PDA

View Full Version : Triple H is responsible!!!

Mr. JL
02-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Triple H is responsible for the downfall of the WWE.

yes...or...no

Champion of Europa
02-28-2004, 09:20 PM
There really is no downfall as much as there is a lag in business.

If you could call it a downfall, it would be more blamed upon nepotism and the writing team.

Mikey
02-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Well said Champion

Shaggy
02-28-2004, 10:27 PM
I dont think Triple H is causing a downfall in the WWE. Just because the guy holds the title forever doesnt meant that he is reponsible.

Rob
02-28-2004, 11:14 PM
He hasn't helped but he isn't the source of the problem. That's ALL Vince McMahon. He takes all the praise when they are sucessful so he has to take it when business is down. Of course, he always finds others to blame e.g. internet, 9/11, gulf wars, Ted Turner, steroid cases/federal lawsuits, Bret Hart, WCW invasions, dirtsheets, etc

Corkscrewed
02-28-2004, 11:40 PM
WWE is far from dying.

Kane Knight
02-29-2004, 11:37 AM
I voted "Other."

He's not helping the business, but he hasn't exactly killed it yet, either.s

Kane Knight
02-29-2004, 11:40 AM
He hasn't helped but he isn't the source of the problem. That's ALL Vince McMahon. He takes all the praise when they are sucessful so he has to take it when business is down. Of course, he always finds others to blame e.g. internet, 9/11, gulf wars, Ted Turner, steroid cases/federal lawsuits, Bret Hart, WCW invasions, dirtsheets, etc

Well of course. Bad Booking is nothing compared to 9/11.

And the internet. WTF's up with that? We all HATE wrestling. :shifty:

Rob
02-29-2004, 12:07 PM
Yeah I know. We have nothing better to do than watch 4 hours of wrestling on TV, buy monthly 3 hour PPVs, go to live shows and then come online and bitch about how much wrestling sucks and how sh</>it it all is.

BigDaddyCool
02-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Um....I haven't seen a full wrestling show in like 3 months because of this, that, and the other. It is HHH's fault at all (cause I'm a HHH mark), it is more of American chopper's fault and my friends who love to get together on Thursdays.

Champion of Europa
02-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Um....I haven't seen a full wrestling show in like 3 months because of this, that, and the other. It is HHH's fault at all (cause I'm a HHH mark), it is more of American chopper's fault and my friends who love to get together on Thursdays.

It cannot be prevented.

American Chopper Foo Man Chu > Hogan's Foo Man Chu.

asphyXy
02-29-2004, 01:37 PM
<font color=969696>Triple H is the GAME and he's where he's at because he didn't play by the rules. You're just jealous that you're not as good as him. I mean, he's held the title for the longest time by doing whatever it takes. He's a true fighting champion unlike Chris Jericho or Shawn Michaels.</font>

Kane Knight
02-29-2004, 01:47 PM
That was funny.

jessica rocks
03-01-2004, 02:40 AM
<font color=969696>Triple H is the GAME and he's where he's at because he didn't play by the rules. You're just jealous that you're not as good as him. I mean, he's held the title for the longest time by doing whatever it takes. He's a true fighting champion unlike Chris Jericho or Shawn Michaels.</font>

Exactly HOW long has it been since HHH wrestled in a match???? :shifty:

Fryza
03-01-2004, 02:46 AM
Entirely? No. But, he has contributed to a good deal of it.

John la Rock
03-01-2004, 02:50 AM
Triple H is not responsible. Vince McMahon is!!! 900 posts what!!!

jessica rocks
03-01-2004, 02:52 AM
Entirely? No. But, he has contributed to a good deal of it.

I wouldnt even say that. He has "held down" certain talent but for the most part is has not hurt the WWE in any way. This is another era in the saga of the WWE. Just like "hulkamania" and "dx" .. "the drama of HHH" will pass on to a new era. And just looking at the younger stars of the WWE (Orton, Batista, Cena, Conway, etc) gives the company hope for a bright of future as the past.

In 2 or 3 years from now i think HHH will just another washed up wrestler.

Paranoid Rattlesnake
03-01-2004, 06:45 AM
If you voted yes you seriously need a slap

Kane Knight
03-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Yeah I know. We have nothing better to do than watch 4 hours of wrestling on TV, buy monthly 3 hour PPVs, go to live shows and then come online and bitch about how much wrestling sucks and how sh</>it it all is.

Yeah, and somehow, it's because the programming's of impeccable quality but WE'RE the problem...:lol:

FourFifty
03-01-2004, 10:11 AM
I voted "Other."

