PDA

View Full Version : I think people need to start believing the hype...

What Would Kevin Do?
07-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Bryan Danielson IS the best wrestler in the world ;)

Maybe, maybe not, but anyone who says this guy isn't an amazing wrestler is out of their mind. He may not have the best look, and he's not all about mic skills, but in the ring he is amazing.

At first, I didn't buy into him either, but the more I've seen of him, the more he grows on you, not horribly unlike a cancer. Plus, anyone who wrestles over 50 minutes AFTER separating their shoulder has my respect.

Anywho, here's a nice little video. In the meantime, discuss the best wrestler in the world. (BTW, I know many, many people won't agree with this, but if you're going to bash him, try not to bash him on hype alone, especially if you haven't watched some of his matches, k? Thanks.)

http://www.themvzone.com/videos/react/herohi.wmv

IC Champion
07-27-2007, 08:56 PM
He's a good technical wrestler, not great, his mic skills are ok, he was good as a heel, what I saw anyways.

I don't think he will ever be anything special, and to be honest, some of his matches, the one's that are supposed to be awesome, are quiet boring. He could make a solid mid-carder, but nothing really above that.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Fair enough, to each their own...

I think one of the things that work for him though, is the fact that he can wrestle just about anyone, and pull a good match out of them. I'm not saying he has to carry people left and right, but he's one of those guys who can "step up" and make a good match.

There are some of his matches I'm not a huge fan of. People seem to love his match with Strong from a year and a half ago that was over an hour.... I was meh on it. I do love his matches with KENTA though.... His recent match with Go Shiozaki was great too, IMO.

IC Champion
07-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Some matches are good, and I have liked, but others the crowd is dead, and to me the crowd matters, and yea it may have been a technically a good match, but it still sucked, atleast in my opinion.

Anybody Thrilla
07-27-2007, 10:25 PM
He's no Kurt Angle.

Anybody Thrilla
07-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Who, in turn, is no Chris Masters. :shifty:

Xero
07-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Kurt Angle is the greatest wrestler in the world.

Peroid. End of story. The complete package. The Man.

The One
07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
In the meantime, discuss the best wrestler in the world.

Shawn Michaels springs to mind, but with him out on injury (along with Hunter and Edge, two other top contenders), I think the new Best in the World Crown goes to either Kurt Angle, or possibly Christian Cage. Danielson is better than I usually credit him for, but the fact that he now has a thread dedicated to the idea of him possibly being the best in the world is the proof of this little thing called "over hyped" I keep talking about. He maybe would make my top 25...MAYBE...

The One
07-27-2007, 10:30 PM
And by the way, him making top 25 currently isn't a great statement for how great he is, it's more of an alarming position for how terrible I think the entire industry has gotten...

What Would Kevin Do?
07-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Pish Posh. You're not the best in the world unless you vocally announce it after moves ;)

What Would Kevin Do?
07-27-2007, 10:38 PM
You know, I think I've only seen like 2 Angle matches since he left the E.

The One
07-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Pish Posh. You're not the best in the world unless you vocally announce it after moves ;)

FALSE! You must Wooooo after every move to allow the crowd to know...

IC Champion
07-27-2007, 10:44 PM
LOL

What Would Kevin Do?
07-27-2007, 10:47 PM
FALSE! You must Wooooo after every move to allow the crowd to know...

Touche'

With that said... Flair really needs to retire.

The One
07-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Why does everyone say that? Is Flair sticking around hurting ANYONE? I mean he's a pile of shit compared to classic Flair, but he still gets the job done and like it or not is still putting on matches better than half of the current roster, and gets people invested in matches more than 90% of the roster.

Anybody Thrilla
07-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Flair's matches have no continuity or psychology, but OOOOOOOOOOOOOOK.

Anybody Thrilla
07-27-2007, 10:54 PM
And he bumps like a doo doo head, but OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK.

IC Champion
07-27-2007, 10:56 PM
I wouldnt go down that road.....

Anybody Thrilla
07-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Nah, it's OK. The One knows how I feel about Ric Flair.

Innovator
07-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Not only is Bryan Danielson a step above awesome, he might have the best entrance music of all time.

McLegend
07-28-2007, 12:01 AM
His music is pretty great.

Skippord
07-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Anybody Thrilla is a genious

What Would Kevin Do?
07-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Flair just isn't "believable" anymore. When I see someone like Carlito lose to him, it makes me want to change the channel. I think the last flair match I truly enjoyed was his last man standing match with HHH at Survivor Series. Or his cage match with HHH... Not sure which came first though..

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Ric Flair really does need to retire. He's actually losing his bearings in the ring, and he looks awful. He honestly looks like a senior citizen in the ring. Put the guy in a suit, give him a microphone, and he will still be seven shades of awesome. As a wrestler though, it's almost depressing to see him sticking around.

