PDA

View Full Version : I think Orton is going to take the title at SummerSlam, but before he does...

The One
08-04-2007, 09:50 PM
...I would like to admit, that while I am very much looking forward to the idea of John Cena finally dropping the title, and maybe, just maybe we get a decent looking Championship Belt back...but before any of that happens, I have to say that this has been my favorite John Cena title reign ever. Better than his US runs, his Tag Title run with Michaels, and certainly more than his first two runs with the WWE Gold. I don't know why, but on occasion, he has actually inspired me to pop a little bit. He's got energy, nobody can take that away from him, and coupled with that energy is the fact that he at least gets SOME kind of reaction from the fans, which is a hell of a lot more than a lot of other workers can say. All in all, this was a VERY long reign, one that could have been shorter, but at least there were times intermittently that I enjoyed.

Oh and if he drops the title at SS, then he will have fallen 15 days short of beating Nash's reign. So suck on that!

Oh and I need to specify in conclusion of this thread, his salute, and dumb ass wanna be gangsta/Marine shit is annoying as fuck. I'm just growing to be a fan of the energy he brings to the ring.

Anybody Thrilla
08-04-2007, 09:52 PM
I've always been a Cena fan. But really, when was the last time he did the salute? Did he stop or did I just stop noticing?

D Mac
08-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Yes I am going to bet AGAINST Cena in Tipsters.

Londoner
08-04-2007, 09:57 PM
^ Me to.

mrslackalack
08-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Its gonna be the first ME in a while that you really dont know who is going to go over.

apokalypse7
08-05-2007, 12:44 AM
It's just the first ME that we're PRETENDING we don't know who's going over. Until that third slap of the mat, none of us BELIEVE Orton is getting the strap. And IF it does happen, we'll all mark out for a second, then talk about how bland Orton, MASTER OF THE CHINLOCK is. Then we'll see some threads pop out about how Cena should've retained.

But I love Orton, and I hope that he gets the belt...
I just fear that he won't

Russenmafia
08-05-2007, 07:59 AM
Two things will happen at SS

1. Match ends in a no contest
2. Cena wins (more chance of that happening)

Just saying this as im pretty sure Vince wants him to keep the belt going into Unforgiven so he can have a 1 year title reign.

Bad Company
08-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Cena better win, Orton sucksssssssss

D Mac
08-05-2007, 03:01 PM
I wanna see Cena lose the belt so bad I don't care who gets it. But I'd rather see Iceman Orton.

Juan
08-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I have a feeling I might start enjoying Cena if he's going after the belt instead of overcoming the odds week after week.

Jordan
08-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I have a feeling I might start enjoying Cena if he's going after the belt instead of overcoming the odds week after week.

I'm sure most people will stop hating on him once he drops the gold. I don't care what anyone says he is good wrestler, his PPV matches usually are the best on the card.

Mr. Nerfect
08-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Look, I'll say it now: John Cena should retain the WWE Championship at Summerslam. Randy Orton as WWE Champion is not something the WWE needs right now. I hate Cena's "gimmick," I hate that he has been pushed so hard, and he is nowhere near ready to be the top guy in the company (although he has handled it well, it's his written character I really question), but right now, he is the better choice than Orton.

Pepsi Man
08-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Look, I'll say it now: John Cena should retain the WWE Championship at Summerslam. Randy Orton as WWE Champion is not something the WWE needs right now. I hate Cena's "gimmick," I hate that he has been pushed so hard, and he is nowhere near ready to be the top guy in the company (although he has handled it well, it's his written character I really question), but right now, he is the better choice than Orton.
Ouch. I'm not really an Orton fan, but it's pretty bad when you'd be perfectly fine stripping Cena of the title for no real reason, just to get the title off of him, but yet he's a better candidate than Orton. Poor Randy.

Heyman
08-05-2007, 06:09 PM

Totally agree with you that Cena is the better choice than Orton (although honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing Orton win the title for a month...just to shake things up a bit....and then have Cena win it back).

I still contend that its in the WWE's best interest to have Orton and Cena feud for 3 months (similar to Angle/Austin in 2001). Let Cena and Orton act EXACTLY the way they are now.......and watch Orton start to get cheered like crazy (while Cena gets HUGE boo's).

However - do NOT make the "official" heel/face switch. Keep them as is.

Once Cena wins the title back from Orton (and at this point, the fans are absolutely LOVING to hate Cena even moreso), put Cena in high profile feuds against the likes of Dave Batista and Undertaker. Have Cena once again go over these guys.

At Royal Rumble, have either Austin, Rock, or Jericho make a "surprise" return at the #30 spot and have them win. At Wrestlemania, have either Austin, Rock, or Jericho defeat Cena in the main-event (if it was up to me, I'd have The Rock go against Cena).

That's just what I'd do, but whatever.

p.s. On an unrelated note, I'd still try and do Austin vs. Hogan at Wrestlemania. However - book the match in such a way that the ending looks like a shoot (i.e. no one 'taking the pin'). Have Vince or someone come out in the end and stop the match.

That would definitely be a crap ending to Austin/Hogan, but here's a few things that would be achieved:

1) The hype for Austin vs. Hogan would be amazing. WWE simply can't ignore this.

2) Neither man has to have their "ego bruised" by doing the JOB.

3) The 'worked shoot' ending isn't a very good idea, but atleast its controversial. The controversy generated from this would give the fans something to talk about.

Preliminary Wrestlemania Card:

World Title Match: John Cena vs. The Rock

Steve Austin vs. Hulk Hogan

Just a few ideas bouncing in my head.