PDA

View Full Version : TNA signs Adam "Pacman" Jones

Sepholio
07-30-2007, 03:46 AM
Wow, this just blew my mind. Way to gain respect TNA, sign the most pathetic excuse for a person in pro sports to a contract while he is suspended from the NFL. Nothing gives you good publicity like signing a person who is willing to kill someone for no reason, or at least attempt to kill someone.

---

According to a new report by PWInsider, it has now been confirmed that suspended NFL Tennessee Titan cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has signed a deal with TNA Wrestling. The deal was reportedly signed late last week.

As noted earlier, Jones is currently suspended for the entire 2007 NFL season without pay for personal problems which most noteably includes a shooting at a Las Vegas strip club that left former independent pro wrestler Tommy Urbanski paralyzed. His current suspension could possibly be lifted 10 games into the season pending a hearing. Jones was recently informed he wouldn't be allowed to attend the Titans training camp.

According to reports, the Titans organization has no issue with Jones getting involved with pro wrestling and TNA at this time. This was not an idea by Vince Russo to bring Jones into the company. Expect more news regarding this situation later today and during the week.

Source: http://www.wrestleview.com/news2006/1185777952.shtml

Skippord
07-30-2007, 03:56 AM
lol

SammyG
07-30-2007, 04:41 AM
LMFAO ARE YOU SERIOUS

Boondock Saint
07-30-2007, 04:53 AM
Gay.

fondoffilm
07-30-2007, 04:55 AM
Brilliant. Now, Pacman can breathe some life into the X-Division.

Sepholio
07-30-2007, 04:55 AM
LMFAO ARE YOU SERIOUS

Sadly....yes I am.

10 bucks says Michael Vick is signed by the end of the year.

Mr. Nerfect
07-30-2007, 05:09 AM
Wow, as an Australian I wasn't aware of the reasons he was suspended when I initially read the report. At first I was like "meh," but now...shit, it's like Russo has the power to hire and fire.

I guess they're trying to get some mainstream attention with it. No doubt he will be a heel. I guess they could have the locker room none to pleased with him because of what he did to one of their own in Tommy Urbanski.

Kurt Angle should become kind of a coach to him. It'd be a way to get Kurt heat, and Angle is their biggest attraction at the moment, and Adam Jones screams "Look at us!" If they really want to get controversial, they could bring D'Lo Brown back, and stick them together as "The Paralyzerz."

Mr. Nerfect
07-30-2007, 05:10 AM
And for those who are wondering, no, I am not being serious.

But honestly, this could turn out good for TNA in a Stone Cold/Mike Tyson way. The emphasis is on could.

Sepholio
07-30-2007, 05:17 AM
Yeah I don't see this being good in any way for them. Mike Tyson bit a persons ear and sounds like a girl. Pacman has been involved in like 234525 shootings, showers strippers with $1 bills (called making it rain) then punches them when they try to pick up some of the money, and god knows what else. I think I remember him being caught up in drug related incidents too, although I won't swear that was him, as it was probably half of the Cincinatti Bengals or something.

Blitz
07-30-2007, 07:26 AM
lol wow.

Mr. Monday Morning
07-30-2007, 07:41 AM
And for those who are wondering, no, I am not being serious.

But honestly, this could turn out good for TNA in a Stone Cold/Mike Tyson way. The emphasis is on could.

Mike Tyson was arguably one of the most famous names in all of sports and in his prime one of the best boxers ever. Jones is a cornerback who half the people in America probably don't even know exists. There's really no comparison.

James Steele
07-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Also, some people actually liked Mike Tyson.

KingofOldSchool
07-30-2007, 08:28 AM
He can join the Motor City Machine Guns.

Mr Regal
07-30-2007, 08:30 AM
He sounds like a cunt!

RP
07-30-2007, 09:59 AM
This is actually a brilliant move by TNA. They'll get there name plastered all over ESPN.com and on ESPN TV and all over sports talk radio and tv. Its actually a very brilliant move by TNA.

Theres no such thing as bad publicity.

Xero
07-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Pacman vs Sharkboy

I'd watch. As long as his gimmick is Pacman.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fWL6j0SvqV0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fWL6j0SvqV0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SammyG
07-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Vick vs Pacman in a strip club thug dogfighting extravangza

McLegend
07-30-2007, 10:13 AM
lol WOW.

James Steele
07-30-2007, 10:24 AM
They discussed this for about 10 seconds on Mike & Mike on ESPN Radio. They pretty much laughed at Pacman Jones and said he won't play in the NFL this season and moved on.

Mooияakeя™
07-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Never heard of him. For obvious reasons.

So why is this so shocking / bad / funny etc. Explain for someone who don't care for the NFL.

Innovator
07-30-2007, 11:55 AM
At least TNA is getting people more relevant than the Jackass crew.

Londoner
07-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Brilliant. Now, Pacman can breathe some life into the X-Division.

Hahaha..

