PDA

View Full Version : What if Vince had never bought WCW?

D Mac
08-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Would it still be going on strong today? What would be happening in it?

#BROKEN Hasney
08-12-2007, 02:51 AM
It would have been an indy fed for a while as it didn't have a TV slot so no-one wanted to buy it.

To be honest, I reckon the Jarrets would have bought the name and TNA would be WCW right now...

Ninti the Mad
08-12-2007, 02:57 AM
I remember Bischoff wanted to buy it so who knows...

Bad Company
08-12-2007, 03:58 AM
Hogan would be champ.

OverTaker
08-12-2007, 05:42 AM
Shane or Steph wouldve bought it.

OverTaker
08-12-2007, 05:43 AM
TNA wouldn't exist.

OverTaker
08-12-2007, 05:44 AM
WCW would dominate WWF now.

Corporate CockSnogger
08-12-2007, 05:48 AM
Kurt Angle would be WCW champion

Mooияakeя™
08-12-2007, 06:48 AM
Luger would have a job and maybe, some wrestlers wouldn't be dead.

Would be nice though to see what would have happened. It was a bad day when WCW was brought out.

#BROKEN Hasney
08-12-2007, 06:54 AM
I remember Bischoff wanted to buy it so who knows...

Yeah, until AOL Time Warner said there would be no TV slot for WCW. Then Bischoffs backers lost interest.

FourFifty
08-12-2007, 07:18 AM
If WWE didn't buy out WCW then WWE wouldn't have been able to make as many DVDs as they have. That's all. WCW was going to hell in a handbasket, and Vince picked up the scraps.

That, and we wouldn't complain about how badly the WWE vs The Alliance storyline was booked.

Mercury Bullet
08-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Bischoff probably would have eventually got a group together and purchased it. He could have got it on TV somewhere. It probably would be going about the same as it was before it folded.

chrisat928
08-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Booker T would stilll be Booker T not King Bookah!

Kane Knight
08-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Imagine if Benoit or Eddie had died in WCW though. I mean, there are so many variables. Christian going to an established company while Cena was being booed might have been big, and Angle WOULD have been.

BigDaddyCool
08-12-2007, 10:06 PM
It would still suck.

mrslackalack
08-12-2007, 10:33 PM
It would be the greatest night in the history of our sport each week according to Schavoine.

Pepsi Man
08-12-2007, 10:36 PM
Imagine if Benoit or Eddie had died in WCW though. I mean, there are so many variables. Christian going to an established company while Cena was being booed might have been big, and Angle WOULD have been.
Eddie may even have died sooner. I seem to remember Eddie being released from the WWF for his drug usage sometime before the invasion in 2001 and not brought back until he was supposedly cleaned up in April '02. I could've seen Eddie going back to WCW for work during that time.

Kane Knight
08-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Much like Angle went to TNA.

In fact, they'd be much less likely to punish people than they are now, which is sparing to begin with.

On the other hand, they could have tanked anyway. Hard to say.

Pepsi Man
08-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Much like Angle went to TNA.

In fact, they'd be much less likely to punish people than they are now, which is sparing to begin with.

On the other hand, they could have tanked anyway. Hard to say.
Very true on all counts.

mrslackalack
08-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Well WCW was going to get RVD and give him a major push before they had been bought.

Jeritron
08-12-2007, 11:44 PM
You can't assume anything since it changes the course of things. Whats to say John Cena would even be around or pushed, or if Edge and Christian would have broken up. For that reason, it's hard to assume what would have happened in specific points in their careers under the assumption that they progressed the same way (more or less) that they have.

I would assume other big name wrestlers would have been lured away back and forth. TNA is a place to go when you're not wanted, burned bridges, or aren't allowed in WWE anymore. With WCW, it would be the alternative. So who knows who from WWE would end up there, or who from WCW would end up in WWE. Who knows who would acquire what young talent, and who would have pushed who.

I.E.
I would say, Austin would have gone to WCW in 2002 when he walked on Vince. But if it weren't for the WCW acquisition and the handling of his career as a result of the incoming talent, he never would have walked.
Lots of variables.

Pepsi Man
08-12-2007, 11:48 PM
I don't believe we would've seen the brand extension...

Jeritron
08-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Thats a more than safe bet. Brand extension was originally supposed to involve one of the shows being changed to Nitro and having the WCW name and belts with a mix up of talent from WCW and WWF, operated by WWE under the WCW moniker. The brand extension was the same idea, only a step back because of the "failure" of the WCW name. The surplus of titles and talent is admittedly the reason for the draft and the subsequent brand extension.

So yea, absolutely.