PDA

View Full Version : R.O. Punk? (Possible Spoilers)

Xero
09-05-2007, 01:07 PM
From PWInsider:

As I mentioned in my PWInsiderXtra.com Q and A today, they current plan is for CM Punk to hold the ECW Title until John Morrison comes back, then he will lose it back to the now former champ. Yes, I know this will tick a lot of people off. Yes, I also hope WWE comes to their senses in the next month and doesn't Orton Punk by making him a short term champ.

The One
09-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Welcome to WWE; either you get your belt tattoo'd on your waist or you're a holding place til they put it back.

IC Champion
09-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Morrison sucked.

That is all.

BigDaddyCool
09-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Welcome to WWE; either you get your belt tattoo'd on your waist or you're a holding place til they put it back.

Yeah, CM Punk has something else tatooed around his waist, can't read it, but it ain't the title.

The One
09-05-2007, 01:24 PM
I will say, I did enjoy Morrison's promo last night. About how Punk picked his tattoos from a coloring book and how he was a Blink182 groupie. Those were fun.

Still, I'm in NO rush to see Morrison hold any titles...ever...

Jordan
09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Fuck have him drop it to BDV if anyone.

XXXCMPunkXXX
09-05-2007, 02:37 PM
You'd think WWE would realize how bad of a move that is. You take the title off of a man who has been suspended for purchasing drugs online and put it on the man who represents the straight edge lifestyle then when the steroid user returns you put it back on him? Not a good move especailly when they are going to have a hearing in congress about steroids in WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
09-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Now that Punk has won the ECW Championship, I'd keep it on him for a while. Hopefully these John Morrison plans don't go through.

RGWhat316
09-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Wow, more of this seems to be like who they like and who they don't backstage. Everyone says of how RVD messed up his chances when he was caught with drugs, but the same thing is happening again, and Morrison is supposed to immediately get the title back? That's a load of crap.

The One
09-05-2007, 02:55 PM
RVD got arrested for driving while stoned.

Morrison was listed as someone who got prescription drugs from an online source.

There is a difference.

Slow
09-05-2007, 03:02 PM
You're missing the real issue here: why isn't boogy champ? and whatever happened to the likely lads? and when's monty brown coming back? but mostly why isn't boogy champ?

St. Jimmy
09-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Morrison is the goods. Punk is a suiteable place holder, but Morrison has really stepped it up and deserves the belt.

XXXCMPunkXXX
09-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Morrison doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the ECW title, he is just someone who couldn't cut it on RAW and they shipped him down to ECW for the whole big fish in a small pond thing and even though he held the ECW title for 70 some days there was never one of his matches that made me think he deserves the title. (Even though my username has Punk's name in it, i am not biased towards him. I like CM Punk and all but more importantly I like good wrestling and John Morrison doesn't deliver anything even remotely enjoyable any time he steps into the ring.)

BigDaddyCool
09-05-2007, 04:15 PM
You're missing the real issue here: why isn't boogy champ? and whatever happened to the likely lads? and when's monty brown coming back? but mostly why isn't boogy champ?

Switch Boogy with Boogen and I agree with ever thing you said.

BigDaddyCool
09-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Also, maybe WWE is being proactive for once. Everytime they said they were going to give one of the Smackdown champions a long riegn, they got injured a month into it. So they just figure the same will happen with CM Punk.

Dorkchop
09-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Shit. I don't watch wrestling or read TPWW for a week and Punk win's the belt and Johnny Nitro is supsended?

KingofOldSchool
09-05-2007, 05:02 PM
:roll:

KingofOldSchool
09-05-2007, 05:09 PM
I hope if this happens, this gets held against the company when they come before Congress.

I mean what kind of message does that send?

"Oh if you get caught with steroids (even though WWE didn't catch them per se), it's okay cause even though we'll suspend you, when you come back will put everything back to the way it was before."

KingofOldSchool
09-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Hey why don't they announce MVP as McMahon's son and then when Kennedy comes back it can be revealed that MVP forged documents and that Kennedy is really his son.