But seriously,. wtf? As soon as they're doing things right they do this shit, typical. :nono:

Londoner
07-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Never heard of him. For obvious reasons.

So why is this so shocking / bad / funny etc. Explain for someone who don't care for the NFL.

Read the article. Lazy cunt.

IC Champion
07-30-2007, 12:54 PM
It can't do anything be good for TNA in my opinion.

RP
07-30-2007, 12:57 PM
I cant see how Pacman will be in any type of wrestling match. Unless i missed, i believe he's still under contract with the Titans and theres sure to be tons of clauses similiar to the Kellen Winslow clause that would void his deal if he got injured doing something stupid like wrestling.

Hanso Amore
07-30-2007, 01:12 PM
This will get them tons of press, mostly negative probably, but press non the less.

Alot of people will tune in, only a few will stay, but it will get the name out and bump the ratings.

Londoner
07-30-2007, 01:14 PM
^ Yeah a short term bump. These idiots need to think long term.

IC Champion
07-30-2007, 01:27 PM
I think people are missing the point here, he was signed to get people talking, mostly people outside the business, maybe they tune in and watch, and maybe they stay, maybe they don't, but people will be talking.

Sepholio
07-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Right, with people threatening to boycott the NFL over players like Pacman and Vick I somehow doubt they would want to watch lowly TNA for hiring the people they hate.

What I'm saying is, if people bitch at the NFL and sponsors for hiring clowns like this, why on Earth would they watch TNA, which is INFINITELY less popular. I mean we already have the steroid stigma stuck on wrestling, and TNA wants to hire basically another murderer?

If they get any boost in ratings, it will be VERY short term, and then they will probably end up with lower ratings than they have ever had.

IC Champion
07-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I dont think the kind of people who would care, watch wrestling.

#BROKEN Hasney
07-30-2007, 04:33 PM
This is awesome. There is only 2 things to make this signing EVEN better

1) Bring back Vince Russo as an on screen character to be his manager

2) Bring back Johnny Fairplay after Pacman wins the world title to fued with him

Then and ONLY THEN will TNA beat WWE in the ratings.

Mr. Nerfect
07-30-2007, 05:11 PM
I think people are missing the point here, he was signed to get people talking, mostly people outside the business, maybe they tune in and watch, and maybe they stay, maybe they don't, but people will be talking.

Exactly. The more I think about this signing, the more I am OK with it. It will get people talking, and they might become more aware of TNA than they currently are. TNA is probably an unknown entity to most of the country, and even to a lot of WWE fans. By signing someone as controversial as Pacman, they might get a spot on a sports recap show, or even the news (they love their wrestling scandals lately, don't they?), TNA could gets its name further out there.

diothoir
07-30-2007, 05:13 PM
lol

ridiculous

Mr. Nerfect
07-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Right, with people threatening to boycott the NFL over players like Pacman and Vick I somehow doubt they would want to watch lowly TNA for hiring the people they hate.

What I'm saying is, if people bitch at the NFL and sponsors for hiring clowns like this, why on Earth would they watch TNA, which is INFINITELY less popular. I mean we already have the steroid stigma stuck on wrestling, and TNA wants to hire basically another murderer?

If they get any boost in ratings, it will be VERY short term, and then they will probably end up with lower ratings than they have ever had.

The thing is, professional wrestling has these things called heels. It has been reported by his attorney that he will not be portrayed as a villain, but I'm fairly certain TNA is planning on making him a heel. The difference between Adam Jones in the NFL, and Adam Jones in TNA, is that it could become a guilty pleasure in TNA to see Adam Jones get his ass kicked.

TNA have to be careful how they handle this. They need to instantly bring him in as a heel, who used his world class agents to secure a spot in TNA because it is the top quality brand of wrestling, then maybe have him call out Kurt Angle and ask to shake his hand, only for Angle to look disgusted by Jones, and then have the two hug it out as the fans presumingly boo. Then Samoa Joe comes out and kills them both. If the NFL used Jones, they'd have to use him as a legitimate player. TNA can use him as a heat machine/bitch.

Mr. Nerfect
07-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Mike Tyson was arguably one of the most famous names in all of sports and in his prime one of the best boxers ever. Jones is a cornerback who half the people in America probably don't even know exists. There's really no comparison.

Of course it is smaller scale. All I meant was that people might live vicariously through the wrestler(s) that decides they don't want Jones in TNA, and decide to take issue with him.

El Dandy
07-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Wow, this just blew my mind. Way to gain respect TNA, sign the most pathetic excuse for a person in pro sports to a contract while he is suspended from the NFL. Nothing gives you good publicity like signing a person who is willing to kill someone for no reason, or at least attempt to kill someone.

You say that sarcastically but it is true. lol though Pacman Jones

chrisat928
07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I know they say any publicity is good publicity, but is TNA ready for the backlash when he's under contract and does something else that gets him in trouble that causes ESPN to question his character yet again.

