PDA

View Full Version : Pacman, Lesnar and more TNA news

Mr. Nerfect
08-15-2007, 10:42 PM
As a cost-cutitng measure, TNA have apparently severed ties with Brother Runt, Matt Bentley/Martyr and Doug Basham. This is so they can pay Adam "Pacman" Jones the large salary they promised him.

Kurt Angle is also apparently trying to get Brock Lesnar into TNA, and talks between Dixie Carter and Lesnar have already begun.

This is good news all-round, in my opinion. Doug Basham was probably a little too quick to join TNA, as he is apparently banging Gail Kim (lucky man), but I really think that he should work in ROH for a bit, show off some of the technical prowess he has, and hopefully get the WWE interested in him again (assuming that's where he wants to be). Basham was a motion-capture subject for a lot of the SmackDown! video games, and he helped train a lot of the guys who have come through OVW. Even if they decide not to use him in a major way, Basham would probably become a "producer," or something.

Matt Bentley has been lost in the shuffle since this whole Serotonin business started, and even before then. His release will allow him to go back to ROH, and show off some more of his skill. He's a guy I can see the WWE picking up, despite his size, because of his ties to Shawn Michaels. I'm not sure if they'd address his relationship to HBK in a direct manner, by having them feud, or something, or if he's more likely to end up on SmackDown! in the cruiserweight division, but I can definitely see him getting picked up.

Brother Runt doesn't need an explanation. Brother Runt? Come on. I'm not sure what the chances Spike Dudley getting picked up by the WWE are, as he is certainly not ROH's type of wrestler, but he's one of the cruiserweights who has been given the best treatment over the years. He's had runs with the World Tag Team Championship, European Championship and Hardcore Championship, and has been used in some bigger angles, if just to bump around and be sympathetic. If Vince is after another ECW Original, Spike could get signed back.

Brock Lesnar getting brought into TNA gives them a big name that is not completely washed up at this stage of his career. Lesnar was the last real star the WWE had on their hands (although one could make a case for Batista), and his presence in TNA would be huge, in my opinion. Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar is never a bad match to run, either. If they can get him, it should be good, in my opinion. Just cut some of the more washed up guys on the roster, like Kip James, BG James, Dustin Rhodes, etc.

mrslackalack
08-15-2007, 10:49 PM
I guess for Brocks salary the entire X divison roster will be released thus bringing an end to the X-Division title as rumored.

IC Champion
08-15-2007, 11:00 PM
I will officially boycot TNA if they bring in Lesnar, Angle better fuck off.

But yes Alienoid, I agree with you that the three jobber had to go.

I haven't seen Brother Runt in monthes, Feburary maybe, Im not sure.

Innovator
08-15-2007, 11:08 PM
You forgot Jerry Lynn, he's gone too.

He asked for his release though, didn't get fired.

Kane Knight
08-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Angle+Lesnar=ORGASM.

Kane Knight
08-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Also, Instant Classic is a Dirty Jew.

Dorkchop
08-15-2007, 11:37 PM
I'd rather not have Lesnar in TNA. I'm not even a fan of the guy, but I'd prefer him in WWE. I would rather TNA not sign another fucking former WWE guy, and push home grown talent, or sign a few indie guys with that money.

Brother Runt was fun in ECW as Lil' Spike Dudley, and had a couple of moments in WWF/E, but has done nothing in TNA except grow a sweet goatee which he might have had towards the end of his WWE days.

Matt Bently. Who?

Basham? Apparently he's Benoit's equal in the ring to you. I'm not saying he doesn't have any talent, but he's not even close to what Benoit was in the ring. I know he's never had a chance to show any character in WWE and TNA, but there have been a lot of guys who've been more entertaining in the ring with no mic time and little ring time too. No loss what so ever.

IC Champion
08-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Also, Instant Classic is a Dirty Jew.
I'm Roman Catholic.

Kane Knight
08-15-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm Roman Catholic.

STFU and get in the oven.

IC Champion
08-15-2007, 11:48 PM
LOL, oddly enough I'm watching a TV program about Hitler and The Occult.

