PDA

View Full Version : Jericho has been in talks with WWE for a few months now...and it's gonna get fun now

Splaya
09-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Source: PWTorch.com

Reports have recently surfaced the internet about a possible return for Chris Jericho to World Wrestling (http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=190979881#) Entertainment.

For a while now, WWE (http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=190979881#) has expressed interest in bringing Chris Jericho back and has even offered him a seven-figure monetary offer for a full-time return. For the past few months the two parties have been communicating on a regular bases.

Jericho has not been involved in wrestling since 2005 and now feels that he is willing to return to the scene. A source close to Jericho says that he recognizes that his Hollywood aspirations are not going to provide a short-term monetary reward anywhere near that of WWE’s offer.

Right now, Jericho returning to the WWE (http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=190979881#) hinges on whether the two parties can reach a workable arrangement. It is unknown on how long that will take.

Jordan
09-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Thank god.

Splaya
09-05-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm stealing Shadow's idea, but what if it is revealed that Jericho is McMahon's bastard son.

Note: I have just creamed my pants from the thought of the idea

What Would Kevin Do?
09-05-2007, 09:59 AM
That would be awesome....

Then Jericho could beat Cena for the belt....
Then after finally admitting Steph and Trips are a couple, Steph could leave HHH for Jericho.

Then they could feud up to Mania.....

Wierd, I got this odd sense of Deja vu.

BigDaddyCool
09-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Jericho is good and all, but he is still not the savior you guys make him out to be. But at least we will get a few more good matches out of him.

Outsider
09-05-2007, 10:20 AM
:D:D:D:D:D

Splaya
09-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Jericho wrestles better than 99% of the roster
He has more charisma than 99% of the roster
Mic work- I won't even get into that.

What more do you want in a savior

Dave Youell
09-05-2007, 10:38 AM
This is basically the 1 pick me up they have left.

My god Jericho as the son would be awesome

'But things are looking up'

Y2J is under 6 foot :\

BigDaddyCool
09-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Jericho wrestles better than 99% of the roster
He has more charisma than 99% of the roster
Mic work- I won't even get into that.

He never put the asses in the seats the way you think he did. Simple fact. I'm not saying he won't help, but it won't be an instant turn around. Plus he gets lazy.

IC Champion
09-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Yea, he was't always the greatest in WWE at times, I mean he was still Great, but he does get lazy and complacent, and his work suffers because of it. Though If they are throwing that kind of money at him, I'm guessing they are going to give him a decent push for once.

Impeccable
09-05-2007, 11:57 AM
He never put the asses in the seats the way you think he did. Simple fact. I'm not saying he won't help, but it won't be an instant turn around. Plus he gets lazy.

Difference between then and now is, the product is a lot LOT worse.

How many more people on these forums will start watching more often because of Jericho? Some will try to deny it, but Jericho will be a reason for tuning in...myself included in that.

A lazy Jericho is better that over 75% of the roster anyways.

FourFifty
09-05-2007, 11:59 AM

The Messiah

Theo Dious
09-05-2007, 12:01 PM

Jericho's presence will improve the product of one of three brands and make it far more entertaining than it currently is, but he'll be little more than a foundation builder for any kind of recovery. He'll make a good solution to stop the bleeding, but it's hard to think that they'll actually fix the problem once that's happened. Additionally, I really only ever see Jericho getting lazy when he's being used like a turd, not that that's an excuse. Plenty of workers out there have put on full-effort performances in throwaway matches with crap opponents.

Theo Dious
09-05-2007, 12:02 PM

That's less an endorsement of Jericho though than it is a condemnation of the crap rest-of-the-roster.

Rob
09-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Jericho has been getting WWE and TNA offers for the last year.

Mercury Bullet
09-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Jericho has been getting WWE and TNA offers for the last year.

Exactly. Everybody needs to quit spazzing out over this. How is this news? Twice a week, every week, there is 'breaking news' about Chris Jericho in talks with WWE and/or TNA. From now on, I don't fucking care until this 'breaking news' or 'big story' says "JERICHO SIGNS WITH ______". Until then, everybody keep it in your pants.

The One
09-05-2007, 12:26 PM
How many more people on these forums will start watching more often because of Jericho? Some will try to deny it, but Jericho will be a reason for tuning in...myself included in that.

