PDA

View Full Version : Lamest Finishers.

chrisat928
07-27-2007, 10:04 PM
The Peoples Elbow, and Hogans Leg Drop.

Both moves are all show, no impact.

Pepsi Man
07-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Petey Williams's "Canadian Destroyer", or whatever it was called, that flipping Piledriver. It totally looks like the "victim" is doing a Back Body Drop.

mrslackalack
07-27-2007, 10:14 PM
The Worm

IC Champion
07-27-2007, 10:15 PM
The People's Elbow was awesomeness.

I don't really like spears as finishes.

Jura
07-27-2007, 10:15 PM
The Peoples Elbow, and Hogans Leg Drop.

Both moves are all show, no impact.
You sonofabitch! The People's Elbow could kill easily with the slightest touch but The Rock was generous enough to spare the lives of his opponents and has full control of the elbow.

Actually, if done a certain way it could really hurt. I'm serious.

Juan
07-27-2007, 10:17 PM
The Fame-Asser. :n:

IC Champion
07-27-2007, 10:19 PM
A superkick done by anyone other than Shawn Michaels.

Pepsi Man
07-27-2007, 10:23 PM
A superkick done by anyone other than Shawn Michaels.
Personally, I'm okay with those of Lance Storm and Stevie Richards.

NeanderCarl
07-27-2007, 10:24 PM
When sold right, the leg drop looks good. I always thought of finishers as "the final insult"... a move you use as an exclamation mark when you're opponent is already beaten. That's why I don't like it so much when a match ends suddenly out of nowhere... finishers are all psychology, or at least should be. The one exception, by it's very nature, is the Stunner (or RKO, or knock-out type moves of that nature)

The People's Elbow is fine, only as the fork being stuck into someone who's done. When it's the deciding factor in the finish, rather than a bit of garnish on the side of the plate, then it's lame. An opponent should be beaten to the point of no return, then hit with the People's Elbow, not beaten to the point of no return by the People's Elbow.

chrisat928
07-27-2007, 10:24 PM
The White Russian Leg Sweep.

DDT, unless Jake "The Snake" is doing it.

Too many people do the spear.

Xero
07-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm tired of the "Generic Finisher" aka the Overdrive.

Pepsi Man
07-27-2007, 10:29 PM
When sold right, the leg drop looks good. I always thought of finishers as "the final insult"... a move you use as an exclamation mark when you're opponent is already beaten. That's why I don't like it so much when a match ends suddenly out of nowhere... finishers are all psychology, or at least should be. The one exception, by it's very nature, is the Stunner (or RKO, or knock-out type moves of that nature)

The People's Elbow is fine, only as the fork being stuck into someone who's done. When it's the deciding factor in the finish, rather than a bit of garnish on the side of the plate, then it's lame. An opponent should be beaten to the point of no return, then hit with the People's Elbow, not beaten to the point of no return by the People's Elbow.
Kind of like King Kong Bundy getting a five count? (I'm not sure I want to explain my comparison, so I'll hope someone gets it. :o)

mrslackalack
07-27-2007, 10:36 PM
I thought Brad Armstrong did a pretty good Russian Leg Sweep.

The One
07-27-2007, 10:40 PM
The People's Elbow is fucking awesome sauce. Anyone who disagrees needs to shove a "It's Still Real To Me Dammit" sign up their urethra.

mrslackalack
07-27-2007, 10:42 PM
I am a big Curt Hennig fan but it seemed that you could easily kick out of the Perfectplex.

07-27-2007, 10:47 PM

I've never liked it....although MVP's looks better than most, imo.

The Fugitive
07-27-2007, 10:52 PM
I've never been a fan of The Stroke/Breakdown. It tends to look crap.

The Show Off
07-27-2007, 10:56 PM
It's really all about how someone delivers the finisher.

When Jake Roberts, Tommy Dreamer, or Raven drop someone on their head with a DDT it looks awesome.

When Goldberg used to completely run through a guy his Spear looked like a finisher.

