PDA

View Full Version : So why do people gush over ECW, anyway?

Kane Knight
08-23-2007, 09:58 PM
As usual I fail to have taste at all. I dunno.

I just suck. Hardcore.

Xero
08-23-2007, 11:09 PM
It's better because it sucks in an hour vs. two hours.

The One
08-23-2007, 11:10 PM
CM Punk is pretty good. Morrison is bland as all get out. The rest of the ECW roster isn't even worth talking about.

Basically, ECW sucks.

Than again, SmackDown sucks and RAW sucks and Impact comes with a Surgeon General warning that it may cause brain defects. I'm not saying ECW is good, but I can at least kind of understand why it may be some people's lesser of 4 evils.

mrslackalack
08-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Great points One.

mrslackalack
08-23-2007, 11:35 PM
My favorite ECW Moment lately was when the ECW thread beat out the RAW thread that week just because Steven Richards defeated Kevin Thorn.

The One
08-23-2007, 11:38 PM
When Steven Richards is a hot topic, you know times are rough.

*And no, even when he was in RTC, he was still not a hot topic

Dorkchop
08-23-2007, 11:59 PM
I practically never watch it. I always have better things to do at Friday night at midnight. Even when I'll watch it, I still don't see what's so good about it. The only things I've enjoyed in WWECW were a few RVD matches.

KingofOldSchool
08-24-2007, 12:39 AM
When Steven Richards is a hot topic, you know times are rough.

*And no, even when he was in RTC, he was still not a hot topic

http://www.ivalue.com/images/PCJ1356sm.jpg

:?:

#1-norm-fan
08-24-2007, 12:59 AM
I can't really explain why I like ECW.

It's just got a classic wrestling show feel to it. Nothing amazing is going to happen in any given episode, it's just kind of a relaxed show.

SammyG
08-24-2007, 01:01 AM
I enjoyed ECW on Tuesday, I must say. Main event got kinda boring, but it was still alright. Boogey appeared with his old face paint, dunno why. The newest one is way creepier. Also, Vince's backstage skit with Balls Mahoney was hilarious.

Mr. JL
08-24-2007, 01:04 AM
what happened with Vince and Balls?

Dorkchop
08-24-2007, 01:07 AM
I'd probably like ECW more if it wasn't on Friday at midnight. If we got it on Tuesday, that might make it more watchable.

SammyG
08-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Coach said something about Balls Mahoney possibly being his son, he brought Balls in to the room, and it was just a hilarious encounter. Ended with the awaited Vince quote " I HAAVE NOO BALLLSSS", because Balls Mahoney was trying to convince him that he could in fact be his father. I am digging this angle, dunno bout you guys.

Londoner
08-24-2007, 06:07 AM
I cant stand ECw either, people who enjoy this must be delusional or easily entertained. CM Punk/Morrison bores the shit out of me.

BigDaddyCool
08-24-2007, 11:32 AM
I like it because they aren't pushing rioded up monsters down my throat. Plus it has Boogen, and I'm a Boogen mark. Also, I'm a Johnny Nitro mark. CM Punk is ok. Burke is the man. Plus where else do you get to see Stevie Richards rack up 3 wins in a row...come to think of it, Richards has a bonafide winning streak now (being that you need at least 3 wins in a row for it to be called a streak).

I just personally enjoy it more than any other brand, maybe it is because of all the young guys that are given a shot, maybe because I'm a dumb mark. I don't know, I just like it a lot.

Bad Company
08-24-2007, 11:44 AM
I got into it when they did the new breed deal etc, thought it was really gonna take off. But it just died.
Also, is Thorne even on ECW anymore? There's another dude who I kinda marked out for. Especially with that chick he had. Minter.

BigDaddyCool
08-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Yeah, Stevie has beat Thorne 3 times in a row because Thorne lets his temper get in the way. Infact the last win Stevie got because Thorne kept attacking Stevie after the match and the ref reversed the desision.

I like ECW because it has really basic psychology behind it, so everything for the most part makes sense. No other show makes sense or has basic psychology behind it.

