PDA

View Full Version : WWE films making a horror movie

Head
12-13-2003, 02:45 AM
December 12, 2003 - Vince McMahon's newly-formed WWE Films banner has picked up a second project. According to today's Hollywood Reporter, the production company will begin developing a pitch from writer Dan Madigan as a vehicle for one of the organization's prolific "bad guy" wrestlers they aren't saying who at this time.

As the trade relates, details are being kept under wraps, but the film is described as "a very intense, very violent horror movie in which a great deal of the horror comes out of the film's unique setting." The lead baddie is said to be "remorseless, relentless, vicious and a sadistic monster cut from the same cloth as such horror franchise icons as Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees." Sounds like good, clean fun!

The first film being produced by WWE Films is a rugged Western vehicle for superstar Triple H (http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/450/450162p1.html). The film, Jornada del Muerte (Journey of Death), comes from writer-director John Milius (http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/401/401150p1.html) (Conan the Barbarian, Apocalypse Now). And the story is described as "a modern-day Western set in the Southwest that involves motorcycle gangs, drug trafficking and broken codes of honor."

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/445/445946p1.html

I detect another XFL...

Vega
12-13-2003, 02:55 AM
Any movie that stars HHH is a horror movie, So I'm guessing he will be the star.

blake639raw
12-13-2003, 09:18 AM
Honestly, I think Kane could possibly be good for that role. I know he might not be a really good actor, but it's a horror movie, and his actual talking will probably be very limited.

#BrotherVito DELETED
12-13-2003, 09:20 AM
<font color=goldenrod>It's gonna suck, flat out</font>

Mikey
12-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Dont forget that Triple H hosted MadTV once too and he wasnt that bad on there either

The Goochinator
12-13-2003, 01:22 PM
isnt the wwe already doing a horror movie?????(Im refering to goldberg being world champ)

Kane Knight
12-13-2003, 01:32 PM
That comment is very immature. Those who bash everything in wrestling is not a true wrestling fan.

Whereas you are a true fan, because you hate everyone who criticises the WWE on any scale.

BigDaddyCool
12-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Wooooooooo, Kane gets a movie!

StoneColdStunner
12-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Well i just don't hope Goldberg plays in the movie i saw him in Looney Tunes Back In action, boy did the guys at WB played it smart, he has a Shut your mouth Goldberg can't act kind of roll in that movie it rocked :p

Kane Knight
12-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Very true. :y:

Anyone who bashes WWE for no reason, deserves to get their heads knocked off. If WWE is that bad, then switch the channell.

I'm not the one to bash everything in WWE. I just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Internet wannabe smarks are sad people. All I see that's goes on is HHH hating, hoss hating, and technical wrestling loving bandwagons.

This is an entertainment show. Not everyone have to be a Chris Benoit or a Kurt Angle. If good wrestling is all you want to see, then go watch some other fed that has good wrestling. In WWE, you're not going to get much good wrestling, all you're mostly going to see is storylines and promos more than the wrestling and this has been going on since the 80's.

Yes, and you don't have to like every aspect of a show to watch it. Most critters with opposable thumbs have grapsed this concept. You seem unable to do so. You seem to think that everyone who has ANY problem with the WWE just totally hates it. You're reading black and white in a full color world, Dorothy.

Noid
12-13-2003, 04:11 PM
Kane would be the best character for that horror movie, but who else would like to see a different kind of horror film from WWE Films? Maybe a guy that has no limitations? :cool: at Hurricane as psychotic madman.

#BrotherVito DELETED
12-13-2003, 05:29 PM
Very true. :y:

Anyone who bashes WWE for no reason, deserves to get their heads knocked off. If WWE is that bad, then switch the channell.

I'm not the one to bash everything in WWE. I just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Internet wannabe smarks are sad people. All I see that's goes on is HHH hating, hoss hating, and technical wrestling loving bandwagons.

