PDA

View Full Version : lol what idiot on here said I can only root for teams in my own state?

Savio
08-25-2007, 09:01 PM
fucking stupid

Mercury Bullet
08-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Lol, I've lived in California and North Carolina. I'm in California now so does that mean I can't be a fan of UNC or the Carolina Panthers anymore?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-27-2007, 12:12 AM
Personally I think its pretty dumb if you live in say New York and are a fan of Florida Marlins or something...Unless you have a reason (like your father was a fan so you became one, originally you where from FL etc)

Supreme Olajuwon
08-27-2007, 01:25 AM
search function, sir

Londoner
08-27-2007, 01:36 AM
Lol..people are like that with football clubs here in england..though im in london and support newcastle who are way up north, couldnt careless.

Nervous Ferret
08-27-2007, 02:03 AM
i like new york yankees sometimes the red sox, DETROIT BASKETBALL, the cowboys, Duke basketball and USC football

Jesus Shuttlesworth
08-27-2007, 02:13 AM
I honestly don't understand how people could root for a different team over their hometown team - and by hometown I mean the place where you grew up, not just where you live currently. It makes no sense to me what so ever, I don't even see how it is possible

Fignuts
08-27-2007, 02:27 AM
I honestly don't understand how people could root for a different team over their hometown team - and by hometown I mean the place where you grew up, not just where you live currently. It makes no sense to me what so ever, I don't even see how it is possible

It's ALWAYS casual fans. People who maybe catch one game a year. They like a different team just because their hometown team isn't the number one team in the league. Or because the jaguars logo is "really cool".

OssMan
08-27-2007, 03:33 AM
WEll in all fairness I grew up without a baseball team pretty much, closest was the Orioles which was way too far to go to more than 1 game a year. So we got the Nationals but I was already a Mets fan cause my dad lived in Queens all his life and decided to move to Virginia for some reason

OssMan
08-27-2007, 03:34 AM
Saw like a zillion Twins fans at the Orioles game today though ironikally

mrslackalack
08-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Another reason fans might root for a team from another state is that their local guy is playing for a pro or college team in that location.

Mercury Bullet
08-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Another reason fans might root for a team from another state is that their local guy is playing for a pro or college team in that location.

Very true, I liked the Texans because David Carr was playing for them. Now conveniently, he is with a team that I already liked.

Savio
08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Another reason fans might root for a team from another state is that their local guy is playing for a pro or college team in that location.:y:

Although I will say if there was a Syracuse NFL team I would root for them. But I don't think I should be forced to root for the Jets or the Giants....or the Bills

Kris P Lettus
08-31-2007, 12:24 PM

I pull for alot of team because of local players.. Like, I am a huge McNair fan..

:dunno:

Stickman
08-31-2007, 04:57 PM
I am a fan of a great game as opposed to a team. Especially NFL. We get a lot of Seahawks coverage but I'd rather watch a good game than cheer for a shitty team. Love watching the Colts play but if Manning played for somebody else I probably would watch his team.

As for hockey, I cannot see myself being anythign but a Canucks and Team Canada fan.

Crimson
08-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Im a diehard Cowboys fan and I live close to L.A.. I started rooting for them in the '92 season when i was like 10 yrs old and they won a superbowl. So what's the big deal?

Shisen Kopf
08-31-2007, 08:14 PM
I pull for alot of team because of local players.. Like, I am a huge McNair fan..

:dunno:

You should like this guy then for the Lions, Stephen Peterman, he went to Louisiana State. Doesn't he look sauve?!

http://www.detroitlions.com/photos/athletes/Peterman_HS06.jpg

RP
09-03-2007, 08:19 AM
I root for the Colts, Pacers and Cubs. Cubs are in Chicago, but being born in Indiana, its either the Reds or the Cubs pretty much. I tried to go through a phase where i swore up and down i was an Cleveland Indians fan, but it just wasnt true. Its always been the Cubbies.