The Miz
07-30-2007, 08:04 PM
ROFL

Sepholio
07-30-2007, 09:52 PM
I just had a thought. I wonder if TNA will be happy when they schedule someone to go over pacman and he has his entourage shoot like 3 of their wrestlers. I know I'll be saying 'I told you so' all over the place.

Vastardikai
07-30-2007, 10:32 PM
TNA will announce the first ever Pacman match:

Pacman will be sitting on a scaffold that can only be accessed via ladder.
2 strippers will be sitting on poles (new concept for them :shifty:). The only way to win the match is to get your designated stripper off the pole and up the ladder to Pacman, who will beat the shit out of the stripper.

:shifty:

By the way, when they book it in 2 months, I want Royalties.

The Mackem
07-31-2007, 04:32 AM
Funniest thing about the news for me is the Vince Russo disclaimer.

chrisat928
07-31-2007, 05:05 AM
I just saw a crawl about it. It said Jones is expecrted to sign a contract with a pro-wrestling tour. It didn't even mention the name of the company.:lol:

SammyG
07-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Not
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD class=authorInformation>FOXSports.com, <!-- Meta Tag For Search --><!-- meta name="author" content=""--><!-- meta name="source" content="FS"--><!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--><!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="blurb" content=""--><!-- meta name="modDate" content="July 31, 2007 13:46:22 GMT"-->Updated 1 hour ago<SCRIPT> // front-end hack to remove postedTime from Rumors page until a better way can be determined if (document.URL.indexOf("/name/FS/rumors") != -1 && document.getElementById("postedTime") != null) document.getElementById("postedTime").style.display = 'none'; </SCRIPT> </TD><TD align=right><!-- next line IS JUST FOR UNIT - STANDALONE testing --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2 src="/fe/js/site_wide.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=VBScript>on error resume nextflash6Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.6")))If (flash6Installed) then flash5Installed = TrueElse flash5Installed = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash.5")))End If</SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=VBscript>'This will scan for plugins for all versions of Internet Explorer that have a VBscript engine version 2 or greater.'This includes all versions of IE4 and beyond and some versions of IE 3.Dim WM_detect_through_vbWM_detect_through_vb = 0If ScriptEngineMajorVersion >= 2 then WM_detect_through_vb = 1End IfFunction WM_activeXDetect(activeXname) on error resume next If ScriptEngineMajorVersion >= 2 then WM_activeXDetect = False WM_activeXDetect = IsObject(CreateObject(activeXname)) If (err) then WM_activeXDetect = False End If Else WM_activeXDetect = False End IfEnd Function</SCRIPT><STYLE> .storyTools { background-image:url(/fe/img/Story/tools_bg.gif); background-color:#ffffff; background-repeat:repeat-x; background-██████████top; height:40px; } .storyTools td { font-size:10px; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#9b9b9b; text-decoration:none; } .storyTools td a:link, .storyTools td a:visited { font-size:10px; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#1c67ba; text-decoration:none; } .storyTools td a:hover { text-decoration:underline; } .storyToolsHdr { font-size:11px; color:#75767a; } .storyToolsRoot { font-size:11px; color:#75767a; }</STYLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=303 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=storyToolsHdr style="FONT-SIZE: 11px" align=left>STORY TOOLS:</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=storyTools height=40 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Story/tools_leftBorder.gif</TD><TD align=middle width=42>
pt (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7077484?print=true)
</TD><TD>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Story/tools_divider.gif</TD><TD align=middle width=42>
send (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7077484?MSNHPHMA#)
</TD><TD>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Story/tools_divider.gif</TD><TD align=middle width=42>
blog (http://javascript<b></b>:BlogThisStoryTools();void(0))
</TD><TD>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Story/tools_divider.gif</TD><TD align=middle width=42></TD><TD>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Story/tools_divider.gif</TD><TD align=middle width=114>LIKE THIS STORY? <FORM style="DISPLAY: none" name=addVoteForm action=/nfl/story/7077484 method=post><!--input type="image" id="rootSubmit" name="rootSubmit" src="/fe/img/Story/rootForIt.gif" /--></FORM>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Story/rootForIt.gif (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7077484?MSNHPHMA#) </TD><TD>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Story/tools_rightBorder.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<SCRIPT> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[I][0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msn.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </SCRIPT>
If Adam "Pacman" Jones steps foot in the ring, he might not step foot on the football field again for the Titans.

"That type of thing is not permitted in accordance with the player's contract,'' Coach Jeff Fisher told [I]The Tennessean.

Many NFL contracts contain clauses against off-field activities that might leave a player injured.
Pacman's lawyer insists that the deal currently being discussed with Total Non-stop Action Wrestling doesn't actually include any wrestling.
The Tennessean reported that a rep for TNA expects a stateent to be made in the next couple of days. Jones is currently suspended for the season after a series of run-ins with the police during his brief NFL career.