This is an entertainment show. Not everyone have to be a Chris Benoit or a Kurt Angle. If good wrestling is all you want to see, then go watch some other fed that has good wrestling. In WWE, you're not going to get much good wrestling, all you're mostly going to see is storylines and promos more than the wrestling and this has been going on since the 80's.
<font color=goldenrod>LOL. So, apparently you have to like everything about the WWE to be a real fan?

I would suggest that this troll gets banned, but we should let him stay just because his posts are comedy gold.</font> :lol:

Popojiju
12-13-2003, 09:54 PM
Only question I have is why does Dark_Kane have to scream bloody murder about everyone else's posts when he clearly stated that he was *FOR* right to speech? Dark_Kane, while your ideas and feelings may be right, to a certain extent, bashing others for how they feel is a contradiction of your own terms. You might want to reconsider all the negativity, and just focus on how you feel.

That'll be 200 dollars please.

Bad Guy
12-14-2003, 09:16 AM
WWE Music- I can deal with.

WWE Books- I can deal with.

WWE Movies- Hell no.

The Iron Yuppie
12-14-2003, 10:20 PM
A horror movie starring Trips? I guess the movie will include footage from his matches with Steiner. That fued was horror enough.

The CyNick
12-14-2003, 11:02 PM
*ignores the negative people who bitch and whine about every new thing WWE does*

I am glad that WWE is making movies now.

See? The Rock being a huge movie star just opened more opportunities for more superstars to make movies. Wrestling is acting. So whether a wrestler has never had any acting experience on TV/movies, the wrestling helps them get that experience. That is why so many wrestlers are getting movie roles now a days.

HHH is a good actor. He did a great job in his cameo on SNL and he did a great job on his special guest appearance on the Drew Carey show.

This WWE Films company is going to be successful..

As for the superstar who will star in a lead role of the horror movie, I am predicting they will get Kane or Undertaker to do it.

Actually its logical to bash the WWE for venturing off into other avenues.

Why?

BECAUSE EVERYTHING THEY DO THAT IS NOT WRESTLING IS A FAILURE!!!!!!!!

The XFL, the WBF, WWF New York, etc etc.

If Triple H or Kane or whoever had any kind of potential in movies they would be in Hollywood right now with Rocky. HHH did get good reviews for his role in Blade, but that hasn't even come out yet, and we're only talking about a small role. There's no evidence to suggest that HHH can carry movie as the lead character.

Beyond that, this is a new venture and if the XFL is any measure, these WWE Films movies should be very half-assed, and look unprofessional. They have no 'name' actors on the bill, really they have nobody with any kind of serious heat in the industry, and as a result you'll probably wind up with C-level movies, just like the XFL was C-level football, and we all know how popular that was.

I hope they do have success in this new venture, maybe then Vince will concentrate on putting HHH and Steph over in the Films division and they can stay off WWE TV, but the smart money is on the fact that Vince will piss away another boat load of money, more wrestlers will lose their jobs, and the ones who survive will get pay cuts, while Vince takes a bigger cut of the remaining profit.

Kane Knight
12-14-2003, 11:08 PM
The worst part is that the ratings for the first week of the XFL were pretty good. Expectations were high, and there was no follow-through. You're right, CyNick; if this is any measure of the WWE's side ventures, it bodes poorly for these movies. Not that I was exactly psyched to see HHH in some crappy biker movie anyways. Well, it's not my money to piss away, so it's not my call. However, as it affects wrestling, it is the business of wrestling fans.

Corkscrewed
12-15-2003, 12:56 AM
I've just obtained a list of future horror movies the WWE will be making:

I Know Who You F*cked Last Summer
What happens when Triple H finds out someone has been screwing with his lady in an attempt to get a push? Revenge....

I Still Remember
Goldust goes Columbine on the WWE.

Nightmare on Mid Card
When mid carders mysteriously disappear and then show up as mutilated bodies, it's up to the hero Chris Jericho to investigate, but can he really trust his partners, Shawn Michaels and Hunter Hearst Helmsley?

Okay, that was weak. I'm going to my corner now. :(

c4g2
12-15-2003, 04:12 AM
You forgot this.

Scream series
A collection of the matches of all the worst wrestlers all time, like Scott Steiner, Mark Henry...