The Hogan Leg Drop loooks nice when people sell it (aka The Rock)

The People's Elbow looks nice whrn people sell it (aka Steve Austin)

When Bret Hart locks someone in the Sharpshooter it looks like he's torturing them, same with Sting and the Scorpion Death Lock.

When Erik Watts used to lock in the STF it look painful

When Shawn Michaels gives full extention to the Sweet Chin Music it looks beautiful.

When Taz gave a T-Bone suplex it was bone curnching.

However...

When random Jackass A doesn't lock the head with a DDT it looks laughable...

When Bobby Lashly and Edge barley tackle a guy to the ground that Spear is weak.

If someone lays like a dead fish and no sells the Hogan Leg Drop it's awful.

IF someone lays like a dead fish and no sells the People's Elbow it's awful.

When The Rock "locks in" a Sharpshooter and doesn't sit back or even cross the guys legs that much it looks weak.

When John Cena "locks in" the STFU and has his hands clasped four inches from his opponent's chin it looks weak.

When James Storm turns his body and puts his foot up with no oomph, that's not a finishing Super Kick

And when Shelton Benjamin safley does his "Exploder Suplex" it doesn't look bone crunching it looks like a hug.

NeanderCarl
07-27-2007, 10:58 PM
The Death Valley Driver used to look devastating, as used by Saturn, Tommy Dreamer, Louie Spicolli et al.

John Cena's FU version of it looks no more damaging than a basic body slam.

NeanderCarl
07-27-2007, 10:59 PM
:lol: You had me, up until...

When Erik Watts used to lock in the STF it look painful

mrslackalack
07-27-2007, 11:04 PM
Arn Anderson was also great at delivering the DDT.

Vastardikai
07-28-2007, 12:03 AM
When Masa Hiro Chono used to lock in the STF it look painful

Watts' version wasn't that bad, but compared to Sasake or Chono... not so much.

Londoner
07-28-2007, 12:55 AM
How the fuck has no one said 'The Samoan Spike' yet?

Road Warrior
07-28-2007, 01:52 AM
STFU= FUCKIN TERRIBLE!!! Also The Rey's 619, Styles Clash (unless done of the top), Edge's spear, The unprettier, Pumphandle slam( aka The generic big man finisher) all suck.

Blitz
07-28-2007, 02:33 AM
Used to love this, till everyone on Earth started using it. Same with Roll The Dice.

Afterlife
07-28-2007, 04:54 AM
I actually like The Unprettier. It's the RKO that I have never, ever been able to believe.

Jura
07-28-2007, 06:26 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4syuqn2XrHI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4syuqn2XrHI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xb3voA1TxF0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xb3voA1TxF0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

D Mac
07-28-2007, 06:38 AM
The FU

Afterlife
07-28-2007, 07:15 AM
If the F-U wasn't so slow and seemingly "light", it wouldn't be so bad.

Afterlife
07-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Oh, and another chance for me to rip on Booker Tedious:

If you toe kick me in the gut, you have one second to attack me, or I either move or fall down. I will NOT stand, center ring, at a right angle while you wave your arms, bounce around like a loon, and scissorkick me after a fifteen second grace period.

GD
07-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Most of the time the wrestlers position themselves on the second rope so that Rey could hit the 619 looks really fake and lame too.

Mooияakeя™
07-28-2007, 09:19 AM
I agree with it depends who's doing the finisher. But some look lame regardless.

Seeing Petey do the Canadian Destroyer is fucking awesome. Seeing Trevor Murdoch almost break Matt Hardy's neck two weeks in succesion makes me want to hunt that fucker down and seriously bitch slap him.

Erebus
07-28-2007, 10:48 AM
I personally don't care very much for the Styles Clash. Its good for a pinning move, but I don't buy it as having the impact to be a finisher.

Pepsi Man
07-28-2007, 11:02 AM
I agree with it depends who's doing the finisher. But some look lame regardless.

Seeing Petey do the Canadian Destroyer is fucking awesome. Seeing Trevor Murdoch almost break Matt Hardy's neck two weeks in succesion makes me want to hunt that fucker down and seriously bitch slap him.
That Canadian Destroyer is nothing but flipping, and again, it looks like the victim is doing the damage to himself...although I will have to admit, seeing Trevor Murdoch did it entertained me in a sense, as it made me laugh. :D

Xero
07-28-2007, 11:05 AM
The Canadian Destoryer is the kind of move that should never be done. It looks pretty cool, but it's too obviously unrealistic and fake.

