PDA

View Full Version : I remember when Orton VS Cena meant something.

Rammsteinmad
07-25-2007, 02:35 AM
Like, how everyone was pumped at how the two superstars of the future would one day have a massive feud.

Anyway, now we have it and nobody seems that bothered anymore. :|

Mr. Nerfect
07-25-2007, 03:48 AM
I don't know, a lot of people seem to be orgasming over Orton these days. Personally, I'm underwhelmed by it all. Neither John Cena or Randy Orton are the right choice for WWE Champion, these days. The two men that arguably should be WWE Champion are King Booker and Shawn Michaels. Fuck the others.

D Mac
07-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Orton's gonna be the one to take it and what no better place then Summerslam.

Theo Dious
07-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Honestly, this could be the best WWE title match of the year, though I doubt it will surpass Cena/Michaels.

Mooияakeя™
07-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Man, fueds used to last ages. Rock / Austin semed to go on forever. It was like "WTF is gonna happen this week" and it was booked so unexpectedly. Now u just now Cena's gonna rant, Orton will get interviewed backstage etc.

Oh man. They need to bump it up a gear. Like take it to the parking lot etc. Last great one was perhaps Edge being lobbed into a river. Ach just something I think angles need in WWE. More depth, and certainly more thought.

I do think Orton if given the freedom could own the belt for ages. Like really carry it. Have Trips chase him for ages cos HHH don't need a belt for a reaction. Him chasing would be better. But I really hope it'll be clean, rather than have him booked like Edge and keep the belt by "dodgy tactics".

Afterlife
07-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Cena/Orton "meant something" about 2 years before they actually met. Now that Cena is boring and Orton and is a little shit, most people don't care because neither outcome is favorable. It's kind of like, "Do I wander the desert for another few miles, or take a break and dry-hump a cactus?"

There is no pzazz b/c there's nothing to root for. Nobody with a sense of entertainment value wants Cena to retain, and nobody with a sense of Decency wants Orton to get a handout. Basically, no matter who wins, everybody loses.

Afterlife
07-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Oh, and Booker Tedious needs to retire, not win the title.

Rammsteinmad
07-25-2007, 11:21 AM
dry-hump a cactus?"

:naughty:

Anybody Thrilla
07-25-2007, 11:40 AM
I think it'll be a good match.

IC Champion
07-25-2007, 11:46 AM
I think they both suck and it will be terrible, just a feeling I have since neither ever wrestles any stellar matches and both need a more experienced, talented wrestler to work with to have a good match. So it will be mediorce at best.

D Mac
07-25-2007, 02:41 PM
If Orton wins, and I think he will, sure it will be some sort of screwjob.

Mooияakeя™
07-25-2007, 03:04 PM
If Orton wins, and I think he will, sure it will be some sort of screwjob.

Kennedy screwjob! - Cena vs Orton Rematch, and somehow Trips will get in on the action with Kennedy and Cena making it a 4-way for the September PPV. Trips comes close but don't get it and continues to gun for Orton, the other two go off and continue their vendetta.

apokalypse7
07-25-2007, 06:17 PM
I don't know, a lot of people seem to be orgasming over Orton these days. Personally, I'm underwhelmed by it all. Neither John Cena or Randy Orton are the right choice for WWE Champion, these days. The two men that arguably should be WWE Champion are King Booker and Shawn Michaels. Fuck the others.

I do think it would be great to see KKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG Bookah as WWE champ, but I wouldn't completely shit on Cena and Orton. I miss the old days when we could enjoy workers making their way up the ladder, but we live in the era of 8 month super pushes for greenhorns.

The One
07-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Randy Orton vs. John Cena is possibly the biggest and in my personal opinion, most exciting Main Event in a couple of years. It doesn't matter how good the actual match is, this is something that has actual invested feeling in it. So refreshing to see that back it doesn't matter that it's one half Cena.

Afterlife
07-26-2007, 03:07 AM
Yeah, and people were excited about a TransFormers movie, until it had nothing to do with TransFormers and was just a name slapped on a generic Hollywood flick.

The analogy, here, being that wanting is often more fulfilling than having; this is not logical, but it is often true.

D Mac
07-26-2007, 03:08 AM
I agree with Tovo, but that's nothing new.

Blitz
07-26-2007, 03:16 AM
Yeah, and people were excited about a TransFormers movie, until it had nothing to do with TransFormers and was just a name slapped on a generic Hollywood flick.
:wtf:

Afterlife
07-26-2007, 03:38 AM
Problem?

loosecollector
07-26-2007, 03:56 AM
Yep. It was a dream match back then. When they were both green and oozing with potential.
When they both have the "definite future of the business" aura.
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/article/533/533582/wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040726072012316.jpg

James Steele
07-26-2007, 04:03 AM
I never thought I'd say this but...

I hope Orton wins the WWE Championship.

James Steele
07-26-2007, 04:03 AM
That was harder to type than you could ever imagine.

Afterlife
07-26-2007, 04:52 AM
That's the thing, man: I empathize completely. There is no happy medium out of this scenario, shy of making a triple threat with a third party that is both talented and entertaining.

That's not going to happen, and I'm not even suggesting it. Merely pointing out the dread in the hearts of the viewers.

D Mac
07-26-2007, 06:04 AM
Well i'm looking forward to it. :foc:

Tommy Gunn
07-26-2007, 06:09 AM
I would care more if Orton got more clean wins to help build him up. Kicking in Shawn Michaels and RVD and having them falling over the ring just made Orton look weak.

But according to the WWE, Randy's head kick of doom is the only head kick amoung many used over the 3 brands that actually concusses the opponent... Yeah...

Afterlife
07-26-2007, 07:33 AM
Well i'm looking forward to it. :foc:

Then you look forward to a lackluster gridlock of tedium. I feel for your plight.

XL
07-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Fingers crossed for an Orton win and him destroying the spinner belt.

Disturbed316
07-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Fingers crossed for an Orton win and him destroying the spinner belt.

BY THE KICK OF DOOOOOOOM!

Picture the Snitsky baby punt....like that, but with the Spinner belt.

James Steele
07-26-2007, 07:21 PM
I'd bring back a modified version of the "Attitude Era" WWF Title instead of the "Undisputed" version of the WWE title. It is a good looking title, but I just think it says "WORLD CHAMPION" enough.

Fox
07-27-2007, 12:27 AM
SPOILERS

Cena wins again. Save this post and read it after Summerslam's over. You'll see.