He's not helping the business, but he hasn't exactly killed it yet, either.s

Well stated! Good form!

Kane Knight
03-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Tallyho! ;)

Loose Cannon
03-01-2004, 11:25 AM

Yep that's my whole reason for living. I get up each morning and say to myself, "Today is going to be a great day to bit** about wrestling."

Kane Knight
03-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Yep that's my whole reason for living. I get up each morning and say to myself, "Today is going to be a great day to bit** about wrestling."

I thought I was the only one! ({)

Tornado
03-01-2004, 12:01 PM
<font color=#33ffff>He is not personally responsible but he sure as hell hasn't helped.</font>

Kane Knight
03-01-2004, 12:07 PM
<font color=#33ffff>He is not personally responsible but he sure as hell hasn't helped.</font>

This is very true.

BigDaddyCool
03-01-2004, 06:41 PM
... "the drama of HHH" will pass on to a new era. And just looking at the younger stars of the WWE (Orton, Batista, Cena, Conway, etc) gives the company hope for a bright of future as the past.

You can eleminate all those names (expecially Orton) and keep Cena. Cena is the only...ONLY...one with any true potential in the entire pack.

Orton is crap they are trying to market as fine chocolate. Batista is an injury prone 'riod freak. Isn't Conway in that stupid french gimmick, if he ever gets rid of that stigima, the best he can do is get to be a HHH or a Randy Savage. Sure they are champion, but they are remebered because of the Hogans and Austins of the world.

Rain Man
03-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Nah, and the HHH, HBK rivalry is getting very old.

Chilorioman
03-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Actually the downfall started when there were less gimmicks and when the XFLcame in before that the attitude era was the shit!

Rock Bottom
03-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Dude, Randy Orton is gonna be the man, what the hell are you talking about?

Xero
03-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Is Triple H Responcible for the downfall of WWE/Wrestling in general? No...

Is WWE/Wrestling even in a downfall? Not really, just a slump...

Sure, Triple H is a factor in the shitty TV, but you cant just drop a bomb on one person in general... If I WERE going to drop somthing on one particular person, Id say Vince, but even still, he couldnt destroy wrestling, even if he tried...

Sure, the ratings are down, but still, a few million people each week couldnt be wrong... Could they? (Am I right saying a few million? I dont really know how the ratings system works)

BigDaddyCool
03-02-2004, 12:36 AM
Dude, Randy Orton is gonna be the man, what the hell are you talking about?

If by the man you mean X-Pac, then yes.

BigDaddyCool
03-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Is Triple H Responcible for the downfall of WWE/Wrestling in general? No...

Is WWE/Wrestling even in a downfall? Not really, just a slump...

Sure, Triple H is a factor in the shitty TV, but you cant just drop a bomb on one person in general... If I WERE going to drop somthing on one particular person, Id say Vince, but even still, he couldnt destroy wrestling, even if he tried...

Sure, the ratings are down, but still, a few million people each week couldnt be wrong... Could they? (Am I right saying a few million? I dont really know how the ratings system works)

Yeah, lets drop Vince that's smart. Lets drop the one man that has proven he can defy the odds and make wrestling great.

Kane Knight
03-02-2004, 12:49 AM
Yeah, lets drop Vince that's smart. Lets drop the one man that has proven he can defy the odds and make wrestling great.

Proven?

Yeah, shoot a promotion in the foot 90 times, survive through total luck and people like Hogan and Austin, and suddenly you're the one responsible for the boon...

Joe Kerr
03-02-2004, 12:59 AM
If you voted yes you seriously need a slap
agreed you cant blame it solely on one wrestler.

BigDaddyCool
03-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Proven?

Yeah, shoot a promotion in the foot 90 times, survive through total luck and people like Hogan and Austin, and suddenly you're the one responsible for the boon...

Is it luck? Luck is shooting a promotion in the foot once, and surviving. Luck is doing it twice. Luck could even be 3 times. But at what point does it become skill. Hogan and Austin didn't really sucseed till they were working with Vince.

BTW, who else can take on the US goverenment, Ted Turner, fail at aleast two huge business ventures, and everything else he has done and still come out on top? Losers alway complain about luck.

P.S.
I'm not kissing Vinny Macs ass, the guy is a rioded up jackass that I wouldn't trust for nothing, but he isn't lucky, he is good.

BigDaddyCool
03-02-2004, 01:16 AM
Oh, but if Vince is repsonible for the boon, the he is equally responsible for the bust.