PDA

View Full Version : If Kennedy....

Jeritron
08-24-2007, 05:53 PM
...wins the IC title at Summerslam and holds it during his push in the McMahon storyline up through mania (dropping it before or even holding it), it will make the IC title the goods again.

I mean seriously, he's the perfect IC champion right now. Plus that belts been hurting for years. Aside from Ortons reigns its been useless since 2000.

I'd be thrilled if the IC belt got this exposure on and up and comer like Kennedy and regained credibility by being part of a main event storyline where it wasn't just thrown in there (like on Flair or HHH in 2001)

Stickman
08-24-2007, 06:01 PM
I hope he's not Vinces kid.

Dorkchop
08-24-2007, 06:11 PM
I bet he gets the belt, then never defends it like every non world champ in WWE.

The One
08-24-2007, 10:03 PM
WWE has Champs other than their World Champs?

Actually, I'm still maintaining that for the last 3 years the best Championship in terms of match quality, title worth, and holders has been the United States Championship. But the IC, Cruiser, both sets of Tag, Women's and even the ECW Belt are basically not worth shit.

mrslackalack
08-24-2007, 10:04 PM
SPOILERS

I read rumors that Kennedy is the child, however they might do an angle where it was faked so he could try to get a part of the McMahons estate. They might have Kennedy feud with Shane McMahon and a possible WM match with HHH.

The One
08-24-2007, 10:04 PM
But to answer your question, no I doubt that the IC belt will ever again see a resurgence of value unless the Multiple World Champions concept (and indeed the entire Brands idea) are done away with.

mrslackalack
08-24-2007, 10:14 PM
I-C Title hasnt even been defended at a WM since WM18.

The One
08-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Even the Cruiserweight and Women's Championships have been defended at Mania more in the last 5 years...that's just plain pathetic.

Dorkchop
08-24-2007, 11:53 PM

Actually, I'm still maintaining that for the last 3 years the best Championship in terms of match quality, title worth, and holders has been the United States Championship. But the IC, Cruiser, both sets of Tag, Women's and even the ECW Belt are basically not worth shit.

I forgot about the US title. I find it funny how the US title has been handled a lot better than every other belt in the WWE for the past few years.

The One
08-25-2007, 12:06 AM
That's because The United States of AMERICA kicks ass, and the rest of the World does not. Anyone knows that fictional titles in wrestling companies are a sound and solid means by which to compare the actual world that the title belt is supposed to represent...:shifty:

mrslackalack
08-25-2007, 12:14 AM
I think the U.S. title is being used proper. MVP is a great champion that has the potential to use this as a steppingstone to a World Title one day like many other wrestlers have done with the I-C and U.S. titles.

The One
08-25-2007, 12:30 AM
I think the U.S. title is being used proper. MVP is a great champion that has the potential to use this as a steppingstone to a World Title one day like many other wrestlers have done with the I-C and U.S. titles.

Since WWE brought the title back in 2003 only 5 of the champions (Carlito, OJ, Finley, Kennedy, MVP) weren't former or future World Champions...

Eddie - Future WWE Champion
Show - Former WCW & WWE Champion and future ECW Champion
Cena - Future WWE Champion
Booker - Former WCW Champion and future World Champion
Benoit - Former World Champion
JBL - Former WWE Champion
Lashley - Future ECW Champion

And MVP & Kennedy are basically shoe ins to be World Champs at some point, Carlito and Finley are VERY solid upper midcarders, basically the only shitty US Champ they've had was OJ...which regretably was a painfully long reign too...:|

mrslackalack
08-25-2007, 12:47 AM
WWE must of realized it too because he lost the title to Benoit in about 25 seconds.

SammyG
08-25-2007, 02:51 AM
If Kennedy takes a shit in the middle of the ring, and then screams Kennedy, that would be fine with me too. Anything Kennedy is awesome.

Kane Knight
08-25-2007, 09:23 AM

No, and don't let any of these idiots tell you otherwise. They probably got into RVD's stash (Or Jeff Hardy's, in Shadow's case).

KingofOldSchool
08-25-2007, 10:17 AM

Wait.

WWE has World Champions????

addy2hotty
08-25-2007, 10:23 AM
If Kennedy is IC Champ at the same time as he's announced as Vince's kid, then the IC Title will simply, as normal, be forgotten. No good can come from Jeritron's suggestion for the IC Title.

It's a bit like saying that Umanga being IC champ while facing Lashley at Mania was 'good for the title'.

Kane Knight
08-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Wait.

WWE has World Champions????

Sure. There's the "Cena" World Championship, and the "Seven days after winning this title tragedy will befall you" title.

KingofOldSchool
08-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Sure. There's the "Cena" World Championship

You mean that oversized belt buckle?

KingofOldSchool
08-25-2007, 06:31 PM
If Kennedy hangs himself in the middle of the ring, and then right before his neck snaps, he screams Kennedy, that would be fine with me too. Anything involving a dead Kennedy is awesome.

Kane Knight
08-25-2007, 06:33 PM
KoOS, you're a Dead Kennedys fan? :shifty:

KingofOldSchool
08-25-2007, 06:44 PM
KoOS, you're a Dead Kennedys fan? :shifty:

Actually, I am.

Swerve.

SammyG
08-25-2007, 06:45 PM
KennedIES.

Kane Knight