Stickman
08-24-2007, 12:25 PM
It does suck and I haven't watched it in a long time because it airs friday's at midnight so I'm usually having sex at the time. Buuuut, it does have a "classic" feel to it as eluded to earlier.

The One
08-24-2007, 12:30 PM
I really liked ECW during Big Show's reign. During that time, I'd say ECW was the best of the 4 shows. Ever since Bobby Lashley became Black_Cena and was the ECW Champ the entire show went downhill. The New Breed was almost interesting, but it lacked something for me, I think interest in any of the New Breed other than Burke. And what the hell happened to Burke lately? He was on fire, cutting amazing promos and having incredible matches, and now...well...he's a complete bore.

Also, I find Nitro being Champ troubling, at least Lashley felt like he could be a World Champ. Nitro feels like a Midcarder and with him holding the belt, it makes it even MORE painfully obvious that ECW is basically a televised development territory.

While we're on the topic of ECW I have a few questions...

1) Is there any other ECW match for SS other than Punk/Morrison?

2) Why is Rob Van Dam's profile STILL on ECW's roster page?

3) WHERE'S MARCUS COR VON?!?! (ECW's biggest star...if he ever comes back :()

4) What's Stevie's winning streak up to now?

PepperCarrotMan
08-24-2007, 01:07 PM
3) WHERE'S MARCUS COR VON?!?! (ECW's biggest star...if he ever comes back )

Apparently he has some family issues that he is dealing with. He should be back once he takes care of them.

Xero
08-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Check the sig of the #1 Hippophan.

BigDaddyCool
08-24-2007, 04:26 PM
1) Is there any other ECW match for SS other than Punk/Morrison?

No

Can't tell you

3) WHERE'S MARCUS COR VON?!?! (ECW's biggest star...if he ever comes back :()

Dealing with a death in the family and has taken it very hard.

4) What's Stevie's winning streak up to now?

3 wins, it is a bonafide streak.

mrslackalack
08-24-2007, 04:48 PM
I think Stevies even winning on house shows since the T.V. streak began as hes pinned guys like Burke. He did lose one match at a house show though to Big Daddy V.

Anybody Thrilla
08-25-2007, 03:07 PM
ECW is the shit, so all of you nay saying phaggot mouths can just ZIP IT! :mad:

Destor
08-25-2007, 03:18 PM
I agree with ABT.

Anybody Thrilla
08-25-2007, 04:10 PM
I, in turn, agree with Destor.

Skippord
08-25-2007, 04:12 PM
I agree with ABT and Destor

BigDaddyCool
08-25-2007, 05:10 PM
I only agree with Skippord, not Destor nor ABT...wait...no I think I agree with all of them.

Anybody Thrilla
08-25-2007, 05:12 PM
I have an offer to agree with Skippord, but I'm going to wait until closer to the deadline to make my final decision.

Team Sheep
08-25-2007, 05:14 PM
It just feels like a refreshing alternative to tune in to every week. It's nice to watch the glitz and glamour, and all the huge storylines and stars on Raw, and then wind down with some solid, entertaining wrestling on ECW, without all the big names taking up all the time.

Kane Knight
08-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Finally, the ID of ABT's retarded ward:

I agree with ABT.

Anyway, it's hilarious that the two guys who seem to profess the least taste in wrestling are the ones who love it.

And then there's BDC. I'm pretty sure he's only watching it to see CM Punk die in the middle of the ring. :y:

Savio
08-25-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm gonna say I like it to see what KK says about me.

BigDaddyCool
08-25-2007, 07:00 PM
And then there's BDC. I'm pretty sure he's only watching it to see CM Punk die in the middle of the ring. :y:

That and for Boogen.

Innovator
08-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Finally, the ID of ABT's retarded ward:

Anyway, it's hilarious that the two guys who seem to profess the least taste in wrestling are the ones who love it.

And then there's BDC. I'm pretty sure he's only watching it to see CM Punk die in the middle of the ring. :y:If he kept wrestling Cor Von he probably would have

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2007, 02:58 PM
I really don't know. I can't help what I find entertaining, but ECW just does it for me. It just 'clicks'. I really can't explain it.