I've said it every single time one of these "Jericho is coming back" rumors pops up. I will faithfully and religiously watch whatever show he is on. In fact he is the ONLY person who I can say that about at this point in time. But I've been saying this for over a year now since there have been rumors of his imminent return for at least that long...I'm inclined to agree with Rob and MB, none of this is what I would consider new or news.

Mr. Nerfect
09-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah, Chris Jericho won't instantly "save" the WWE, but he will make it a whole lot entertaining.

As Rob said, and Mercury Bullet backed up, reports like this pop up over and over again. To be honest, though, they were all kind of pointing to getting Jericho back for the fall, and we're in the fall, and reports are consistent in reporting the time when the WWE wants him ("NOW!"). Plus, Jericho has a wife and kid, and seven figures is a lot of money.

I'm not saying it is definitely going to happen, but the more desperate the WWE gets, the more cash they'll throw at Jericho, and the better his chances of returning are.

Impeccable
09-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Chris' autobiography is released in October. It's an opportunity to return and shamelessly plug his book (even though WWE haven't published it...I'm sure plugging his book is a small price to pay to have him come back).

Jordan
09-05-2007, 04:37 PM
He was on Chikara... He is probably itching to get back into the ring.

Dorkchop
09-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I regularly watch Raw, but will try to tune in all the time if Jericho came back.

Avenger
09-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Jericho has too much history in wrestling to be revealed as the son.

It would ruin his legend to have his character as a McMahon.

Splaya
09-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Not if you do it the Kennedy way and whether it crashes and burns or not, you say he forged the documents to just get the money.

Fignuts
09-05-2007, 08:46 PM
This is basically the 1 pick me up they have left.

My god Jericho as the son would be awesome

'But things are looking up'

Y2J is under 6 foot :\

Doesn't have to mean literally looking up.

Jericho is Canadian.

Canada is up North.

Kane Knight
09-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Difference between then and now is, the product is a lot LOT worse.

Right. You get a boost of fifteen smarks.

Jericho's not gonna be a huge draw, not off the bat, and not in the current environment. The best we could hope for is that the ratings bounce back if there's any promise of Y2J taking the title away from Cena. He'd make no impact on ECW, and I doubt we'd see him on Smackdown.

Shadow
09-06-2007, 12:31 AM
One wonders how you have talks with a guy still in your employ though....

Mr. Nerfect
09-06-2007, 12:45 AM

Jericho's not gonna be a huge draw, not off the bat, and not in the current environment. The best we could hope for is that the ratings bounce back if there's any promise of Y2J taking the title away from Cena. He'd make no impact on ECW, and I doubt we'd see him on Smackdown.

Yeah, Jericho's not going to be a huge draw, but I think you are underestimating him slightly. My brother stopped watching when Jericho left, and I think some people would be the same. My brother is a casual fan, by the way, not your usual smark.

I'd expect maybe a piqued interest for Jericho's return, and that can lay the foundations to the ratings improving a little bit. Not a lot, just a little.

SammyG
09-06-2007, 02:51 AM
Gonna mark out for Jericho if he returns, no doubt about it.

Theo Dious
09-06-2007, 07:30 AM

Yeah, basically you might not get many more viewers, but you'll guarantee that a bunch of smarks CONTINUE to tune in.

Mr. Nerfect
09-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Also, if Chris Jericho returns, he should win the WWE Championship very quickly. It's better to strike while the return iron is hot. I still think he should attack John Cena with a steel chair, masked so we don't know his identity, until he rips it off and then says "Welcome to...RAW...IS...JERICHO!" to close the show.

Fuck a Cena heel turn, just have Chris Jericho made Cena's next challenger, and maybe have Cena act a little arrogant, pointing out he has beaten Jericho before, in fact, he's the reason Jericho was fired, and his new haircut isn't going to change things. Jericho can just be Chris Jericho. Have him call Cena "Don Kennah," and have him just appear in the best segments of the week. Even have him show up as Ron Simmons is involved in an angle (maybe talking to Maria or Santino Marella, furthering that angle) and have the camera pan to Jericho in a Ron Simmons shirt, proceeding to give the "DAMN!" line. Just let Jericho be fun, while Cena does his usual shit.