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2007, 12:00 AM
I'd rather not have Lesnar in TNA. I'm not even a fan of the guy, but I'd prefer him in WWE. I would rather TNA not sign another fucking former WWE guy, and push home grown talent, or sign a few indie guys with that money.

Brother Runt was fun in ECW as Lil' Spike Dudley, and had a couple of moments in WWF/E, but has done nothing in TNA except grow a sweet goatee which he might have had towards the end of his WWE days.

Matt Bently. Who?

Basham? Apparently he's Benoit's equal in the ring to you. I'm not saying he doesn't have any talent, but he's not even close to what Benoit was in the ring. I know he's never had a chance to show any character in WWE and TNA, but there have been a lot of guys who've been more entertaining in the ring with no mic time and little ring time too. No loss what so ever.

I really don't have an issue with TNA signing WWE guys. I mean, it's kind of a conundrum that you don't want guys with names to be hired, and then ask who Matt Bentley is. By the way, Matt Bentley is Shawn Michaels' cousin.

And you're right about Spike Dudley. I believe he had the goatee during his run as the Cruiserweight Champion on SmackDown!, during his one heel stint with the WWE.

Doug Basham is not Chris Benoit's equal in the ring according to me, he's Chris Benoit's equal in the ring according to Chris Benoit. I think Benoit's quote was "Doug Basham can go hold-for-hold in the ring with me any day." I'm not sure if that was a kayfabe statement, or what, but I'd take that as a good sign to his abilities. My statement was that he would at least be half the wrestler Chris Benoit is, but people misread that because as KK has been known to say on occasion, most of the people here are idiots.

I'm intrigued about Lesnar being in TNA, because this would make its top faces (assuming Lesnar is a face, of course) Samoa Joe and Brock Lesnar. That's kind of an interesting divide there. Samoa Joe is a guy who looks like he's out of shape, but can move around the ring and wrestle a great match for a guy his size; Brock Lesnar looks like he's in amazing shape, but can move around the ring and wrestle a great match for a guy his size. In other words, TNA would have two of the most technically apt big men in their company, and the prospect of a Samoa Joe vs. Brock Lesnar match interests me a lot more than Batista vs. Brock Lesnar ever did.

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2007, 12:02 AM
STFU and get in the oven.

John Cena was a Nazi? :eek:

Oddly enough, I dislike the man so much, that this news actually makes me like him more.

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2007, 12:04 AM
I will officially boycot TNA if they bring in Lesnar, Angle better fuck off.

But yes Alienoid, I agree with you that the three jobber had to go.

I haven't seen Brother Runt in monthes, Feburary maybe, Im not sure.

To be perfectly honest, I think the only one under permanent contract was Matt Bentley. I think Doug Basham and Brother Runt were on "paid by appearance" schedules. So I guess they just won't be getting used anymore, which is a good thing, because if there's no long term plan for them, why pay them to come in? Shows TNA at least has some sense.

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2007, 12:11 AM
You forgot Jerry Lynn, he's gone too.

He asked for his release though, didn't get fired.

I didn't forget Jerry Lynn, because I honestly didn't know about it. :$

Is this the case? That one actually surprises me a bit. Lynn was kind of used in a backstage role, as well. I mean, if he were just an on-screen wrestler, then I could see it, but this is probably the biggest loss for TNA so far.

Jerry Lynn will be good wherever he decides to go. I can see him anywhere, as he is a veteran the WWE would probably like to have back for ECW, or even SmackDown!, and the guy is savvy enough in the ring to work a good ROH-style match.

Part of me is hoping that Jerry Lynn and Rob Van Dam get together and decide to work for some company and work a series a matches with them. A lot of people scoff at it, but if Hulk Hogan's promotion gets off the ground, that will probably be the best place to go. For one, it's not TNA or the WWE, and secondly, the money would be good. As long as they avoid being locked in for years, and ease their involvement in, things could work out nicely.

I mean, besides that there is probably only some indie promotion like CZW or IWA-MS, and a lot of people here would frown upon that. I guess there's also Japan, too, but that's a long way to go to appeal to North American wrestling fans. I just want to see more RVD vs. Lynn, dammit.

