be new.

And he's really not "terrible", as you put it. I think his ring work is just fine, and I think he's got a really natural feel on the mic.

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 03:06 PM
I was getting some.

SWEET DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 03:07 PM
And he's really not "terrible", as you put it. I think his ring work is just fine, and I think he's got a really natural feel on the mic.

I can think of at least half a dozen worse IC champions.

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Chyna, for one.

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Chyna, for one.

And Ahmed Johnson, Umaga, Albert, Marc Mero, Road Dogg, there's your half dozen without even really thinking about it.

KingofOldSchool
07-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Nah, Ahmed Johnson was a good IC champion due to the fact that he was MEGA over at the time.

KingofOldSchool
07-24-2007, 03:16 PM
The only ones you can LEGIT claim to be on par with Marella in the terms of stinkers are Albert, Bob Holly, and probably Road Dogg as well.

Xero
07-24-2007, 03:16 PM
LOL, Umaga worse than Santino? Come on now, seriously...

Mercury Bullet
07-24-2007, 03:18 PM
I would put Umaga and Road Dogg ahead of Santino. Probably Ahmed too.

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 03:19 PM
LOL, Umaga worse than Santino? Come on now, seriously...

Marella at least made the IC title look like a prize. Umaga basically shoved it up his ass for several months, plus he was YET ANOTHER undefending IC champion at Wrestlemania.

KingofOldSchool
07-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Marella at least made the IC title look like a prize. Umaga basically shoved it up his ass for several months, plus he was YET ANOTHER undefending IC champion at Wrestlemania.

Just because the writers are morons doesn't mean that Umaga is a shitty champion.

At least the IC Champion was in a high profile match at Wrestlemania, I think that trumps defending the title in a throw away match.

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 03:24 PM
At least the IC Champion was in a high profile match at Wrestlemania, I think that trumps defending the title in a throw away match.

Not when the title is made to look less valuable than two old men's hair.

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

...Albert.

:lol::lol::lol:

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Not when the title is made to look less valuable than two old men's hair.

Yeah, word, same goes for the ECW Championship.

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 03:28 PM
The only ones you can LEGIT claim to be on par with Marella in the terms of stinkers are Albert, Bob Holly, and probably Road Dogg as well.

...Holly was IC champion? He's not listed in the history on WWE.com...

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Maybe Holly killed somebody and then himself?

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Yeah, word, same goes for the ECW Championship.

Yeah, I don't think you'll catch anyone calling Lashley a good ECW champion, and he and Umaga are pretty much equivalent in their runs. Whether you think Marella is better or worse than Umaga can be debated, but neither of them was really a good champion.

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Maybe Holly killed somebody and then himself?

No, Benoit's NAME is still there, it's just not a link anymore...

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 03:34 PM
I think some people are getting 'Umaga, the wrestler' confused with 'Umaga, the champion'. Regardless, his first reign wasn't too fantastic, but I think his current one might turn out better.

Either way, I thought giving Santino the Intercontinental championship was a creative debut at the very least, and soon after, they made it quite clear that he isn't on the same level of people who were already on Raw (besides Chris Masters, for some reason). No harm, no foul.

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 03:38 PM
Ten years ago Marella's and Umaga's reigns would have been a real black mark on the IC title... now it's like finding a coffee stain on a bedsheet that's already full of holes. :nono:

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 03:40 PM
As long as I'm already pissed off, I should mention that if the IC title isn't defended at WM24, I'm sending Vince some flaming poo.

mrslackalack
07-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Marella will eventually get obsessive and turn heel, get wins over guys like Hacksaw, Super Crazy, and Val Venis then a month later starting to easily lose to guys like Jeff Hardy, and London and Kendrick and then be a HEAT regular jobbing to guys like Crazy, Hacksaw, and Val.

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 03:43 PM
But he'll be entertaining for a minute until then. I'm not calling for the guy to get a huge push, but I'd just like to see it go in this direction.

mrslackalack
07-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Id say Albert (with all due respect) was the worst I-C champ of all time.