Bryan Danielson is indeed an amazing wrestler. I've found myself really getting into his matches as of late. Some of them are "meh," but who doesn't have "meh" matches? Shawn Michaels has "meh" matches, occasionally. I don't know if I would label Danielson the best wrestler in the world, but is he deserving of his slightly self-inflating moniker? Yes, because he's certainly right up there. Easily within the top ten.

IC Champion
07-28-2007, 12:58 AM
You can be an amazing wrestler, but that doesn't make you an amazing worker.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Shawn Michaels does not have 'meh' matches.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-28-2007, 01:05 AM
I mean, let's be honest here. Shawn Michaels could call it in and still carry someone to the best match of their carear. Hell, he made Hogan look like a complete arse and yet somehow good all in the same match.

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2007, 01:07 AM
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Shawn Michaels does not have 'meh' matches.

Yes he does. I have been bored during a Shawn Michaels match. The guy is amazing, and it's a miracle he's still as amazing as he is, but he's not perfect.

The One
07-28-2007, 01:14 AM
I think Alienoid is Blaspheming again....

What Would Kevin Do?
07-28-2007, 01:18 AM
On a totally unrelated note, I love Danielson's Tiger suplex transistion into the cattle mutilation. Good times.

Super V
07-28-2007, 02:41 AM
I don't think he'd transition well to the television style of wrestling to make it anywhere. Every match I've seen of his have felt about 5 hours long.

The Fugitive
07-28-2007, 03:08 AM
Yes he does. I have been bored during a Shawn Michaels match. The guy is amazing, and it's a miracle he's still as amazing as he is, but he's not perfect.

You know, normally I don't go around giving verbal blowjobs to HBK like some people here at any given moment, but I have to disagree with you here. It's near impossible to be bored watching a match involving him.

As for my thoughts on Danielson, I'll put that into another post later.

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2007, 03:50 AM
I don't think he'd transition well to the television style of wrestling to make it anywhere. Every match I've seen of his have felt about 5 hours long.

I get what you're saying. Danielson does work at his own pace. I think he could tone it down, though. I mean, William Regal survives, and Danielson emulates him a lot with his style. I'd be more worried about what he'd be able to do, not whether or not he would be able to do it well.

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2007, 03:51 AM
You know, normally I don't go around giving verbal blowjobs to HBK like some people here at any given moment, but I have to disagree with you here. It's near impossible to be bored watching a match involving him.

As for my thoughts on Danielson, I'll put that into another post later.

Just to clarify, most of the time I lose interest in an HBK match because of his opponent, not because of HBK. I just don't buy into the train of thought that he's the best wrestler ever. He's great, but I wouldn't say he's the best.

The Fugitive
07-28-2007, 04:00 AM
And that I can understand and now I think back about it, Khali and HBK was a meh match (come on now, let's be honest, fanboys) but that's a very very rare scenario.

As for the best ever, no, he's not, nor is he perfect, but I think it's fair to say he's one of the greatest all rounders to ever step into the ring.

Mr. Monday Morning
07-28-2007, 05:33 AM
Danielson is better than I usually credit him for, but the fact that he now has a thread dedicated to the idea of him possibly being the best in the world is the proof of this little thing called "over hyped" I keep talking about.

Says the guy who thinks Chris Daniels is one of the best in the world :p

BTW Kurt Angle is a broken down drug addict who's been wrestling the same match for about 4-5 years now. It's true.

Innovator
07-28-2007, 10:09 AM
On a totally unrelated note, I love Danielson's Tiger suplex transistion into the cattle mutilation. Good times.I just love the ending sequences of the elbows/tiger suplex/cattle mutilation/crossface chickenwing, and how he transitions all of them

What Would Kevin Do?
07-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Let's not forget he is Mr. Small Package

IC Champion
07-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Says the guy who thinks Chris Daniels is one of the best in the world :p

BTW Kurt Angle is a broken down drug addict who's been wrestling the same match for about 4-5 years now. It's true.
Well that broken down drug addict is more entertaining then any current "top guy" in the WWE that's active. And he may have wrestled the same match in the WWE for 4 years, but every match I've seen in TNA has been different, but that's probably just a coincidence.

Mr. Monday Morning
07-28-2007, 01:41 PM
Well that broken down drug addict is more entertaining then any current "top guy" in the WWE that's active. And he may have wrestled the same match in the WWE for 4 years, but every match I've seen in TNA has been different, but that's probably just a coincidence.

Kurt Angle is carried, not the carryer.

IC Champion
07-28-2007, 02:02 PM
That's a bit much.