Mr. Nerfect
07-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Whenever Umaga does the Samoan Spike, I think "Finger Poke of Doom." Only, I think the later was supposed to be ridiculous.

I'm actually OK with moves like The Worm and The People's Elbow now. I mean, the moves are more psychological. You get put down, and then they have the time to rally the entire arena against you before hitting you with a well-placed strike. You might as well throw in the towel.

Innovator
07-28-2007, 12:10 PM
The Spike is alright by me. The guy is shoving his taped up thumb as hard as he can into your throat. It looks like it hurts worse than the FU at least.

Mercury Bullet
07-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Any move that takes far too long to set up, to where it would be entirely impossible to pull off in a real fight. With a FEW exceptions for things done sheerly for the entertainment value of it (i.e. People's Elbow). I still say though, The Rock's "finisher" was the Rock Bottom. He just did the People's Elbow to show off.

Mooияakeя™
07-28-2007, 12:44 PM
lol, the most unbelieveable of moves is the ones like powerbombs etc. I mean, Batista has time to ram a guy between his legs. look around at the crowd, do his thumbs down thing and then still take time to grip the guy and lift him. It's like. ffs. hello?? some even sit on his head for a bit before he slams them. For this, I am completely ok with the Canadian Destroyer.

BTW, what did they call it in WWE when Murdoch attempted it?

The MAC
07-28-2007, 12:46 PM
LAMEST ENDING : CENA WINNING EVERY FUCKING MATCH

The Fugitive
07-28-2007, 01:11 PM

"A high-impact move."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk04D6YPX7M

Xero
07-28-2007, 01:27 PM
lol, the most unbelieveable of moves is the ones like powerbombs etc. I mean, Batista has time to ram a guy between his legs. look around at the crowd, do his thumbs down thing and then still take time to grip the guy and lift him. It's like. ffs. hello?? some even sit on his head for a bit before he slams them. For this, I am completely ok with the Canadian Destroyer.

Take the setup out of it and look at the fundamentals of the moves. Lifting the up to your head and then slamming them down, which is completely possible, though hard versus the guy giving you a back body drop and doing a moonsault THEN giving them a high-speed sunset flip. It's just ridiculous.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-28-2007, 05:37 PM
I've never been a big fan of the code red either, but it's better, and somewhat more realistic than the canadian destroyer.

mrslackalack
07-28-2007, 10:34 PM
The FU is lame.

Fox
07-28-2007, 11:53 PM
The "STFU." He just looks so lame doing it. Maybe its his overbearing, wide mouthed facial expressions that get me.

Christian's "Unprettier" is also a move that's bugged me forever. I don't care who you are, you can't grab a guy's arms like that, behind his back, and get him to spin around into a face-first slam unless he's going along with it. It just doesn't look good. Makes you wonder why not just give the opponent a DDT or a facebuster? Seems easier. The whole twisting thing just seems overblown.

Also, the Tongan Deathgrip was always lame to me. But so was Meng in general.

Vastardikai
07-29-2007, 12:02 AM
I wondered the same thing about the Tongan Death Grip until I, in a moment of stupidity, applied it to myself.

My throat hurt for like two days afterwards.

I'm sure I'll get some neg rep for it, but the Ass Punch is the worst Finisher ever.

Xerzes
07-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Tongan Death Grip is better than Umaga's..whatever the hell it's supposed to be. Always looks like a bad clothesline.

Jura
07-29-2007, 12:48 AM
I remember me and my friend would do the Tongan Death grip on each other but all it did was just tickle us.

Linkbowler
07-29-2007, 01:13 AM
I'm sure I'll get some neg rep for it, but the Ass Punch is the worst Finisher ever.

HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!