Theo Dious
07-24-2007, 03:46 PM
*cough* Dean Douglas *coughcough*

Anybody Thrilla
07-24-2007, 04:03 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Hip Hop Hippo!

:rofl:

...I'm sorry guys, carry on....*snicker*

Mr. Nerfect
07-25-2007, 05:44 AM
I think some people are getting 'Umaga, the wrestler' confused with 'Umaga, the champion'.

That's exactly what they're doing with Santino Marella, as well. Anthony Carelli is talented as fuck. His matches haven't been great since coming in, but he's had very little to work with. What he has been asked to do, he has done very well. He dishes out strikes well, and he takes bumps more than appropriately. He is also doing a good job on the mic. Bobby Lashley and Johnny Nitro are guys that can't talk. Santino Marella can talk. I loved his promos in OVW, and he's actually introducing some personality to a dead-end character. He almost made Vince crack up in his debut promo.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with anyone who says that Marella is terrible. The man is, on the contrary, quite good, with tons of potential. The WWE are just idiots with how they are handling him.

I like the stalker idea, where he just sends the Divas flowers, and freaks them out a little bit, and then takes it out on his opponents. If they let him act more like Boris Alexiev in the ring, he will be one of the brighter workers on RAW.

As for worse Intercontinental Champions? Albert and Umaga's first name come to mind. I'm not a big fan of the Dean Douglas character, or Road Dogg's run, either. Billy Gunn's stint was handled pretty poorly, too. There have been tons of bad IC Champions.

Outsider
07-25-2007, 11:25 AM
It's hard to show any potentially when any match you win is by roll up.

Anybody Thrilla
07-25-2007, 11:35 AM
It's hard to show any potentially when any match you win is by roll up.

You gotta give him a minute to catch his groove. His character is still 'new' to the wrestling world and trying to find his bearings. Huge underdog. Underdogs love roll-up wins. That's Wrestling 101, baby.

Theo Dious
07-25-2007, 11:41 AM
You gotta give him a minute to catch his groove. His character is still 'new' to the wrestling world and trying to find his bearings. Huge underdog. Underdogs love roll-up wins. That's Wrestling 101, baby.

I just wish they'd built him up even a little bit instead of giving him a cheap title win. It's going to be really hard now for him to be accepted as anything but "that guy what won the IC title to further a stupid feud between that green black man and that tatooed Samoan."

Anybody Thrilla
07-25-2007, 12:00 PM
If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. But guess what? They didn't. What we have now is what we have, and I'm glad they're at least trying to do something with it. I'm also glad that I might actually enjoy it.

Theo Dious
07-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Yeah, but you can't blame the fans for not taking to him when they introduced him in such a shitty manner, anymore than you can't blame someone for not appreciating the beauty and fragrance of a rose if someone's coverd it in diarrhea.

Anybody Thrilla
07-25-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't really think his debut can be likened to diarrhea. It was 'shocking' and it was somewhat unique. I really don't see the beef with the debut.

Theo Dious
07-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Hotshotting a title (especially one that people have a lot of fondness for and are already angry about its treatment) is never a good idea. Fuck I didn't like it when they gave the Texas Tornado the IC title a couple months after his debut, and I was like 12 at the time.

Anybody Thrilla
07-25-2007, 01:05 PM
People got behind Carlito after he won the US title on his debut. It can work.

Theo Dious
07-25-2007, 01:09 PM
That's because Carlito had the charisma backup to make it work. And at least he had weeks worth of vignettes to prepare you for him. I'm not denying Santino's skill, but he's blander than hell and can't work a crowd.

Theo Dious
07-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Also, Carlito won the title from an on-fire Cena, which shot him some instant heel-heat, and the crowds were roaring for Cena to get him back. Nobody cared to see Umaga go after the IC title, and he was barely involved with it for like a month after losing it.

Anybody Thrilla
07-25-2007, 01:14 PM
True enough.

I was happy to see Santino win it, though, thinking that they'd actually start defending the title instead of Umaga (as I believe you said) 'sticking it up his ass'. That did happen, which was nice to see.