PDA

View Full Version : So who should challenge for the World Heavyweight Title after SummerSlam?

D Mac
08-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Depending on who the champ is after SS. Batista or Khali, who should get the next title shot? Or will this fued not be over.

Vastardikai
08-10-2007, 02:21 AM
If it's Batista, put him in a program with MVP. I think it could work.

If it's Khali, I'd say do something out of the box, send Umaga to Smackdown. Have him continue to be the babyface, but have Khali beat him up, making people buy him as a fucking beast. Somehow, Umaga finds away to, ironically, outsmart Khali and beat him for the WHT.

Skippord
08-10-2007, 02:26 AM
The Undertaker

Nervous Ferret
08-10-2007, 02:28 AM
KHALI SMASH CENA

darkpower
08-10-2007, 03:56 AM
Actually, I would give a returning Mysterio a shot (regardless of who has it, and assuming he WILL EVER come back), since he does get some mad pops and people will want to see him get another chance at it.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-10-2007, 04:49 AM
If Khali retains, they'll give Rey a shot just for the whole "small/big" thing....

darkpower
08-10-2007, 04:52 AM
KHALI SMASH CENA

Spoiler

Ah, fuck it, you already know this.

darkpower
08-10-2007, 04:53 AM
If Khali retains, they'll give Rey a shot just for the whole "small/big" thing....

More than likely, but hopefully "thinking outside the box" will mean Rey getting a different storyline, and different quality of booking, than what happened last time (this is, assuming that happens and Rey were to win that).

I'm fine with having Rey as champ as long as it is booked right.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-10-2007, 05:22 AM
The only way Rey will beat Khali is if 50 mexicans who just that second crossed the border run in and shoot Khali.

darkpower
08-10-2007, 05:24 AM
The only way Rey will beat Khali is if 50 mexicans who just that second crossed the border run in and stab Khali.

Well, I may be called fucking stupid for saying THIS one, so:

Michael Hayes runs SmackDown. Don't think for a second that he can't think of something so fucking STUPID to explain ANYTHING as to how Rey could POSSIBLY win vs. Khali.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-10-2007, 05:25 AM
Thats actually a great WORKED SHOOT

I could be the next Russo :shifty:

#BROKEN Hasney
08-10-2007, 05:27 AM
Well, I may be called fucking stupid for saying THIS one, so:

Michael Hayes runs SmackDown. Don't think for a second that he can't think of something so fucking STUPID to explain ANYTHING as to how Rey could POSSIBLY win vs. Khali.

But Rey has speed and heart. They count for WAY more than strength in a fight.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Or Cena could train him in video montages and Rey wins via STFU.

darkpower
08-10-2007, 05:29 AM
But Rey has speed and heart. They count for WAY more than strength in a fight.

Like I said, this is fucking Hayes, one of the worst writers ever.

That would actually WORK in his mind (know you're being sarcastic, but still).

OMFG WORKED SHOOT ROXXORS!!!!11!!11111!!!11

darkpower
08-10-2007, 05:30 AM
Or Cena could train him in video montages and Rey wins via STFU.

Ok, seriously, we need to stop.

The WWE could be looking in on these boards and actually think we're being SERIOUS about these "suggestions".

But no, Cena would fill in for Rey, and I dont need to tell you what happens next.

Mr. Nerfect
08-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Here's what I'd do regarding the World Heavyweight Title at Summerslam:

The Great Khali comes out first, which is odd, considering he is the Champion. Batista doesn't show for a bit, and he comes out, without the flashy intro. Earlier in the night, he cuts a fairly brief promo about how nothing will stop him from being World Heavyweight Champion, again. Batista then proceeds to absolutely demolish The Great Khali. Seriously, have Dave destroy that useless piece of shit. About five Spinebusters kill him, and Dave walks out three-time World Heavyweight Champion without a scratch on him.

Also at Summerslam, Kane has a good match with Finlay, which sees Kane beat the Irish Bastard with a series of Chokeslams. Yeah, it's overkill, but it would draw a parallel with Batista.

That week on SmackDown!, out comes Batista, and he says that he's back and more focused than he has ever been, and there is no one who can derail him now. Kane then makes his way out, and he gets right in Batista's face, and the tension builds. Then Ric Flair's music hits, and out comes Flair, who says he wants a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship, in all due respect to Batista.