IC Champion
08-16-2007, 12:15 AM
I wish you wouldn't talk like Hogan is going to start a promotion.

Innovator
08-16-2007, 12:17 AM
It's Hogan blowing smoke, nothing else

D Mac
08-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Yes I want to see Brock back.

FourFifty
08-16-2007, 01:24 AM
LOL, oddly enough I'm watching a TV program about Hitler and The Occult.

Once again, no love for my peeps....

Kane Knight
08-16-2007, 06:57 AM
John Cena was a Nazi? :eek:

Oddly enough, I dislike the man so much, that this news actually makes me like him more.

:rofl:

Kane Knight
08-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Once again, no love for my peeps....

Isn't your religion founded upon that very notion? :shifty:

Hanso Amore
08-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Now they need to drop the rest of serotonin and Kaz, because while they are good, they will never draw money, so drop em. Drop VKM and their manager, because they are shit. That would clean alot of money and thin the roster alot. ECW has just as much tv time a week as TNA, but about 35 wrestlers less.

IC Champion
08-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Isn't your religion founded upon that very notion? :shifty:
LOL

Innovator
08-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Oh yeah, add Damaja to the list

Mercury Bullet
08-16-2007, 06:54 PM
What about Lesnar's newfound dedication to MMA? :shifty:

The One
08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Well I didn't give a rat's ass about Lesnar in WWE, but that was only with 4 sided rings, maybe if he has 6 sides to work with I'll like him more. :shifty:

The One
08-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Oh and there isn't a single other peice of note worthy news in that entire post. Basham, Bently, and Runt leaving is about as big of a news story as today a duck had some bread that an old person fed it in the park!!!!!!! OMGzZZZ!!1!

Mercury Bullet
08-16-2007, 07:01 PM
For the record, I don't want to see Lesnar in TNA. Or WWE. Or MMA. Or as a CPA. Or earning an MBA...

Mercury Bullet
08-16-2007, 07:02 PM
DUCK eats bread! To fly away to TNA??? HOT PICS INSIDE!!! >>> (http://www.duck.com)

The One
08-16-2007, 07:03 PM
And for those interested, I just did a quick search, early rumors suggest it was actually whole wheat bread...

But since the duck later on killed his wife and kid, the loaf and in fact the local merchant as well are all being indited by Congress.

Mercury Bullet
08-16-2007, 07:04 PM
We should wait for the toxicology before jumping to conclusions...

The One
08-16-2007, 07:06 PM
TOXICOLOGY REPORTS are IN!!! Bread tag teamed with CHRIS BENOIT to cause more death. DETAIL and MAE YOUNG ASS SHOTS (HOT!) INSIDE!!! >>> (http://www.duck.com)

Xero
08-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Ben Duckwah did it. That despicable dastardly duck.

DAMN!

Mr. Nerfect
08-17-2007, 04:35 AM
I wish you wouldn't talk like Hogan is going to start a promotion.

It's not likely to happen, granted, but if it does, it wouldn't nearly be as bad as what everyone is anticipating.

Yeah, Damaja left TNA a while ago, or so I read. He no-showed one of their events, and didn't bother to tell them. I would be pretty upset if I was jobbing to VKM on a consistent basis, too.

I can see Havoc/Johnny Devine being slipped his release in the very near future. If Matt Bentley couldn't hang on, I doubt Devine will be able to, either. I'd love for Kip and BG James to get their releases, but I really doubt that is going to happen. Russo loves them too much. To be perfectly honest, I think the next releases after Johnny Devine could be Homicide and Hermandez. There is apparently some heat on them for the way they acted at an indie show, and they are far too entertaining to remain over some other stars (as cynical as that might be), and I think Homicide might have been one of those guys to ask for his release a while back. He was always treated better in ROH, and has been vocal about his direction in TNA in the past.

So yeah, my next picks for releases are Havoc of Serotonin, and The LAX being let go would not surprise me, either.

IC Champion
08-17-2007, 05:36 PM

chrisat928
08-18-2007, 05:32 AM
Maybe when Lesnar tries a shooting star in TNA he will break his neck this time.

One can only hope.