Sepholio
07-29-2007, 01:23 AM
The mandible claw with Mr. Socko. I love Foley and all, but the only thing that move ever did was make me laugh. And not because it was funny, but because people actually jobbed to it. Don't get me wrong, I know that shit hurts if you actually put pressure into the mandible, but if he put his hand in my mouth, ESPECIALLY with a sock, I would just bite him.

Sepholio
07-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Another one I thought of is The Spanish Fly. It looks awesome and extremely painful, but like the Canadian Destroyer, there is no way in hell you are pulling that one off without extreme assistance from the victim, which just ruins it for me.

Afterlife
07-29-2007, 08:26 AM
The mandible claw with Mr. Socko. I love Foley and all, but the only thing that move ever did was make me laugh. And not because it was funny, but because people actually jobbed to it. Don't get me wrong, I know that shit hurts if you actually put pressure into the mandible, but if he put his hand in my mouth, ESPECIALLY with a sock, I would just bite him.

The Mandible Claw isn't about hurting the other guy. It's about stuffing your hand in his throat and making him gag. He can only back up so far before he hits either the mat or the ropes, and if you're bracing him right, he'll panic and tap out for air before he can escape.

What Would Kevin Do?
07-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Now that you mention it, the same thing can be said for the C4/ Flipping rock bottom.

Pepsi Man
07-29-2007, 12:33 PM
The Mandible Claw isn't about hurting the other guy. It's about stuffing your hand in his throat and making him gag. He can only back up so far before he hits either the mat or the ropes, and if you're bracing him right, he'll panic and tap out for air before he can escape.
I always thought he was going for the mandible, which for some reason, I thought was underneath the tongue. I thought that's why back in the day, he had his two fingers put together under that piece of cloth.

Xero
07-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Tongan Death Grip is better than Umaga's..whatever the hell it's supposed to be. Always looks like a bad clothesline.
Speaking of which, Edge's spear always looks like a slightly low clothesline and it bugs the hell out of me.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Hate the destroyer.

Afterlife
07-29-2007, 12:46 PM
I always thought he was going for the mandible, which for some reason, I thought was underneath the tongue. I thought that's why back in the day, he had his two fingers put together under that piece of cloth.

I can't be certain...but I get the sense that you're being sarcastic.

XL
07-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Pepsi Man
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Actually I believe what Pepsi Man said to be correct.

And it actualy hurts quite a bit if done correctly!

Pepsi Man
07-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Actually, while I know it may look that way, especially upon rereading it, that was not my intention at all. I was being serious.

diothoir
07-29-2007, 02:36 PM
I hate the Playmaker.

It's seems really underwhelming as a finisher. :$

The One
07-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Any finisher where the other guy needs to be either on the ropes or on the turnbuckle I tend to hate because they require too much set up...I'm looking at you Kevin Thorn...

Mooияakeя™
07-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Hate the destroyer.

Trying to covert you...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G8pbPYoHAZU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G8pbPYoHAZU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Disturbed316
07-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Why did the ref fall over? Amateur idiots.

Xero
07-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Wow, a minute and a half video of the same clip with different filters. If anything it'd make me more sick of the move.

Crimson
07-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Warrior's little bodysplash never amused me..but I guess after being dropped from an overhead press,it can be effective.:|

loosecollector
07-29-2007, 07:43 PM
The Fame-Asser. :n:

NeanderCarl
07-29-2007, 08:29 PM

Lets get a professional opinion.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHMhb69w4X0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oHMhb69w4X0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

NeanderCarl
07-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Slingshot suplex always looked lame... there was never enough rebound off the ropes to make it worthwhile bothering to use them.

Sepholio
07-30-2007, 12:16 AM

Um, actually, it is about pain. The mandible is basically the part of your lower jaw located underneath your tongue, hence why the saliva glands located beneath that area are called your sub-mandibular glands. If you put pressure onto that area with your fingers, as someone using the mandible claw actually would, it actually causes extreme pain, and I do mean extreme. Use some common sense after all, if a hand in your mouth is causing you trouble breathing, you can breathe through that other thing on your face. You know, your nose.

Vastardikai
07-30-2007, 12:35 AM
^

I Believe that, if applied correctly, it also paralyzes the victim.