Then at the PPV, have Jericho go over cleanly, and let Cena's run come to a blissful end. Cena can then come out and claim about being screwed, and evolve into a heel character, but that won't happen, so meh.

Kane Knight
09-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Yeah, basically you might not get many more viewers, but you'll guarantee that a bunch of smarks CONTINUE to tune in.

Except for two or three casuals.

Speaking of which, Alienoid, old chum: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hyperbole

Johnny Vegas
09-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Having Jericho around is VERY good because HE'S NOT GREEN. Honestly, Jericho going back the WWE is a sign that he is looong overdue for a serious title reign. I think that if they (WWE) really wants to get things hot, have a faction around him. Face or heel, if you put the right guys in there, this could be BIG. Not n.W.o. big, but would be very interesting television.

Reading these headlines make me laugh because the WWE is actually "giving in" to someone who deserves it. They are finally realizing the phenomenon that was/is Chris Jericho. I just pray that they don't screw this up, but with seven-figure contract negotiations, i don't think they will.

addy2hotty
09-06-2007, 03:20 PM
You idiots are still playing with my feelings, a whole year after you started.

Bastards.

KK is right, Jericho probably won't particularly draw but I don't give a shit as I would actually remember that Raw is on for a change.

Mr. Nerfect
09-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Except for two or three casuals.

Speaking of which, Alienoid, old chum: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hyperbole

I know what hyperbole is, but I don't get how it fits here. Are you saying that I used hyperbole, or that you did? I don't recall it in this thread, and if you did, it's a convenient defense, as you missed the hyperbole I used when discussing CM Punk in another.

Just to be clear, though: I agree with you. Chris Jericho won't make a big change. He will make a little change, though. RAW would be more entertaining, we'd have someone to support, and you know the WWE wants their money's worth out of him, so it could signify a change in philosophies, with guys who have been around for a bit winning the top belt. You know Triple H will want to be WWE Champion soon, and I get the feeling Shawn Michaels would be hungry for it, too (his career seems to be winding down).

He won't boost ratings up to 6.0. That would be hyperbole. He certainly won't hurt, though.

NeanderCarl
09-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Jericho was finally looking like a main event star in his feud with Cena towards the end of his run... and then he left. They should bring him back as a face now, though, and give him a credible push, preferably with the WWE title... not because I'm a Jericho mark, but because he's a guy who has always verged on genuine main event-dom, and would probably be accepted by the fans in that role, as long as he is allowed to come back and make an impact, rather than be mired in the nearly-ran category again with more near-miss antics.

More likely he will be brought back as a heel to play Triple H's future cannon fodder.

Kane Knight
09-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Oh. My. GOD.

Stickman
09-07-2007, 07:00 PM
He'll job to Cena

Mr. Nerfect
09-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Oh. My. GOD.

You pointed me to hyperbole incorrectly, by the way. Hyperbole never changes your point. It's just an ineffective way of making it.

Kane Knight
09-08-2007, 10:51 AM
It wasn't incorrect. It just points out that you took an inane and linear approach to a statement which shouldn't have been argued against literally or linear.

DAMN iNATOR
09-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Gonna mark out for Jericho if he returns, no doubt about it.

Here's hoping:
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6by8917Few"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6by8917Few" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mr. Nerfect
09-11-2007, 03:46 AM
It wasn't incorrect. It just points out that you took an inane and linear approach to a statement which shouldn't have been argued against literally or linear.

Hyperbole just exagerrates your point. I doesn't alter it. Your point was that Jericho won't change things, my response is that he could, lays down the foundation for more entertaining shows, and that Jericho has a larger following than you give him credit for. And no, hyperbole doesn't save you. It may not be literal, but it is never too open to interpretation.

Kane Knight
09-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Hyperbole just exagerrates your point.

No, it exaggerates the terms, not the actual argument.

That you continue to argue for a literal point goes right back to my astonishment at this level of sheer stupidity. In fact, the idea of hyperbole is...You know...to do so for effect. Which was done. It's not supposed to change the point.

Please, I know you have half a brain. I know you're a linear, anal little Lara Emily as well. Work more on the former, and less on the latter.

mrslackalack
09-11-2007, 01:29 PM
I remember reading one time he wanted Angle and Stings salary if he joined TNA.

Innovator
09-11-2007, 01:44 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2UMoLhYQJg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2UMoLhYQJg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>