Stickman
08-16-2007, 02:42 PM
and good wrestling

The One
08-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Jericho is a demigod. End of story.

Londoner
08-17-2007, 08:24 AM
I too keep watching this every so often, sucha good night, why didn't they keep this style of booking? ffs. Guess it was too much to ask to have something entertaining to watch when it comes to wrestling these days.

Outsider
08-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Just watched the Paul Heyman promo.

Awesome :love:

The Naitch
08-19-2007, 08:51 PM
ECW is only as good as it's last PPV

December 2 Dismember

Lord-Of-Darkness
08-19-2007, 09:16 PM
Nothing beats the Extreeeeemmmee Elimination Chamber.

You know, the one where Bobby Lashley tried to break through steel chain with a table :shifty:

Crossrine
08-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Or when nobody was hit with barbed wire bat??! Fucking hardcore man.. :nono:

Crossrine
08-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Outsider
Just watched the Paul Heyman promo.

Awesome

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXzAEbfjeXo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XXzAEbfjeXo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The Naitch
08-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Paul Heyman is gay

Dave Youell
08-20-2007, 08:45 AM
That in my mind was the send off I always wanted when ECW ended, it was an amazing show, and totally felt like ECW. All the matches felt like ECW, the crowd were awesome, the run in segways, just everything was perfect.

Anything after that just got tarnished, ONS2 was a very sombre moment for me as I realised then what was on the cards, as there was far too much WWE influence, my fears then came true the following Tuesday with the ECW Zombie.

But I can always think back to Mike Awesome and Masato Tanaka giving it there all, and have a smile knowing that at least the old ECW got a send off worth having

Londoner
08-20-2007, 10:18 AM
^ 100% agreed. ONs2 was only good cause RVD got to compete in it, he didnt get to compete at ONS1...ONS3 was pointless.

Dave Youell
08-20-2007, 10:26 AM
^ 100% agreed. ONs2 was only good cause RVD got to compete in it, he didnt get to compete at ONS1...ONS3 was pointless.
As far as I'm concerned anything after ONS1 isn't ECW, so I don't mind. I got what I wanted.

To be fair the WWECW show right now is alright, in no way does it reflect what the old ECW was, but it is a fun little show they've managed to get together.

Londoner
08-20-2007, 10:33 AM
WWECW does nothing to entertain me tbh, im sick of seeing Morrison v Cm Punk. Atleast make their SS match an ECW rules match. Not that it will matter to me, since I aint ordering.

Indifferent Clox
08-20-2007, 11:13 AM
at least ons3 had all stipulation matches.

I really think Paul should come back and show that interview and be like " NOTHING HAPPENED!!!" and then change the show up.

OR during SNMe ECW match They should have had the ECW Team steal the cameras up in the loft or whatever.

Dave Youell
08-20-2007, 11:16 AM
The Morrison/CM Punk thing has gone on a bit too long, I don’t think the long term plan was to have either man carry the brand, someone else was going to, but then he got all hands on with his wife and kids.

I can see Punk getting the title as he’s had the chase for too long now, if he doesn’t win it, it would make him look pretty darn weak and he’s meant to be the top face, then I can see him having a min feud with Thorn (once he FINALLY beats Richards) and then feuding with Big Daddy V, I’ve heard V maybe going to Smackdown in early Winter, so I would expect it to be jobbed back, or they need to bring in another new upper card face to balance it out. Someone like Matt Hardy as the ECW champ would be good in my book. But with the show being only at 1 hour, it’s hard to sell anything like that, they need another 30 mins