PDA

View Full Version : Alien Vs Predator: Requim---Trailer (Holy Shit)

Shaggy
08-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Well...there is yet another Alien Vs Predator movie on the way. Many people hated the first one but I am one of the few who had a place in my heart for it.

When the new one went into production it was promised that this movie would be filled with the blood and gore that the first one failed to have....

And after watching this unedited redband trailer for the film all I have to say is that it will not fail to deliver on that part...

WARNING: Trailer does include violence and gore....not that this probably bothers you but I would rather warn those who may be a little squimish....all two of you...

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='object_ID=746237&downloadURL=http://moviesmovies.ign.com/movies/video/article/815/815296/avp_trailer_082307_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360' ></embed>

Jura
08-25-2007, 10:08 AM
It looks like the whole movie is packed into that trailer lol. I liked the first movie. This one doesn't look so good.

Mr Regal
08-25-2007, 10:12 AM
I thought the first one had some really good ideas, and some excellent little bits. It had all the right parts, but they didn't really add up the the whole experience i was expecting. It was a PG13 ffs, ridiculous.

Anyway, i have read that this one is going back to the roots of both franchises. Heavy on suspense and horror, can't watch that trailer for some reason, i will look it up later.

Kane Knight
08-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Looks gay.

Mr Regal
08-25-2007, 10:42 AM
You're gay:mad:

Kris P Lettus
08-25-2007, 10:43 AM
This looks pretty sweet..

Much closer to what the first one should have been..

Mr Regal
08-25-2007, 12:10 PM
watched it, looks good.

Kane Knight at what point did you think that got "gay"?

Kane Knight
08-25-2007, 12:21 PM
You're gay:mad:

Trans, but close enough. :)

Mr Regal
08-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Fair 'nough

Fignuts
08-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Looks kinda stright to dvdish.

Mr Regal
08-25-2007, 01:13 PM
you look straight to dvdish:mad:

ClockShot
08-25-2007, 03:56 PM
This looks good. Trying to get a good idea of a plotline. Are they building off the first movie, or is this something totally new?

Shaggy
08-25-2007, 06:00 PM
This looks good. Trying to get a good idea of a plotline. Are they building off the first movie, or is this something totally new?

Everything I have read about it points to it being its own movie..or possibly spawning off the idea of the first film.

Nowhere Man
08-25-2007, 06:40 PM
On Earth in present-day again?? Damn, I was really hoping to see the Colonial Marines return.

Still, looks like it'll be a fun monster-vs-monster brain dump. Not sure if I like how the Aliens are completely disposable again (the one part I liked about the first movie was how one Alien was able to kill two Predators right off the bat), but it'll at least be an entertaining splatter-flick.

Danny Electric
08-25-2007, 07:02 PM
On Earth in present-day again?? Damn, I was really hoping to see the Colonial Marines return.

Still, looks like it'll be a fun monster-vs-monster brain dump. Not sure if I like how the Aliens are completely disposable again (the one part I liked about the first movie was how one Alien was able to kill two Predators right off the bat), but it'll at least be an entertaining splatter-flick.

I think most of the alien v predator books (graphic novels) are set in present day and all are set on earth.

It looks alot better than the first, which was pretty terrible.

Nowhere Man
08-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Actually (and I know this because I have no life), pretty much all of the AvP comics were set in the same time period as the Alien movies, about 200-some-odd years in the future. And only one major storyline happened on Earth. There were plenty of Predator solo comics set in present-day, but just about all of the ones featuring Aliens were in the future and in space.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go be a sad little nerd elsewhere.

Danny Electric
08-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Actually (and I know this because I have no life), pretty much all of the AvP comics were set in the same time period as the Alien movies, about 200-some-odd years in the future. And only one major storyline happened on Earth. There were plenty of Predator solo comics set in present-day, but just about all of the ones featuring Aliens were in the future and in space.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go be a sad little nerd elsewhere.

i've read the predator v batman stuff :)

is that storyine set in the desert?

Fryza
08-25-2007, 08:51 PM
On a horse with no name?

I think it looks good anyway. But I'm a Predator mark.

Skippord
08-25-2007, 10:12 PM
THAT DUDES HEAD EXPLODED

Fox
08-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Two heads at once, actually.

Bloodier/Gorier a good movie doesn't make. If this sequel is going to be successful, it's got to have a good story, which the first one did not.

The reason Predator and Alien/(s) worked so well is because they had good stories too. Even a logline as simple as "Survival of the fittest between one soldier and a highly advanced hunter alien in the rain forests of South America" is intriguing. The "mother-figure (Ripley w/ Newt) vs. mother-figure (Queen Alien w/ Aliens)" theme worked on an entirely different emotional level than the blood/guts/violence parts of the film, and there were a lot of them.

Still, I'm a huge fan of both series, so I'll probably give this one a try.

Rammsteinmad
08-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Looks fairly good as a film where you can turn you brain off and enjoy. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Boondock Saint
08-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Yeah, this looks like a huge improvement over the first one, which was a steaming pile of shit. This could still be shitty but at least entertaining at the same time.

Fignuts
08-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Jesus the first one wasn't that bad untl the chick teamed up with the predator. Like Fox said, gore alone isn't gonna make it better. At least the first one looked like a feture film. I can't help but feel like this movie looks kinda low budget judging by the trailer.

Also, the first meeting of the predator and alien will always give me goosebumps. Waited over a fucking decade to see that onscreen, and it will still give me goosebumps every time I see it.

Kalyx triaD
08-28-2007, 08:11 PM
The scene where the Pred gets stabbed and lifted up face to face with Grid? That was a nice shot.

The new one seems graphic (and rightfully so), but the two franchises were about tone and direction as they elevated the then stale monster movie genre. Not to mention that this one does look like a SciFi Channel production. But who knows, maybe it'll have enough cool scenes to warrent sitting through it (like part one).

Nowhere Man
08-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, this definitely feels like a direct-to-DVD feature.

YOUR Hero
08-28-2007, 10:18 PM
MY problem with the Alien V Predator thing is they make the Alien too easy to kill. Even in their own sequel movies the Alien became about mass numbers. Too bad, because I like the original Alien movie and it's premise.

Kalyx triaD
08-29-2007, 01:54 AM
The "Perfect-Organism" gimmick from part one probably hinted at their hive style of production and life. So they are still a dangerous species, but hardly impossible to deal with when you're ready for them.

Fignuts
08-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Thing is the alien vs predator movie completly throw out the atmosphere and direction of both franchises. This one doesn't look different.

I would rather see a new alien movie with ONE alien, where the movie goes back to its horror roots, instead of being an actio fim.

Also Predator 3 is a must.

Kalyx triaD
08-29-2007, 03:29 AM
Alien3 went back to the single creature set-up and it wasn't that great. Though that fact could be owed to alot of factors. It'll take some nifty directing to make a single Xenomorph scary again with people used to seeing a bunch of them.

Predator on the other hand has endless story potential, with those guys popping up on our planet for centuries. Its an untapped franchise.

Azriel
08-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Looks like it could be decent

Fignuts
08-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Alien 3 was still far more action oriented than the first.

Boondock Saint
08-29-2007, 11:22 AM
But it wasn't a better movie.