Splaya
08-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Seriously, what an amazing show.

Fignuts
08-06-2007, 02:45 AM
Made for TV sci-fi garbage.

Shaggy
08-06-2007, 03:48 AM
I love the show...got all five seasons on DVD.

One of my favorite episodes is the one where all the guys are on the roof of Wolfram and Hart fighting that Apocaplyse demon....and the demon just kicks all their asses.

Also any episode with Faith was usually a good one just because Faith kicks ass.

Blitz
08-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Whole show was great. Last season was a league of it's own tho. Maybe my favourite season of any show ever.

Jura
08-06-2007, 09:46 AM
One of my favorite tv shows. I wasn't an avid fan of Buffy but when the Angel series came around, I took to that. When I heard it got canceled, I felt bad. It seemed so sudden and I hope they really go through with a movie.

Kane Knight
08-06-2007, 09:53 AM
I avoided it at first because !) I hate spinoffs and B) I hate Angel.

But in his own show, it worked. Great series, far as I saw, anyway. I only have Season 1 on Disc.

Shaggy
08-06-2007, 10:33 AM
I was actually watching this earlier this morning when I woke up. Its one of those shows thats just great no matter what time its on.

Boondock Saint
08-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Actually watched Seasons 1-3 over the last few weeks, for the first time. Good stuff.

Splaya
08-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Whole show was great. Last season was a league of it's own tho. Maybe my favourite season of any show ever.

When they turned Fred into that demon. I remember being sad as losing the sweet innocent side of her, but being amazed and thrilled at this newer side of her I was just like :eek::eek:

Bertie Bassett
08-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Angel is great.

El Vaquero de Infierno
08-06-2007, 04:15 PM
I have the first 2 seasons on DVD, and I'll probably buy the other 3 before i go back to uni in September. It's all goodness, even if the whole Angel's son thing got a bit annoying at times.

Also, Amy Acker = :heart: :naughty:

Blitz
08-06-2007, 04:48 PM
When they turned Fred into that demon. I remember being sad as losing the sweet innocent side of her, but being amazed and thrilled at this newer side of her I was just like :eek::eek:
What a fucking episode that was. Started out all sweet and funny and normal, then takes this huge seriously dark turn. SO GREAT :love:

Splaya
08-06-2007, 05:26 PM
What a fucking episode that was. Started out all sweet and funny and normal, then takes this huge seriously dark turn. SO GREAT :love:

Like when she got up from the other side of the bad and her hair had changed to that purplish black, that was a mark out moment for me.

Splaya
08-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Holy shit, just watched a markout moment from Season 2.

When Drusilla had turned Darla back to a vampire, Angel fired Cordy, gunn, and Wesley in an effort to take them down because he had to do it on his terms. Angel had poured gas around the front garage of a warehouse and had thrown a cigarette on it and lit Darla and Dru on fire. They survived but it was AMAZING

YOUR Hero
08-06-2007, 06:34 PM
NO!
*Knee to the groin*

Blitz
08-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Like when she got up from the other side of the bad and her hair had changed to that purplish black, that was a mark out moment for me.
There's so many fantastic moments in that ep. Lorne getting fucking pissed with Eve. Spike's line in the Deeper Well about a hole in the world. And my favourite:

ANGEL-Good. Guys...
WESLEY -You don't have to say it.
ANGEL-I'll say it anyway. Winifred Burkle. Go.

No idea why but I fucking love that moment.

OH and Angel and Spike's fight about Cavemen vs. Astronauts :D :love:

Blitz
08-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Also, one of my favourite TV villains, LINDSEY FUCKING MCDONALD.

Mr Regal
08-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Angle was/is a great show. Whoever decided to cancel it should be staked through the heart....arse first actually, then the heart.

Lock Jaw
08-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Wesley Wyndam-Pryce is the most badass and tragic character ever.

And the Darla storyline in season 2/3 is just amazing.

Lock Jaw
08-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Also, apparently, much like Buffy, they are going to be doing Angel Season Six comics. Just won't be the same though. Especially without Wesley. He MADE that show.

Kane Knight
08-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Angle was/is a great show. Whoever decided to cancel it should be staked through the heart....arse first actually, then the heart.

Spinoffs usually don't last long after the original s gone, no matter how successful.

Blitz
08-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Also, apparently, much like Buffy, they are going to be doing Angel Season Six comics. Just won't be the same though. Especially without Wesley. He MADE that show.
Tell me, in the Buffyverse, how often do dead characters never make another appearance? I doubt Wes will be any different.

Lock Jaw
08-06-2007, 10:37 PM
The way I'd write Season Six is I'd have Illyria be all like "I feel grief for Wesley. I do not like this feeling" and so she rips him out of heaven (through different means then how Buffy was). Wesley comes back and for awhile is the "big bad" as his revival is kinda Ra's Al Ghul Lazarus Pit-y that makes him go insane.

Destor
12-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Just got theis shit in the big ass box set. :heart:

Lock Jaw
12-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Tell me, in the Buffyverse, how often do dead characters never make another appearance? I doubt Wes will be any different.

Well, you were right.

The first two issues of the Angel Season Six comic is out and its actually been pretty awesome. Much better than the Buffy Season Eight comics so far.