KingofOldSchool
09-05-2007, 05:36 PM
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/ecw/2007/september1-7/5353454?zone=ecw_articles

Kane Knight
09-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Morrison doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the ECW title, he is just someone who couldn't cut it on RAW and they shipped him down to ECW for the whole big fish in a small pond thing and even though he held the ECW title for 70 some days there was never one of his matches that made me think he deserves the title. (Even though my username has Punk's name in it, i am not biased towards him. I like CM Punk and all but more importantly I like good wrestling and John Morrison doesn't deliver anything even remotely enjoyable any time he steps into the ring.)

Morrison doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a championship. Neither does Punk. Any complaints one way or another is like asking who is higher--RVD or Jeff Hardy. They're both too baked to make a difference. As for who's more entertaining, Morrison>Punk. Flat out. The straight edge coke head is boring, and stupid, too. It's dumb enough to steal a move, but who steals a move as shitty as "GO 2 SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP?"

There's almost nobody worth a title reign on ECW. The thing's like Heat with titles.

Kane Knight
09-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I hope if this happens, this gets held against the company when they come before Congress.

I mean what kind of message does that send?

"Oh if you get caught with steroids (even though WWE didn't catch them per se), it's okay cause even though we'll suspend you, when you come back will put everything back to the way it was before."

I think you're underestimating the cost here. I mean, this will cost Morrison some serious momentum! He might not hold on for the title very long!

...But seriously, he also gets a second title run to his name. Two time ECW champ. I'd say that was punishment enough, but....

mrslackalack
09-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Thats stupid WWE logic for ya. Morrison had a great match with Punk last night and there should be rematches but they should not put the belt back on Morrison. Sad part is Morrison wasnt even the worst current world champ on the 3 brands.

Kane Knight
09-05-2007, 10:48 PM
Thats stupid WWE logic for ya. Morrison had a great match with Punk last night and there should be rematches but they should not put the belt back on Morrison. Sad part is Morrison wasnt even the worst current world champ on the 3 brands.

He might actually be the best. Depending on who's on Smackdown. I forget.

Innovator
09-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Collie

Kane Knight
09-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Oh, shit. I didn't forget. I repressed.

Morrison was the best champ of the three. Which is kinda sad.

Punk, OTOH, jobs to Cena. I find Cena less irritating. And I'd rather hear Collie try and talk.

Mr. Nerfect
09-06-2007, 12:41 AM
Morrison doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a championship. Neither does Punk. Any complaints one way or another is like asking who is higher--RVD or Jeff Hardy. They're both too baked to make a difference. As for who's more entertaining, Morrison>Punk. Flat out. The straight edge coke head is boring, and stupid, too. It's dumb enough to steal a move, but who steals a move as shitty as "GO 2 SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP?"

There's almost nobody worth a title reign on ECW. The thing's like Heat with titles.

Nah, Punk is still was better than Morrison. Nitro was the most improved guy of 2006, but he's still got some ways to go. He is really becoming a fun character, though. His promo on ECW two weeks ago was great.

He was also the best of the World Champions. Now Punk holds that honor. Well, it's not really an honor, as the other two would job to Funaki in terms of quality.

Theo Dious
09-06-2007, 11:46 AM

It IS Heat with titles.

IC Champion
09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
It IS Heat with titles.

Theo Dious
09-06-2007, 11:49 AM
He was also the best of the World Champions. Now Punk holds that honor. Well, it's not really an honor, as the other two would job to Funaki in terms of quality.

Khali is a far better champion than Punk. He at least can be entertaining. Nothing Punk has ever done had as much entertainment value than Khali's celebration with the dancers and shit.

Kane Knight
09-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Nah, Punk is still was better than Morrison.

Again, that's like debating who the better champion is--Rey Mysterio or Horswaggle. You're fucked either way, so at that point, it's moot.

BigDaddyCool
09-06-2007, 02:05 PM
KK, do you even watch ECW?

addy2hotty
09-06-2007, 03:22 PM
Those big pops arrived for Punk yet?

Let me know when they do. I won't clear any space in my Outlook calendar.

Kane Knight
09-06-2007, 04:30 PM
KK, do you even watch ECW?

After trying not to fall asleep between Crap Master Punk and Johnny "I'm embarrassed to share his surname" Morrison, no.

I also don't need to touch water to know it's wet.

Kane Knight
09-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Those big pops arrived for Punk yet?

Let me know when they do. I won't clear any space in my Outlook calendar.