Sepholio
07-30-2007, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it did paralyze the victim, considering the plethora of nerves that are presumably located in that general area.

Vastardikai
07-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Two more to add to the list.

Crush's Cranium Crunch (He pretty much tried to squeeze your head from the sides.)

Sgt. Slaughter's Atomic Noogie (like the Noogie my dad used to give me, only Atomic.)

Pepsi Man
07-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Um, actually, it is about pain. The mandible is basically the part of your lower jaw located underneath your tongue, hence why the saliva glands located beneath that area are called your sub-mandibular glands. If you put pressure onto that area with your fingers, as someone using the mandible claw actually would, it actually causes extreme pain, and I do mean extreme. Use some common sense after all, if a hand in your mouth is causing you trouble breathing, you can breathe through that other thing on your face. You know, your nose.
You idiot! Your nose isn't for breathing out of. The nose is there to house all the snot and bugars and keep them from going in your mouth and up into your eyes. Breathing is meant to be done out of the mouth, although if you're talking or eating, you CAN use your nose, but again, that's not what it's all about.

NeanderCarl
07-30-2007, 10:45 AM
The mandible claw IS a nerve hold. It's supposed to be paralyzing, at least in kayfabe terms anyway, and eventually leads to black-out.

Erebus
07-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Crush's Cranium Crunch (He pretty much tried to squeeze your head from the sides.)

Man, if applied properly (heels of palms on temples) that move seriously kills.

Afterlife
07-30-2007, 01:13 PM
First of all, lmao @ Jonh C. MicGinley.

Secondly, if anyone here can tell me that:

A) You have time to squeeze someone's tongue meat before they do something about it, or

2) You would NOT have trouble maintaining your gag reflex with a man's fingers being shoved in your throat,

Then you are lying to save your argument.

IC Champion
07-30-2007, 02:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandible_claw

IC Champion
07-30-2007, 02:52 PM
^Read that shit, the Mandiable Claw is a real hold, and really hurts, and for anyone who thinks otherwise please read.

HeartBreakMan2k
07-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Still hate the destroyer btw. FTW

(also, side not, anytime I key FTW in the future or anytime from the past, I mean fuck the world, for the win is retarded)

Xero
07-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Does "btw" mean "bitchin' tight weaksauce" now?

HeartBreakMan2k
07-30-2007, 03:07 PM
I suppose it could.... is that what you would like it to mean my good sir?

Stickman
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
The Spike is alright by me. The guy is shoving his taped up thumb as hard as he can into your throat. It looks like it hurts worse than the FU at least.

Would it not break his thumb? Oh yeah it's taped...in which case, would it not at least dislocate his knuckle?

BigDaddyCool
07-30-2007, 03:29 PM
I hate anything Rey does as a finisher. He is just so small and light, the it looks like whoever he is fighting is flipping him around the the fuck of it, then I'm not sure who gets the worst of the "impact" at the end. Fuck you Gey Mystiro.

Sepholio
07-30-2007, 03:46 PM
First of all, lmao @ Jonh C. MicGinley.

Secondly, if anyone here can tell me that:

A) You have time to squeeze someone's tongue meat before they do something about it, or

2) You would NOT have trouble maintaining your gag reflex with a man's fingers being shoved in your throat,

Then you are lying to save your argument.

Do you seriously even try to read?

Not a single person has said anything about squeezing someones tongue meat. The mandible claw is done by curving your fingers downward immidiately behind the lower teeth and into the bottom jaw and sub-mandibular glands and nerve networks.

Secondly, your gag reflex is triggered by your uvula, the thing way back in your throat, and therefor the mandible claw can not possibly trigger the gag reflex because the figners are under the tongue, right behind your teeth.

No one is lying to save their argument, everyone is just pointing out that you don't even have an argument because you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Gerard
07-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Usually the worst looking finishers are the ones where the person on the receiving end has a part of actually executing the move. Stratusfaction for example looks amazingly retarded....why exactly is her opponent lifting her to do the move???