Later that night, Batista is scheduled to challenge for the WWE Tag Team Championship with Ric Flair against Deuce N' Domino, but just as Batista is looking for the Batista Bomb on Domino, Flair low blows Batista, and D&D hit "Crack 'Em in the Mouth" to retain. The next week, Batista is getting another shot at the WWE Tag Team Championship, but he wants a different partner. Theodore Long grants him this, and Batista also wants Ric Flair at Unforgiven. Long grants Batista this, as well. Flair cuts a backstage promo just telling Batista that it had to be done, and was only business.

In the main event, Batista and Rey Mysterio end the craptacular reign of Deuce N' Domino, and win their second WWE Tag Team Championship together. Kane then makes his way to the ring, and destroys both Batista and Mysterio, who are exhausted. Maybe even have Deuce N' Domino take some hits from the Big Red Machine.

The following week, Batista says he wants Ric Flair and Kane, and he wants it to be a Triple Threat Match. Rey Mysterio then comes out, and says that he has never asked Dave for anything, but they are good friends, and Rey has not had another shot to become World Heavyweight Champion in some time. Rey respectfully asks Batista to let him have a shot at the Title. Rey says he's not going to attack Batista, or turn on him to get his attention. He just wants Dave to do this as a friend, and as a partner.

Batista agrees, so what we end up with is a Fatal Fourway Match at Unforgiven: Batista vs. Ric Flair vs. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio. It would be a little different, as you have four faces going at it in the main event. SmackDown!'s mid-card will be fine, as Matt Hardy will hopefully win the United States Championship at Summerslam, which leads to a rematch between the two at Unforgiven. Jamie Noble can do something with the Cruiserweight Title (or maybe continue beating on Hornswoggle after her wins it, which brings Finlay in to protect him). Then there is The Undertaker vs. Mark Henry. Make the main event a Fatal Fourway Elimination Match, if you wish. It might be fun to see how they do the eliminations.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-10-2007, 06:22 AM
Heres how I'd have it go down:

Steve Blackman runs out during the fight and nunchucks them both. The title is held up for a tournament and Batista is banned from even being in the same room as the WHC.

Good old Dancin' Dave.... He can dance straight to hell for all I care...

darkpower
08-10-2007, 06:42 AM
Hmmm....maybe my Khali worked shoot idea could be amended with a Batista heel turn, too.

Have Khali come out the night after Summerslam (after Batista wins using some "questionable methods"), not dressed to compete (some Hawaiian shirt and some slacks), grabs the mic, and says that he's learned some English, like the English about him being screwed. He's tired of all of the bullcrap stereotype character that he has been forced into by McMahon. He is hating everything about it, and he demands a change, saying that Batista is McMahon's "boy" now on SmackDown. McMahon comes out, scolding Khali for coming out and airing out the "dirty laundry". But if he wants a rematch, he will have to "earn it", something Khali gets pissed about (that whole "mandatory rematch clause" thing gets ignored), but going against a guy of his choosing, from ANY of the rosters, and since he is a big guy, he has hand picked a big guy of his own: Big Daddy V from ECW. Khali has a tough match with him, but wins it despite some interference from Striker.

The next week, Batista is booed for some actions against Rey to keep his belt last week, and he shuns the fans for booing him, and tells Khali that there is nothing that is stopping him from killing Khali. Rey interrupts and attacks, only to have Batista beat him with the belt first, then a chair. Khali saves him, only to have McMahon do something similar this week. Batista/BDV vs. Khali/Rey. The former team win via DQ, and BDV takes out Khali and causes an "injury" to his knee. The following week, Teddy Long makes a ruling. He's going to add to the match to make it a Triple Threat: Rey vs. Khali vs. Batista for the WHC, something that Rey is estatic about, Batista is pissed about, and Khali is going to take with stride, since he knows Rey deserves this shot.

At Unforgiven, Batista takes advantage of the injury to Khali to be able to keep him at bay. Rey works on both the best he can, but controversy develops when both Batista and Rey pin Khali. No one knows who is the champion, and then the next Friday night, have Rey and Batista in a one on one match, only this time, they got some backup (BDV for Batista, who I would imagine would be just moved to SD at this point, and Khali for Rey). BDV interferes without the ref's knowledge, Khali goes to attack BDV, but the damage is done, and Batista wins. Teddy Long, though, gives two matches for No Mercy (or will it be Halloween Havoc?). BDV vs Khali, and for the title, Rey vs. Batista in a no holds barred match, in which Rey would win and become the new champ for a while.

Kane Knight
08-10-2007, 09:05 AM
If Batista isn't champ, then him.

mrslackalack
08-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Id say Batista will get a rematch at Unforgiven then heading into the Fall Taker or Rey will be the next contender.