PDA

View Full Version : John "Little Jericho" Morrison

The Show Off
08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
I've been watching ECW as of late, and I've been paying attenting to the new face of extreme the Shaman of Sexy John Morrison!

Yeah.

Well something that I've noticed is that John Morrison for ill or for good has going to Chris Jericho school or building a character... i.e. give yourself a bunch of intresting nicknames, hype yopurself to the hilt, try to look cool, put emphisis on the last word you say then pull the mic away from your face as gaze off into the crowd like you're the man. If their were a man in which you would want to take pointers from in order to learn how to get over, Chris Jericho would be a pretty good candidate.

The only problem is John Morrison sound like a tweleve year old when he delivers his promos. He's doing a pretty good job in his matches, and his promos are intresting, but it's hard to take seriously when it is being delivered to you by someone whose balls haven't dropped.

Don't get me wrong I think that Morrison is the goods, I just feel he's trying too hard to forge himself as the next Chris Jericho, and he's doing it with a baby voice. The one good thing is that allk he has to do is tweek what he does and he'll be fine. I am digging him much more then I ever did before, so at least that's good, but in lew of Chris Jericho I guess I could root for Little Jericho.

BigDaddyCool
08-24-2007, 04:07 PM
He is more of a little Edge.

IC Champion
08-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Jericho is greatness.

The One
08-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Jericho is a Demigod.

Nitro/Morrison is a waste of time.

No, the comparison fails.

Xero
08-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Well it would just set up a feud when (not if) Jericho returns.

Innovator
08-24-2007, 04:36 PM
When Jericho talks, the crowd reacts

When Morrison talks, no one cares (besides Dave Lagana)

Stickman
08-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Did you honestly just compare Morrison to Jericho?

IC Champion
08-24-2007, 04:49 PM

The Show Off
08-24-2007, 04:53 PM

Yes in the way that you compare apples to oranges... They are both fruit, but as fruit they are totally diffrent.

Crossrine
08-24-2007, 04:56 PM
I think he is copying Jimmy Morrison, of the doors at least appearance wise

mrslackalack
08-24-2007, 05:05 PM
I dont see much of Jericho in Morrison at all

Xero
08-24-2007, 05:16 PM
I think he is copying Jimmy Morrison, of the doors at least appearance wise
Nothing gets past you, does it?

Team Sheep
08-24-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm loving Morrison's little catchphrases right now. I was never interested in Nitro, and I thought Morrison was the supidest name to change to ever, but it's really caught on now and I love it. He's the goods.

JT
08-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Jericho is a Demigod.

Nitro/Morrison is a waste of time.

No, the comparison fails.

Okay, curious as to why you feel Morrison is a waste of space?

The One
08-24-2007, 11:57 PM
Technically I said waste of time, the space he takes up doesn't bother me...

And I dislike him because to date he has yet to provide me with a single solitary second of entertainment. Not one. He was a bore on Tough Enough, a bore as Bisch's stooge, a bore in MNM (Mercury at least had decent matches every once in a blue moon), a bore as a singles wrestler, and an absolute bore as Morrison the ECW Champion. :-\

GD
08-25-2007, 02:34 AM
Lots of people out there don't even recognize him even though he is holding the ECW title. I really appreciate his in ring abilities. Maybe they should have let the MNM group continue for a longer time. The wwe really needs to work on him.

Skippord
08-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Morrison is the man

JT
08-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Technically I said waste of time, the space he takes up doesn't bother me...

And I dislike him because to date he has yet to provide me with a single solitary second of entertainment. Not one. He was a bore on Tough Enough, a bore as Bisch's stooge, a bore in MNM (Mercury at least had decent matches every once in a blue moon), a bore as a singles wrestler, and an absolute bore as Morrison the ECW Champion. :-\

I guess one man's opinion, as I've really enjoyed watching him since he came in after tough enough. He's good in the ring, and while his mic skills need work, the look has always been appealing to me.

Anybody Thrilla
08-25-2007, 03:00 PM
I've been a John Hennigan fan ever since Tough Enough. He's really blossomed into a great performer and his matches have been pretty good for the most part. I think he still gets a little nervous at times, which is to be expected from somebody so young, but once he gets more confident in his own abilities, the sky will be his limit.

I can see the Jericho comparison, too.

IC Champion
08-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Jericho and Morrison should never be mention in the same sentance, unless its something like:

Jericho is awesome and a wrestling god, while Morrison is a glorified Mid-Carder.

mike627
08-26-2007, 02:40 PM
I feel sorry for John Hennigan the Morisson gimmick is simply a bad fit for him,he simply does not have the personality to pull it off.:(