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Also, I mark out for the Elijah Express EVERY SINGLE TIME. Also, that Morrison bounce-off-the-rope-and-kick-you-in-the-face (I think that's what he's calling it now). Solid wrestling, solid characters, gritty feel...I like the atmosphere. Their roster isn't big, but I like pretty much everybody on it...CM Punk, Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Matt Striker, John Morrison, The Miz (huge Miz mark)...hell, even The Boogeyman is growing on me.

Now I realize this is the most poorly structured post of all time, but I was just typing as it came to me. I love ECW. Sorry for those who don't.

Anybody Thrilla
08-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Oh, and the way Brooke shakes her ass = :drool:

Love that woman.

BigDaddyCool
08-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Also, I mark out for the Elijah Express EVERY SINGLE TIME. Also, that Morrison bounce-off-the-rope-and-kick-you-in-the-face (I think that's what he's calling it now). Solid wrestling, solid characters, gritty feel...I like the atmosphere. Their roster isn't big, but I like pretty much everybody on it...CM Punk, Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, Matt Striker, John Morrison, The Miz (huge Miz mark)...hell, even The Boogeyman is growing on me.

Now I realize this is the most poorly structured post of all time, but I was just typing as it came to me. I love ECW. Sorry for those who don't.

Say it right, it is the Boogen, not Boogeyman

JT
08-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Meh, as said by someone else, it's just a lesser of 4 evils...still not enough to get me to tune in every week.

Honestly, I don't watch SD, ECW, or Impact, and just barely catch Raw every week. Think I just keep coming back to wrestling because I haven't really found much to fill that void in my life yet.

Fignuts
08-26-2007, 06:23 PM
ECW actually got me excited about wrestling again, from its inception, to when Big SHow lost the belt. The fueds were booked with common sense, and there was at least one really good match on every show. I beleive it went to shit once Heyman lost creative control over it.

mrslackalack
08-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I wonder how good the Punk/Benoit matches would have been in ECW?

diothoir
08-27-2007, 02:33 PM
The matches would've been to die for.

Anybody Thrilla
08-27-2007, 02:33 PM
TOO SOON :mad:

diothoir
08-27-2007, 02:43 PM
IT@S BEEN A WHOLE 2 MONTHS :roll:

Anybody Thrilla
08-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Oh my goodness, you didn't think I was serious, did you?

diothoir
08-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Oh my goodness, you didn't think I was serious, did you?

All I know it everything went blank and I couldn't let go of the shift button. :'(

Anybody Thrilla
08-27-2007, 03:07 PM
:nono:

DAMN iNATOR
08-27-2007, 05:10 PM

Either nobody's told Vince and/or Linda, or Trips and Stephanie have both tried, but without successfully getting his page deleted, or it's now Sabu and RVD's hobby to smoke weed and drive dangerously while continuously battling the webmaster by using their laptop to put RVD's page back on the ECW roster list every time it's taken down for “re-posting a previously deleted page or article.”

Skippord
08-28-2007, 12:38 AM

:y: :y: :y: :y:

also Brookes ass is incredible

Anybody Thrilla
08-28-2007, 03:02 PM
I want to wear Brooke's ass as a hat.

BigDaddyCool
08-28-2007, 03:20 PM

More importantly why is Mike Knox still listed as a ECW superstar?

Anybody Thrilla
08-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Rob Van Dam's still under contract, isn't he?

BigDaddyCool
08-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Rob Van Dam's still under contract, isn't he?

No, his expired a while a go.

Anybody Thrilla
08-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Well then I guess that is pretty odd.

BigDaddyCool
08-28-2007, 11:31 PM
Well then I guess that is pretty odd.

Maybe the still expect him to come back or something.

mrslackalack
08-28-2007, 11:35 PM
They kept Rocks on there forever on the RAW page until they moved it over the the alum section. I say thats what they will eventually do with RVDs

mrslackalack
08-28-2007, 11:36 PM
I love watching Brooke and Layla on ECW as well. I think both are hot. Kelly is so-so to me but Brooke and Layla are stunning.