PDA

View Full Version : WWE is so terrible that I have no interest in wrestling as a whole anymore

Fignuts
08-01-2007, 12:11 AM
It's ridiculous.

I know I havn't posted in this forum that much lately, but if you take a look at some of my really old posts, you will find that most of them were in here, not casual. I always thought that no matter how bad wwe got, that I would still enjoy watching great matches from other feds. But as wwe has gotten more routinely boring and predictable, so has my interest in watching other matches from other feds. Some may say, that I am simply growing out of the hobby, and that it has nothing to do with wwe's product but that is false. If wwe had booked a really well done fued, or say let people who have been in the wrestling business for decades do the writing instead of baby-sitting, then I'd be back into it in a flash.

But I know that won't happen. And unfortunatly, I don't have the time to follow ROH or any other indy fed right now, so if they are bookig really good stories than I wouldn't know. All I have had to rely on for the past year and a half is wwe. And it has gotten to the point where it has killed my interest in wrestling completely.

And if you think this is bullshit, ask yourself something. Years ago when WWF was first on USA, how pissed were you when that stupid fucking dog show cancelled RAW? I personally wanted to mount a pomeranian head on my wall. Now ask yourself, how pissed were you when WWE came back to USA and it happened again. A lot less potty mouth, I bet.

rant over

but probably not

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2007, 12:23 AM
You're absolutely right. I still try and find things about the product to like. SmackDown! was excellent for a while, what with London & Kendrick's WWE Tag Team Title reign being one of the few things the WWE has come close to doing right lately. Now London & Kendrick are on RAW, or to be more accurate, Heat. Not only that, but in the three Heat appearances they have made between them (counting this week's *gasp* spoilers for anyone who cares about Heat) they have a total of zero wins. That's right, the WWE can't even give two of its most talented guys wins on Heat. Even Val Venis gets to beat Charlie Haas. London & Kendrick have lost to him a total of three times each since coming over to RAW. That would be OK if the WWE had plans for a feud, or something for Haas to do.

Also, besides John Morrison, the current World Champions are shit. The WWE has a bunch of guys that should be elevated, and we're actually seeing that somewhat on RAW, with Mr. Kennedy and Carlito getting big wins. I doubt it will go anywhere, though.

weather vane
08-01-2007, 12:24 AM
sameeeeeeeee

Jordan
08-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Ummmm maybe you should watch AM Raw this week.

Mr. Nerfect
08-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Ummmm maybe you should watch AM Raw this week.

That's true, there were some surprises this week. Mr. Kennedy only went over Bobby Lashley because Franklin's hurt, though. Carlito going over John Cena was the real development, and it gives me hope that the WWE has plans to elevate Carlito.

Fignuts
08-01-2007, 12:38 AM
There are only one or two really entertaining people on any given show. But even then you can tell when they are being feeded lines by some jack off who wrote 3 episodes for will and grace. So much of it just sounds forced. I remember a time where damn near everyone on the roster was entertaining to watch. Then it was half. Then a quarter. And now for the past year or so it seems like I've been watching a 2 hour show for a 3 minute interview. But at this point I don't even care about that.

Dorkchop
08-01-2007, 12:39 AM
WWE has been pretty bad lately and I don't have any desire to watch ECW or Smackdown. I'll tune into Raw, but it's so predictable, I'll half watch at most. There aren't many interesting characters, or good midcarders. If they're a mid carder, they're either destined to be world/WWE champ or a jobber. I miss the days when a guy could be a mid carder, but still be a star. or the guys who slowly rise to the main event. Triple H was the goods in 1998, but during that time I could have seen him stay in the upper mid-card or eventually be a main eventer. Now you pretty much know who's going to end up where.

There just aren't too many guys for me to care for.

I get excited for TNA Impact every week, even though it's a taped show and still not usually great (pretty bad sometimes), but they keep wanting to watch every week.

Verbose Minch
08-01-2007, 01:37 AM
lolol. Is it wrong that I laughed when Alienoid said Kendrick was talented? All he does is that running forearm crap.

Road Warrior
08-01-2007, 04:27 AM
There are only one or two really entertaining people on any given show. But even then you can tell when they are being feeded lines by some jack off who wrote 3 episodes for will and grace. So much of it just sounds forced. I remember a time where damn near everyone on the roster was entertaining to watch. Then it was half. Then a quarter. And now for the past year or so it seems like I've been watching a 2 hour show for a 3 minute interview. But at this point I don't even care about that.
:yes:

D Mac
08-01-2007, 04:34 AM
Ortons a real bright spot right now. With his Iceman attitude.

The Fugitive
08-01-2007, 05:49 AM
lolol. Is it wrong that I laughed when Alienoid said Kendrick was talented? All he does is that running forearm crap.

You had to say that, didn't you?

Now we're going to get a essay on how much Kendrick rocks and how he should become world champion and be fueding with London over the belt.

Dave Youell
08-01-2007, 08:38 AM
In all honesty, Since the turn of the year I think the booking on Raw has improved.

ECW is getting better each week

And Smackdown is consistant

All 3 brands have had to deal with changes due to injuries and Chris getting hands on with his Wife and Kid. Which has meant that other guys have had a chance to try things out in the upper card.

Yes most of the current champions are not deemed fantastic wrestlers, but i'm enjoying the angles they are in.

Kane Knight
08-01-2007, 08:43 AM
You ever notice the less interested you are in a show, the more other people will point out how great it's becoming?

Londoner
08-01-2007, 09:49 AM
^ Yeah, funny eh? I agree with the starter of the thread though, ive come close recently to quitting watching wwe, Smackdown has gone right into the shithole, ive managed to miss it a few times and not care. Raw bored the fuck outta me on monday. Dissapointing after a good raw previously.

YOUR Hero
08-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Oh Fignuts. What is there to say, that you haven't already said. Nothing that's what. Here's a post that says nothing but takes 3+ sentences to do it.

Kane Knight
08-01-2007, 10:06 AM
^ Yeah, funny eh? I agree with the starter of the thread though, ive come close recently to quitting watching wwe, Smackdown has gone right into the shithole, ive managed to miss it a few times and not care. Raw bored the fuck outta me on monday. Dissapointing after a good raw previously.

I haven't watched anything since the Benoit Tribute. There's almost nothing worth watching. One thing that is pretty constant, though, is that the minute you don't watch, everyone will insist that it's getting better.

IC Champion
08-01-2007, 11:57 AM
TNA has been good latley, I can honestly say that for the last 2 months I've been looking forward to seeing TNA alot more than RAW each week, even their PPV's I'll download that night to see it, but with the WWE I just read the results or tune into RAW, I could care less.

Stickman
08-01-2007, 12:36 PM
I agree. Raw is predictable and boring. They need to revamp the style somehow. It was a "surprise" that Carlito and Kennedy both won. But I dont' give a shit about Carlito so it means nothing to me. I usually try to catch Raw but I usually miss the main event and that usually means I missed nothing. I actually watch the Women's matches as they're more on the innovative side. Every other match is routine.

Smackdown and ECW do not compell me to watch. I haven't watched a whole smackdown in 5 years other than one when I was on a 5 hour plane ride.

Basically, they need HHH back, and Jericho.