He's outpopping the ticket vendor every night!

BigDaddyCool
09-06-2007, 04:38 PM
After trying not to fall asleep between Crap Master Punk and Johnny "I'm embarrassed to share his surname" Morrison, no.

I also don't need to touch water to know it's wet.

So, is that a no?

Punk deserves the ECW title. I hate him but he deserves it.

Kane Knight
09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
It's a "I don't watch it because I saw it and thought it worthless."

BigDaddyCool
09-06-2007, 05:39 PM
It's a "I don't watch it because I saw it and thought it worthless."

So, you don't watch it, therefore you opinion is moot? I'm trying to understand when is the last time you saw it so I know how relevent you opinion is to current goings on in ECW.

Kane Knight
09-06-2007, 05:45 PM
So, you don't watch it, therefore you opinion is moot? I'm trying to understand when is the last time you saw it so I know how relevent you opinion is to current goings on in ECW.

Well, among other things, I've made recent posts about how I tried to watch it, but couldn't see the appeal of any of the garbage. I've made allusions to the whole Punk/Morrison thing which is very recent.

My opinion is hardly moot. Just because I'm not a big enough retard to watch a show every week when it's ass doesn't mean that the opinion that it's ass was formed out of a vacuum. My phrasing was to deliberately indicate just that.

blake639raw
09-06-2007, 05:46 PM
So, you don't watch it, therefore you opinion is moot? I'm trying to understand when is the last time you saw it so I know how relevent you opinion is to current goings on in ECW. Who cares when the last time he saw it is, his opinion isn't relevant anyways.

BigDaddyCool
09-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Well, among other things, I've made recent posts about how I tried to watch it, but couldn't see the appeal of any of the garbage. I've made allusions to the whole Punk/Morrison thing which is very recent.

My opinion is hardly moot. Just because I'm not a big enough retard to watch a show every week when it's ass doesn't mean that the opinion that it's ass was formed out of a vacuum. My phrasing was to deliberately indicate just that.

I'm just saying if you don't like it fine. But still I think it is the best hour of wrestling on television. And CM Punk and Morrison have been very entertaining. Could it be better, yes, but it is still better than everything else on tv. You opinion is still moot for the simple fact that all your opinions are moot in my eyes. And as we know blab blab blab. I'm blah blah bLah. Yadda yadda yadda. So in the end just know that you suck.

blake639raw
09-06-2007, 08:41 PM
lol, you rule bdc. But I thought that you were one of the ones bashing Punk when he first got the call up, saying he probably sucked or whatever.

Kane Knight
09-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm just saying if you don't like it fine. But still I think it is the best hour of wrestling on television. And CM Punk and Morrison have been very entertaining. Could it be better, yes, but it is still better than everything else on tv. You opinion is still moot for the simple fact that all your opinions are moot in my eyes. And as we know blab blab blab. I'm blah blah bLah. Yadda yadda yadda. So in the end just know that you suck.

Is orange font color a sign of Frontal Lobe Syndrome? Because recently, you seem rather....Brain damaged.

BigDaddyCool
09-06-2007, 11:22 PM
lol, you rule bdc. But I thought that you were one of the ones bashing Punk when he first got the call up, saying he probably sucked or whatever.

It is true, I do rule. And yeah, I wasn't high and the guy, and I still barely like CM Punk because I only like heels and Boogen. But doesn't mean I don't see the crowd popping for him and him working his ass off for it.

BigDaddyCool
09-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Is orange font color a sign of Frontal Lobe Syndrome? Because recently, you seem rather....Brain damaged.

1) It is dark orange

2) It is tiger colored

3) Recently, you mean there was actaully a time I wasn't brain damaged to you? That is almost a complement and I will take it as such from you.

Kane Knight
09-07-2007, 09:29 AM
IT is a complement. Once you seemed like more than some putz who made the most stupid possible statement.

BigDaddyCool
09-07-2007, 09:53 AM
IT is a complement. Once you seemed like more than some putz who made the most stupid possible statement.

No, you were wrong. I've alway either been a putz, or a selfserving asshole.

Kane Knight
09-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm not arguing you were never a putz.

Just that you used to be a little more.

Theo Dious
09-07-2007, 11:53 AM
See this is the kind of shit I really miss when I'm not here half the day. :'(