Usually any form of leg submision hold looks pretty dumb as when its being applied its only lately that wrestlers seem to try and shake their legs arond to wriggle out of it, i remember years ago when flair or hart would do their submissions more often than not the guy on the ground just lay there and never attempted to make it hard for the hold to be locked in.

Hogans legdrop gets bashed a lot but think about it this way, the move in "real" terms is a 260lb man jumping a few feet into the air and dropping his leg across your throat, its easily a move in real life terms that could kill someone, or do some serious damage to someones neck at the least.

Vastardikai
07-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Man, if applied properly (heels of palms on temples) that move seriously kills.

Yeah, I'm gonna let a guy get behind me, put his hands on my head in said fashion, lift me up off the ground by said fashion, put me on my ass in said fashion, etc.

It's good for a Mortal Kombat Fatality. As a Finish to a wrestling match, not so much.

Jura
07-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna let a guy get behind me, put his hands on my head in said fashion, lift me up off the ground by said fashion, put me on my ass in said fashion, etc.

It's good for a Mortal Kombat Fatality. As a Finish to a wrestling match, not so much.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEe5dVsdAMM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEe5dVsdAMM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Vastardikai
07-30-2007, 10:56 PM
^
:rofl:

I will never doubt that move again...

:shifty:

Jura
07-30-2007, 11:00 PM
The modified powerbomb Cena does at the end looks much better than any FU.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nf-kiUcAdVI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nf-kiUcAdVI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Supreme Olajuwon
07-30-2007, 11:39 PM
I remember when Mankind had a real early match on Superstars against some jobber and he put the mandible claw on the guy and for whatever reason the guy went to his back and his legs went up in the air and stayed there even after the match was over and Mankind had left the ring. That and Bob Holly spitting up phlegm after getting the claw as well.

I wish I could find clips of those.

Afterlife
07-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Do you seriously even try to read?

Not a single person has said anything about squeezing someones tongue meat. The mandible claw is done by curving your fingers downward immidiately behind the lower teeth and into the bottom jaw and sub-mandibular glands and nerve networks.

Secondly, your gag reflex is triggered by your uvula, the thing way back in your throat, and therefor the mandible claw can not possibly trigger the gag reflex because the figners are under the tongue, right behind your teeth.

No one is lying to save their argument, everyone is just pointing out that you don't even have an argument because you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

First of all, yes, I've read the two-finger/glandular agenda of the Mandible Claw. ...In which you press your fingers into the MEATY area beneath the victims TONGUE. My point, (if you even bother to read, to quote a notable poster) is that nobody is going to open their mouth and lift their tongue so's you can latch onto their jaw. Your fingers WILL end up on top their tongue and, even (not to mention especially) with the force one uses to press town and clench that part of their face, your hand will ineveitably go deeper, driving said fingers further toward the throat and -- get this -- the uvula.

I'm not saying the move doesn't hurt and I never suggested it wasn't "real". I am very aware that it is a powerful and undesirable position to be in. But, realistically, I don't see my glands being in quite as much danger as my lunch.

apokalypse7
07-31-2007, 06:48 PM
I wondered the same thing about the Tongan Death Grip until I, in a moment of stupidity, applied it to myself.

My throat hurt for like two days afterwards.

You may have gotten neg rep, if not for that funny anecdote about you hurting yourself with the TDG!!!!!:rofl:

apokalypse7
07-31-2007, 06:54 PM
You idiot! Your nose isn't for breathing out of. The nose is there to house all the snot and bugars and keep them from going in your mouth and up into your eyes. Breathing is meant to be done out of the mouth, although if you're talking or eating, you CAN use your nose, but again, that's not what it's all about.

I thought the nose was for coke!

-----------

-----------

----

mmmmmmmmmmmmm i can't feel my face...

loosecollector
08-01-2007, 03:34 AM
Money Shot would be fun. :lol:

loosecollector
08-01-2007, 03:38 AM
Hogans legdrop gets bashed a lot but think about it this way, the move in "real" terms is a 260lb man jumping a few feet into the air and dropping his leg across your throat, its easily a move in real life terms that could kill someone, or do some serious damage to someones neck at the least.
... and to Hogan's ass.